[Unofficial] Bodyslide 2/Outfit Studio Tutorials

Please convert this glorious outfit http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/59399/?

Working on it since it came out.

To fix black parts / weirdness, try opening in nifskope, right clicking each armor part in the block list and choosing mesh > face normals. Then in the menu from top of the window, spells > batch > update all tangent spaces. Then save it.

Or use BodySlide v2.1b+. Some meshes might need "Shape -> Smooth Seam Normals" disabled. Not many though.

To fix black parts / weirdness, try opening in nifskope, right clicking each armor part in the block list and choosing mesh > face normals. Then in the menu from top of the window, spells > batch > update all tangent spaces. Then save it.

Or use BodySlide v2.1b+. Some meshes might need "Shape -> Smooth Seam Normals" disabled. Not many though.

Neither one didn't work.

Nifskope gives a bunch of error messages and makes the saved meshes completely broken, meaning that the game crashes once you equip those items. Same goes with the OS.

"Smooth Seam Normals"  does what I anticipated from it, nothing.

I'm out of ideas, so if anyone has time to check the meshes for me, I would appreciate it.

Original chsbhc.nif

Converted 7B.nif

Hey guys,

quick question regarding outfit studio. I really hope somebody is reading this, even on thread page 53.

I'm trying to convert the Aradia Leather Thief outfit from UNPB to SeveNBase Bombshell, following this thread (http://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/1281867-os-tutorial-anything-to-anything-conversion/).

Here's what the armor looks like in NIFskope:

qodipx.png

After loading the armor with the "UNPB to CBBE" conversion base shape, Outfit Studio gives me this:

zthkj.png

... so, obviously, something went wrong. If I had to guess I would say that this extreme mismatch is due to the High Heel system that is used by the UNPB armor. So... how to fix this? Is it okay to move the reference shape *down* to match the position of the armor, or will that cause trouble later? The armor itself consists of ~10 shapes, so I would like to avoid having to move them one by one.

Sorry if I sound a bit noob-ish, never done this before, but I really like that armor and I would love to see it on my SeveNBase character.

Thanks,

Alan

Hey guys,

quick question regarding outfit studio. I really hope somebody is reading this, even on thread page 53.

I'm trying to convert the Aradia Leather Thief outfit from UNPB to SeveNBase Bombshell, following this thread (http://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/1281867-os-tutorial-anything-to-anything-conversion/).

Here's what the armor looks like in NIFskope:

qodipx.png

After loading the armor with the "UNPB to CBBE" conversion base shape, Outfit Studio gives me this:

zthkj.png

... so, obviously, something went wrong. If I had to guess I would say that this extreme mismatch is due to the High Heel system that is used by the UNPB armor. So... how to fix this? Is it okay to move the reference shape *down* to match the position of the armor, or will that cause trouble later? The armor itself consists of ~10 shapes, so I would like to avoid having to move them one by one.

Sorry if I sound a bit noob-ish, never done this before, but I really like that armor and I would love to see it on my SeveNBase character.

Thanks,

Alan

I don't know EXACTLY how HDT High Heels works, but when I look at the NifSkope screenshot, I can see that both the body and armor are moved down.

So I guess it's fine to move the body down in Outfit Studio using Shape -> Move Shape? If it doesn't work, try it the other way around, aka moving the armor.

@Cell: Thank you. For now, I tried to move the armor upwards and match the reference shape.

Insights of the evening:

1) That armor looks simple, but is actually freaking complicated, mesh-whise.

2) Outfit Studio has some non-intuitive steps (conform this, conform that, copy that...), but overall its a really awesome tool!

... the conversion is basically done now, I just need to find the courage to test it in-game to see if my efforts during the last 2 hours were wasted or not XD

Please convert this glorious outfit http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/59399/?

And... how many approximately wait?)

And... how many approximately wait?)

It's out on the Nexus for some time. :)

I am experimenting with Outfit Studio, in an attempt to get a better-looking pregnancy body. However, when I export the .nif and reload it, my edits are gone. What am I doing wrong?

attachicon.gif initial.jpgattachicon.gif edited.jpgattachicon.gif exporting.jpg

Were you loading the body through "Load Reference"? Try loading it with "Load Outfit", edit and export.

Hi guys,

So I've been having some trouble with a .nif that I downloaded from https://docs.google.com/file/d/0BxCRmByIuypibFU3VHpPLW96NWM/edit. I've been trying to fix it for the past few days and I just can't get my head around it. I'm new to the whole nifskope program but I know that something is wrong with the cuirass_1.nif that I'm trying to use. When I open it with nifskope it gives me a long list of errors. I've tried following guide 0 but when I use "batch"->"Make all skin partitions" it gives me "bad niskindata - some vertices have no weights at all". I'm not sure what this means? Am I suppose to add vertices and weights? If so could someone guide me on how to do this.

