[Idea] Rape discouragement mod: Post-rape animations, psychological consequences

Guest GuyWhoAbruptlyDisappeared

I have a mod I have been thinking about for a while now. This is not a request - I intend to figure out the skyrim scripting and animation workflow and make this mod myself as a hobby project. The idea is simple - Use animations and behavior scripts to turn rape fantasies into rape nightmares - that is, maximize regret for the player whether they got themselves raped or, more importantly, were the aggressor.
I just wanted to get your guys' opinion on it, and pick out any stuff that's a stupid idea or not feasible in skyrim scripting.

Animations: 

As I posted in the sobbing thread, I want to make a series of animations to play after sex to indicate pleasure or, more importantly, pain. The animations are pretty simple and doable with my animation experience.

The ones I want to make are these:

Consensual Feminine Role:

Oral > Opens mouth briefly, then brushes cum off with arm.
Vaginal > Runs finger down the area, then examines it. 
Anal > Feels butt a bit, as rylasasin said.

Lesbian Scissoring > Tightens legs and feels clitoris, then returns to normal standing position.

Threesome > Same as vaginal

Victim Role:

Oral > Repeatedly wipes mouth with disgusted look. 

Vaginal > Kneels on ground clutching stomach, falls to fetal position with forehead to the floor.

Anal > Attempts to walk, then falls to knees, cups face with hands.

Lesbian Scissoring > Stands with hands over genitals and legs tightened, slowly fall to knees.

Threesome or gangbang > Same as anal

Masculine or Aggressor role:

Female > Wipes finger on strap-on slowly, then licks it.

Consequences: I want the player to not only see their character or the NPC look like they are in pain, but actually extend that. Add magic effects for the player which hinder their effectiveness for some time, and make NPC's erratic and unpredictable after being raped.

If player victim: 

Any rape causes shellshock and insomnia - shellshock reduces weapon damage, magicka, and magicka regeneration; insomnia makes skills improve 35% slower, and causes the player to randomly wake up when attempting to sleep.

Perhaps add texture effect for crying streaks?

If player aggressor: 

General > Witnesses will become permanently hostile regardless of their morality. Witnesses may become hostile, possibly depending on their morality. Raped NPCs will remain in a post-traumatic position for some time before getting back up.

NPC's in a city > Treated as assault, player gains massive bounty, and the raped NPC is permanently hostile.

NPC's outside of a city > Remain in kneeling position, will not respond even if attacked. Once player is out of sight, NPC will be permanently hostile towards the player.

Housecarls / Spouses > After the rape, for the next 7 days, followers will become hostile and attack the player if the player falls below 20% health. If the player dismisses a follower during this 7 days, something very bad will happen. If non-essential, the follower may leave permanently, never being seen again, or commit suicide at home (i.e strip items, leave suicide note on the body). 

No part of that seems unfeasible to script, but witnesses becoming permanently hostile towards you (as in they attack on sight) could be sort of a problem. For whatever reason I often see such NPCs killed by unknown forces, though that might just be my own experience.

Also, would there be any penalty for failing to prevent your followers from being raped?

As for my opinion on it, it seems fantastic.

No part of that seems unfeasible to script, but witnesses becoming permanently hostile towards you (as in they attack on sight) could be sort of a problem. For whatever reason I often see such NPCs killed by unknown forces, though that might just be my own experience.

Also, would there be any penalty for failing to prevent your followers from being raped?

As for my opinion on it, it seems fantastic.

I don't think the follower would blame you, especially considering it's usually the follower's fault for charging blindly into battle. 

Maybe not permanently hostile for the witnesses, then? 

I was thinking mostly of that time I put up a large wall of ice to seal Aela in a room of draugr while I was escaping the ruin, but it would be hard to make it so the follower can determine whose fault it was they got raped. I guess I mean if when the follower gets raped and you don't, they might sort of feel that you didn't help enough, though I guess that would depend a lot on the specific follower.

And yeah I think if the hostility were for a specific (possibly variable, depending on who it is) period of time, it would work more smoothly. Of course they still won't like you, but they probably shouldn't be able to openly attack you in public while you have your bounty paid off after that period.

Definetly love the idea of this mod. It always annoyed me when my char would get free from her owner (SD+) or she would just get raped and the only thing that would show was a look of worry or sadness on her face for about 3-4 seconds and then shes the stoic dragonborn again. Would really like to see these animations when they are made!

