[Adoptable] Slave Town - A Player Slavery Mod

Im not exactly deep in lore myself but dragonborn may be good or bad (Talos was good, Miraak bad) you can choose either.

One thing for sure you are one of Skyrim - and most likely all Tamriel - most powerfull mages/warriors etc and thats one reason to be proud, arrogant and/or honorable.

Breaking the will of someone like that should not be easy.

You fought son of a god and came victorious, one that even most powerfull heroes of acient Skyrim failed to kill - thats one reason to trust in your capabilities and not submit easy.

Guest IAmTheOneWhoKnocks

Im not exactly deep in lore myself but dragonborn may be good or bad (Talos was good, Miraak bad) you can choose either.

One thing for sure you are one of Skyrim - and most likely all Tamriel - most powerfull mages/warriors etc and thats one reason to be proud, arrogant and/or honorable.

You fought son of a god and came victorious, one that even most powerfull heroes of acient Skyrim failed to kill - thats one reason to trust in your capabilities and not submit easy.

It's also troublesome because when you think about it, the DB doesn't really have many people that they really care about, making it hard to blackmail them.

Concerning the Dragonborn, well, I actually see no reason at all to adress the mainchar as such. If the main-quest isn't even started yet it makes no sense anyone actually knowing there is a Dragonborn in Skyrim, in fact many might even consider Dragonborns and Dragons themselves mere legends of old.

And even if the main quest is started or even finished, the PC has slain Alduin, ended the war, killed Mirak and ended the Volkihar-Vampire-Threat it still isn't necessary to call him/her "Dragonborn". This is still a medieval fantasy-world, without TV or Intenet. How would somebody recognize that this warrior-chick or whatever is truly the famous Dragonborn? After all she fell quite easily into this trap and got captured like some stupid Milkdrinker...

So the whole issue is best be avoided completely, for the most immersion, I'd say. Maybe the PC could have lines now and then available and refer to herself as Dragonborn, which of course nobody believes? ^^

As for reasons to endure slavery and submission even for PC-Heros that are actually not that kind of personality? For me, my main char would, after some inital struggling and fighting, simply feign to be broken, waiting her chance to get free and take revenge...

Well in my game any guard in any hold magically knows that the PC is the one "casting those illusions", they all like more healers, "Destruction magic is fine, just don't burn any house down", knows I am "the one from the College", knows I am a Companion, ask to brew them mead with alchemy, ask to enchant their equipment, comment on my honey words and being a sneak thief. :P

And that's just the vanilla game...super stalker

It's also troublesome because when you think about it, the DB doesn't really have many people that they really care about, making it hard to blackmail them.

point 11. i was thinking about adding was that your spouse/one of your adopted kids gets kidnapped and they blackmail you with it. Decided it would be bit too evil especially that kid part.

There is a quest in dawnguard DLC if you supported Isran - Vampires are kidnapping one of your friends to lure dragonborn into the trap of some sort. That friend could be any NPC that has positive affection with PC (and since Skyrim affection system is lame that means nearly every npc you did any quest for is considered your friend).

Well in my game any guard in any hold magically knows that the PC is the one "casting those illusions", they all like more healers, "Destruction magic is fine, just don't burn any house down", knows I am "the one from the College", knows I am a Companion, ask to brew them mead with alchemy, ask to enchant their equipment, comment on my honey words and being a sneak thief. :P

And that's just the vanilla game...super stalker

Yeah, and I can hardly explain in words how annoying I find this ... maybe at least the guards of Skyrim have some kind of magical network to share informations, pictures and crime-records + some kind of undercover-guard-system...

Or maybe its just an annoying way by Bethesda to make the player feel more like an actual part of the world and have this world recognize his/her deeds...well, mabye it is indeed better than "You you you are the Nerevarine???" ... which was basically all the Dunmer ever said to their saviour after Dagoth Ur was slain...ah well, I'll stay true to my points made above though :sleepy:

Looking for opinions about submission. People were saying that the Dragonborn would be unlikely to give up and do what the slavers wanted, they would endure the punishment. What would be a good motivator in that situation?