Also, I tried to assign body parts to partitions but I couldn't expand partitions in "Block Details" of BSDismemberSkinInstance.

Here is a picture if it's any help: http://imgur.com/pOoMKb6. Could this be a corrupted .nif?

If anyone could identify the problem or even fix it that would be great :)

Sorry if I'm missing anything obvious as mentioned above, I'm new to how nifskope works. Also if this is the wrong thread to be posting this, please direct me to to correct thread >.<

• 2 weeks later...

I've had a minor issue with the exported files on an outfit I've been trying to convert to TBBP. 

I can't quite explain the stretching that's going on with the thighs, but here's an image... Don't quite know what's causing it.

Image:

I fixed it. I just copied one too many weights, shouldn't have done that. My bad everyone. :P 

oynLWEe.jpg

You know....I NEVER thought I would EVER come across another program as stubbornly aggravating as Blender....but this is coming darn close! No matter how many times I point it at my body nif, it won't load the slider sets I used to create it. And yes, I followed step 4 to create a drop down menu item for the body I created....

You know....I NEVER thought I would EVER come across another program as stubbornly aggravating as Blender....but this is coming darn close! No matter how many times I point it at my body nif, it won't load the slider sets I used to create it. And yes, I followed step 4 to create a drop down menu item for the body I created....

You have to load the slider set XML file using "Load Project", not the NIF, to make sliders show up. Thanks for the love.

hey guys can I get a little help here.

using: bodyslide 2 ver 2.2b

I'm having some neck seam problems when I convert a CHSBHC bbp weighted armor to a CBBE non-bbp weight that is bodyslide 2 compatible.

the neck seam mostly goes away when the weight is at 100 but it is noticeable at weight-0.

I am also having some clipping issues with my conversions so if you know how to fix that too then it would be great!

and finally I can't seem to get the TBBP and HDT right because whenever the characters breast moves then the breast clips through the armor.

If anybody can help me with these issues it would be a great help.

Hi,

I have some trouble with BodySlide2/outfit Studio. I will try to explain, but I don't speak english very well, sorry.

It's simple, when I open Outfit Studio with the button on the bottom right corner and start a new project and when I load a .nif file, I have after that a black screen for 2-3 seconds and a Windows alert :

"The display driver no longer responding and was recovered" (It's a Google trad :x)  ( in French : "Le pilote d'affichage ne répondait plus et a été récupéré")

BodySlide 2 Crash and must be kill.

I am under Windows 7, and have an AMD Radeon HD 5700  up to date

I was looking for, but I only found that it was maybe an hardware problem, but I never have this kind of windows alert with any other program, I can play many big 3d game without any trouble, It only happens with BodySlide 2 and the preview of the OutfitStudio (It appen with Unity3D too, in a web brother)

I don't know what to doo, and from where the problem come. If any one have an idea. Something to set in AMD Catalyst Control Center ?

I need guidance on how to install a converted armor mod into Bodyslide using MO. I've read so many now my brain hurts and I'm probably doing something stupid. Could you point me to good step by step guide just for this, cause I stuck.  So far this is what I've done.
1.installed the armor thru MO. 2. paste the shapedata and slidersets into bodyslide. 3. build my body and save the preset and name it with the armor name. 4. open the xml file of the preset I just made and paste in <Group name="CBAdvanced Bodies" />.  Is this correct up to this point? From here I'm lost. Any help would be appreciated.

First, follow the troubleshooting guide on the Nexus mod page on how to install BodySlide with MO.

Installing addons for BodySlide is as simply as having them below BodySlide in your data load order in MO. No copy/pasting required.

Then, save your preset (you can just select the CBAdvanced group), build your body and batch build your outfits.

First, follow the troubleshooting guide on the Nexus mod page on how to install BodySlide with MO.

Installing addons for BodySlide is as simply as having them below BodySlide in your data load order in MO. No copy/pasting required.

Then, save your preset (you can just select the CBAdvanced group), build your body and batch build your outfits.

Thanks for responding Cell. I've read many of your threads and appreciate all your work.

That is simple and easy to understand. I followed nexus guide while installing BS2 with no problem. I installed a custom HDT body preset without issue. I installed remodeled armor and converted all of them with no problem. For some reason I'm missing something. So, I cleaned out all files I had moved to BS2. Verified my

install order,  armor esps are checked, ran loot.

Opened BS and selected CBBE body HDT. Under groups I select only CBAdvanced. Under preset I select my custom body preset (sliders already set to my taste). Hit build button, then batch build and deselect all the non-nude options and close BS. When in game the armors are unchanged.