[CLOSED] Project C.I.T.R.U.S. - Old WIP thread

blabba

Ask and ye shall receive...

I'm having very, very odd breast scaling issues.  Without touching the normal breast slider, the scaling tends to be heavily weighted on the right breast.  In other words if I bring the breast scale or fullness or sag up to the same level for both breasts, the right breast always seems to be fifty percent bigger.  To test it, I brought the breast slider all the way down to 0 and then started playing with the sliders but while you can see some change on the breast as if its trying to move, with the breast slider down, the breast scale will not work at all.

Also, I'm getting terrible hand and foot seams but I think that's what you meant in the changelog.

Also?  Feed her a sammich!

I'll double check my weightings for the left and right breast scales they should be pretty even.

As for seams, you really shouldn't be seeing any 0.o the changelog mentions they were fixed not that their on my to-do list lol

And yes, I'm still working on morphs! Though first batch of those in conjunction with bodyslide should be out relatively soonish

If you could take pics of the scaling issue and the seam issue it'd help me out a lot. (And please let the pictures be in bright areas!)

I can't upload yet but I stuck them in an album...

http://s6.photobucket.com/user/Infernal2/library/CITRUS

Maybe its something I did.  Totally possible. 

Well, what I did was open up the meshes in 3ds - cause I've been waiting to take a look at this for a while.  Since the great computer crash of '14 (wherein I lost my whole mod) I've been tinkering and learning so that I might do a better job with the next version.  And I've been hoping to release it as an "all from scratch mod for the new Citrus body."

Of course the new Alpha looks completely different than the previous Beta.  Obviously much slimmer, but others have already commented on that.  But then I started to notice little things that looked, well, odd.

#1 - should the 100 weight breasts look well exactly the same size as the 0 weight version?  I know that this is meant for bodysliding other armor sets around, but if someone were to make something from scratch, the two weight sets are so close as to be essentially the same.  Or did I miss something?  See the following, 0 weight on left, 100 on right:

Sx_S1.jpg

#2 - as for the seams that others are mentioning, I think the problem can be seen here in these two images.  As before, the 0 weight is on the left and the 100 weight is on the right.  The first image shows the wrists, and the second image shows the ankles. 

image 1 - wrists

Sx_S2.jpg 

image 2 - ankles

Sx_S3.jpg 

While not as "explodey" (that's a technical term) as in the previous poster's image, I'm seeing a pronounced ring of what appear to be misplaced vertices in both weights.  It's especially noticeable in the 100 weight variant.  They may not be misplaced, but they sure do look odd anyway.

Well, what I did was open up the meshes in 3ds - cause I've been waiting to take a look at this for a while.  Since the great computer crash of '14 (wherein I lost my whole mod) I've been tinkering and learning so that I might do a better job with the next version.  And I've been hoping to release it as an "all from scratch mod for the new Citrus body."

Of course the new Alpha looks completely different than the previous Beta.  Obviously much slimmer, but others have already commented on that.  But then I started to notice little things that looked, well, odd.

#1 - should the 100 weight breasts look well exactly the same size as the 0 weight version?  I know that this is meant for bodysliding other armor sets around, but if someone were to make something from scratch, the two weight sets are so close as to be essentially the same.  Or did I miss something?  See the following, 0 weight on left, 100 on right:

#2 - as for the seams that others are mentioning, I think the problem can be seen here in these two images.  As before, the 0 weight is on the left and the 100 weight is on the right.  The first image shows the wrists, and the second image shows the ankles. 

While not as "explodey" (that's a technical term) as in the previous poster's image, I'm seeing a pronounced ring of what appear to be misplaced vertices in both weights.  It's especially noticeable in the 100 weight variant.  They may not be misplaced, but they sure do look odd anyway.

1. Nope, your right their the same files. The high and low weight variants will be completely dictated by bodyslide morphs. (Still working on, hopefully soonish I will have a few of them out). If someone wants to make armour or anything for citrus from scratch, they just need to conform to the baseshape in the alpha, and let the bodyslide/OS/My forthcoming maxscript to make the morphs that allow users to customize it themselves.