I was thinking maybe have the slavers threaten other people instead of you i.e If you don't do what they say then they'll kill a poor grandma or something. Any thoughts on this?

In Fallout NVs Fort Slavery they had the PC locked in a room w two slavers, raping and humiliating him/her while giving the option to submit willingly or continue fighting what was happeing. Evetually the option to fight back resulted in death for the player by a quick beheading (IIRC). So there really was no option but to submit if you didn't want to die.

Otherwise a way to motivate the DB to give in would be to have a child in an adjoining room playing w a dolly or something, and the slaver going "see that cute kid in there...whole life ahead of her...?"

First of all, Bethesda took half the time on skyrim that's required to make a great game,  just for greed.  That's why so many things are poorly done, and don't make any since at all.

Back to the submission; if you don't like RND or collar approach, then drugs might be the answer.  After all, even in our backwards society, there are drugs that do exactly that. 

PS. Fort Slavery also withheld food and water till the PC submitted.

Another two cents.

I guess it just depends on the morals we give out PCs. A Dark Brotherhood PC would probably not care in the least if the slavers killed all the nice old ladies of Skyrim. If you play an honorable character then most likely your PC try to protect innocents. A character that is has an affiliation with the Thieves Guild or Brotherhood is open to blackmail, if they care.

A married PC or one with kids would be vulnerable to threats against their family.

One thing I noticed while playing the mod was that my PC was slowly starving to death. Thankfully, there was enough skooma around that she didn't die of thirst. Unlucky for her, the mod I use to make skooma addictive kicked in right away. I think forcing a PC to drink only skooma, or maybe something exclusive to the slavers, and making them dependent on it, is an effective way of gaining control over a dragonborn. Those with needs mods have to drink, so forcing them to is no big deal as long as it quenches thirst. Those without will soon need to. Food can be drugged too.

There are many great ideas being kicked around here.  As a way to prevent a dragonborn just shouting or zapping everyone to ashes or pieces, how about a collar that prevents her from harming the Master and any others he chooses. That way they can train her in safety.

There are a lot of ways the DB can be forced to submit, from addiction to torture, most having mentioned already. For most of my PCs, a threat against a child would work, as they tend to be very sympathetic towards the little jerks,( excepting Balgruuf's lil' monsters) especially the orphans. 

As for the PC being recognized as dragonborn, I think that they would have a  good idea once the dragonborn was famous and would consider her a prize to be exploited for profit.

Maybe a toggle in MCM dragonborn or not? That way there would be nothing to break immersion for those who play w/o being DB.

First of all, Bethesda took half the time on skyrim that's required to make a great game,  just for greed.  That's why so many things are poorly done, and don't make any since at all.

Back to the submission; if you don't like RND or collar approach, then drugs might be the answer.  After all, even in our backwards society, there are drugs that do exactly that. 

Id say like this: played a hentai game once - Virgin Roster, one of very few that contains slavery theme and was translated to english. Not becouse of some 15 years old 2d graphics, i played it for story.

One of the endings is that you gain control over strong willed female by turning her into a junkie. It was considered bad ending and i completly agreed with that. That was lame ending for something that had alot of potential.

I see it like that - every idiot would know how to pump girl full of drugs to turn her into more or less obedient - but still - next to brain dead junkie.

But true master would know how to gain control without lowering slave potential with drugs.

Its a matter of presonal tastes - some have problem with bestiality i have problem with things i see as wasted potentials.

Good thing if they have a spouse or adopted child then :3

Aside from that, yeah, there's no much options.

Breaking a dragonborn in general is probably going to be tough. Drugs like Skooma or Hist Tree sap (if the DB is not an argonian) would probably be helpful, along with constant indoctrination via illusions, repeated messages, dreams and forcefully evoked emotions via spells. Memory loss as collateral damage is also helpful, as memories shape the character of a person.

