I remember fixing it on Expansion's end end of things...

But I suppose it doesn't matter, I think I'll go ahead and develop my own device selector for Captures, with all the new stuff I need a lot more control over it anyways.

Hi @ all

I have a question. What Options should i select in MCM to recieve some of the Rusty chain parts or the pear gags and Plugs from ddx?

I have seen the Option is in there, and the items in DDX are there too, and i have only selectet this ones. all other possible item choices are unchecked in MCM, but everytime i try, i get some leather or ebonite bondadge items and some soulgem plugs. REALY EVERY TIME. What am i doing wrong? This is making me realy weird.........

I´m sorry, but i´m very angry at the Moment, because of this misfunction........ Needs some hours to calm myself down.......

Make sure you have metal devices enabled, that's the only thing I can think of.

I'm sorry, I'm aware how janky it is right now. I don't like the way the system currently works, its item selection is very inaccurate, hard to control and unintuitive to users. I'll be reworking it from scratch soon.

Glad there is an update, got an issue with random corset & gloves.

Also, would love if you can make DC work for Vinfamy's SLKidnapped as well ?

If it has easily accessible modevent hooks I can latch onto without making it a hard dependency, sure, I could try. I'll look into it.

If it has easily accessible modevent hooks I can latch onto without making it a hard dependency, sure, I could try. I'll look into it.

Glad to hear, having DC with SLDefeat and SLKidnapped will definitely awesome. Looking forward to it.  ;)

• 1 month later...

Hello there. Greatly enjoy your mod, as I feel "people being dicks and locking stuff on you" being more compelling to the "hey, it's a trap - you're now tied up, sucker!" of DCL.

Speaking of DCL, which I also love - have you considered adding an integration to the rape events triggered by misogyny, conditioned rape and gas trap with the gear equipping from Captures? It seems these sort of sexual events happen more often to my character than being beaten down through Defeat (which triggers Captures), so my characters are getting away with far more unpunishing unvoluntary happytimes than I approve of.

I understand that you wouldn't want to make integration for every odd mod out there, but from what I've gathered, DCL is pretty much considered a cornerstone mod these days, so I'm sure it'd benefit a lot of users of both yours and Kimy's mods.

DCL handles its own device equips. If some part of it does not result in devices getting equipped, it's probably that way for a reason. I... probably shouldn't interfere with it ^^

Can Sexlabutil1 be used for out of combat devices via captures by send script event?

Cmd=send:EventName:StrArg:1.0

I hope so that would be epic.

• 6 months later...

Hi there,

Sorry to bother everyone with my problem, but I can't get the last version of Devious captures working, and I don't know why. Every other Mod (DD, DDX etc.) is up to date, I only use Defeat, without Death Alternative, and the last versions use to worlk perfectly.

I chose "robbery events" and '"assaults", but now, when my player is defeated, the robbery occurs but no device is equipped.

I don't realy know what to do ; if some of you guys have an idea ...

Thks !

• 4 weeks later...

So... for the sake of the 2.5 people who are still using this I'll be updating DC for compatibility with DD 4.0 over the next couple of days. Until then, I don't recommend using it. While it may still work and it has no custom devices that need updating, I have not yet had a chance to balance it against the new version of DD. Sooo... please don't use it or you may get stuck in devices that are no longer suitable for getting randomly equipped in the wilderness.

Other than compatibility I'm also planning to pretty much rewrite everything from scratch and completely change the device selector.

• I will be dropping the hard dependency on Defeat. DC will still support Defeat via soft modevent hooks but it will no longer be mandatory. Hopefully this will allow me to support more and different mods in the future.
  • I will be dropping the "robbery option" since it requires hard dependency.
  • Device picker will no longer draw from the generic library. Instead, devices will be picked manually by a much more discerning and fully controlled algorithm to ensure that player does not end up locked in inappropriate or poorly matched devices.
  • And thanks to the above, I will also be able to match device variants to enemy factions. Bandits will generally prefer crude, cheap, improvised restraints while rogue mages have a preference for nasty soulgems and stuff!
  • I may or may not add a couple of custom devices and I may or may not get a bit creative with them n_n
  • DC may or may not have dependency on ZAP. Either 7.0 or 8.0. I still need to investigate the potential benefits before I decide.
  • Options regarding material preferences will probably be removed as they will no longer be necessary. That said there will still be options to control the device selector and disable certain devices. I have not decided on the specifics yet.
  • For those who don't like the rework, the currently existing version will remain available for download, but it will no longer be supported or updated.

