So the necklace of Devine Intervention is actually a Vanilla Item, wow.

I seem to remember it showing up in the game over a year ago and figured it must have been a mod, never used it either.

The model of the necklace is vanilla, it's the Jeweled Amulet / Amulet of the Elder Council... but the divine intervention enchantment/spell comes from DAYMOYL.

I seem to remember it showing up in the game over a year ago and figured it must have been a mod, never used it either.

The model of the necklace is vanilla, it's the Jeweled Amulet / Amulet of the Elder Council... but the divine intervention enchantment/spell comes from DAYMOYL.

Thought it came from the dragonborn DLC. 

Thought it came from the dragonborn DLC. 

As far as I know, there's no divine intervention spell in Dragonborn. I'm pretty sure I would have spotted it, but hey, I've missed stuff like that before. :)

But no, in this particular case, the amulet (and spell) I'm talking about does come from Death Alternative.

So that's not a feature then?

well, it can be. whattya all think? should you go into slavery after praying to a goddess?

I like the idea of this, but Mara really isn't the whimsical type. You could put in a 'fake' DI necklace courtesy of Sheogorath... He's always up for a bit of a joke at your expense...

well, it can be. whattya all think? should you go into slavery after praying to a goddess?

I like the idea of this, but Mara really isn't the whimsical type. You could put in a 'fake' DI necklace courtesy of Sheogorath... He's always up for a bit of a joke at your expense...

I like it!

I like it!

agreed, but who's sheogorath, i know sanguine is all for it

I like it!

agreed, but who's sheogorath, i know sanguine is all for it

I could actually see either of them doing something like that. But...

I dunno, it just seems like Sanguine is overused. Granted, he's a perfect fit for a lot of stuff here on LL, but there are other Daedric Princes, ya know?

Which reminds me... I should get back to working on my Vaermina mod...

I dunno, it just seems like Sanguine is overused. Granted, he's a perfect fit for a lot of stuff here on LL, but there are other Daedric Princes, ya know?

Most of the Daedra love pestering mortals to some extent... Sanguine has a purpose usually, Sheogorath... Not so much.  He's just in it for the giggles...

ran across this strange npc on my way out of windhelm

she seems to not do much and what little dialog she had wouldn't finish the sentence when asked

just wondering who she is and if she ha some greater purpose in mind

Oh my gods, she escaped!

Damn NPCs, not staying where they're put...

she seems to not do much and what little dialog she had wouldn't finish the sentence when asked

Congrats, you've found a cameo appearance. That's a CoCo reference if you are wondering.

Hello again, I did a fresh install (of Skyrim and most mods) and found I'm getting an issue where I get stuck in the floor.  I notice that a similar issue says it is fixed on the front page, so I'm hesitant to ask, but is there something I can do to stop this?  It completely stops the game when it happens, as the character kind of flops around trying to do the 'stand up' animation before simply seeming to give up on life and lay there, half inside the floor, neck twisted at an extreme angle, soulless eyes wishing for death and sometimes with an arm upraised as if to reach out for some unseen benefactor/tormentor.

actually i've experienced that this runn once too, forgot bout that, tried sd's options of pray and resist, gets me some place else after my prayer answered, but still stuck on the floor, i would try installing older ss and see if that helps (never had this happen previos version)

I wouldn't try an older version. Does this happen every time, or did it just happen once?

Sorry for the late reply.  Lots of storms.  Crappy internet.  Terrible bother.

In any case, it seems to have happened every time.  I even specifically allowed my character to black out many times at different locations (always bandits) so that I could see if it happened more than once.  Interestingly, I went ahead and coc'd to the market one time just to see if I could move there at all, and I could (though of course you start there in the auction standing...place).  After that it wouldn't put me in the floor or anything when I blacked out, it would just immediately transport me there, standing, with all my equipment (and not in the cage).  Honestly that works for me if it's all the same to anyone else, but I'm still interested in how to make it work correctly.  If not, I'll take what I can get.  I think I've said before that I think this is a pretty great mod in general.

Congrats, you've found a cameo appearance. That's a CoCo reference if you are wondering.

She has more dialogue if you have found alduin's wall. Some day I'll add more, too.