Aside from that, pain always works. Casting an illusion spell for increased sensitivity, then setting the dragonborn aflame and keeping him/her alive with healing spells as it keeps burning and burning and burning away the constantly renewing skin...that's far more effective than a flogging. Similarly, you can use poisons, ideally without antidotes known to the common dragonborn.

The downside of the latter however is that it doesn't really mess with the mind. If the dragonborn is one of those "die before dishonor!" guys/gals, no amount of pain or death threats is going to work. In that case, you have to make them forget who they are with psychological terror.

The downsides of the prior is obvious: It takes too long, especially indoctrination. Ideally, it starts with a small whispering voice in the head. Nothing major, nothing that stands out between your regular self-talk and conscience. In the best case, it's even in the victim's own voice. As it continues, you start thinking, pondering whether what you do has been right. You get a guilty conscience for things you always did and thought were right. The voice in your head keeps asking questions you can't properly answer. It shows you options you never considered and which seemed ridiculous at the time, but now seem preferable. It questions you and you start to question yourself. Things you thought contradicted the voice's theses and points of view suddenly seem missing, or contradictory themselves. And then, some day, you see clearly: Your sole purpose in life is and has always been to be a loyal slave and fuck doll to your master. Everything else has been a lie.

It's the most insidious and long-lasting approach. Only really possible via magic or something similar (Looking at you, Leviathans/Reapers!). Probably not adequate for "this" mod. Still, felt like mentioning it. Hence, spoiler tags.

I think a master wouldn't be a master with out illusion magic.(captured dreams)

The only problem is if the player is a vampire. Vampires are immune to drugs, alcohol, poison and disease, highly resistant againts illusion magic, they don't need normal food or drink, they usually don't care much about the living (this depends on the player). The best way to break them is to gag them and let them starve in the middle the slavetown, which is normally a paradise to vampires. After break, give him/her a bottle of blood or a willing subject or let him/her starve, because he/she would gain back his/her strenght to resist.

But what if the player is a vampire lord or a werewolf? Then he/she can simply break free because the transformation will unequip every item.

Wouldn't it be too dangerous to let him/her tranform and let him/her slaughter everyone? Werewolves are also immune to disease and poison.

Maybe the collar should prevent the transformation too or give him/her the cure?

(sorry for the bad english)

Id say like this: played a hentai game once - Virgin Roster, one of very few that contains slavery theme and was translated to english. Not becouse of some 15 years old 2d graphics, i played it for story.

One of the endings is that you gain control over strong willed female by turning her into a junkie. It was considered bad ending and i completly agreed with that. That was lame ending for something that had alot of potential.

I see it like that - every idiot would know how to pump girl full of drugs to turn her into more or less obedient - but still - next to brain dead junkie.

But true master would know how to gain control without lowering slave potential with drugs.

Its a matter of presonal tastes - some have problem with bestiality i have problem with things i see as wasted potentials.

lol

The big problem here in trying to figure out how to break the dragonborn is that it is not well defined who the dragonborn is. There is no simple one size fits all solution to breaking someone's will. Or if there is the CIA has been doing a very good job keeping it a secret. ;) The solution may be to just have a fade to black for each "breaking" session, and have the PC just be a little more submissive each time afterwards. The player can just fill in whatever would be effective for their character, be it beastiality, threatening innocents, threatening family, drugs, or whatever. Perhaps have a set of options in MCM where the player could choose the method that would work to break their character, and a window with appropriate text pops up during the fade to black. Maybe even a custom option with directions where the player needs to edit a file to get their own solution to appear. With these options you might in some cases have a fade to black, then show the PCs being raped by a dog or whipped or whatever, then fade again to wake up at the point where that stage of breaking was complete.

I always have difficult understanding the "character" of the dragonborn, in fact I have that issue with the player character of ALL Bethesda games.

