Bittercup Companion TTW

Best Bittercup Ever!  Thank You!

Thanks! laugh.png If you run into any bugs or strangeness (especially on some of her handled quests) be sure to mention them here. I've still never had a chance to test the Old World Blues handling.

@Everybody

Nope, not dead, obviously. angel.gif  (Much to Bittercup's annoyance no doubt! laugh.png) I'll be getting back to bittercup again once things settle down a bit with work. Winter always is a good time for modding. wink.png

• 1 month later...

Nessa!! Wth we need the stuff you were putting into your mod, putting into your mod!!

I just went to the Pitt fully expecting Bittercup to get changed into that funky slave rag getup you posted.

Not sure why but I guess my memory failed me and thought you'd already done it.

Now I'm stuck stopped in my tracks because I don't want to do the Pitt without the stuff you were making.

So now I can't play and its all your fault! :( lol

Hah, it's not -my- fault. It's Stellaris fault! laugh.png 

Although.... you could drop by Big Mountain. That's in and hasn't ever been tested that I know of...  wink.png I am rather curious if my code works there. laugh.png laugh.png 

And no, this isn't dead. The alternate start mod is about 95% done. (It would be done know if not for: ships.) I've got this and a couple other FONV projects I intend to get back to. As soon as I've wrapped up..... the ships! wink.png

Well I haven't even left DC yet, I was planning on doing the main quest (done) + all the DLC + MZC before I went to Vegas.

I tell you what though. I'll make an easily recognisable save and then hop over and give OWB a quick test out. She's meant to get moved to the medical facility right? Is that all or does she have some new squawks and/or quest dialogue?

From what I remember...  she gets warped into her own little cell in the medical facility. She's supposed to have some dialog too but I can't remember if she walks up to you or you get the dialog when talking to her. blush.gif

Which reminds me, I need to finish splicing the dialog for the Pitt and Dead Money. *makes note* I am -not- looking forward to testing either. laugh.png  (Both those DLCS freak me out. laugh.pnglaugh.pnglaugh.png )

Okay so bad news I'm afraid Nessa, something seems to be wrong.

When I eventually killed that robot you placed in there (which is SUPER-massively overpowered btw, it had thousands of HP) I go to Bittercup cells and open it, and she says (without open a dialogue) "I'm alive! You did it!"  "I mean... I want to die. But I'd rather do it poetically." But because she says it without opening dialogue with me it doesn't move onto the next topic and the next lines can't be chosen.

I looked at the scripting you did and when I open the gate she's supposed to also go into following mode with all her combat settings and distance set? That doesn't happen either.

I can make her follow me by setting her to wait, and then to follow again but, well, that isn't what is supposed to happen is it?

When I checked her inventory the removeallitems hadn't been complete either, she still had all of the ammo I had given her before.

It also seemed to cause a strange bug that upon first approaching the crashed satellite you are teleported back and have to approach it again. That's not exactly game-breaking but it is certainly weird and unexpected

Huh, so the dialog works sort of. I can't remember if she was supposed to start a dialog or not. I thought the script on the gate gets her to move but clearly it needs some tweaking.

I don't think I did anything to the robot. I don't remember doing anything to a robot anyway....  confused.gif  laugh.png laugh.png 

Well, I'll have another look at it. I might have messed up on some dialog options or some such.

Thanks for the report! At least now I know it needs fixing!! angel.gif

Also, I don't think you put in a way to retrieve the gear that gets taken from her?

See, this is what happens when you leave your mod alone for so long, now you can't remember what you did! :P

Do you think you could add in a squawk for Bittercup so that she craps herself and screams when she see's the robot scorpions? That would be kind of cool. Maybe not make it happens 'too' often but so every so often when she engages them?

Her gear should show up... somewhere. Though... I probably didn't keep it with her in the cell.

Tell me about it! Super robots? Missing gear? What the....!? laugh.pnglaugh.pnglaugh.png 

Oh that's an idea! Although, I've got one better. She should say something when encountering... Cazedores. But then, -I- squawk when I see those things... confused.gifconfused.gif

• 3 months later...

So I'm having a slight issue where Bittercup's eyes do that messed up double pupil thing and I have no idea what it is I'm supposed to do to fix it. I sorta ignored the problem by giving her her some sunglasses to hide them but now she looks like a Thin Man from X-com and now I can't stop making that comparison. Any suggestions as to what I may try to fix that particular misstep of mine? 

Yeah, she's freaky enough without possessed eyes. laugh.pnglaugh.png

Eyes screwing up means there's a texture mishap. So... archive invalidation is the first thing to try.

Secondly, it could be Mojave Delight. I vaguely remember somebody telling me there are two of them now, and the newer one messes with eyes. (But I could be wrong.) If you have the one in the link you should be fine.

And...  there's a 3rd reason slipping my mind. biggrin.png

And yes, still intending to fix up bugs and wrap up the final 3 DLCs. laugh.png Currently spaceships are needing finishing though. wink.png

And I just had a thought. She should probably say "Hell no!" when encountering Cazedores the first time and run away. laugh.pnglaugh.pnglaugh.png

Yeah, she's freaky enough without possessed eyes. laugh.pnglaugh.png

Eyes screwing up means there's a texture mishap. So... archive invalidation is the first thing to try.

Secondly, it could be Mojave Delight. I vaguely remember somebody telling me there are two of them now, and the newer one messes with eyes. (But I could be wrong.) If you have the one in the link you should be fine.

And...  there's a 3rd reason slipping my mind. biggrin.png

And yes, still intending to fix up bugs and wrap up the final 3 DLCs. laugh.png Currently spaceships are needing finishing though. wink.png

And I just had a thought. She should probably say "Hell no!" when encountering Cazedores the first time and run away. laugh.pnglaugh.pnglaugh.png

For all the devotion you're doing with Bittercup, maybe you can help out with Brisa's TTW version too. ^_^

Erm... actually Brisa was the reason I made Bittercup. laugh.png  Back when I was still using Brisa she had an annoying habit of attacking any other companion randomly. So I gave up and made Bittercup. laugh.pnglaugh.png

Oh and I'm totally doing the HELL NO thing with the cazadores. angel.gif

Erm... actually Brisa was the reason I made Bittercup. laugh.png  Back when I was still using Brisa she had an annoying habit of attacking any other companion randomly. So I gave up and made Bittercup. laugh.pnglaugh.png

Oh and I'm totally doing the HELL NO thing with the cazadores. angel.gif

Heh, that'd be pretty damn cool. I'd say: Do it. biggrin.png

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 7 months later...

So, hello. I'm a total newbie at modding and I'm just looking into stuff that interests me. TTW and Bittercup led me here.

Can I use this mod for her as a companion but use a different mod for her appearance?  I love the companion part but I have found other Bittercup designs I prefer, namely one I saw on the TTW site.

https://taleoftwowastelands.com/comment/40728#comment-40728

Thanks for any help anyone can give me. Sorry if it's a dumb, obvious question.