Okay, Something strange just happened, I cant get Devious Captures and Devious Devices mcm menu working at the same time. MCM shows both in the menus, but only one of them will have actual configs, only one of them. If devious captures config is working, then Devious Devices config will be gone and vice versa. I have no idea what is wrong.

RookieKing: If you type "setstage ski_ConfigManagerInstance 1" in console that should help you.

I haven't been getting this to work once, does this mod conflict with Sex Lab Submit?

Yes! ^^ It's made only for Defeat, it only recognises Defeat's triggers. Defeat is listed in requirements and description talks only about Defeat too.

Submit isn't supported but Submit already has it's own Devious Devices addon and it was updated a few days ago so you could try that instead.

How do I get the Face harness and gag off, I can't talk to anyone and I have spent 3 hrs of Picking lock, casting spell and brute force on it. I can't interact with anyone at all. Help plz

I was testing this mod last night and ran into the same thing. I can smith keys but because I was gagged I couldn't buy the materials to make the key, so maybe an idea to set it to 0% in the MCM.

It's a great mod and it would be an interesting addition if the attackers took some of your stuff (not quest items obviously) as well, after all bandits have to make a living as well :)

Ohhh, I forgot. I think I put conditions preventing devices from being equipped if you're already wearing the same kind of devices but harness counts as belt and collar too. Thanksies Aelie, I'll remember to fix it somedayish ^^

mantronix: if you have Devious Devices For The Masses you can set random npcs to drop keys as loot sometimes. I think it's best to play this mod together with masses because yah the randomness can sometimes make things very difficult for you ^^ If you really want to remove the gag and not have to kill lots of bandits for it type "help restraints key" (or similar, you may need to experiment because i don't remember exactly) and one of the keys listed should be able to unlock gags.

How do I get the Face harness and gag off, I can't talk to anyone and I have spent 3 hrs of Picking lock, casting spell and brute force on it. I can't interact with anyone at all. Help plz

I was testing this mod last night and ran into the same thing. I can smith keys but because I was gagged I couldn't buy the materials to make the key, so maybe an idea to set it to 0% in the MCM.

It's a great mod and it would be an interesting addition if the attackers took some of your stuff (not quest items obviously) as well, after all bandits have to make a living as well :)

Use devious devices for the masses to put keys on bandits and such. Alternatively, lower the difficulty of removing a device, add a mod to let you craft lockpicks, or something like that. Or, use gags+ which lets you talk to people if you have a roll of paper and a quill in your inventory.

I would like it if captures came with an option to automatically put a key in the inventory of the person who put the device on you though.

Use devious devices for the masses to put keys on bandits and such. Alternatively, lower the difficulty of removing a device, add a mod to let you craft lockpicks, or something like that. Or, use gags+ which lets you talk to people if you have a roll of paper and a quill in your inventory.

I would like it if captures came with an option to automatically put a key in the inventory of the person who put the device on you though.

Well... let's not make it too easy to escape :)

I don't know how easy it would be to code, but maybe when a device is fitted the equivalent piece of armour (or weapon) is stolen. This shouldn't necessarily be recoverable, you got mugged and the buggers nicked your stuff, so tough luck.

"Devious Devices - For The Masses" mod adds a chance of keys spawning on random NPCs and in containers ^^ Personally I have it running with chances of all devices disabled and only keys set to 6% psawn chance and I think keys drop often enough to make up for the default Captures equip chances but not so often that you can just shrug it off. (Assuming you have keys set to "destructible" in Integration's MCM)

And Integration also lets you craft keys yourself (with expensive materials) if you started the "Forbidden Tome" quest included with it.

Captures doesn't and won't add any keys to captors. The whole purpose of this mod is to add lasting and negative consequences to Defeat, not give player free items that can be taken off a minute later ^^

"Devious Devices - For The Masses" mod adds a chance of keys spawning on random NPCs and in containers ^^ Personally I have it running with chances of all devices disabled and only keys set to 6% psawn chance and I think keys drop often enough to make up for the default Captures equip chances but not so often that you can just shrug it off. (Assuming you have keys set to "destructible" in Integration's MCM)

And Integration also lets you craft keys yourself (with expensive materials) if you started the "Forbidden Tome" quest included with it.

Captures doesn't and won't add any keys to captors. The whole purpose of this mod is to add lasting and negative consequences to Defeat, not give player free items that can be taken off a minute later ^^

Srende's added a deliciously evil twist to Deviously Helpless, if you get caught wearing this stuff the captors pinch all your keys. Your mod and Srende's work beautifully together that way :) 

SURPRISE! Or like not. I guess not, I promised to update when DD 2.7.2 would come out ^^

• Anyways Min was nice enough to update the Integration library so it made it possible for me to add the buttholeholebelt to the list of possible belts that player may end up with and instead of a plug set player will now get one random vaginal and one random anal plug.
  • Alsoooo I made it so player won't get any items unless they're eligible for equipping. So that means if you're wearing a belt the bandits who caught you won't try to fit a harness or plugs over it. This is to prevent redundant items from being added to player's inventory.
  • And lastlishly I read the requests to add keys to player's assailants and I thought about it for a second and I forgot what I was thinking about so I did the total opposite instead n_n

So now before your captors start putting devices on you they will first search you for any keys you may have and steal them! You can recover them once you kill or pickpocket the robber. Or they may be lost forever if you take too long depending on how often your game respawns enemies.

And ohhh I just discovered that instead of having to rebuild my bsa archive from scratch every time the default skyrim archiver can update modified assets on its own! All I need to do is like load the archive and save it again and it will pack the updated files. Why haven't I known about this before! XD I feel so stuuuuuupid now!

Thank you Coop ^^

Oooh and i should probably mention that this version is totally untested. I didn't feel like testing it because all the things I did were tiny and routine code changes that only someone really distracted and I don't know anyone like that and I'm so sure nobody like that is developing this mod could mess up.

So if anyone is trying it out now I'd love if you could tell me if all the update features are working as advertised.

• 2 weeks later...

I was planning to do that at first but not anymore because a huge Defeat update is going to come out soonish and I will need to redo this mod to work with the new system. After that I may or may not add more features but right now I'm still not sure what the next Captures is going to look like soooo working on any extras now is a little pointless because I'll probably have to remove them or rewrite them in the next version anyways

Unless I announce that some version is incompatible you can assume it's compatible ^^ Requirements list only the minimum required version. In some cases (like with Defeat) future versions may not be compatible and require an update from me but Devious Devices tries to maintain backwards compatibility so that means it's usually safe to use the newest version of it.