SKSE 1.7.1

cornbreadtm

Guest corespore

Well, i tried the SKSE v 1.7 a few days ago and i was crashing left and right. Had i not found this thread i would have never found out why. Yeah, i think they need to be a bit more specific as to informing users to manually switch on the SSME file in the SKSE.ini because it's not running by default. Definitely one of those face-palm moments when i realized how simple the fix was. 

Anyways, it looks like it's working correctly now. Thanks for posting this thread, it really helped  :)

Hmm new in 1.7.1 SKSEMessagingInterface, looks like it's possible to send mod events from plugins so papyrus scripts may receive them?

more like for inter-plugin communication. but there is no placeholder for custom messages for some reason.

anyway i'm here as i'm unable to save (but able to load) save (even with co-save and all plugins deleted) with new 1.70.1 skse. has anyone else tried it?

[edit]

problem resolved. it seems some mods may not be disabled without having such a strange problems

Guest corespore

I am trying to go to the SKSE webpage but it keeps timing out, any suggests for a beginner.............

I'm assuming because you want to download the latest version?

Here ----> 

Its the archive and not the installer version.

I am trying to go to the SKSE webpage but it keeps timing out, any suggests for a beginner.............

I'm assuming because you want to download the latest version?

Here ----> attachicon.gifskse_1_07_01.7z

Its the archive and not the installer version.

Yes I do and thank you, funny enough as soon as I was done asking my question I went to the beginning of the postings and did a copy and past of the URL and viola I was able to get the archive and installer, well thanks anyhow.

Hmm new in 1.7.1 SKSEMessagingInterface, looks like it's possible to send mod events from plugins so papyrus scripts may receive them?

The messaging interface also exposes the SKSE dispatcher, so yes, theoretically you can send mod events from plugins. Acquire the mod callback event dispatcher, create an SKSEModCallbackEvent, pass the parameters, then send the event using the dispatcher.

You could already send your own custom events if you knew how to push events to the class registry. But you would have to setup your own receiver as well. You can only send regular structured SKSE events in this manner (stringEvent, stringArg, numArg, formArg), the ModEvent structured events with custom parameters are more closely tied to SKSE, maybe in a future version we will expose this interface as well.

One of the biggest problems I had so far with papyrus / plugins were not being able to send events, or call papyrus functions so the script side could be notified of changes in the plugin. I didn't think copying the event system from SKSE was a solution since it didn't look like something that could just be included in the plugin like some other functions, if you could add a simpler way to send mod events in the format you described it would help a lot.

One of the biggest problems I had so far with papyrus / plugins were not being able to send events, or call papyrus functions so the script side could be notified of changes in the plugin. I didn't think copying the event system from SKSE was a solution since it didn't look like something that could just be included in the plugin like some other functions, if you could add a simpler way to send mod events in the format you described it would help a lot.

Using the SKSE structured events is usually fine for most people, if you really need to call Papyrus functions using custom parameters we could expose the ModEvent API that would return PapyrusModEvent objects in which you could push your parameters to, then send the handle off.

Sending regular SKSE events should be fairly straight forward, acquire the SKSEMessagingInterface as you would any other interface

Create an SKSEModCallbackEvent object (PapyrusEvents.h)

SKSEModCallbackEvent evn("MyEvent", "someString", 0.0, NULL);
EventDispatcher<SKSEModCallbackEvent> * dispatcher = g_messageInterface->GetEventDispatcher(SKSEMessagingInterface::kDispatcher_ModEvent);
if(dispatcher)
	dispatcher->SendEvent(&evn);

Archived