Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted
3 hours ago, ElvesOu said:

The issue has been resolved; it was my mistake.

I'm curious what was behind it exactly, plus it might be useful if anyone ever encounters something similar - so you would you mind posting what was it? ☺️

Posted
1 hour ago, Taki17 said:
5 hours ago, ElvesOu said:

The issue has been resolved; it was my mistake.

I'm curious what was behind it exactly, plus it might be useful if anyone ever encounters something similar - so you would you mind posting what was it? ☺️

It’s quite simple: I likely translated parts of the script file that shouldn't have been translated—perhaps variable names—though I’m not sure exactly which line caused the issue, as I reverted several lines to the original text during troubleshooting. I only know for certain that the problem originated within `din_Main.pex`. In any case, the game worked fine once I reverted those lines, so the mistake was entirely mine. Also, I only translated this for my own personal use and nothing else; I hope you don't mind. Finally, since English isn't my native language, I hope the text generated by the translation tool makes sense—haha.

  • 2 weeks later...
Posted (edited)

This mod seems to have a line ("Off with you, slave. Don't bother your Jarl.") that plays if the DB is in heavy bondage. This seems to screw up a few events in other mods (the pet suit game from DF and SLTR comes to mind, where you have to speak to the Jarl to advance the event). Does one of the MCM options govern this?

Edited by GreenDivide
Posted
On 8/10/2026 at 12:24 PM, GreenDivide said:

Does one of the MCM options govern this?

As far as I recall, it ain't configurable.

It's intended as safeguard against starting quests where you may end up soft-locked when wearing heavy restraints. I might revisit the option, if there's a more compatible alternative in mind.

Posted

I'm currently working on the next update, v0.94 and it's looking like a pretty thorough overhaul for a lot of the underlying systems of the mod. And since there'll be major some major changes anyway, I wanted to ask your opinions on a specific one that I'm deliberating making:

 

Currently, the config menu for features is split like this: quick feature toggles on the left, feature parameters for fine-tuning on the right. I'm considering doing away with this view, and grouping all settings and toggles in under the same features that they belong to. Question is: which one do you think is the easiest to use, and the cleanest to look at?

Posted
18 hours ago, David Willers said:

Do the whore licenses also work with sexlab survial whore liscences feature?

Does it say in the description that it does?

  • 3 weeks later...
Posted

is there a way to only have males proivde the dialogue? i run a skyrim where most females are enslaved, dosent make sense they would also comment and lead to unfavorable outcomes with the PC. 

Posted
11 hours ago, Lusciouslochs said:

is there a way to only have males proivde the dialogue?

As a workaround, you can whip up a SPID rule to add all relevant females to the zadDialogueDisable faction.

Posted (edited)
On 8/17/2026 at 1:52 PM, Taki17 said:

I'm currently working on the next update, v0.94 and it's looking like a pretty thorough overhaul for a lot of the underlying systems of the mod. And since there'll be major some major changes anyway, I wanted to ask your opinions on a specific one that I'm deliberating making:

 

Currently, the config menu for features is split like this: quick feature toggles on the left, feature parameters for fine-tuning on the right. I'm considering doing away with this view, and grouping all settings and toggles in under the same features that they belong to. Question is: which one do you think is the easiest to use, and the cleanest to look at?

 

Hi!

 

The second, please!  A bit like 'Licenses' and such like 🙂 But only if it's easy to do. No need to bust a gut on it

 

Probably of more importance, though, Is your rework likely to fix/enhance follower involvement? egs

 

1 - the 'one and only shadowing first follower' thing?  I've got a new game, with the phantom follower 👻 still appearing 'in spirit, but not in body', so to speak, and I constantly have to remember just why! 😂

 

and

 

2 - will you maybe, please, be able to get current 'present' followers properly included in the action scenes too!? 

 

The rest of your mod is too good to pass by just because of that omission, but adding that in would be a great upgrade, especially as the latest version of 'Sexy Adventures', which itself actually has fairly good follower handling, can break your game very very badly!  Catastrophically even, as I recently found out 🙄   An absolutely major pain in the butt

 

EDIT: 3  Have you thought on adding in the new Leash Framework, so that as one outcome, an interacting NPC - maybe with a built in schedule? - could attach a leash to the NPC and take them around for a specifiable number of hours as a 'pet' to satisfy their - specifiable? - periodic needs for 'relief'?  Or even the needs of other passer by NPCs.  That could be funny.  Add in the player's followers too and you could have a harem on a daisy chain of, or individual, leashes.  Adding in a specifiable possibility not to free them at the end of the period, but to pass them on to another NPC would be funny too.    The idea of the player being taken round Skyrim by one of the Khajit Caravans is quite funny.  They could even sell them on to Hydra's Slavers ... Better stop before my imagination overloads 🔥....