Sounds like I or someone else should someday create the moodlet repository after all. So many mods have different systems for suffering, happyness etc, it'd be a universal ESP with 100's of moodlets most mods can share to prevent overlapping reactions. Ranging from humiliation at being defeated to sustained trauma resulting in more permanent trauma. And more.

I would be veeeery careful changing NPC disposition towards player, Skyrium AI is very unstable and can do unpredictable thingies: guards and player's friends may kill that NPC, your comanions may attack that NPC on sight, you may get no bounty for killing that NPC and stuffs like that. I love the idea of NPCs not forgetting what you did to them immediately like in vanilla skyrim but I don't think hostility is the most reliable way to do it. Buuuut it may be possible to make the affected NPC never talk to player again. Devious Devices has gags that make player unable to talk to anyone while wearing them, I think it's possible to do the same thingy with individual NPCs (who forexamplish belong to a special faction or something)

I would be veeeery careful changing NPC disposition towards player, Skyrium AI is very unstable and can do unpredictable thingies: guards and player's friends may kill that NPC, your comanions may attack that NPC on sight, you may get no bounty for killing that NPC and stuffs like that. I love the idea of NPCs not forgetting what you did to them immediately like in vanilla skyrim but I don't think hostility is the most reliable way to do it. Buuuut it may be possible to make the affected NPC never talk to player again. Devious Devices has gags that make player unable to talk to anyone while wearing them, I think it's possible to do the same thingy with individual NPCs (who forexamplish belong to a special faction or something)

This is very true. Perhaps before anything this game needs a Forgive & Forget mod to drop hostilities. :PDevious Carebear. :lol:

I actually thought of this last night and figured out another solution.

In Markarth, if you attack the silver-blood family out of a guard's sight, they will attack you back, but the guards will not intervene. They'll simply say "A fight!" So, I should be able to recycle that logic by placing the raped NPC in a faction for the recently raped and add the faction to various npcs, stopping the victim from being killed on sight.

A follower might defend you if they did not witness the crime, being unaware of what you did to the NPC to provoke them. However, nobody wants to be around a rapist - witnesses aren't going to put up with that shit and will attack you, even if they are your follower. I will try to make Submit and Defeat prisoners an exception if I make it that far.

In the event that an NPC is innocent and killed anyway by guards for attacking you, this is still reasonable. They think of the Dragonborn very highly and aren't likely to think "Why is that random citizen we don't care about attacking our holy savior?" "Probably rape."

Not hostile or else everyone will start combat with the npc, you could put a flee package and watch how the victim will run away after the acts is finished,

Hmmm. Fleeing is a good alternative if I can't get hostile working properly

In Markarth, if you attack the silver-blood family out of a guard's sight, they will attack you back, but the guards will not intervene. They'll simply say "A fight!" So, I should be able to recycle that logic by placing the raped NPC in a faction for the recently raped and add the faction to various npcs, stopping the victim from being killed on sight.

A follower might defend you if they did not witness the crime, being unaware of what you did to the NPC to provoke them. However, nobody wants to be around a rapist - witnesses aren't going to put up with that shit and will attack you, even if they are your follower. I will try to make Submit and Defeat prisoners an exception if I make it that far.

In the event that an NPC is innocent and killed anyway by guards for attacking you, this is still reasonable. They think of the Dragonborn very highly and aren't likely to think "Why is that random citizen we don't care about attacking our holy savior?" "Probably rape."

I don't know about that bolded part. Certain followers I would imagine simply do not care, housecarls are bound to support you regardless of what you do (they will fight on your side even if you attack the Jarl you thaned you), and most other followers would, as a virtue of being around you long enough, know not to tangle with the Dragonborn. I think that leaves relatively few followers who would be willing to attack you at full strength, other than maybe Serana who is supposedly very strong and probably has even more extreme views on rape than your average NPC. I won't go into NPCs since in the vanilla game, they are literally willing to battle dragons, though I mark that up to bad AI.

