[CLOSED] Project C.I.T.R.U.S. - Old WIP thread

blabba

Anybody know of a good animation that easily shows deformations for shoulders legs and torso?

It can be a vanilla/SexLab or modded animation.

Preferably one that screws up on most body's

I'm trying to implement skinning fixes but I dunno what animation I should use as a reference.

Estrus is pretty deform happy, especially around the upper chest to arm parts, machine version (3rd animation shout) is also leg happy iirc.

Vanilla's dragon kill moves could be up your alley (mounting head, etc).

Standard Sexlab, no idea, but any cowgirl-like animation tends to have that nasty butt stretch in badly rigged/low poly models, so that might be a point as well.

I know this is a bit late to say something, but I was waiting and hoping this would grow into something more.  I love the HDT body, I use it all the time and appreciate blabbas efforts.  But, I don't get how the HDT body was dropped some time ago and this project is still in beta.  Plus I'm kind of confused about the CITRIS body.  It seems to be geared towards UNP, while the goal with the HDT body was for one common body.  I gather the common body has failed?  Any plans to make a slider for the HDT body?  Or for the popular CBBE 3.3 HDT body?  Bodies are one thing, but it is cold in Skyrim and I prefer to have clothing to put on them :)  

It's still in beta because this project is a huge undertaking, and because of RL issues, I don't get as much time actively modding these days.

I'm still working on beta 3 and coming up with new ideas and ways to make it better and faster, but unfortunately these things take a great deal of time.

Throw in that I also need to spend some time asking for support from others as well.

CITRUS is more about customizing your own body to make it the way you want. It's also partly about giving people morphs to transfer armour from 1 to another (though this is not it's primary purpose, more like a cool little side effect)

HDT body is dead, because simply put I'm limited there, whereas here the limits are near endless. (Which has also caused me to start over doing things again because I mess up, and working with morphs mean if you fuck up 1 you probably fucked up all of them and need to re-do it all)

Bummer since I liked the HDT Body, can someone else pick it up?  The limitations created a standard that clothes could be fit to.  Clothes were starting to be converted and coming out for it and then it died :(  I'm more interested in a easy platform for clothing that supports TPSB, rock hard abs everywhere are not very realistic.  As a trend everytime I see something converted to HDT I want it!  Full body physics will exist someday, where everything moves like a normal person.  It seems close today and the HDT body was a step in the right direction.  Nexus clothes are starting to support HDT TBBP, which is shame since they could be TPSB/your HDT if there was an option.  

CITRIS seems to be changing a lot and not ready for clothing conversions.  Once its ready though we can take UNP clothes and convert them to our personal body.   I would like to see a CBBE v3.3 morph since most of the clothing I like is in CBBE.  I appreciate the effort this takes, you are biting off more than you can chew maybe :)  If the clothing morph is at all complicated not too many people will ever do it, the average user is at the Nexus level (or lower).  They are finally starting to warm to bodyslide.  

Looking to the future is where bodies should be, the next version of Skyrim will be out in a few years.  The next standard body will have more options as computers and physics continues to improve.  Your proposing everyone has custom bodies and morphs clothing to fit whatever the body is, but there will still be a common body.  Letting Bethesda pick that body will be limiting, so someone will have to make a new HDT capable body and the struggle will continue.  So could you make morphs from any body to the CITRIS custom one?  This seems to flip the process upside down :)  As human beings we go to the store and buy sizes and we make assumptions about our body shape.  We fit the clothes to the body, not vice versa!  I am intrigued by CITRIS and appreciate all of your work, but I am not sure you should have given up the body battle.         

Full body physics is never going to happen in skyrim.

Not even the new Bullet physics plugin Hydrogen is writing contains softbody physics support.

And due to engine limitations modder's are still constrained to 4 bone influences per vertex. So the only real way to get soft body physics dynamics in would be on a per vertex basis which would kill FPS.

I care not for Outfit Studio conversions, which is why I have written, and am still improving my own 3dsmax script to make the conversioning process faster and easier.

I figured if I'm going to make a proper body for skyrim, then I'll have to do it from the very start keeping in mind of important stuff like proper weighting, topology, UV's etc...

Hell, I even fixed heads and their morphs. Going this route is supremely time consuming, but my reward is going to be knowing that I put out something that is quality.

The reason why CITRUS is delayed and taking time is also because in part due to my own growing understanding of future problems or issues that I can squash right now if things are done 'properly'.

You should be try to launch a official "basic" version, that will help you for have feedbacks.

And after make some updates like patching correction or new sliders.

If you need help, don't be shy, just ask, a lot people will give you a hand  for realize your project.

• 2 weeks later...

New Weighting system being developed currently:

1. New Weighted Scaling bones: NPC L/R ScaleBreast and NPC L/R ScaleButt - New weights are optimized solely for scaling in-game via mods or RM. They also partially help out with animation blending. The reason for new scaling bones is because a common problem (at least for me) is that armours sometime don't come with Breast weighting because it's made out of 'metal' and the author thinks it shouldn't be jiggling via HDT. This also brought about the problem that armours wouldn't scale along with mods like SexLab Hormones or RM XPMSE add-on. Well now they'll still be able to scale correctly and retain custom weighting for breast jiggling.

2. Adding weighted thigh HDT bones (Basically an idea from my Project FLESH thread I started way back, but never finished....) Idea is to create somewhat decent thigh jiggle. Though I doubt I'll have the time or energy to really find the best havok physics values, I'll share an hdt xml that people with more time and willingness can hopefully tweak to perfection. If it gets really good looking you can probably see some cool effects with armours.

3. Due to Phygnos badgering me, I reset the basemorph to be perfectly symmetrical. Nobody really is going to notice other than another modder though. I may or may not symmetrify morphs, If I do, that will take a really long time as it's a time-consuming task. Also, I need to fix every single seam (again)

4. I still need UV fixes, It's a UNP based UV map but currently the tits aren't centered and neither is the belly button. Hopefully Jacques00 finishes them whenever he gets time, as my attempts at high poly projections didn't yield satisfactory results :(

5. I fixed hand and feet nail issues and they show up nicely now. If I get time maybe I'll make a RM add-on to allow you to change nail colours.

6. I still gotta finish Vagina HDT system, but this will be the very last thing I do as I have to setup my game for testing.

I'll release a basic version without morphs by next week if Groovtama can update his skeleton for me ^^

I really want to finish this mod before New Years, but we'll see.

After reading the description and FAQs I vaguely understand what this mod is about. 

Is this some kind of universal bodyslider to cover for all kinds of bodies? So it will include all kinds of bodies like CBBE, HDT body, UNP, and others?

1. New Weighted Scaling bones: NPC L/R ScaleBreast and NPC L/R ScaleButt - New weights are optimized solely for scaling in-game via mods or RM. They also partially help out with animation blending. The reason for new scaling bones is because a common problem (at least for me) is that armours sometime don't come with Breast weighting because it's made out of 'metal' and the author thinks it shouldn't be jiggling via HDT. This also brought about the problem that armours wouldn't scale along with mods like SexLab Hormones or RM XPMSE add-on. Well now they'll still be able to scale correctly and retain custom weighting for breast jiggling.

2. Adding weighted thigh HDT bones (Basically an idea from my Project FLESH thread I started way back, but never finished....) Idea is to create somewhat decent thigh jiggle. Though I doubt I'll have the time or energy to really find the best havok physics values, I'll share an hdt xml that people with more time and willingness can hopefully tweak to perfection. If it gets really good looking you can probably see some cool effects with armours.

3. Due to Phygnos badgering me, I reset the basemorph to be perfectly symmetrical. Nobody really is going to notice other than another modder though. I may or may not symmetrify morphs, If I do, that will take a really long time as it's a time-consuming task. Also, I need to fix every single seam (again)

4. I still need UV fixes, It's a UNP based UV map but currently the tits aren't centered and neither is the belly button. Hopefully Jacques00 finishes them whenever he gets time, as my attempts at high poly projections didn't yield satisfactory results :(

5. I fixed hand and feet nail issues and they show up nicely now. If I get time maybe I'll make a RM add-on to allow you to change nail colours.

6. I still gotta finish Vagina HDT system, but this will be the very last thing I do as I have to setup my game for testing.

I'll release a basic version without morphs by next week if Groovtama can update his skeleton for me ^^

m8 just take your time. I don't want you to do a rushed job. you are just one person after all.

I'm also kind of confused as to what exactly the mod is.  I understand it's a new body, but the integration involving all different meshes of other bodies is kind of throwing me off.

Is the effort attempting to allow for other meshes like existing clothing to be universally-compatible with this body regardless of the type is was originally created for?  I understand textures being weird was described earlier.

If that's the case, awesome!  If not, I'd like to ask what the mod is really trying to do - is it simply just the creation of a better body with the intention of it being so good that everyone will support it - or exactly what's the goal in mind if it isn't?  There's certainly a lot of jargon in this thread (although I love the frequent/detailed updates even if I don't understand all of them) and admittedly I haven't been watching it with a keen eye, but I'd like to know what to expect on release and if that would be the motivation I need to transfer everything from NMM to MO :P

I'm also kind of confused as to what exactly the mod is.  I understand it's a new body, but the integration involving all different meshes of other bodies is kind of throwing me off.

Is the effort attempting to allow for other meshes like existing clothing to be universally-compatible with this body regardless of the type is was originally created for?  I understand textures being weird was described earlier.

If that's the case, awesome!  If not, I'd like to ask what the mod is really trying to do - is it simply just the creation of a better body with the intention of it being so good that everyone will support it - or exactly what's the goal in mind if it isn't?  There's certainly a lot of jargon in this thread (although I love the frequent/detailed updates even if I don't understand all of them) and admittedly I haven't been watching it with a keen eye, but I'd like to know what to expect on release and if that would be the motivation I need to transfer everything from NMM to MO :P

I should Update my OP xD

Basically on release what this will contain:

1. A full new body with Optimized weights for HDT, New Hand Meshes w/ nails, New Feet meshes w/nails and toe bones to animate

2. A set of customizeable morphs to use within bodyslide to create almost any shape you want.

3. A set of transform sliders so that you can universally convert from any existing body type to this new body type (Think Outfit Studio Conversion References).

4. A Dynamic Vagina (Might take awhile, and no this isn't going to look as good as you might think it will, but hey it'll work)

5. New Higher Poly Head (Well this is done and is a seperate standalone mod lol)

6. 3dsMax Scripts for easy conversioning of outfits, allowing you to increase poly's of armours to keep them bodyslideable and still looking good.

Switching from NMM to MO is always a good idea, especially if you notice bugs going on in your game or want to install any of the other awesome mods out there or will be coming out. Otherwise, if your game is setup just fine leave it as is and don't touch it, and when you crash and need to re-install just switch to MO then (That's what I did lol)

I plan on starting a big armour overhaul as well to match citrus when it gets done. But that's for later.

For now in a nutshell it's more like a hope that it'll be a new useable body that lots of people will like. Well even if it doesn't at least I'll like it and support it as long as I can lol.

Cool 3 weeks free time when I guess you sidetrack 2 weeks again...

And why 2...

Archived