 

Whatever, thanks for the mod and your efforts, and look forward to seeing what you come up with

 

DQW

 

Edited by DonQuiWho
Posted
2 hours ago, DonQuiWho said:

The second, please!  A bit like 'Licenses' and such like 

Thanks for the input! You've been the only one so far, but I will take it into consideration ☺️

 

2 hours ago, DonQuiWho said:

 the 'one and only shadowing first follower' thing? 

I've already added safeguards against that happening the unreleased version, so hopefully that does away with the issue!

 

2 hours ago, DonQuiWho said:

get current 'present' followers properly included in the action scenes too!? 

I'm unsure what you mean, please elaborate? Followers can already be affected by certain events and outcomes, like being restrained or getting involved in sex scenes.

 

2 hours ago, DonQuiWho said:

Have you thought on adding in the new Leash Framework

I know of leash framework, however I don't think it fits into this mod. Everything you describe is better placed in something else, it's just not within the scope of this mod.

Posted
45 minutes ago, Taki17 said:

Thanks for the input! You've been the only one so far, but I will take it into consideration ☺️

Whatever you're happy with will be fine

 

I've already added safeguards against that happening the unreleased version, so hopefully that does away with the issue!

Great!

 

I'm unsure what you mean, please elaborate? Followers can already be affected by certain events and outcomes, like being restrained or getting involved in sex scenes.

Hmmmm!  I'll revisit my current settings, and also play a bit longer.  The current game is 'newish' so I may just have been unlucky.  Maybe the phantom from afar is messing it up.  I'll have to dismiss, and/or maybe kill them too, and see what happens then

 

I know of leash framework, however I don't think it fits into this mod. Everything you describe is better placed in something else, it's just not within the scope of this mod.

Fair enough.  But if you're the dog looking at the moon, it doesn't seem right not to howl nicely once in a while 😜

 

Thanks for the reply.  Thoughts interlined above

 

DQW

  • 2 weeks later...
Posted (edited)

@Taki17

 

EDITED later to provide some additional clarity

 

I'm puzzled about something EDIT which only seems to happen when restraints have been added by actions which seems to be emanating from this mod, and I am wondering if it might be related to that weird 'process the 'first added' follower - and only that one - even if not now present' issue that we discussed a while ago

 

I use the Devious Device Helpers mod to allow followers to unlock restraints, if the player or follower has a restrain etc key. 

 

This is something that is useful to prevent having to back right out of dungeons etc when caught up in DD NG devices, albeit with the risk factor of setting limited follower inventory numbers - so that they keys can 'run out' or be 'stolen' so that it is possible to get stuck and either have to back out to find blacksmiths etc or keep looking for keydrops at risk of adding more restraints

 

Normally the mod works fine - it has done so for literally years!

 

But it (DDH) seems unable to find any keys for current followers after restraints have been added by what seems to be a DI event , irrespective of whether or not the player or currently present follower(s) have the required keys in their inventories -incl all of Restraint, Chastity and Piercing Removal keys

 

TBH, as I am writing this, I realised that I probably need to go back and check if this is still true if I exclude follower handling by DI completely - I still am getting on screen messages referring to her even when she is waiting miles away!

 

IIRC, that issue was something you hoped to look at if you updated this mod at some point, so I've mentioned it here as something else to consider should you manage to do that

 

I'll let you know if the 'problem' 'goes away' if I disable follower handling.  It would be a pity if that's what it is, as this is much better - and even far safer to use - than some of the other similar mods

 

EDIT:  I have now changed the Follower in 'Free Use' handling from 'PASSIVE' to 'NEITHER' but that still doesn't seem to fix the problem.  It's possible that it's another mod, but the issue always seems to happen after a Devious Interest Free Use Event 

 

FWIW, I've attached the latest log  showing a DI Guard intervention and the subsequent Devious Device Helpers hiccough (search for DDH for what it does, or doesn't do)

 

Hope this is useful

 

