SKSE 1.7.1

cornbreadtm

So I put this....

[Memory]

DefaultHeapInitialAllocMB= <default heap initial allocation size in megabytes, vanilla size is 512>

ScrapHeapSizeMB= <scrap heap size in megabytes, vanilla size is 256>

....where exactly?

Sorry, but it's not mentioned at all on silverlock or I wouldn't be asking. :lol: I think it would be wise if they added it somewhere.

Data / SKSE / SKSE.ini

So I put this....

[Memory]

DefaultHeapInitialAllocMB= <default heap initial allocation size in megabytes, vanilla size is 512>

ScrapHeapSizeMB= <scrap heap size in megabytes, vanilla size is 256>

....where exactly?

Sorry, but it's not mentioned at all on silverlock or I wouldn't be asking. :lol: I think it would be wise if they added it somewhere.

Data / SKSE / SKSE.ini

That's what I thought. Just making sure. You would think, though, that something like this would be on the Silverlock.org page. Wouldn't you?

same problem here... game wont start with the new skse 1.7... it starts loading i see the full black screen and then eertything dissapears and i am at the desktop....argh!!!

I had this issue, I found that it was tied to sexlab. I manually uninstalled sexlab (make sure you remove all of the files) and reinstalled the newest version

same problem here... game wont start with the new skse 1.7... it starts loading i see the full black screen and then eertything dissapears and i am at the desktop....argh!!!

I had this issue, I found that it was tied to sexlab. I manually uninstalled sexlab (make sure you remove all of the files) and reinstalled the newest version

not always a sexlab issue. also depends on your installation of skyrim.

I disc install to c:\\games. And because its not the normal steam directory a file is missing from initial load.

You will need to create a custom load for skyrim that you can use to either boot skyrim manually or set custom boot in NMM.

You need to add  -forcesteamloader to the end of target in a shortcut you created for SKSE_loader.

Target should look something like this

<skyrim install directory>\skse_loader.exe" -forcesteamloader

This forces steam loader.dll to load while not being ran from a steam directory.

not always a sexlab issue. also depends on your installation of skyrim.

I disc install to c:\\games. And because its not the normal steam directory a file is missing from initial load.

You will need to create a custom load for skyrim that you can use to either boot skyrim manually or set custom boot in NMM.

You need to add  -forcesteamloader to the end of target in a shortcut you created for SKSE_loader.

Target should look something like this

<skyrim install directory>\skse_loader.exe" -forcesteamloader

This forces steam loader.dll to load while not being ran from a steam directory.

I had this problem when I changed these to some other values and used ENB:

[Memory]
DefaultHeapInitialAllocMB=1024
ScrapHeapSizeMB=512

With these it works for me.

Despite this alpha supposedly being "stable," I seem to be experiencing a good deal of random CTDs while I'm traveling.

Pretty frustrating. Is it really compatible with SSME? Since I'm using SSME, I haven't bothered to configure the memory patch included with SKSE 1.7.

Despite this alpha supposedly being "stable," I seem to be experiencing a good deal of random CTDs while I'm traveling.

Pretty frustrating. Is it really compatible with SSME? Since I'm using SSME, I haven't bothered to configure the memory patch included with SKSE 1.7.

You can't using both SSME is seperated for version SKSE 1.6 and it do same thing with memory as the 1.7 alpha and BOTH ARE STABLE.

Ive used SSME for couple of weeks when first released and now 1.7 SKSE for months and its VERY STABLE.

SSME you just place the 2 files as readme say its real easy.

SKSE you put this in SKSE.INI

I only crash sometimes 1 time a day but most of time not for days on end playing maybe 30 hours without any crash maybe even longer i don't pay attention anymore becouse of rare crashes.

I got 36gb skyrim map over 200+ mods installed heavy ENB and 4k textures most of them.

Only thing that crash now if i put just way to many NPC'S MODS but thats prolly because of scripts?

So i limited to some point NPC'S mods.

Use LOOT-TES5EDIT(BOSS is past and not supported for long time now) and MO so you have less problems with messup skyrim map.

If you constantly crash it has nothing to do with SKSE you just doing something wrong.

I'm not sure I understood that response.

Let me separate my question into two parts:

1) Is the memory patch automatically on in SKSE 1.7, or do I need to turn it on manually with the ini settings?

2) If it IS automatically on, does it conflict with SSME?

SKSE's needs ini edit:

[Memory]
DefaultHeapInitialAllocMB=768
ScrapHeapSizeMB=256
that's for 512mb block 1(yes, it's 512, you need to set DefaultHeapInitialAllocMB to whatever you want block 1 to be + 256) and 256mb block 2. Those lines should go into "Skyrim\Data\SKSE\SKSE.ini", along with:

[General]
ClearInvalidRegistrations=1
And optional:

[Display]
iTintTextureResolution=2048
Don't use both, no purpose to do it.

Okay, let me clarify. Ever since I upgraded to SKSE 1.7 and SL1.5, I've been getting a bit more CTDs. They're not frequent, but they happen enough that I now quick save very often. So I'm trying to figure out what's going on.

I know there's no purpose to using the memory patch from both SKSE 1.7 and SSME, but what I'm trying to figure out is if there's any harm in doing so.