No ETA. But hopefully I can finish this before I have to go back to working on DD 4.1. Unless I get bored and abandon it again.

sounds great

this is one of my on/off mods - if defeat is in its on, and if i am using something else for anti-death its off (because no defeat).

sounds like its going to get better and better (as time and enthusiasm permits)

23 hours ago, Comrade Laura 'Lokomootje' said:

DCL doesn't drop the new devices yet I think.

DCL can drop the new items (6.2 at least).  i have had a DCL event already put me in a straightjacket.

DCL takes advantage off DDA, DDI, DDX, its own stuff, plus stuff from other supported mods (Captured Dreams, etc) .. so the more options it has,

the less likely you are to see a specific option.  it is (at least partially) luck of the draw for what items it will slap on you (or drop if it can drop random stuff).

31 minutes ago, valcon767 said:

DCL can drop the new items (6.2 at least).  i have had a DCL event already put me in a straightjacket.

DCL takes advantage off DDA, DDI, DDX, its own stuff, plus stuff from other supported mods (Captured Dreams, etc) .. so the more options it has,

the less likely you are to see a specific option.  it is (at least partially) luck of the draw for what items it will slap on you (or drop if it can drop random stuff).

Ok, thanks for the answer.

Seems like I was just unlucky then.

On 12/17/2017 at 8:36 AM, Princessity said:

So... for the sake of the 2.5 people who are still using this I'll be updating DC for compatibility with DD 4.0 over the next couple of days. Until then, I don't recommend using it. While it may still work and it has no custom devices that need updating, I have not yet had a chance to balance it against the new version of DD. Sooo... please don't use it or you may get stuck in devices that are no longer suitable for getting randomly equipped in the wilderness.

Other than compatibility I'm also planning to pretty much rewrite everything from scratch and completely change the device selector.

• I will be dropping the hard dependency on Defeat. DC will still support Defeat via soft modevent hooks but it will no longer be mandatory. Hopefully this will allow me to support more and different mods in the future.
  • I will be dropping the "robbery option" since it requires hard dependency.
  • Device picker will no longer draw from the generic library. Instead, devices will be picked manually by a much more discerning and fully controlled algorithm to ensure that player does not end up locked in inappropriate or poorly matched devices.
  • And thanks to the above, I will also be able to match device variants to enemy factions. Bandits will generally prefer crude, cheap, improvised restraints while rogue mages have a preference for nasty soulgems and stuff!
  • I may or may not add a couple of custom devices and I may or may not get a bit creative with them n_n
  • DC may or may not have dependency on ZAP. Either 7.0 or 8.0. I still need to investigate the potential benefits before I decide.
  • Options regarding material preferences will probably be removed as they will no longer be necessary. That said there will still be options to control the device selector and disable certain devices. I have not decided on the specifics yet.
  • For those who don't like the rework, the currently existing version will remain available for download, but it will no longer be supported or updated.

No ETA. But hopefully I can finish this before I have to go back to working on DD 4.1. Unless I get bored and abandon it again.

Will it support followers?

On 17.12.2017 at 5:21 PM, valcon767 said:

sounds great

this is one of my on/off mods - if defeat is in its on, and if i am using something else for anti-death its off (because no defeat).

sounds like its going to get better and better (as time and enthusiasm permits)

Aye, sounds great and also on/off, but for different reasons. ;)

I've found this when i was searching for something lighter than DCL but still wanted some devices added from time to time and considered it perfect. :smile: