[WIP] Skyrim Discworld, ALPHA TRAILER, 9/15/14

DDproductions83

Well so fucking married now woo

Too much gd work and we did it as fast as humanly possible

Probably didn't help I gave the justice of the peace the % chance when they did the "to love and to hold" blah blah and instead of answering yes i said "Probably"

VEGAS BABY VEGAS

best part so far, japanese wagu filet mignon

it was like a cow was making sweet sweet love to mah mouth

giggidy

PEACE

be back to work this weekend lol

• 2 weeks later...

post-52747-0-46919500-1397288742_thumb.jpg

Someone with a badass enb load that cell and tell me if it looks good :P

I lowered the light count, apparently if you go over 10 in a loaded area without any occlusion it starts to get wonky lol

Also anyone who wants can d/l and check out some of the shit though dont be surprised if you load a zone and some things get weird as we have some custom made nifs and shit

Coc ankhmorpork_opera_house

For the exterior just   coc Ankhmorporkexterior01

You will not have the LOD files obviously so shits gonna just go all blank 2 cells away or w/e the cutoff is

ATM all interior cells that are there are accessible so you can actually look around in game

Do a help "0_disc" in console to bring up a shiton of cells or "help ankh"

I didn't start naming them 0_disc till recently, made my life easier though lol

Depending on VA's this could go Alpha 1.0 early May

Also depending on VA's we could have more than the 3 sidequests and 3 main quests lol, the sidequests have almost nothing to do with any written Discworld novels but I feel they inhabit the spirit of it all,

So far a quest to get a existential sword, a quest to stop a small god, and a quest that involves zombie bards (<-- that one is looking AMAZING, think tiny tina from borderlands 2)

The mains in Alpha 1.0 are Cohens first quest, Going Postal, and Snuff

So far the sidequests are 15-25 min, 20-40 min, and 15-25 min

The main quests are still up in the air havent finished bug testing so there hasnt been a non god mode one shot run through but looking like 4-6 hours for all of them

Once again could really use some more hardcore help in the dungeon department and/or moddeling armor and new meshes etc for weapons or buildings and items

Everyone who gets ahold of alpha 1.0 will have to watch a gd video of me bitching at ppl to help cause fuck it this shits going large and the more the merrier and the better it will look.

The difference between my dungeons and Ryujis are very obvious as he is only doing dungeons and I am doing everything else. His look so much better but half the time I cant be fucked to do all the little bits to make it feel more alive because I have bigger picture BS stuck in my head.

so.. RAAAWWRRRR UPDATE

DiscworldM1.esp

• 2 weeks later...

Ok this one should be pretty simple and if someone could PM me with either A: How or B: Could do it RQ for me lol

I need to get words into the game IE Static Nifs with just simple words SImple textures IE black/white

I am going to try and do the intro credits as a in-game cinematic that flys the player around the island and through the credits :P

Not a whole ton but a decent amount of them so meh

I really don't know how to do it personally or if there is a easy way to just make 3d words and get them as a obj and then into nifscope etc so any info would be appreciated

Guest Ragna_Rok

oh, btw, hey dude, it should concern you as much as any other quest / new-land modder... you realized my new set of perms?

after all im retired, just dont rape my mods, take some models if you like, respect my perms, and were cool, you know ;)

OK Dude I have been away a long time so don't know WTF is up but since I am ever helpful and massively opinionated I will give you the benefit of my wisdom for you to take on board or not as you see fit, as it should be:

1) Vetinari- I assume you have seen GoT or Game of Thrones for the plebs - if so, Charles Dance (My hero) aka Daddy Lannister is the cloest I can think of who would/should be Lord Vetinari - your vid simply does not do this massive character the justice he deserves - this guy is a magnificent genius at world class level - awe inspiring/fear inducing and likely best portrayed in undertones/understatement - tricky but reckon you can manage it.

2) Cohen - I know you wanted to go for funky titles, but really mate your 1st preview with Cohen from 1st person view was spot on - brilliant even and got real LOLs - the revamp is worse - go back to what works.

3) Intro - See what you are trying to do - however I would avoid long shots where detail does not render - is an engine issue I know, but you can work around it to make it look much better (eg: mountain slopes of grid textures grass) - mountains themselves tend to render much better from distances so use them more imo.  As for the USAF this could be touchy, but you are making your mod political as soon as you involve military anything.... Plenty of people in the world are not happy with US foreign policy (to put it politely) so if you want to generate a backlash of god knows who, this is a good way to go about generating a hate movement for you - not what you want really after all this effort, and am sure your normal view of 'literally fuck everyone's opinion motherfucking motherfuckers' will come into play here, but just pointing it out for you - imo lets make mods that dont make political statements - this is a game ffs - go out with a placard if you feel strongly about something political and make a real statement...leave make believe make believe and keep real world shit (even respect/love when it comes to military shit) out of the equation....

Just my 2c.

Accept may not be what you want to hear and you may disagree with any or all of it, but thought I would try and help, at least from my perspective :D

Look forward to seeing the mod in action !

Cheers,

TS

I agree on 1 to a extent, I always viewed vetinari as using the least force necessary to ensure a required response. If the least force  necessary was a firing squad he would use a firing squad. If it was threats he would use threats. If it was nothing more than a banana for the librarian why use threats when bananas are in good supply. Save the threats for when they are needed. He is 'Efficient' in that regard in my mind

2 already got partially changed

3 part1, More credits added and more detail to land will lessen that, that is merely the setup for the flyby and its not even in alpha yet

3 part2.  I will crucify you. There is no political statement made. Honoring the men and women who pledge part or most of their lives to defend my liberty is in NO FUCKING WAY a political statement. I do not honor how they are used by politicians, just their sacrifice, some more permanent than others. Any fuckwit who thinks otherwise can actually burn in hell for all I care. Fuck the "Fuck their opinions" I hope Satan fucks their opinions with a pineapple.

I sit on my ass and program video games all damn day, thanks in no small part to what Military personnel have sacrificed over the centuries. Do I agree with any policys, who gives a fuck. None of that was stated and anyone who 'reads' into it either way more than what was stated is a fool and by all means if that keeps them from enjoying my mod, thank fucking God. They don't deserve it then.

Most of the finest men and women I have ever met have been our armed forces, and I would gladly bear all the internet hate in the world to support them. It's the goddamn least I can ever do.

tp74S9nms.jpg marines-logo.jpg

USAF_logo.pngflgdecl1000004808_-00_us-army-logo-flag-

Guest Ragna_Rok

and here are my 2 cents... since im a retired old fuck i decided to play my game without certain boundaries... put in other words, my malacath's champion quest (which grants you a bunch of op goodies from yours truly) will have this as a background music... pwnd, bitches :P

Guest Ragna_Rok

on second thought... im gonna ask the allmighty guinolas to come up with sth similar like the song i just posted... after all thats how good modding works, one hand washes the other, and quite frankly im donating shitloads of weapons for nearly free, so even allmighty guin can spend an hour on my brutal-as-fuck-orc-master-quest :P

Archived