So I've been tinkering around with this mod for my own enjoyement and curiosity in the past few weeks, and I believe I was able to create a version that utilizes the latest DD and does not have the Zaz dependency anymore. Everything works good so far. Also added SLSO support so Assault events trigger correctly.

Thing is, I had to recompile pretty much everything save from one script, so I'm hesitant to share it around without the original creator's permission, and seeing as how they haven't been around for more than a year now, nor was I able to find anything solid on permissions regarding this mod.

So if anyone happens to know anything about this, I welcome any info, and then I'll try and see if I can't make this into a proper update that's worth releasing.

On 1/8/2019 at 12:55 PM, Taki17 said:

So I've been tinkering around with this mod for my own enjoyement and curiosity in the past few weeks, and I believe I was able to create a version that utilizes the latest DD and does not have the Zaz dependency anymore. Everything works good so far. Also added SLSO support so Assault events trigger correctly.

Thing is, I had to recompile pretty much everything save from one script, so I'm hesitant to share it around without the original creator's permission, and seeing as how they haven't been around for more than a year now, nor was I able to find anything solid on permissions regarding this mod.

So if anyone happens to know anything about this, I welcome any info, and then I'll try and see if I can't make this into a proper update that's worth releasing.

One page back, Princessity says this mod has been abandoned and anyone is free to pick it up to continue it:

On 1/28/2018 at 11:28 AM, Princessity said:

Oh, actually DC won't be getting updated at all. I no longer play or mod Skyrim so this mod can be considered abandoned. If anyone wishes to pick it up or incorporate it into something else, feel free to do so.

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

The armbinder / yoke is never equipped in my game even if this is the only device allowed (chances for armbinder set to 100 and for all others to 0)

If equipArmbinder
        Libs.ManipulateGenericDevice(PlayerRef, Libs.GetDeviceByTags(Libs.zad_DeviousArmbinder, tags = "armbinder", requireAll = false, tagsToSuppress = exclTags), TRUE, FALSE, TRUE)
    Endif

Libs.GetDeviceByTags doesnt deliver an armor with this settings (already found this out by myself, separating the call in 2 lines

[07/26/2019 - 07:37:56PM] Error: Cannot place a None object
stack:
    [ (00000014)].Actor.PlaceAtMe() - "<native>" Line ?
    [zadQuest (1000F624)].zadlibs.ManipulateGenericDevice() - "zadLibs.psc" Line 715
    [mslDC2MainQST (73000D62)].mslDC2FunctionsSCR.DeviousEquip() - "mslDC2FunctionsSCR.psc" Line 511
    [mslDC2MainQST (73000D62)].mslDC2FunctionsSCR.OnAssaultEnd() - "mslDC2FunctionsSCR.psc" Line 121
[07/26/2019 - 07:37:56PM] [DFW] Cleaning Nearby: 229.276993

Maybe it has something to do with Devious device integration 4.2 the last version ?

Perhaps you know the problem immediately ?

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/8/2019 at 12:55 PM, Taki17 said:

Since you know now the mod author has moved on, are you still working on this at all?

9 hours ago, Xiaron said:

Since you know now the mod author has moved on, are you still working on this at all?

I haven't touched this in months since I was busy contributing to another mod. Once that releases probably this month, I planned to revisit it.

I have this quite old version laying around, should anyone be interested to try it out. I can't promise it's bug-free or stable though.

DeviousCaptures.7z

10 hours ago, Taki17 said:

I haven't touched this in months since I was busy contributing to another mod. Once that releases probably this month, I planned to revisit it.

I have this quite old version laying around, should anyone be interested to try it out. I can't promise it's bug-free or stable though.

DeviousCaptures.7z 50.43 kB · 0 downloads

No promise needed, thank you for sharing. At the least I can help bug hunt so when you do revisit you have info on what might need tweaking. ?

• 3 weeks later...

I tested the beta and I don't recommend it.  The problem is that it registers SexLabOrgasmSeparate for OnAssaultEnd, but this event fires whenever an actor orgasms.  If you're using SLSO that can happen multiple times in a single rape.  The event also fires for both victim and aggressor and the beta script triggers OnAssaultEnd() regardless of whether it was the victim orgasming.  In one test my poor level 3 pickpocket got raped by a Thalmor Justicar who orgasmed four times and my victim orgasmed once.  The event triggered five times.

The original script registered for event OrgasmStart_DefeatPvic.  You changed it to support SLSO by listening for SexLabOrgasmSeparate events.  I believe that you want to register for the event AnimationEnding_DefeatPvic instead.  I think that SLSO should still send that event and it should only fire once per scene.

Maybe DefeatPostAssault instead?  Not sure.  I think that only fires once per total Defeat sequence which might be better.  Defeat tends to pile a lot of attackers on and a single loss can turn into quite a lot of Devious Captures assault events, and limiting it to a single item per defeat seems good...

Also, it has Robber = None, so DeviousRobbery() throws Papyrus errors:

ERROR: Cannot call GetReference() on a None object, aborting function call
stack:
    [mslDC2MainQST (9A000D62)].mslDC2FunctionsSCR.DeviousRobbery() - "mslDC2FunctionsSCR.psc" Line 278
    [mslDC2MainQST (9A000D62)].mslDC2FunctionsSCR.OnAssaultEnd() - "mslDC2FunctionsSCR.psc" Line 128
Devious Captures: Robber is: None

Figured that might be case. I just grabbed the last version I had like from 9 months before. Like I said, there was no guarantee it'll be issue-free. I ran into those same issues myself, though I thought I put up the version where I've already corrected those. Apparently not. In any case, I took own the donwload for the time being.

In the meantime, I've already revisited this project and made some further adjustments, though some test cases still need to be ran before I'm willing to make it public.

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...
On 9/6/2019 at 5:00 PM, Taki17 said:

Figured that might be case. I just grabbed the last version I had like from 9 months before. Like I said, there was no guarantee it'll be issue-free. I ran into those same issues myself, though I thought I put up the version where I've already corrected those. Apparently not. In any case, I took own the donwload for the time being.

In the meantime, I've already revisited this project and made some further adjustments, though some test cases still need to be ran before I'm willing to make it public.

Hi, have you had a chance to revisit this and am able to release a beta of this updated for testing? interested to see if it can be made to work with latest ddi updates etc

6 hours ago, Maddac said:

Hi, have you had a chance to revisit this and am able to release a beta of this updated for testing? interested to see if it can be made to work with latest ddi updates etc

I haven't touched this since, but since it also ended up being integrated into an unofficial upgrade of Defeat, that pretty much achieved the purpose I was going for anyway.

• 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I have a very persistent issue where, no matter what, captures won't equip my PC with an armbinder or yoke. Even if I set the chance of armbinder/yoke to 100% and everything else to 0%. Other devices get equipped just fine, it's just specifically armbinder/yoke that the mod refuses to equip. I've fiddled with the settings to no end..

Anyone know what's up with this? I'm on SE btw.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I don't think this was asked or answered yet, but is it possible to toggle what specific devices are available for enemies to equip? I pretty much just want to use the rope options that come with DDX, but my character is constantly getting decked out in latex and rubber.

Also, are the character's arms and stuff supposed to be actually restrained when arm-binders are on? Because my character is still able to move and fight normally even when they're equipped.

On 4/26/2021 at 3:30 AM, skydragon92 said:

I don't think this was asked or answered yet, but is it possible to toggle what specific devices are available for enemies to equip? I pretty much just want to use the rope options that come with DDX, but my character is constantly getting decked out in latex and rubber.

Devious Captures has na MCM where you can toggle OFF some item types by setting their chance to 0% (belts, bras, plugs, vaginal piercings, nipple piercings, gags, blindfolds, armbinders and/or yokes, collars, cuffs, boots, gloves and/or mittens, corsets and/or harnesses), and toggle usage of specific gags.
I believe the above works just fine, even with DD 5.1, but i didn't have a chance to test it extensively, so there could be some items that "slip through the cracks" of these settings.

Apart from that, the MCM also allows you to toggle certain styles - for example, allow only iron, leather items.
That way, you should be able to limit the selection of items, so it excludes any latex stuff.
But i do not know if it really works, or if it works with DD 5.1 - i am not saying it may not work, just that i simply do not know as i always kept everything allowed.

In any case, if you only want to allow one specific type of bindings, then i don't think you can do that with the aforementioned options - no matter how much you limit the pool of allowed items, there will always be several types of bindings allowed.

But it is worth trying (unless you already did that - i mean, the MCM is pretty hard to miss, so you must know about it, right?)

On 4/26/2021 at 3:30 AM, skydragon92 said:

Also, are the character's arms and stuff supposed to be actually restrained when arm-binders are on? Because my character is still able to move and fight normally even when they're equipped.

Yes, they are supposed to restrain your character (or your follower, or any other NPC), placing the hands behind back into the armbinder.
Fighting may be an option only if you have the "Bound Combat" enabled in DD, in which case you can do some kicking, but you still cannot use your hands.
So, if you are still able to fight or walk as usual, it suggests Devious Devices is not working as it should.
Make sure you installed it correctly with all requirements, and do not forget to run the FNIS for Users.

8 hours ago, Roggvir said:

Devious Captures has na MCM where you can toggle OFF some item types by setting their chance to 0% (belts, bras, plugs, vaginal piercings, nipple piercings, gags, blindfolds, armbinders and/or yokes, collars, cuffs, boots, gloves and/or mittens, corsets and/or harnesses), and toggle usage of specific gags.
I believe the above works just fine, even with DD 5.1, but i didn't have a chance to test it extensively, so there could be some items that "slip through the cracks" of these settings.

Apart from that, the MCM also allows you to toggle certain styles - for example, allow only iron, leather items.
That way, you should be able to limit the selection of items, so it excludes any latex stuff.
But i do not know if it really works, or if it works with DD 5.1 - i am not saying it may not work, just that i simply do not know as i always kept everything allowed.

In any case, if you only want to allow one specific type of bindings, then i don't think you can do that with the aforementioned options - no matter how much you limit the pool of allowed items, there will always be several types of bindings allowed.

But it is worth trying (unless you already did that - i mean, the MCM is pretty hard to miss, so you must know about it, right?)

Yes, they are supposed to restrain your character (or your follower, or any other NPC), placing the hands behind back into the armbinder.
Fighting may be an option only if you have the "Bound Combat" enabled in DD, in which case you can do some kicking, but you still cannot use your hands.
So, if you are still able to fight or walk as usual, it suggests Devious Devices is not working as it should.
Make sure you installed it correctly with all requirements, and do not forget to run the FNIS for Users.

Yeah, I poked around in the MCM already and fussed with those options a bit. I'll also take a look at DD. Thanks for the tips.

• 7 months later...

Anybody here ?

Opposite to description page i get mittens and no gloves. i wish i would get gloves and no mittens.

When defeat is finished and pc should stood up and go, the keyboard is closed. cant do anything. maybe some devices should come but dont come keeping everything frozen.deinstalling this mod solves the problem. so it is not from defeat itself.

would be nice if someone appears here and has some experience with that.