DQW

 

 Papyrus.1.log

Edited by DonQuiWho
Posted
16 hours ago, DonQuiWho said:

But it (DDH) seems unable to find any keys for current followers after restraints have been added by what seems to be a DI event , irrespective of whether or not the player or currently present follower(s) have the required keys in their inventories -incl all of Restraint, Chastity and Piercing Removal keys

I'm unsure if I'm understanding it correctly, so please do tell if this is what's happening:

  • with DDH, you are able to get followers to help the player out of restraints, provided they are given keys beforehand or keys are present in the player's inventory
  • you have appropriate keys in the player's/follower's inventory
  • a DIN event ties up the player
  • you ask an applicable follower to untie the player, using the keys
  • it fails

Is that correct?

 

If so, what happens when you are 100% sure the player is not bound by a DIN event, but something else or you equip and lock an item on the player? Will the unlock still fail?

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, Taki17 said:

I'm unsure if I'm understanding it correctly, so please do tell if this is what's happening:

  • with DDH, you are able to get followers to help the player out of restraints, provided they are given keys beforehand or keys are present in the player's inventory NO
  • you have appropriate keys in the player's/follower's inventory YES
  • a DIN event ties up the player YES - and after palying again today, that still happened after turning off 'Free Use'
  • you ask an applicable follower to untie the player, using the keys YES
  • it fails YES

Is that correct? YES

 

If so, what happens when you are 100% sure the player is not bound by a DIN event, but something else or you equip and lock an item on the player? Will the unlock still fail? NO

 

Thanks for replying!

 

It's weird.  And here's my log from earlier today.  DDH fails when the player is equipped with items by what seems - as far as I can tell - a DIN event

 

Interestingly, an approach to a blacksmith WILL remove the items for a fee, which is variable depending on what the restraint is

 

If DIN doesn't do that, then my apologies, as it would then seem to be from another mod, but, on balance at the moment it seems to be DIN generated events/restraints that are causing the issue.  I should be happy to be shown to be wrong, and then pointed to another cause! 😊  

 

As stated, attached is the log from today's gameplay, showing the DDH failures, and the events preceding them

 

DQW

 

Papyrus.1 - Copy Possible or probable DIN and DDH Issues .log

Edited by DonQuiWho
Posted

Suggestions go into this thread, right? Cause there's one thing that'd make the mod so very much cooler for me: bondage themes.

 

As it is now, when NPCs offer to lock Dragonborn in bondage, the result is very random, and can look disjointed. 

But if each time this offer is made, a particular theme is defined, such as "iron chains", or "transparent ebonite", or "red leather", or "pony", or "pet", etc, the end result can look like a coordinated ensemble.

 

And then there could be a lot of growth building on this feature.

Like, the current theme could be exposed to the player among their Dragonborn's powers, and particular themes could be enabled or disabled via MCM.

The player could be asked if they want to change the theme, or pick one from several options, when a new NPC bondage offer is made (potentially: if such feedback is enabled in MCM).

When NPCs add restraints to an already bound Dragonborn, they could account for the current theme.

NPCs could have dialog accounting for the current theme, including during the bondage scene itself.

Themes could then be further fine-tuned, like "black catsuit underlayer", "red ebonite bindings", "golden chastity devices", with bondage scene dialog accounting for that.

 

I believe something like that used to be a feature in the old Deviously Cursed Loot, back in the day?

Posted (edited)
On 9/22/2026 at 11:53 AM, danvolodar said:

bondage themes

...

I believe something like that used to be a feature in the old Deviously Cursed Loot, back in the day?

This was easily doable in like DD3 and DD4 as far as I recall, since all items were registered as script properties, categorically, and it was rather easy to maintain, since there wasn't this many items in the first place.

 

However, unless someone develops a universal item theme system in runtime for DDNG, I have no interest in doing it myself for my mod only, since it's much beyond the complexity than it's worth for me.

 

Exhibit A as to why:

 

On 9/22/2026 at 11:53 AM, danvolodar said:

NPCs could have dialog accounting for the current theme, including during the bondage scene itself.

Themes could then be further fine-tuned, like "black catsuit underlayer", "red ebonite bindings", "golden chastity devices", with bondage scene dialog accounting for that.

The amount of conditions that'd need to be checked for a dialogue like this, combinations included, sounds like a nightmare to maintain.

 

Edited by Taki17

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...