Even before that though, I need to know if the memory patch from SKSE 1.7 is automatically on or not. I assumed not, which is why I kept using SSME. But if that assumption is wrong (and it's automatically on), I need know whether using both can cause problems.

Okay, thanks. So that rules out the memory patch conflict...

Either it's SKSE 1.7 or it's one of the updated SL mods (to support 1.5), since I haven't installed anything else since. And I use ModOrganizer, so the upgrade process itself isn't the problem either.

• 3 weeks later...

hi guys,

i wonder if you can help me with a problem that im having with SKSE.ini, it seems to be ignored, completely. im running SKSE 1.7alpha, and its installed

in Data  \  SKSE, its definitely not saved as a .text file as im sure thats the issue for some users, ( i made sure of this by downloading an .ini from nexus ) my SKSE.ini looks like this :

[Display]
iTintTextureResolution=2048

[General]
ClearInvalidRegistrations=1

[Memory]
DefaultHeapInitialAllocMB=768
ScrapHeapSizeMB=256

my memoryblocklog is still telling me that my two blocks are     256   256    and i get freezes and CTD at the 256 point in my log.

its so frustrating as iv tried everything i can think of, even reverting to SKSE 1.6 and using the old patch method, which wont work either ( something to do with directx wont run the . dll file ).

any help would be awesome, i know im not the only one with this problem as iv posted on other forums ( with no help ) and the replys generally consist of " i have the same problem"

FYI. the game runs perfectly smoothly with 100+ mods, all the way up to the point of my memory filling. and its the only problem i currently have with skyrim.

well.....after fighting with my Norton security it let me load the game with SSME...and success!!! i now have   ::

logging of blocks enabled
logging max values only
Timer disabled
Block1 Block2
512MB 256MB
85 8
85 8

which im very happy with! thank you so much, im atleast a few feet in the right direction
now i know im being greedy but can i increase this value? like you can with 1.7a?
im runnin a GTX770 2gb with 8GB of ram, if that info is any good to you.

You don't really need to increase. Only if you actually hit this new 512mb limit one day.

Settings are in ssme.ini in the Skyrim's root. Ini also contains hex values for all kinds of settings, it's simple.

When you increase block size too much, you just leave less space in Skyrim's ~3,5Gb max RAM for all other stuff.

well i just did some running around to test it at 512, i have the lively inns and taverns mod and populated cities which quickly fills memory so i just went in and out off the inn in whiterun, with only a few second loading screen, my blocks reached 380, so unles it gets close i'l leave it at that :)

i did try goin high just to see, but it was CTD on the title screen, but the logs only reached 80mb,   do you need to increase both NewValue01 and NewValue02 to keep it stable?

you dont realise how happy i am just to get 512 :) been struggling with this for so long, 

NewValue01 is block1 and NewValue02 is block2. SHeson and others say that it's safe to leave block2 at default 256 cause Skyrim has no problem with allocating more memory if it fills up. Skyrim only likes to crash when you reach block1 size(well, and gazillion of other cases, but not while filling block2).

I have a Radeon HD 7970 3GB and I have installed SKSE 1.7 Alpha + PrecacheKiller plug-in for Showracemenu, I have over 250 mod active in NMM, and High Resolution textures for all, but.. my Memory log have only 256 for block 1, and 256 for block 2 :(

what to do to activate the Sheson's memory patch integrated into SKSE 1.7 alpha, please..? :-/

Options:
1) This, plus you might also need to add "-forcesteamloader" to your skse_loader shortcut.

2) Forget SKSE alpha, use SSME for it's "maximum user friendlyness" mode.

If you have AV software running, you probably will have to rape it into obedience, so it will let SKSE/SSME do it's work.

Options:

1) This, plus you might also need to add "-forcesteamloader" to your skse_loader shortcut.

2) Forget SKSE alpha, use SSME for it's "maximum user friendlyness" mode.

If you have AV software running, you probably will have to rape it into obedience, so it will let SKSE/SSME do it's work.

Many Thanks! ^_^

I try the first method, I will not use SSME tells me that there is a virus inside, and from what I understand.. it works better SKSE 1.7 out of SSME because it is integrated and less plug-ins you use the game run better

with AV softwar, you mean FRAPS or ShasowPlay/RadeonPro-Infinity for in-game videocapture ?

with SKSE 1.7 must be uninstalled the plug-in PrecacheKiller ? :)

By AV i mean exactly that antivirus that is blocking SSME and telling you it's a virus.

There is no difference between SSME and SKSE. SSME is not a plugin, and it's not an SKSE plugin either.

SKSE 1.7 has nothing to do with PrecacheKiller. If you have RaceMenu 2.7.0 or later, you don't need showRaceMenu_preCacheKiller/disablefacegencache plugins anymore. Otherwise use disablefacegencache.

I use the Gropher youtube video for install SKSE

This is my default SKSE desktop-icon shortcut, for lunch Skyrim from SKSE_loader.exe:

from "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Skyrim"

destination "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Skyrim\skse_loader.exe"

I did not understand exactly what I need to do to add "-forcesteamloader" to skse_loader shortcut ? :blush:

it is good as well..? or do I have to do to make it work poperly ? ^_^

Archived