[WIP] Skyrim Discworld, ALPHA TRAILER, 9/15/14

DDproductions83

Still shows you can do stuff when you put your mind to it :)

As for the scythe - what's your view on that?  Can send you the new version if you like it.

No way to make it be upwards? like typical death with the blade of the scythe over his head?

If not no worries its still a scythe Ill take it rofl :P

go ahead and send it I'll fiddle with it when i wake the fuck up

I prefer the new eye/gem look - looks great to me :D  Let's see what Mr.Rational says when he is done sleeping.  As for the variations, I was just messing about with axis etc in the scythe nif rather than the bones in the skeleton nif, so only affects the weapon, not the actor.  So yeah, is upsidedown now if he actively uses it as a weapon... d'oh - but should be good enough for a trailer for now....

When did this section become a companion request emporium.. :P

DB2 almost ready

If you can finish Kring by monday I would be much obliged :P

Same with death or if hes done send im either way I am going to start throwing the trailer together all day T and W so I am going to make as much as I can in discworld over the weekend

lol

I have my dungeon designer on it and I'm going to model the outside accordingly to his creation when I get it monday or so

I personally tried a few iterations with 8 sided hallways etc and he did as well and we kept failing in extraordinary ways, so we decided on just making it cool with a spiderweb design and 8 sided whenever we could especially the main chamber and hopefully the soul gem 

I will see what he comes up with soon and roll from there

That models not in game is it?

It seems familiar but I cant place it lol

give it soul gem textures and send it over! :P

Dude if you know your Discworld then you will know that the inside bears no relation to the outiside :P  In TS terms this gives you modding freedom - interior can be what you like so for it.

As for soul gem textures I resprectfully disagree - rather than a giant crytal I think should be an interesting construct as per video, but as the boss your call.  Model is in game and I just artfully reuse existing stuff - hopefully most people like yourself wont even know where it comes from and just think 'Wow that looks cool'...

@Vioxsis since In know you are reading this and are also highly likely japanese, the 'Uchuujin' you created are perfect - don't change them - they work fine - no almonds or anything :D

If you are available for another job re: weapon for this mod please let me know as have something for you :)

As for texturing I would say yeah go for for the screebshot but if you can, go with glow for the eyes.....

We need a dastardly good scythe for DEATH. Now you will have seen the sycthe I presented earlier but sadly that is not mine - we need an original one so we don't have to worry about people going apeshit about plagiarism atc.

So Scythe mod as it stands is hee for info:

SlassicScythe_eng-18255-1-0.rar

Now I don't know what DDP plans for it, whether he plans for it to be actually used as a weapon at any point but my thinking is we should plan that it will.

What I am asking is that you produce a similar version to the ebony version in that mod - that is worn upside down ( i.e. blade like my last picture on this page... if changed required to DEATH's skeleton instead no worries)  - ideally black twisted haft, dark ebony wood,  with shiny blade and if possibly glowing blue edge but lets see what what happens. Just Google some pictures of Terry's Death to get the idea - heck I have a model of him on a shelf heh (yeah, I luuurve him).

Does that sound like something you would be interested in doing? If required will start pumping pictures at you and if necessary draw my own heh to give an idea, but the pics I put out earlier were pretty much there imo....

lol

Sorry was napping I have the worlds worst sleep schedule

I know about the relation to size but I want to make the exterior templeish like, or at least a relation to what ryuuji is doing. I roll with what the kid does honestly, I gave him the worlds worst sketch and ideas for DB2 dungeons and he did everything for the last 3/4 of the mod in under 7 days and exceeded what I wanted by a factor of like 10

If it doesn't come out looking how I want we will just make it some random dungeona nd I will dedicate myself to doing it later or leave it up in the air for someone to make :P

Weapon looks great, I would prefer goldish hilt and some awesome glowing runes or shiny runes on the blade but other than that creative freedom :P

And I want a 8 sided soul gem for the light source in the temple, that was definitly specific in the book (If I remember correctly) 8 sided purple gem emitting a glow that made the blacks seem blacker etc. I am pretty sure I can do that with a image space as well as a light source so ya

If you want to model me a D8 soul gem right after the sword vioxsis :P

Heading out for a bit bbl

So he got the preliminarys back for the temple and while it is one fucking hell of a epic dungeon IDK

I am torn on this one cause skyrim assets are going to be very very hard to do the temple of bel-shamharoth justice on the interior

If someone wants to take a stab at it by all means feel free, I have a feeling we may have to go through several different ideas before we get one that sticks if we wish to adhere to formally to vague text :P

I'll read the book again and see what me and my mates can trudge up in terms of dialogue - I'm a programmer by trade and can even look into some scripting for you.

I'm currently waiting on some hardware in the mail, so I'll use the time to revisit the last continent (personally I thought it was one of the best books, but I'm a biased patriot).

the drag queen festival and the brewery scene would be so fun.

the biggest challenge off the top of my head would be their tower though, maybe make it a small tower when you see it, then enter and have a script extend the building higher whilst you're in it, not sure what the limitations would be though.
(that's just how I imagine that their tower works)

hehe I'm going to go search my bookshelf

lol you clearly have never opened the CK have you :P

No matter really if you own Skyrim I can screen share and actually show you how to make character add voice types and even add all the dialogue, no actual programming required for all that BS and I'm almost positive I can port it from a esp into discworld though I wont be 100% till later this week after I finish DB2 and have room for some random ass testing

That part will probably be crucial for this mod so I hope to fuck it works. Then nothing stops anyone who owns skyrim from adding themselves to the world really. If you do the work audio editing, make a character in the ck make a quest for all the audio lines write them and make it all work, then who the fuck am I to say no, its literally a couple copy pastes, change a directory name and drag and drop your character into discworld and give them a AI

And Like I said I would gladly show and teach anyone the basics they need ot do some of this simple crap on the CK

Scripting might be more tricky once some people get into it, but I am once again almost sure baseline scripts will transfer over, IE custom named scripts. I will be doing probably a few days of testing and experiments after DB2 releases just to validate and we will have a mumble server anyone can jump on anytime and yap about discworld ideas etc etc. I cannot in no way do this alone, but you are only limited to me if you can;t do the work yourself which I am willing to quickly teach. Adding stuff to the esp so far is relatively easy and the bulk of problems will be getting voice actors and original characters to populate the world. The big names are well and good and easy its the cabbage farmers that will break the mods back I reckon

Dude if you know your Discworld then you will know that the inside bears no relation to the outiside :P  In TS terms this gives you modding freedom - interior can be what you like so for it.

As for soul gem textures I resprectfully disagree - rather than a giant crytal I think should be an interesting construct as per video, but as the boss your call.  Model is in game and I just artfully reuse existing stuff - hopefully most people like yourself wont even know where it comes from and just think 'Wow that looks cool'...

I know what it is and that it's two of them stuck together. ;)

I hereby dub the tavern in ankhmorpork 'The Flaming Kookaburra', and Khia if you want to add me in skype at darren.d23 I can get you started on decorating your embassy and creating a character or 5 for it :P

I will not be home until around 8 my time which depending on where you are can be 1pm-4pm and Ill probably pass the fuck out for a fe whours due to my insane asinine sleep schedule sooooo.. maybe 1 am or so my time ill get the fuck back up so 6-10pm for ya all :P

Archived