[WIP] Skyrim Discworld, ALPHA TRAILER, 9/15/14

DDproductions83

Guest Ragna_Rok

as far as i know chickens have no attack animation. bunnies neither.

but maybe this trick could help: in case of the dovahbit the author solved it by making the dovabunny fight with lightning-spells.

too cleched methinks, unless it has a wicked backstory which leads up to it.  Eg: early mission has gathering chickens for the watch, a nothing mission you do and forget about since is not really major, and go off an do other more interesting stuff, then.... Oh Noes! It turns out OMG the watch have made Assault Chickens and lost control... would be funny since you would actually be partly responsible....

Ok then, new project I need chickens in battle armor

And one thing we are doing is some interaction with the characters. Certain storylines are not accessible until other storylines are completed, it will be more flow controlled in that way than Skyrim but I won't introduce twoflower until you have completed the first part of Cohens quest. And you will have to do Cohen Twoflower and Rincewinds first quest before the Octavo contacts you and the star in the sky appears for the Light Fantastic.

So a side quest with battle chickens run amuk and controlling the Watch barracks after nobby and carrot inadvertently use magic on them seems like it could be a fun 10 min. Or we could even say 7 of the battle chickens escaped and you have to travel the world and find them to become part of the city watch. Much in the same way we are going to scatter bananas around and you give them to the librarian for new awesome spells like the meteor and mind control

Giggidy

Honestly there probably wont be any guilds and there is only one real crime faction atm. Can't be fucked to waste my life making it skyrim it will mostly be tons of new storys and characters and areas to explore. I can damn well guarantee you there wont be 100's of location specific idles etc etc for the companions and all that time consuming jazz unless someone wants to step on up and help in a major way. My dedicated focus is on storys and quests, nothing more, nothing less

Doing this with a 100% realistic logical completion date of end of the year, I will never add anything that is 'fluff' until we are getting done or I am waiting on assets from people so bleh

But I digress

BATTLE CHICKENS A GO

Someone give them armor!

Heck if you got people writing scripts and animations for rodeoing the luggage, why stop there - have the mission to find the scattered missing battlechickens and ride em back to the nearest watch station - Chocobo joy!  Ofc could make the ride somewhat hectic and difficult :)   Just throwing ideas... ok so now I need to work out how to make a freaking dungeon - did ok in Morrowind so guess can't be that different... famous last words....

Ok guys this is where I really need help.

When it comes to the main quest I am pretty decent with dialogue etc

When it comes to idles and conversation I am rubbish

I need conversation and idles and hello goodbyes and combat lines for

Cohen

Bethan

Nobby Nobs

Sam Vimes

Angua Von Uberwald

Moist Von Lipwig

Rufus Drumknot

Fred Colon

Maybe some for Vetinari

Help me out here! hell i can add 500 lines so don't be shy

Guest Ragna_Rok

uhm, hey, DD, one hand washes the other.. its a german figure of speach. so, i basically started working on my first (any most likley last) little quest mod. how the fuck did you make that guy in dragon-break 2 ... uhm... see-through? you know, the dude carying my custom-axe... i need sth similar for my quest (except its supposed to be in green) ... i tried for 2 days, failed miserably, and thought id ask you before taking a scalpell and ripping your mod to pieces.. so, buddy, any advice?

Guest Ragna_Rok

pls dont get me wrong, i dont plan on sth huge, all i wanna have is a couple of custom orc-skeletons wearing some of my orc-stuff to appear in that orange tone you use in dd2.. except its supposed to be green. i just finished another batch of weapons, my "destroyer" is a part of those, and alll i try is one last mod that gives it to u after u pas a test (im level 242 and i intend to make it difficult.. high end stuff, u know..) ... pls help :)

add a script to the actor in the actor window or you can actually add it to them by double clicking themin the render window, type in the search ghost and there should be a script defaultghost blah blah

That script points to a few fx texture files and one of them points at a diffuse dds that you have to modify, probably easier if you load db2 and un BSA it grab the dds already there and copy the fx whatevers i made new in db2. if you jsut copy them with your esp loaded and mine it wont slave yours to mine it will just fully copy them then you can point the ghost scripts propertys to the db2 ghost shaders etc

that was probably terrible but I just woke up so bleh

Guest Ragna_Rok

happens, i went out and was fucking drunk when i wrote that... my monthly-enjoy-beer-day...

thx a lot for advice, cheers buddy :)

ps: its like a mine... where folks dig a little looking for orichalcum, and then they found an ancient orc-tomb, will work on some custom skeletons and ghosts for that one... with an orc armored skeleton hero sitting on a skull throne, and when you get close, the ghost challenges you for his goodies as a reward... not sure if i even will get it to work, clocks tickin, 2 weeks and hell unleashes in my studies... well, i try ;) thx again :)

• 2 weeks later...

Well after a few week break its about time I start going back psycho on this shit

Expect frequent updates until I go on vacation

Say hello to Inma the mended drum innkeeper

And now we typecast IF U HAZ ACCENT welcome to the world of argonian or khajiit hehehe

Oh and as a update

Alpha build is pushed a hair till mid April due to a vegas vacation and the likes

What will be in the alpha build

Intro quest to transport player to Discworld

First part of Cohens quest where he inadvertently saves bethan

First part of Going Postal questline

Snuff Questline, first part of the watch questlines

Sidequest involving a peculiar small god and the aftermath of her reign of terror on one poor girl  -Not directly related to small gods but a writing of our own-

Sidequest for a bartender in Lancre to make a magical weapon

Doesnt seem like a shitload but once you see the dungeons etc it is about 5 hours minimum of shit :P

WTF

I have now decided I can never be as amazing creative as these obviously coked up people I quit

Oh great.... I though i forgot about this song, and now I can't stop singing in my head, and it's going to be like that for at least a week, like every time...

how long has it been since i'm haunted by this song ? a year ? even more maybe?

Damn, I already see the fat-faceless woman coming for what's left of my brain, riding her rainbow-pooping velociraptor :-/

Sorry, I have to go, my people needs me...

PON PON WAY WAY WAY !!! PON PON WAY PON WAY PON PON !!!!

Did I call you a turnip yet?

I SO want to sig this :D . *PERMISSION ASKING AM I*

Though the voice acting in both Vija mods is quite grating, the horrors i have experienced IRL has often times been much worse..... If not quite as Swedish. I suppose I am quite lucky to be as desensitized to such things.

But her skyrim version makes for an excellent side kick character, with semi-interesting conversations and side-quests. Also non-immersion breaking item disposal/selling/shopping options, and singing/buffs do make her a good bard for the party. 

And she does come with an option to shut off the voice so it's not all that bad.

And she's not exactly essential so quick save + death = easy stress relief.

Currently playing Dragon break ep2  and I'm loving the voice acting. :)

Just want to wish you good luck for this thing and, hopefully I'll be done with Wyrmstooth and Falskarr by the time this gets released.

Well you got probably till the end of the year'ish depending on when we decide to full release it 

ALpha builds will be periodically released for a day or so at a time for testing and feedback

Bards are satan

And yes you can make that your sig

lol

Well.. I just ran the first dungeon in god mode no scenes etc

45 min

i lost count at 25+ draugr overlords and 90+ draugr 20+ bandits 15+ spiders and 75+ traps and 14+ hidden lever doors

Estimated completion time for a normal run at lvl 20 2.0 hours

Estimated completion time for a augmented difficulty run 47 hours

Estimated completion run for normal with scenes for Cohen and Bethan etc 2.5 hours

Thoughts?

I think it may be too difficult personally but omfg is the dungeon epic as all hell, will probably leave it as is for alpha mid april and see what ppl bitch about rofl, maybe weed a few draugr out over time

Raawwrrrr

Anyone working on or interested in working on the following would be helpful

Sapient pear wood chest

Susan's hair

Any custom weapons

Any custom armors

Any custom anything lol

A proper wizards outfit or at least hat for rincewind. Must have "wizard" on the hat

A proper postmaster hat

Maybe a custom outfit for granny weatherwax

Maybe a custom tourist outfit for twoflower

All I can think of offhand

Raawwrrrr

Anyone working on or interested in working on the following would be helpful

Sapient pear wood chest

Susan's hair

Any custom weapons

Any custom armors

Any custom anything lol

A proper wizards outfit or at least hat for rincewind. Must have "wizard" on the hat

A proper postmaster hat

Maybe a custom outfit for granny weatherwax

Maybe a custom tourist outfit for twoflower

All I can think of offhand

Thought you had someone for the luggage - been AWOL for a while so not up to date, but anyways if the luggage is still up for grabs I will attempt to get someone who is an expert in feet n heels (probs not hard to guess who) onto it :)  An awesome luggage would probs be the best thing you could make for this for mod as so iconic.  Problem is I can see this as requiring a lush 3d modeller for the chest, a foot modeller and a coder/animator to make it hang together - to make that bad boy work I think you may need a team dude...

I know a foot guy.  You get the chest and animator/coder and chances are you get a superb luggage - also means your mod becomes Legendary.

Meantime I will sit on the sidelines trying to look wise whilst really wondering wtf is going on.  Don't worry though, this is quite normal behaviour for me.

Also in relation to a dungeon taking multiple hours to complete - No

No No No No nO No Nooooo NO Noooo Noo No

Even in vanilla I thought some were too large - you want to be able to dive in and out in a free period from wife/hubby/kids/tortoise and have some fun without it taking a major chunk of your day so I think an hour max - if someone wants mega difficulty then fine chuck in whatever, but for vanilla I think anything over an hour is probs too long for someone just wanting to have some casual fun, get out and sell loot.  Just my 2c so feel free to ignore obv

Archived