Hello again, I did a fresh install (of Skyrim and most mods) and found I'm getting an issue where I get stuck in the floor. I notice that a similar issue says it is fixed on the front page, so I'm hesitant to ask, but is there something I can do to stop this? It completely stops the game when it happens, as the character kind of flops around trying to do the 'stand up' animation before simply seeming to give up on life and lay there, half inside the floor, neck twisted at an extreme angle, soulless eyes wishing for death and sometimes with an arm upraised as if to reach out for some unseen benefactor/tormentor.

actually i've experienced that this runn once too, forgot bout that, tried sd's options of pray and resist, gets me some place else after my prayer answered, but still stuck on the floor, i would try installing older ss and see if that helps (never had this happen previos version)

I wouldn't try an older version. Does this happen every time, or did it just happen once?

Sorry for the late reply. Lots of storms. Crappy internet. Terrible bother.

In any case, it seems to have happened every time. I even specifically allowed my character to black out many times at different locations (always bandits) so that I could see if it happened more than once. Interestingly, I went ahead and coc'd to the market one time just to see if I could move there at all, and I could (though of course you start there in the auction standing...place). After that it wouldn't put me in the floor or anything when I blacked out, it would just immediately transport me there, standing, with all my equipment (and not in the cage). Honestly that works for me if it's all the same to anyone else, but I'm still interested in how to make it work correctly. If not, I'll take what I can get. I think I've said before that I think this is a pretty great mod in general.

maybe it's a Death Alternative issue. Perhaps confirm you have the latest version of that, as well, and try setting it to bleedout only, not ragdoll.

I dunno, it just seems like Sanguine is overused. Granted, he's a perfect fit for a lot of stuff here on LL, but there are other Daedric Princes, ya know?

Most of the Daedra love pestering mortals to some extent... Sanguine has a purpose usually, Sheogorath... Not so much. He's just in it for the giggles...

If it's from a mod, I don't think I'd have the ability to change anything. Ah well...

I dunno, it just seems like Sanguine is overused. Granted, he's a perfect fit for a lot of stuff here on LL, but there are other Daedric Princes, ya know?

Most of the Daedra love pestering mortals to some extent... Sanguine has a purpose usually, Sheogorath... Not so much. He's just in it for the giggles...

If it's from a mod, I don't think I'd have the ability to change anything. Ah well...

Do you mean the divine intervention sending you to the slave market? Kana Red fixed that... it was essentially flagged as a temple, he swapped the location. The patch is up a few posts back.

EDIT: This post

Do you mean the divine intervention sending you to the slave market? Kana Red fixed that... it was essentially flagged as a temple, he swapped the location. The patch is up a few posts back.

No, I mean I wouldn't be able to create a scenario wherein some other Daedra diverted the player to the slave market. At least, there is no way to let the player know that's what happened.

No, I mean I wouldn't be able to create a scenario wherein some other Daedra diverted the player to the slave market. At least, there is no way to let the player know that's what happened.

You could make an amulet which is the fake DI amulet -> On 'use' port to a cell with Sheogorath -> He has a laugh at you and contrives you to be dropped in the cage -> port to the cage.

Of course... That's the outside. I wouldn't know how to construct it under the bonnet, but hey... ignorance... ./derp

Well, that would work, but it goes somewhat against the point of the discussion, which is to integrate the existing amulet's penchant for dumping the player in the slave market.

I'm advocating against that. Or at least against it happening 100% of the time. Prayers go unanswered all the time, but I feel that it would detract too much from DI. If it just sends you into slavery you might as well call it the "Please don't kill me. I am valuable, please sell me instead"-token.

I suppose it could be done by making a new mod that has both Simple Slavery and DA as dependencies (urgh, I know, I know, bleagh), to change the divine intervention script so that it randomly selects a destination (like 90% of the time sends to the nearest temple, 10% sends to slave market).

On the whole, though, I'm not in favor of the idea. It's an interesting concept, and one I might add to a mod someday (when I get time to mod or even play for longer than an hour a day again), but... the reason I used the item to teleport in the first place was that I was about to get defeated by bandits, and my character didn't want to get sold off again (she'd just gotten away from her last master). Divine intervention out of there, and oh cruel fate! Why dost thou mock me so? BACK into the slave market. I thought it was a bug with DA at first. :)

I'm advocating against that. Or at least against it happening 100% of the time. Prayers go unanswered all the time, but I feel that it would detract too much from DI. If it just sends you into slavery you might as well call it the "Please don't kill me. I am valuable, please sell me instead"-token.

the whole reason i added da was for slavery, i'd love a way to make that mandatory, but i'm actually thinking a collar would make more sense to that effect

the idea behind it being once a slave always a slave, a zaz collar could signify voluntarily choosing this life while a dd collar could signify either locked into it by somebody else or not wanting to return to a life before slavery and "higher societies" recognize jewelry as their way of life while "other" recognize what the collar means