The greatest metal-song ever.

Thelargir

Today's metal is far too processed and refined to be considered 'brutal' imo. Too many also focus on the more exotic guitar scales instead of the groove and feel found in blues rock; the genre that birthed metal to begin with. To me, brutal is hearing something that sounds like their equipment is on the verge of failure and gives off a raw, grueling sound but maintains a sense of style. This is why I listen to sludge/doom/stoner and occasionally some thrash as they remain true to metal's root influence.

You haven't heard over-produced metal until you've heard melodic metalcore.

• 4 weeks later...

I totally agree with WASP as One of the Legends of Metal, though the choice of song... not even close!!!  Chainsaw Charlie... Wild Child... Animal and how can you not mention "DEAD or ROCK"?!  Sorry.. huge WASP fan here :D but lets not forget Judas Priest... Metallica... Ronnie James Dio or even ... shall I dare say it... OZZY!!! I cant remember how many speakers I had blown listening to the Diary of a Madman album ( Yes, a vinyl :P) !!! and I have to give an honorable mention  to Sebastian Bach's Slave to the Grind album.... I still get goosebumps cranking that one UP. :D LONG LIVE METAL!!!!

As for my Favorite song of all time... WOW!!! GNR "You could be Mine" ... OR ... OzzY "Diary of a Madman"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=CzB5hFINC_k

Today's metal is far too processed and refined to be considered 'brutal' imo. Too many also focus on the more exotic guitar scales instead of the groove and feel found in blues rock; the genre that birthed metal to begin with. To me, brutal is hearing something that sounds like their equipment is on the verge of failure and gives off a raw, grueling sound but maintains a sense of style. This is why I listen to sludge/doom/stoner and occasionally some thrash as they remain true to metal's root influence.

Words of wisdom.

Here's one of my favourite metal tracks:

Although Bleed is great song. OP's version sounds like Bolt Thrower.

hmmm how about I add some exotic stuff to this conversation

I honestly haven't heard any metal like this before...I have all their albums they are all awesome!

Satan's bloody asshole, that was awesome!  I can't beleive I've never heard of those guys before, but I'm sure glad I have now.  Thank you, brother!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived