SexLab Solutions V2 BETA NEW 2014-05-27

Just in case anyone is wondering. I am rebuilding this mod from scratch, but it will take time since I am rarely home these days. 

Will also add a "let's go somewhere more private" option to most scenarios from the beginning. 

I am thinking about adding a SexLab Attraction dependancy to make attraction a way to decide weather you have a sex option or not..

But I would like some feedback from the community before I do this.

Just in case anyone is wondering. I am rebuilding this mod from scratch, but it will take time since I am rarely home these days. 

Will also add a "let's go somewhere more private" option to most scenarios from the beginning. 

I am thinking about adding a SexLab Attraction dependancy to make attraction a way to decide weather you have a sex option or not..

No worries Bromm83, glad to see you back and glad you are still working on it. If you could just maybe once a week or so give us a update of how things are progressing on the rewrite would be great though. :)

As for attraction it depends, at first I wasn't a fan mostly cause of the jealousy issue it could cause. Now that is suppose to become a option you can turn off which makes it more interesting of a mod.

I am not against the idea of making attraction a dependancy, but you also might want to take into account Arousal rating(since attraction has it as a requirement anyways), if the NPC is very aroused it gives a bonus to them doing the deed. Kinda like the a 2 at 10pm is a 10 at 2am saying about going to bars. If you get my meaning.

Welcome back Bromm! I think everyone in the world has been waiting for you to come back, totally no pressure XD

I think having different mods refer to 1 framework is a good idea and Attraction is also a safe dependency because I don't think it uses constantly looping update events or invisible cloaks so it doesn't put any load on Papyrus unless another mod specifically requests it

I like the idea ^^

As my weekly update I can say this much:

- I have put up dialogue in the file for about 90% of the quests that was added in the latest release. 

- I have added dialogue for some of the let's go somewhere more private.

- I have started on dialogue for the NPC specific scenarios not related to quests.

What needs to be done for first release:

- Finish adding dialogue.

- Do all the scripting (this will take time!) to start SexLab.

- Add SkyUI support so that you can get some MCM options

- Maybe add Attraction support.

- Link the original dialogue to the new dialogue so that it will actually show up in game. 

Futurure development:

- Add the scenarios that wasn't ready for first release

- Start making more varied responses

- Make NPCs remember you and react to that.

- Add all the random events back

- Plus much more!

This is a really promising project.

To be honest for me it is going to become (very) interesting only when it will provide each modified quest to be somehow unique (with different dialogues\scenes\... depending on the situation\npc\choices\(character type?))

Also it should stay "believable" as much as possible, I mean taking into consideration the npc and what could be his general behaviour and whatever you may find unique in that situation.

Developing the mod like this can be a lot more time consuming (cause you'll have to personalize every quest you touch, and provide different behaviours\paths) but it would also mean *a lot* more quality. All imo of course ;)

gl

I want to aim for believeable, but to be honest it's so much more work that it will probably not happen for a long while yet.

This Mod has so much potential its worthy of a team. Having to use combat for every thing has bugged me for a while. Speech, Illusion and Thief skills would be a cool combo for a Sexlab "game" solution. Many of the quests could be solved with your own faction hirelings. Send npcs off to learn skills using player funds . War solutions would require an agent of Pentius Occulus (whatever :) to setup the quest senarios etc. Gonna stop before the text wall :).

I'ld be happy to offer suggestions. If your serious and get a team together.

I have tried getting people to help with dialogue, but there have been little response.

Setting up a team would make it easier, but I don't have the time to manage a team or set up the webpages to make it work (github or whatnot).

I have tried getting people to help with dialogue, but there have been little response.

Setting up a team would make it easier, but I don't have the time to manage a team or set up the webpages to make it work (github or whatnot).

If you ever want to send me a file of the dialogue you have already done I would be more than happy to proof read it and give opinions on how I think it could be done better.

As for coming up with something completely new on my own, I wouldn't know where to start as I am not sure what is required to do that stuff. Still trying to figure out modding.

Yeah, this doesn't strike me as a mod where arousal is necessary.  This is stuff for quest involvement, which arousal might not always be a factor.  It's not like the day to day stuff, like Lover's Comfort.  Attraction and Arousal requirements aren't necessary and shouldn't be added, I think.

If you ever want to send me a file of the dialogue you have already done I would be more than happy to proof read it and give opinions on how I think it could be done better.

As for coming up with something completely new on my own, I wouldn't know where to start as I am not sure what is required to do that stuff. Still trying to figure out modding.

I second nutluck's motion.

I'm ready to help in whatever way possible, be it proofing, creating dialogues for certain situations, you name it. I want this thing to work :)

[Edit]

And yeah! Welcome back!! :D

Adding Attraction will (probably) make my life a lot easier. Because then I can just drop all the race dialogue, since attraction will factor that in, it will also factor in relation wich will save me tons of dialogue. All in all I can save around 30% of the work by making attraction worry about races, if the players are gay and stuff like that. Maybe even close to 50%.

It will however require that I have a good dialogue with the creator of attraction and I have to have a few things changed with it to make it suit my needs. 

So really, the question is: Do you want the mod on this side of summer or not? 

Also Attraction has MCM that will let you turn on and of preferences to suit your needs.

Okay, but can it be completely disabled via MCM?

I don't want useless clutter, especially scripted clutter, in my mod list. Attraction does nothing I want. Solutions does. If I absolutely have to use Attraction with it, then so be it, but only if I can be assured that having Attraction won't have any undesired effects after I tweak settings via MCM.

But, if it really would make it that much easier, then sure, go for it. I've tried modding, I know how difficult and time-consuming even simple things can be. As irksome as this growing tangle of Sexlab interdependence is, I wouldn't demand anyone go through all that headache just for a subset of selective/simple players like me. :\

To be honest, it'd be great if you could just get the mod to work first?  Like, I don't see the point of the whole probability 'feature' if it a) makes me need to reload a save to get the dialog option i want and b  ) makes modding so much more harder that it breaks.

Unless of course, you can use MCM to disable all that probability stuff and get the sex option no matter what.

(i love your mod btw!)

edit: also same with above, i'd REALLLLLLLLLY prefer not having to download another plugin...

I have been waiting for this mod so I can finally start doing quests in Skyrim, no pressure or anything! :P

Anyways as for Attraction, I am hot and cold on it, and that depends on what you are using it for.

As a quest mod I don't know if taking into consideration of the PC's "attractiveness" and race is always going to be a good thing if it is going to exclude some of the possible scenario and content if the PC isn't judged pretty enough or isn't a certain race, gender I can sort of understand (I am not going to demand everyone to swing both ways :P )

I like attraction since it looks like a prelude to the old Oblivion LoversJoburg, I am skeptical on it since I don't know if it'll break some of the prostitution mods around, and I don't know if the race and weight scale are fully adjustable to be enable or disable.

Adding Attraction will (probably) make my life a lot easier. Because then I can just drop all the race dialogue, since attraction will factor that in, it will also factor in relation wich will save me tons of dialogue. All in all I can save around 30% of the work by making attraction worry about races, if the players are gay and stuff like that. Maybe even close to 50%.

It will however require that I have a good dialogue with the creator of attraction and I have to have a few things changed with it to make it suit my needs. 

So really, the question is: Do you want the mod on this side of summer or not? 

Also Attraction has MCM that will let you turn on and of preferences to suit your needs.

Honestly I am indifferent to if you add it or not to the dependance on other mods. I honestly say do what you feel is best for the mod and yourself. Of course we all have opinions and the like and we will all suggest them, in the end do what you feel is best for you and your mod.

Okay, but can it be completely disabled via MCM?

I don't want useless clutter, especially scripted clutter, in my mod list. Attraction does nothing I want. Solutions does. If I absolutely have to use Attraction with it, then so be it, but only if I can be assured that having Attraction won't have any undesired effects after I tweak settings via MCM.

But, if it really would make it that much easier, then sure, go for it. I've tried modding, I know how difficult and time-consuming even simple things can be. As irksome as this growing tangle of Sexlab interdependence is, I wouldn't demand anyone go through all that headache just for a subset of selective/simple players like me. :\

Atttraction isn't script clutter. All it does is provide functions for other mods to use and it doesn't do anything on its own. It has no looping updates or invisiblae cloaks that work in the background. You or your game wouldn't even notice it's there most of the tinme and it would only be called when a dialogue script calls for it.

I still run the old Version of this mod since more of it is working for me compared to the V2 Betas and i love to see your next version.

As for the Attraction, i didnt try it out so far, but i like the idea. Generaly i not the biggest fan of dependencies but i could see it wokring with Solutions and if it makes your modding life easier go for it.

No worries Bromm83, glad to see you back and glad you are still working on it. If you could just maybe once a week or so give us a update of how things are progressing on the rewrite would be great though. :)

As for attraction it depends, at first I wasn't a fan mostly cause of the jealousy issue it could cause. Now that is suppose to become a option you can turn off which makes it more interesting of a mod.

I am not against the idea of making attraction a dependancy, but you also might want to take into account Arousal rating(since attraction has it as a requirement anyways), if the NPC is very aroused it gives a bonus to them doing the deed. Kinda like the a 2 at 10pm is a 10 at 2am saying about going to bars. If you get my meaning.

i agree... both attraction and arousal should be taken into account... and probably also NPC gender preference (if the game considers it).

also you might consider 3 possible outcome to your sex proposal... 1) rejected... 2) accepted... 3) accepted but then you get cheated and don't obtain what you were supposed to get in exchange for sex...

also, if you succeed in having NPC remembering PC and reacting consequently... if an NPC cheated on you once (s)he will probably do it again since if it worked once, why not giving it one more try ? (so the 2nd possibility would get thinner while 3rd will grow larger everytime...)

as i always say... please consider i'm no modder at all and i have no idea of what can be done and what can't... so if i'm suggesting the impossible... just don't lough to loud... ;)

I'm slightly pissed off at this version. Not only does it do absolutely nothing where I KNOW it should, (Cidhna Mine, for example) but when I tried uninstalling it because I suspected it was fucking up the Thieves Guild Radiant quests, my game never loads after uninstalling it. EVER. And I did have some options checked, and then checked all of them when I was trying to figure out why none of the dialogs showed up. I have no idea what could be causing this or if its conflicting with something, but I'm extremely annoyed that I'm going to have to start an entirely new character just to try to continue to figure out what the hells wrong with the Thieves Guild radiant quests.

I am aware that it's in Alpha and that this was a risk of using it, so I  don't want to seem like I'm directing my frustration at you. I'm just mentioning the issue I had.

Personally, I REALLY don't see the need to support racism or sexism or what not.  The dialog already gives me the option to not go down the sex path if I'm not interested.  I see little point in going to all the effort of excluding dialog based on these things.  It seems like a lot of work for little payoff.