[WIP] Skyrim Discworld, ALPHA TRAILER, 9/15/14

DDproductions83

Ok we are doing a custom arena with 2 announcers ALA Fable, with a custom arena set for each fight, we have 12 awesome ass ones already but are looking for at least 20

Reward is nice to and fits any class so wooooooo but not spoiling that

So anybody got any wacky funny combos of fights you would like to see?

With modifiers, like fight 1 is 27 dwemer spiders with 10% health and 300% move speed

Round 2 is frost trolls in a ice arena and plaers move speed is reduced to 40% the whole fight

First Boss fight is a GIANT spider that spawns 2 babies every 15 seconds until killed

Stuff like that

We are going to try for BOO ghosts, we actually had a cool workaround to detect when the player is looking at them

So ya

Alpha is getting pushed more and more, not due to production but due to overproduction on the mod

Recently got permission to use a few more custom dungeons so adding mroe and more as well as the arena, a Hamlet questline, and stuffs

So it's looking like maybe a month or so depending on work and if we can reign ourselves in enough :)

But prob close to a 15 hour mark of playable shit

Can get with the 'America Fuck yeah!' song as that makes me laugh  - as for military credits understand your view, and was suprised at your temperate response - was expecting way worse than pineapples ;)

For fun battles I think there should be a battle with lots of mini trolls, like a hoard of them which are basically shit, but all you can hear is them complaining about random shit - was going to do that for my shop mod, and may still do but if you want to have that joke in then go for it :)

Lol and even have some of the trolls fight each other. Will add it to the list that involves such fights as "thaumatergist maxwell and the dread knight Roberts" where everytime Roberts dies he comes back stronger till max goes down and the commentators keep making pricess bride jokes

And calm response my ass, every major credited person in the mod just got the option to add their fav author to the special thanks list AND a dedication to a military person of their choice. Soo AMERIHKA FUCK YA

I'll see your 10$ and raise you one tactical warhead

Updated Intro Credits

With extra dedications to piss off every Murika Hater and retard out there

Will have a trailer/teaser video up probably by tomorrow or late today, waiting on voice overs, doing a mild parody of the original Skyrim trailer

To self bump

ESP just cracked 15mb

GIGGIDY

few hundred megs in voice files

only 450 lines or so, so far lol

Havent put in any of the idles etc that's all just from the quest scenes etc 

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Also need a second voice for the announcers in the arena if anyones interested, no real 'acting' required as it's just commentators like in fable

Guest Ragna_Rok

my bad, i couldnt help... damn alcohol and skyrim modding, you know... im gonna erase the post now, for sake of peace :)

I'm debating streaming some of the mod creation lol 

Saw some other guys streaming for some mod thats large scale and they made me look like the USS enterprise was in a race with A'tuin, sooooooo slow

Only thing is I dont have a webcam and well I'm lazy as all fuck

But if you need any help with something feel free to ask

I take so many shortcuts though I'm surprised anything I do works

Well we are getting close

So far 6 quests fully completed and as far as I can tell Vanilla bug free

One of these days I will do the without player.setscale 4, tgm, and coc'ing to every spot since I cheat and set the coc markers right before everything. And I have a 5000 dmg test weapon

So the quests so far take about 10-15 min each doing that

I have no fucking idea how long the actual mod is as a whole so far cause I'm a cheating whore

Only have one more quest to complete before I am ready to Alpha it, but while we wait on audio I am trying to finish the first 5 fights in the arena and get a Hamlet style quest in game.

Prob should add some outdoor encounters while I'm at it lol

7 quests full implemented and almost 100% voice acted, 90+% bug free and 100% game breaking bug free with Vanilla Skyrim

Initial Cohen quest where he inadvertently saves Bethan (Kind of wanted to do him early because I am doing The Color of Magic and Light Fantastic as my ending massive questline for the mod and I needed to break something up but he does play a part)

Going postal Initial quest is done

A quest with Nobby and Colon is done that has almost nothing to do with any of the books besides the two halfwits getting captured multiple times and creating flaming chicken weapondry

The initial part of Snuff is almost completed

Quest with Dr Daisy completed (No real relation to discworld smile.gif

Quest involving the Small God of Mudcrabs completed

Quest to retrieve a existential sword completed ( Slight relation to Discworld smile.gif

Working on a second Nobby Colon quest involving a magic shop and crazy dungeon antics
Working on the initial quest to launch aspects of The Fifth Elephant where the player helps Angua hunt down a group of werewolfs eating humans, mention of Wolfgang is there
Working on a hamlet inspired quest, nothing really to do with Discworld
Working on stage two of Going Postal but lacking ideas on how to proceed lol, might hold off till phase 2
Working on finishing off the Arena first 5 fights
Working on second part of Snuff involving Wee Mad Aurther

All in all we are probably looking at 15+ hours of gameplay with repeat visits to areas bearing fruit as the second Nobby and Colon quest gets the player the "Distort Reality" spell, which, when used at areas designated by a specific magic glow, create new passageways and such to new areas to explore and treasure troves and unique boss fights

Looking forward to a Alpha and will start wrapping it up as soon as a few more key quests are 100%

*sigh*

Well due to a great rule on nexus (Amist their 50000 rules in the TOS) I cannot host a Temporary alpha build on their site, gg rtards.

So I will most likely host it via my business dropbox when we are ready and just link it here and on the various forums I have it posted on

Also.. I am hesitant to do this as it is not 100% voice acted etc, and some of the characters have my voice saying stupid shit things like "I'm sid love me hug me"

or Cohen who just says "Blah blah blah Cohen"

But here ya go, the road so far, takes 1.5 hours and if you notice I skip everything possible and am running at 300% speed soooo ya lol

I was streaming for a couple of the VA's and anytime I pause for a bit it's me taking notes for bugs to fix like subtitles and the like, but as a whole it fucking played out almost 100% perfect, minus the time moist decided to reset his entire scene package and run off like a bitch, but that's a whole nother story.

Also Moist's intro wasnt finished yet but bleh, piddly things

Oh and now Angua transforms to a werewolf for a few seconds and one line in the cave

Also working on having angua go werewolf 20% chance on combat start, so she will be fun :P

Also Facetints not fixed, Angua looks like crap, I know I know blonde blah blah, I was lazy and used a shitty redguard

http://www.twitch.tv/maveric83eq/b/530049981

Ok 2 things

Firstly, I need a F'ing banana as a weapon, any takers?  It's linked to a existential sword than randomly makes people dissapear and also randomly changes into a 1dmg banana weapon that you can give to the librarian in exchange for a spell if you can get it to him before it changes back into a sword

Second

Sapient Pearwood chest

I was wondering if there was a way to modify one of the skeletons in game to just have the legs and feet portion and have like 5 of those so we could then modify a trunk mesh with just feet assets and so on and so forth, then it would use vanilla assets and while it wouldnt be hundreds of feet it would be more what we are looking for and could be added in as a character

I will probably painfully attempt to do so in the next few weeks and start hating myself for trying but meh, gotta learn somehow I guess

Was just seeing if anyone more knowledgeable than me in this department could chime in

Ok now I know this is possible lol (I got bored)

I basically just made a custom race, made the chest the torso element, removed head removed arms, and when I tried to edit feet in the nif to add more feet they will never add on the character though if I add the nif as a static I see all the extra feet

I can only guess that this is because the skeleton perchance? 

And yes the chest was walking around on its two feet and I could control it like a actor etc

SO all I need to figure out now is how to add more feet and make sure they are animated

Comon I did that in less than a hour someone come along and mop up the last little bit I can't figure out plox!

Archived