The greatest metal-song ever.

Thelargir

Guest Ragna_Rok

hm.... ahaaaa, so we talk more about... ooookay, gimme a second ....

edit: who says theres no french metal :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LdSsBwf_L9M

*another great occasion for some shameless self advertising*

you love metal? you love skulls? you love the ultimate metal-fingers \m/ ? ... you... also play skyrim? ... well, today is your lucky day!

---> click here for "Ragna-Rok's stuff for real Berserkers" <----- 

the biggest load of skully brutal awesomeness in the webz! ... 60 weapons in one mod! 18 complete retextures! (and of course black is one of them)

you think youve seen brutal... lets say... waraxes? ... i say: fuck that shit, you havent wielded real metal until you checked out my crap! ... like that beast here --->

post-302208-0-38678600-1388708419_thumb.jpg

*ends advertising* ... l8er folks ;)

There are many "brutal" Metal songs out there. I find myself having hard time to decide who the winner is.

But, one song that is always close to my yeart is this one:

What makes it special is, this was recorded live around 1986-87

I was a fan of WASP back in the day. It was perfectly dirty and rough for an angst-ridden teenager. :D

There are many "brutal" Metal songs out there. I find myself having hard time to decide who the winner is.

But, one song that is always close to my yeart is this one:

What makes it special is, this was recorded live around 1986-87

I was a fan of WASP back in the day. It was perfectly dirty and rough for an angst-ridden teenager. :D

Yeah well, I was born in 1980 so I didn't discover them until late 80's early 90's. But damn, their first albums are just... Pure art.

In a dirty and rough way indeed! Some other albums are extremely good as well, but nothing beats the first ones! :heart:

• 1 month later...

hmmm how about I add some exotic stuff to this conversation

I honestly haven't heard any metal like this before...I have all their albums they are all awesome!

This guy plays i think a 6 string fretless Bass Guitar!!! holy fack! sounds like jazz during the bass solo part of the song...

I love the percussion in this song just amazing those double bass drums

the vocals chill my bones when he sings

Today's metal is far too processed and refined to be considered 'brutal' imo. Too many also focus on the more exotic guitar scales instead of the groove and feel found in blues rock; the genre that birthed metal to begin with. To me, brutal is hearing something that sounds like their equipment is on the verge of failure and gives off a raw, grueling sound but maintains a sense of style. This is why I listen to sludge/doom/stoner and occasionally some thrash as they remain true to metal's root influence.

Archived