[WIP] Skyrim Discworld, ALPHA TRAILER, 9/15/14

DDproductions83

From TP no and sadly from Lindseys agent yes

I will actually copy paste the last two emails cause I gave the agent a nice subtle "F U"

I left the previous email out cause it was super long detailing a bunch of shit pertaining to where I could use a piece of lindseys work. If you read snuff, ending goblin girl operahouse, nough said. 

Jennifer Fletcher via yahoo.com 
12:20 PM (1 hour ago)
cleardot.gif

cleardot.gif
cleardot.gif
to me
cleardot.gif

Thank you Darren for explaining.  I think the project is fantastic; I looked at the websites/videos you sent and you seem very passionate about your work on it.  Unfortunately if it can't benefit Lindsey in any way, she can't afford the time or energy it would take to really pull this off.  It isn't just about her...she has several-dozen people working for her now who are depending on her work for their paychecks.  It does look like the kind of project she would enjoy, but I don't think it is going to be possible right now.  Thank you for your understanding and I sincerely wish you all the best with your game and everything else.

Sincerely,

Darren Dd ddproductions83@gmail.com
12:29 PM (1 hour ago)
cleardot.gif

cleardot.gif
cleardot.gif
to Jennifer
cleardot.gif

I understand, sadly I do.
 It is actually the point where this could end up that I would dread to be honest. By that I mean having a project I would enjoy and love doing and being unable to due to the shackles of obligation of my own doing to others relying on me. Such is the fate of a business unfortunately.
Well, good luck in everything and if it ever comes to it, we would never turn anything down :)

And in all honesty we could more than likely use anything she has already done and has copywrite rights to as well, although most is a bit more upbeat than you would find in a fantasy game world. 

Thanks

Just another note, if anyone wants to jump on board working full time on this, please get in contact with me. Now that we have a very very decent framework in mind for what we can do etc I am beginning to write for the next couple of days for a couple main quests. We could use some dungeon designers for fetch type quests as there will be a lot of them but they are not top priority for the people working on the mod as of now but would be fun to release a bunch in a alpha build.

I cannot spare one minute at the moment doing interiors as pretty much the majority of questing and exterior world design tends to be done by me, although there is a new method I want to try to move from one duplicate esp worldspace to another :P 

But I am also writing and implementing the quests etc and working on audio from VA's so currently unique dungeons would be amazing. And there is no limitation at the moment. It's F'ing discworld we can write it off as anything and make it a quest for anything at random :)

As usual contact is

ddproductions83@gmail.com

darren.d23 on skype (The one in america darren d)

Or message me here

That's just a demo for my only dungeon creator atm cause hes japanese and it took less time to do that than it would ot try and explain it rofl

once again

I NEED DUNGEON DESIGNERS

I mean for realz look at the cool shit we can do! Add your name to the credit role! We can even slow time in a given location for objects!, Move anything like this on a spell or trigger, Have elevators, lifts, weights and counterweights, Magic bridges, moving platforms, tracking traps, Possession spells to get your enemies to open locked doors for you, Even our first dungeon with Cohen will feature the player getting trapped and opening a door then controlling Cohen to open the locked door for the player ALA lost viking style. 

I'm not asking for the level of design Ryujii is throwing at me, no one, not even bethesda themselves came close to what this kid does. But we need one shot dungeons, small one to two level caves ice caves forts etc and we can add custom puzzles and traps at your request. If we havent mentioned something you thought of WE WILL figure it out. Our main script for our functions is named COCKTECH for a reason, we beat this fucking engine into submission with our massive schlongs!

Guest Ragna_Rok

oh crap, dude, your work is so amazing, its really hard for me to not join here... but... no, not nexus. no way. not a single cent directed to ppl that treat other folks like crap for bs reasons. thats against pretty much everything i believe is right.

Guest kimbale

Yo, can you do a riding sequence with quicktime events with COCKTECH?

I was thinking on doing some quest on getting the player their own sapient pearwood chest, and a "break in ride" would be awesome.

Like going a certain path and randomly swaying and the player has to press a key not to fall off (preferably 2-4 keys). I'd even make animations for the humanoid rider. :D

Even our first dungeon with Cohen will feature the player getting trapped and opening a door then controlling Cohen to open the locked door for the player ALA lost viking style. 

I've seen that in a quest mod I played few days ago, I think it was in Wyrmstooth, controlling other creatures for your purpose is very very very cool, it would be lovely having a whole magic category with spells like that!

Yo, can you do a riding sequence with quicktime events with COCKTECH?

I was thinking on doing some quest on getting the player their own sapient pearwood chest, and a "break in ride" would be awesome.

Like going a certain path and randomly swaying and the player has to press a key not to fall off (preferably 2-4 keys). I'd even make animations for the humanoid rider. :D

Negative that would require key mapping which is only available in SKSE and quite frankly since the bitch who makes that wont allow modders to release it with their mods, F him

Although it could be done I will wait for Khia to respond but I'm pretty sure we cannot fubar our way around the re-key mapping without meddling with the source engine

I do have spare time to share but the only skillz I posses are with photoshop.

If somebody patient enough would train me in a specific field I would be more then happy to lend a hand :)

A: does that skill with photoshop lend itself to texturing UV maps? If so you would at this point probably be invaluable, we are bad, we got a 3d modeler who likes to make stupid shit then send them to the programmer who can unwrap them and then we just sit there and look at it cause we are shit after that.

B: If you own skyrim I will 100% walk you though everything there is to know on dungeon creation. We do the hard parts, designing dungeons is simple if time consuming(At least for me) 

Add me on skype darren.d23

I can easily screenshare and answer any and all questions for making dungeons.

Scratch that I naysay too easily, We can do something similar kim, where they get on the chest and they have minimal control over it as it runs around willy nilly and tries to buck them. It would be like trying to control a runaway horse, you can kind of steer it but not all the way. I will look into it

Does it count if I have a stupid idea for a dungeon mission but cant make dungeons because it means I have to concentrate for more than 30 secs at a time?

I do have a stupid idea btw... It involves a dragon and a rabbit, and it's an epic yet tragic love story with witches, curses and carrots, that you need to resolve, although not in the way you would think it should turn out....

Would require scripting/minor cutscenes involving said rabbit*, and eventually the dragon before the finale, but I am thinking you have the COCKTECH to make it happen easily now.

Happy to share idea if you are interested however (and I know you will roll eyes) I looked at CK earlier today and thought feck I have no idea what 'nifs' for use of a better word to make a dungeon with lol...

*This is on the assumption that rabiits do exist in Skyrim and the fact I havn't actaully played it for so long has not led me to imagine their existence within the engine - if so I might have a rabbit related problem and need to talk to a fluffy tailed qualified professional

Oh crap I think Skyrim does not have rabbits at all , only haunches for stew you find in bandit caves from rabbits you never actually see - in which case a fox will do instead, but prefer a rabbit if we can get one of them :)

Archived