The personalities and character of all these games are design to be open and it is up to the player to create or imagine. That makes it very difficult to nail down how strong willed or "good" the character is, especially since in the vanilla game the PC starts out as a prisoner.

I am not that far into Skyrim's main plot, in my save the PC can't even shout or fought a dragon yet, and is level 56, so technically she doesn't know she is the DB.

LoversGGblackmail got mention here a few times, and it is a fantastic mod, in GGblackmail I think there are three stages where the character's reputation is taken into account, and they are all just minor text swapping between being call a generic hero, The hero of Kvatch, and maybe champion of Cyrodiil during some "Rumor" dialogs, and that's the extend or it. Otherwise everything else is exactly the same.

However another thing GGblackmail did is it takes an active role in giving the PC responses to events that happens to her in the journal and some dialog. There is a definite character being created according to the mod. That might be an, arguably, easier way to handle the issue without having to check for main quest status.

There might be other ways to handle integration with the main quest progression, but that will probably rely on having the PC actually able to progress the main quest to be effective and without wasting the author's time, therefore, not really enslaved and locked up in a single location.

That's because you are supposed to develop the character yourself. Elder Scrolls was inspired by Dungeons and Dragons, so the premise is to create your own character with its backstory and personality. Dragonborn is just a title the player can earn if he or she follows the main story, other than that the player doesn't even have to become dragonborn if they so choose. 

I think the problem here is that we are focusing too much on breaking the dragonborn when it should just focus on the person itself. In fact it was a bit immersion breaking when I started Slave town and people were referring to my character as Dragonborn even though she hasn't even been to Helgen.

I think the best course of action would be to focus on breaking the character, because of the threat that it posed to them, rather than because he or she is the dragonborn.

The big problem here in trying to figure out how to break the dragonborn is that it is not well defined who the dragonborn is. There is no simple one size fits all solution to breaking someone's will. Or if there is the CIA has been doing a very good job keeping it a secret. ;) The solution may be to just have a fade to black for each "breaking" session, and have the PC just be a little more submissive each time afterwards. The player can just fill in whatever would be effective for their character, be it beastiality, threatening innocents, threatening family, drugs, or whatever. Perhaps have a set of options in MCM where the player could choose the method that would work to break their character, and a window with appropriate text pops up during the fade to black. Maybe even a custom option with directions where the player needs to edit a file to get their own solution to appear. With these options you might in some cases have a fade to black, then show the PCs being raped by a dog or whipped or whatever, then fade again to wake up at the point where that stage of breaking was complete.

Doesnt rly have to be MCM - it could be done that player decide which training options PC would resist especially strong. And those options would be ignored in further training as slavers would see them as uneffective and they will focus on others. Ofc you wont be able to block more than lets say 50% of available options.

For example

At the begining of training you will be tested by 1 quest of each option (humiliation, rape, drugs, blackmail etc could be like 6 of them). Not rly hardcore ones as at this stage it would just be "preview".

then player would decide which option fits his tastes: as i see drugs and collar idea as too easy i would make my character try hardest to resist those - so slavers would try to break my PC in other ways, which i wont have possibility to resist strongly enough to block them.

Immersion is kept and everyone should be as happy as possible.

I think the problem here is that we are focusing too much on breaking the dragonborn when it should just focus on the person itself. In fact it was a bit immersion breaking when I started Slave town and people were referring to my character as Dragonborn even though she hasn't even been to Helgen.

Indeed. There really is no "The Dragonborn". The main char is not Commander Shepard, who was quite predefined in her (!) badassness. Our Dragonborns could be everything: Fiery or calm, dominant or submissive, heroic or villainous ... you can hardly cover this all.

So keep it simple, ignore any Dragonborn-related stuff in dialogues and just imagine how to break a mighty and/or ressourceful character that has just been captured. Its a world of magic, so there should be no problem with having a magical way to restrict the power of the main char. And then just do what seems legit to break a person's will, your fantasy (and taste) being the only limit. The DB is still human (well, not all of them, but you get the idea), and though gifted by fate not an otherworldly being...

If I wanted to make a dragonborn do something, I'd first muzzle her, to nerf her shouts. 

Then I'd apply special restraints on her, which are powered by her own magicka, constantly sapping her magicka away whilst being impervious to tampering. 

Finally, I'd equip her with a pear, held in by a chastity belt, and pry it open alittle wider everytime she disobeys, in addition to harsh whippings. 

If still not cracked, then she'll spend a night "resting" on a rack. 

If still not cracked, then she'll be pulling the oars of a slave galleon, seated on a wooden horse.  and constantly whipped. 

All this tortures leaves debuffs on a dragonborne... Sour joints from the rack, infection probability from a whipped back, vaginal bleeding.  These debuffs stack, eventually it will outgrow the dragonborne's ability to regenerate health and it will start ticking the other way, albeit slowly. 

It's only a matter of time before any dragonborne will have to choose a slow death or some recovery by submitting. 

It just depends what they want to submit to. 

Doesnt rly have to be MCM - it could be done that player decide which training options PC would resist especially strong. And those options would be ignored in further training as slavers would see them as uneffective and they will focus on others. Ofc you wont be able to block more than lets say 50% of available options.

For example

At the begining of training you will be tested by 1 quest of each option (humiliation, rape, drugs, blackmail etc could be like 6 of them). Not rly hardcore ones as at this stage it would just be "preview".

then player would decide which option fits his tastes: as i see drugs and collar idea as too easy i would make my character try hardest to resist those - so slavers would try to break my PC in other ways, which i wont have possibility to resist strongly enough to block them.

Immersion is kept and everyone should be as happy as possible.

I am not sure what you mean by "resist the most". If by resist you mean have the strongest reaction against, fight hardest against, or dislike the most, then that is exactly what the slavers should be doing. I am sure if the slavers tried setting the PC in a nice comfy chair and fed her bon bons while performing a funny skit for her, she would not resist. I am guessing what you mean by resist is will the PC submit when threatened with a repeat? If so that is either lightening fast breaking or a not a good test (if they player doesn't reach her breaking point in the easy first test, how do the slavers know which is the most effective to continue with?).

Also it can be immersion breaking in another way. Say for example the player has a major turn off with beastiality. Not only would the player have to sit through one "test" scene in order to get a response, they have to RP it with their character responding "that was no big deal" or "Oooo, I kinda liked that" in order to tell the mod to not use beastiality as a method to break the character.

Then there are the subset of difficult to use (in a mod) methods. You gave blackmail as an example. How exactly will the mod know what the PC has done that would be blackmail material? What secrets do the slavers know that the dragonborn doesn't want to get out? The only certainty is that the PC was captured by the slavers, which would likely be embaressing. But submitting would just make the situation worse, so can't be used as leverage to make the PC submit.

Finally there is the workload. If you try to script scenes for each possible method, that is a ton of work. Much easier on the mod developers to simply shunt that work off camera and have some simple text describe what the slavers are doing.

Also the fade to black can eliminate a lot of tedium in the breaking process. As many people have pointed out, as much as they like the sex part if it is unending it gets boring pretty fast. 30 minutes of rape scenes without a break would lose most player's attention, yet 30 minutes of rape would just be the warmup for actually trying to break someone's will using rape. Breaking someone's will is not an easy or quick process, and I don't think anyone here wants to watch every moment of it happening. A fade to black allows the player to fill in the details with their imagination without risking things getting tedious. Spending a day or a week getting raped or whipped should motivate the PC to be more cooperative, but no one wants to sit at their computer watching all those scenes play out.

Basicly i mean that you would roleplay your character to do its best at resisting those kinds of training that doesnt suit your personal tastes at the cost of making you more vulnerable to other kinds.

It not about what your character likes, its about what you want to see being done to your character and what not.

Test on bestiality could be as much as you witness some bounded slave being attacked by a stray dog (in the docks area for example) - you let that dog to rape her you got bestiality passed (slavers would notice you watching and pick the idea), you save her by killing that dog with your bare hands - no more such content (they will never know what happened and wont pick the idea). It doesnt has to be perfect lore wise. It has to do its job.

I said - nothing hardcore for those previews - unless you would like it to be.

Script load could be simply by checks which quests you got done and which are failed. And you will need this check to run once - at the start of quest line. Thats a breeze.

Basicly i mean that you would roleplay your character to do its best at resisting those kinds of training that doesnt suit your personal tastes at the cost of making you more vulnerable to other kinds.

It not about what your character likes, its about what you want to see being done to your character and what not.

Test on bestiality could be as much as you witness some bounded slave being attacked by a stray dog (in the docks area for example) - you let that dog to rape her you got bestiality passed (slavers would notice you watching and pick the idea), you save her by killing that dog with your bare hands - no more such content (they will never know what happened and wont pick the idea). It doesnt has to be perfect lore wise. It has to do its job.

Script load could be simply by checks which quests you got done and which are failed. And you will need this check to run once - at the start of quest line. Thats a breeze.

That is my exact problem with your idea. If the PC is not moved by the show of the slave being raped by the dog, maybe the PC liked it and part of her wanted to be in the slave's position. Or the PC just doesn't consider dog rape a big deal. This means that beastiality is a poor choice for breaking the characters will. If the PC finds beastiality so upsetting that they will kill a dog barehanded to save someone else, then that means it will work well to break the PCs will. You break someone's will by tormenting them until they will do anything to make the torment stop, not by giving them things they will enjoy. Or possibly getting them addicted to something they do enjoy, and then withholding it if they fail to comply. Your example above seems to be neither.

As far as work, I am not concerned about the scriptload of the breaking scenes. I am concerned with the amount of effort the modder will need to expend on all the breaking scenes, where each player will only experience one or two typically. Until we have a decent first complete release of the mod, I feel the modder's time is best served working on the content most players will experience on a run through. That is another benefit of the fade to black, it can be a good placeholder until the modder has more time to flesh out some of the breaking scenes. Can always put in some scenes in the "fade to black" later once the base mod is in place. Perhaps have a poll to see which breaking methods most people want to see developed into detailed scenes rather than just fade to black text.

Think of it this way, would you rather have 6 breaking scenes coded, where you chose just one, or have 6 slave quests made where you can do all 6 if you so desire?

That's why for starter, a linear progression determine by the author might be easiest. Rather than everyone bringing in they own unique PC have the mod normalize it to be a more general character that works in the context of what the author is trying to do.

You know, being tied, stripped and forced to do someone's bidding for weeks on end has a toll on anyone, no matter how strong willed they might be.Just being enslaved is a pretty detrimental factor to one's psyche.

In fact if they are really going with the idea of having her as a viable asset (trophy, prostitute or servant), they would probably not torture her extremely psychical. It makes no sense, you don't want to ruin your property. So the one proposing that they torture her to the point where she develops diseases and such, that's relatively illogical.

The most logical way to break the character down is through mind games, ergo deterioration of the mind. This is best achieved through verbal action and operant conditioning. What does this mean? It means that after they diminish the person, they give them a task, and if they accomplish the task the slaver gives them a legit reward (no some greasy orc cock).

What this accomplishes is simple, in time the character will associate the action with a reward, thus will become more obedient. A good example of this at play is Kal-El, who since he is obedient is given more liberty.

Therefore we can assume that the system could work like this. Every time the character acts the way the slaver wants, they get a reward that can simply consist on more freedom, if the character misbehaves, they get more restraints. Behave and you don't have to wear ankle cuffs, misbehave and you get thrown into solitary confinement with a bunch of restrains, behave and you get to wear clothing.

In the end it is like behaving the dog to know that whenever the bell rings it's time for food.