Should be noted the above alpha baseshape is set in stone, I'm literally not changing it anymore as doing so would require me to completely reset a vast amount of work I have already done (Why v3 was never released). Now that it's symmetrical even OCD people shouldn't have a problem with this lol.

2. Ahh yea seams.... They were put in those awkward positions because I need to match them to UNP style seams. And unfortunately CITRUS topology and UNP topology just isn't the same. I guess when I get time I can 'properly' do them again in mudbox later to make the transitions smoother. However the awkward vertices their have to stay to match UNP seams. Unless people are willing to compromise and let me come up with my own smoother seams (because you know, more vertices on the edges than any other body) that wouldn't match existing putfits with gauntlets and boots.

2. Ahh yea seams.... They were put in those awkward positions because I need to match them to UNP style seams. And unfortunately CITRUS topology and UNP topology just isn't the same. I guess when I get time I can 'properly' do them again in mudbox later to make the transitions smoother. However the awkward vertices their have to stay to match UNP seams. Unless people are willing to compromise and let me come up with my own smoother seams (because you know, more vertices on the edges than any other body) that wouldn't match existing putfits with gauntlets and boots.

Well, that will make a couple of the items I was making, a little odd, but I'll manage.  I'd finally gotten pretty good with the garment maker tool for "shrinkwrapping" things in place - like certain kinds of bracers, leggings, panties, and whatnot.  Shrinking items into place around the wrists and ankles might make for some unusual shapes - but I think a bit of smoothing on the shell modifier might compensate for it.  I'll have to play with it and see how things turn out.

The harder part is going to be re-visualizing this particular mod on a much more slender frame.  While it makes it MUCH, MUCH easier to build (you have no idea how much easier it will be - I was having nightmares curving straps around the beta-version's larger breasts), the images I am working from have two particularly busty females used as models.  They happened to match up with the beta pretty nicely - so at least I knew where the straps went - even if my path deformation skills were somewhat lacking in application.

Thanks for the info/update.  I'm off to learn more about FFD and applying it to a helix.

Blabba you might try this: customizable camera http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/37347/?

There's a placement mode that only orbits the target... similar to animcam, but that zoom is limited, not vertical. In that mode you can place the camera anywhere along the players Z. so for the calves, you could do it minus "a lot" to center on the calves. 

I suggest it because I couldn't tell what you were trying to show in the gif.

How could this mod go back to alpha when it was in beta already? :ph34r:

Its in Alpha 4, which is 2 steps beyond Beta 2....

Once Blabba has the sliders set up to work with The femalebody_1.nif from Alpha 4, he will then put out a Beta 4.

Alpha 4 Brings a couple of new things to the table.

A working set of hands, a new set of bones (along with an xml file to make them work) and the new base shape Blabba is going to start with.

I've been bugging him on the irc line about sliders, and what not yesterday and today (somehow everyone drop'd from chat a bit ago and I wasn't paying attention).... He's working on it... just give it time.

Oh and the new bones are cool as hell!!!

How could this mod go back to alpha when it was in beta already? :ph34r:

What Alpha? Where?

No alpha's here  :ph34r:

Updated citrus with a custom edited version of bodyslide with small amount of morphs available

If upgrading from the alpha, uninstall it and download the beta package.

Optionally you may download the CITRUS Slide package and install it as well if you wish to experiment with morphs

Blabba, gotta say man, those wrist and ankle seams look much better now.  Much smoother and less "explodey" (staying with that technical term).  Very nice job.  You got rid of the flaring effect I think I was seeing as well.  This will be a lot easier to shrink wrap around.

I still have to fix the actual hands themselves.

Their skinning can be improved as well as the area where the fingers are still maintain unsmoothed joints.

Though I'll get to that after finishing body morphs and start working on citrus hand/feet morphs lol.

I believe I fixed the Nipple UV (well I did to the best of my ability).

All I can say is UV's suck balls

Anyway read changelog for update details.

Also, a PSA:

SKSE 1.7.2 is out

LOOT also updated

I suggest you guys check 'em out!

Also, a PSA:

SKSE 1.7.2 is out

LOOT also updated

Damn you Blaba, i installed skse 1.7.2 and now my perfect collisions fx gone, rollback didn't help.Do you test before point to updates ?  

Dont know what to do now ((

Also, a PSA:

SKSE 1.7.2 is out

LOOT also updated

Damn you Blaba, i installed skse 1.7.2 and now my perfect collisions fx gone, rollback didn't help.Do you test before point to updates ?  

Well, if reverting doesn't help, it's obviously not SKSE's fault. ;)

It might be helpful to have some screenshots in the first post so people have an idea of what this looks like.

Also, the few videos/images I've seen by digging through the recent pages (e.g. this)... is that really the base shape? Because the proportions look rather deformed.

1.7.2 is going to be required by RM3, SexLab and PapyrusUtils eventually.

Also, updating SKSE cannot possibly have ANY effect on how Hydro's plugin works. None of the SKSE updates changed anything that Hydro's plugin uses.

If your collisions are off it's because of something else directly related to hydro's plugin or xml.

It might be helpful to have some screenshots in the first post so people have an idea of what this looks like.

Also, the few videos/images I've seen by digging through the recent pages (e.g. this)... is that really the base shape? Because the proportions look rather deformed.

Yes that is the baseshape. I didn't make it with the intention of it being pleasing to the eye.

I made it with the intention of being able to easily convert armours and make it easier for outfitters to make content.

As explained before, reducing the overall mesh volume to be lower than what basically every other body and armour has, guarantees that modders can retain the shape of the outfit mesh easily and bump up poly/vertex count for sliders that would deform the mesh too much.

Yes that is the baseshape. I didn't make it with the intention of it being pleasing to the eye.

I made it with the intention of being able to easily convert armours and make it easier for outfitters to make content.

As explained before, reducing the overall mesh volume to be lower than what basically every other body and armour has, guarantees that modders can retain the shape of the outfit mesh easily and bump up poly/vertex count for sliders that would deform the mesh too much.

I see. Thanks for the clarification. The first post was never quite enough for me to figure out what CITRUS was about (aside from a new high poly body) and I don't regularly follow this thread.

Since CITRUS's base shape is not meant for gameplay, is the expectation that people will primarily be using presets to match the CITRUS body mesh to existing body shapes (e.g. CBBE, UNP, 7B) ?

No the point of CITRUS is for players to download CITRUS Slide (Basically an edited version of Bodyslide) tweak sliders to their content to get a body setting they want.

The sliders for CITRUS will be based off of other body mods shapes but will not be perfect matches for any number of reasons. So if you want EXACTLY 7base/UNPB/UNP etc... you might as well just download and use those bodies. But if your okay with tweaking things and wanting some variations etc... then this is geared towards you.

There will be conversion sliders available for people to convert outfits as well in a later date.

This question keeps getting asked, and I keep getting tired of answering it so I've added it to OP for newcomers.

No the point of CITRUS is for players to download CITRUS Slide (Basically an edited version of Bodyslide) tweak sliders to their content to get a body setting they want.

The sliders for CITRUS will be based off of other body mods shapes but will not be perfect matches for any number of reasons. So if you want EXACTLY 7base/UNPB/UNP etc... you might as well just download and use those bodies. But if your okay with tweaking things and wanting some variations etc... then this is geared towards you.

There will be conversion sliders available for people to convert outfits as well in a later date.

This question keeps getting asked, and I keep getting tired of answering it so I've added it to OP for newcomers.

This is exactly the type of thing I was looking for many moons ago (chatting with Blabba no less).  I'm a big fan of the Dream Girl base shape for example, but I've always had a problem with both the UNP and earlier CBBE bodies for their oddly curved spinal shapes ("spine" not skeleton - specifically kyphosis and lordosis issues).  Most of these are pretty easily fixable with some tweaks to the sliders in the right places - assuming those sliders exist in the right places.  This kind of body is the way for me to take what I love and make it that much better.

Plus, I can then build an armor mod I'd want to see, wrap it around this body, and viola it'll work for anyone (assuming I did a halfway decent job and the thing isn't too bloody complicated).

Archived