I don't know about that bolded part. Certain followers I would imagine simply do not care, housecarls are bound to support you regardless of what you do (they will fight on your side even if you attack the Jarl you thaned you), and most other followers would, as a virtue of being around you long enough, know not to tangle with the Dragonborn. I think that leaves relatively few followers who would be willing to attack you at full strength, other than maybe Serana who is supposedly very strong and probably has even more extreme views on rape than your average NPC. I won't go into NPCs since in the vanilla game, they are literally willing to battle dragons, though I mark that up to bad AI.

I always felt that the followers were willing to kill and die for you because not only are they are sworn to you, but you've never done anything major to harm them. Lydia in particular, arguably the closest thing to a deuteragonist in Skyrim except perhaps Paarthurnax, becomes friendly with the Dragonborn and gives him/her gifts just for being with them.

Perhaps the follower shouldn't attack upon witnessing a rape? Only if they were the ones who were raped?

The attacking at full strength is why I said that they should attack when the Dragonborn is below 20% health - i.e sufficiently weakened that the follower thinks they can take the Dragonborn.

So the question I have now is, to everyone: 

Which of the following would be more immersive - 

A:

1) Housecarls attacks if Dragonborn begins raping an otherwise friendly NPC

2) Housecarls will become unfriendly with the Dragonborn, but not hostile

3) Housecarls will be indifferent

I don't like 3 because it defeats the purpose of the mod.

Hmm well I'll throw in my two cents right quick. 

I like the idea of other NPC's being hostile and such after a rape as it makes sense to me. (in my game I don't generally rape others, I have it in my game as a consequence of losing a fight. they won't always want to kill you, they'd want to rape you and sell you, or enslave you or whatever)  I like the fleeing afterward or trying to attack upon seeing the dragonborn.

But the housecarls and followers? Honestly it doesn't make sense to me. They'd spend a long time with the dragonborn, often times are your lover. They know how you are, what you are capable of. So I don't see them getting hostile because you raped someone else, unless it was perhaps out of jealousy. I wouldn't say indifferent, but perhaps they would make wry comments basically like your partner in crime, which is what they are in the end. Skyrim is a pretty violent place, so I don't think they would be surprised by additional violence. But.. I suppose it could be dependent on their morality. If they are highly moral they aren't ok with the rape at all. I remember reading up on the different housecarls and some of them aren't ok with stealing, so it stands to reason that those wouldn't be ok with rape. But there are others that don't care at all. They will lie, cheat and steal with you not to mention rape with you as well. I think also your relationship with them should factor in. If they are so very fond of you that you share an affection of 4 they should let you do as you like, but if they only have 1 or 2 then they may just be like "ugh dragonborn scum Imma kill 'em next their back is turned" . But perhaps all this is too complex? Well my thoughts on the matter :) 

I do like the idea that npc's remember the wrong you've done them and you remember the wrong done to you as well. Though I'm not sure I'd want my DB to be so very sad as she usually kills her rapists the moment she has the chance. But it does make for more immersion.

-C

Hmm well I'll throw in my two cents right quick. 

I like the idea of other NPC's being hostile and such after a rape as it makes sense to me. (in my game I don't generally rape others, I have it in my game as a consequence of losing a fight. they won't always want to kill you, they'd want to rape you and sell you, or enslave you or whatever)  I like the fleeing afterward or trying to attack upon seeing the dragonborn.

But the housecarls and followers? Honestly it doesn't make sense to me. They'd spend a long time with the dragonborn, often times are your lover. They know how you are, what you are capable of. So I don't see them getting hostile because you raped someone else, unless it was perhaps out of jealousy. I wouldn't say indifferent, but perhaps they would make wry comments basically like your partner in crime, which is what they are in the end. Skyrim is a pretty violent place, so I don't think they would be surprised by additional violence. But.. I suppose it could be dependent on their morality. If they are highly moral they aren't ok with the rape at all. I remember reading up on the different housecarls and some of them aren't ok with stealing, so it stands to reason that those wouldn't be ok with rape. But there are others that don't care at all. They will lie, cheat and steal with you not to mention rape with you as well. I think also your relationship with them should factor in. If they are so very fond of you that you share an affection of 4 they should let you do as you like, but if they only have 1 or 2 then they may just be like "ugh dragonborn scum Imma kill 'em next their back is turned" . But perhaps all this is too complex? Well my thoughts on the matter :)

I do like the idea that npc's remember the wrong you've done them and you remember the wrong done to you as well. Though I'm not sure I'd want my DB to be so very sad as she usually kills her rapists the moment she has the chance. But it does make for more immersion.

-C

I also had the same idea - make their reaction depend on morality, if the job isn't too taxing. I'm just looking for a constant solution otherwise, as I am not an experienced scripter. 

I would, of course, make player reactions toggleable with MCM and all that.

Another thought:

What about a counter for housecarls and other loyal followers, and taking the main quest into account?

Rape them once and they're angry at you. They won't attack you when your health is lower or suicide. 

Rape them twice and they hate you. They may attack you if you have already completed the main quest, and therefore are no longer needed.

Rape them thrice and they'll be traumatized and may attack you at low health regardless of the main quest.

Rape them repeatedly and they'll eventually either try to kill you or flee. 

Looking forward to the player victim part of the mod mainly :).

The player aggressor part is also nice, but in my 500 hours playing of Skyrim so far i can count the times i raped a NPC on one hand, while vastly enjoying SD+, DDs etc..

More realistic consequences sounds really good, the recent wear&tear mods have been another great immersion enchantment for me.

Option 2, possibly with morality involved, seems best to me, but it is again your mod. I like the "relationship rank influencing their reaction more than their morality" idea but it might get complex if you decide to do it that way.

Edit: Another thing I somehow failed to think of before was that NPCs can still always hire thugs/DB assassins/etc even if they won't attack you. It could simply be the vanilla 'group of thugs with a contract' or something complex (e.g. Blackbriars can get the DB after you, Silverbloods can contact the Forsworn, messing with a Companion might lead to a random werewolf attack, etc).

The player aggressor part is also nice, but in my 500 hours playing of Skyrim so far i can count the times i raped a NPC on one hand, while vastly enjoying SD+, DDs etc..

More realistic consequences sounds really good, the recent wear&tear mods have been another great immersion enchantment for me.

Sexlab Wear and Tear is where I got the idea. 

After I modified Sexlab Wear and Tear to my liking, and adding descriptions to the spell effects, I got more and more ambitious, and started looking into scripting and discovered it isn't nearly as complicated as I thought.

Option 2, possibly with morality involved, seems best to me, but it is again your mod. I like the "relationship rank influencing their reaction more than their morality" idea but it might get complex if you decide to do it that way.

Edit: Another thing I somehow failed to think of before was that NPCs can still always hire thugs/DB assassins/etc even if they won't attack you. It could simply be the vanilla 'group of thugs with a contract' or something complex (e.g. Blackbriars can get the DB after you, Silverbloods can contact the Forsworn, messing with a Companion might lead to a random werewolf attack, etc).

The purpose of this post is to get the opinion and input of people to solve problems with the mod before it's even created. You've been a lot of help in refining my ideas.

And that idea of yours nailed it. I think that's the best iteration so far - that NPC's who are too weak to fight you will hire people to kill you. 

Sexlab Wear and Tear is where I got the idea. 

After I modified Sexlab Wear and Tear to my liking, and adding descriptions to the spell effects, I got more and more ambitious, and started looking into scripting and discovered it isn't nearly as complicated as I thought.

If you have Fallout NV i would recommend that you try the original wear&tear from Odessa. Her other mods are also fantastic. Wear&tear for Fallout is much more brutal, and some other mods too. Furthermore the vanilla game system with breakable body parts you need to heal is better suited for these kind of mods. Wear&Tear and the other mods really fuck you up, and you can die as direct or indirect rape consequence. After about 10+ rapes in a short amount of time you die, so you had to obey eventually. Especially the legion fort slavery was a quite immersive experience.

Skyrim overall is already better than Fallout NV imho though, because there are so many nice mods and the engine seems better too. But if you need inspiration you should give the fallout NV mods from here a try, there are some real gems among them.

This sounds like a very interesting mod idea and I hope you can make it happen. I'd probably use it mostly from the victim standpoint, but the ideas for NPC/follower reactions that have been mentioned so far also sound very solid. I have no idea how difficult all this stuff actually is to make happen (particularly controlling NPCs being angry or hostile to the PC without pandemonium breaking out in cities), but I wish you all the best.

I do wonder if NPCs and followers will be able to separate the player raping, say, bandits, versus innocent civilians. Or even if people think they should? In my mind bandits generally deserve whatever fate befalls them, but especially moral characters may disagree.

Archived