I'll get them added to the OP, off the top of my head:

NX_GetQVEVFl -- no idea, jaam?

NX_*EVSt -- strings

NX_GetEV*Ar -- These work just like the other Gets, except they return an NVSE array (stringmap) rather than a single value, e.g.

ref.NX_GetEVFlAr "Sexout::Started"
Will return a stringmap array with all the float values in Started. You're right that the NVSE array things aren't typed like NX vars, but the NX internal representations are, so you need a function for each type. NX cannot return a variant type, except an array.

I will look into making a single untyped NX_GetEVAr, which should be possible, and should work fine.

Edit: ninja'd!

• 1 month later...

I keep getting a message saying "Sexout requires NVSE Extender V14 to function. Please install (correctly)" or something along those lines. I've installed and reinstalled repeatedly, I've tried V15 instead, ive reinstalled the latest NVSE, blah blah etc etc, attempt #20-something and it STILL says I don't have the extender installed. Sorry to bother yall but I could really use some help, 'cuz I'm at a lost now.

That message only comes up when NX is *not* installed. Period.

So if you did install NX, you didn't install it correctly ... 20 times in a row?!

Explain exactly *how* you are installing it.

I'm installing it using the custom fmm suggested. I even reinstalled that too, forget to mention. I know I'm doing something wrong, but can't figure out what...

We aren't going to be able to help you unless you're more specific. List exactly the steps you're performing to do the install, with filenames, etc. Make sure that after the install the files actually exist in data/nvse/plugins/

I was doing research at the same time I was seeking help from yall, and noticed something wrong. Despite redownloading the newest NVSE, I was still using old files. I actually wound up having to redo the NVSE three times before I got the write ones. New files are 800kb+, the old were smaller, in case anyone in the future has that unusual problem. Thank you prideslayer 

• 2 weeks later...

I'd like to revisit a point made by bjornk a while back, in that nx's .csv files are probably better off parked alongside the fallout saves and corresponding .nvse files instead of under DATA\nvse\plugins etc. For one thing, I prefer the silent creep of save files and corresponding stuff to happen on the HDD where my saves get dumped rather than the SSD where my game is installed. And for another, there's the fact that they end up under MO's overwrite folder, where they can get overlooked and imported into whatever mod I may create from there.

Yes DoctaSax I agree. That MO thing can really cause trouble if you don't know what is going on. Also it is related to saves so shouldn't it be with the saves? If someone manually desires to delete the saves from a play through they will still have them lingering around unless they know to search them out and delete them manually.

• 3 months later...

One simple question here, instructions say:

Install the latest BETA of NVSE. As of now, that is NVSE V4.2 beta 2, available here.

Right now NVSE versions are:

• stable 4.5
  • beta 4.6b1

Can I install any of the current versions? Or must be the beta even when the stable is higher than required?

4.5 is better than 4.2.2

there's a bug in 4.6.1 but it only happens if mods use something specific that's new in them. 4.6.2 fixes that

Thanks for the quickly answer, I prefer use the stable version XD. Anyway I'm checking the mods for this "run" and if someone need the 4.6.1 then I'll use the 4.6.2 file u provide.

What part of "at least" or "at a minimum" is so hard for so many to grasp. :(

Also the requirements list in the OP are the requirements for NX, not the requirements (which may be higher -- and probably are) for plugins that use NX.

I've updated the thread OP to link to the beth forum thread for downloads of NVSE rather than continue to fight this battle. ;)

After some year using mod "at least" or "at a minimum" can mean nothing, I prefer be sure and ask for it than ruin an installation XD. I say that because is not the first time a mod require "a specific version" of other mod because new version are not compatible, and we're talking about an old beta release, I've that release saved since the last time I play FNV XD.

Anyway thanks for your work and time ^^ as I said I'll check other mods to be sure of use the right version of NVSE.

After some year using mod "at least" or "at a minimum" can mean nothing,

It means just what it says. NX requires at least NVSE 4.2. 4.2 is far too old for many other things, but for NX on its own (e.g. for a brand new mod built to use NX) it would be fine. I'm not singling you out, you're far from the only person to somehow get "confused" by this.

NX saying it requires at least NVSE 4.2 is just like FONV itself saying it requires at least Windows XP. That doesn't mean it won't run on Vista, Win7, Win8, or Win10.

• 3 weeks later...

FYI I'm actually doing the work now for the conversion from CSV files to a SQLite embedded database. Basic functionality is done, as is loading and converting the CSV files. When this version is released in the next few days there are going to be some additional changes.

The SQL file (nx.db) will be stored alongside the fos/nvse save files rather than in NX's "private" directory, where the CSV files are now.

Other changes to be introduced:

1. The internal map representations of the data will be going away. All NX_SetEV and NX_GetEV functions will talk directly to the database (via "live" tables).

2. A new "clear" function (like NX_Clr*) will be introduced that can clear all values, of all types, from one or all actors. Clearing vars in a prefix from all actors is something that would be ugly to implement in the current system, but is easy with SQL.

3. A side effect of this will be that NX values with the same key, but different types, will collide where they previously couldn't. I've warned about this change coming in the past, but it bears repeating. If you're doing something extremely foolish, like 'NX_SetEVFl "somevar" 1.23' with 'NX_SetEVFo "somevar" someref', the second will now overwrite the first.

FUTURE PLANS

This SQL thing has been a long time coming, but I'm eager to get it in place, as it opens the door to a lot of cool other features that I can make available to modders using NX.

- External access. Other apps could connect and manipulate NX values for a running game in realtime. This could be as simple as a debugging tool that's easier to use than the console, to notification of incoming emails. Whatever people feel like writing.

- Much more powerful NX var manipulation. Eventually I will expose a raw SQL interface from NX itself, that will allow modders to write their own SQL in a mod. Such an interface could eventually replace the NX_Get/Set interface, with each mod getting its own table namespace to store and query whatever sort of data they like.

That's it for now, just wanted to put out a heads up about the upcoming changes. They're long overdue.

There is going to be a side effect of this change (unless there is a large outcry against it) that

Oh I should note there's a collory to #3. All of the values are going to be stored as strings in the database. This means that you will be able to NX_SetEVtype and then NX_GetEVother-type and NX will do the type conversion for you, or a least attempt to do so.

The actual type seen during the Set will be stored alongside the data, so that NX_GetEVAr will still function as normal alongside TypeOf.