[WIP] Alternative Riding Styles [Developement/Idea thread]

fingerscrossed

I am still here, and I still occasionally work on this mod.  I have a tendency to get side tracked (Last couple of times I worked on this, I worked on a system to basically get two characters to ride the same horse, one in the saddle and one in the, well, constraints).  I've had a slew of problems (Like my animation files getting corrupted and finding out that I need to redo some of the mountings in general) and I am not good at creating the equipment for the mountings, so I periodically spend some time trying to make them look good and then scrap them. 

But, I am inching forward.

I am still here, and I still occasionally work on this mod.  I have a tendency to get side tracked (Last couple of times I worked on this, I worked on a system to basically get two characters to ride the same horse, one in the saddle and one in the, well, constraints).  I've had a slew of problems (Like my animation files getting corrupted and finding out that I need to redo some of the mountings in general) and I am not good at creating the equipment for the mountings, so I periodically spend some time trying to make them look good and then scrap them. 

But, I am inching forward.

Every inch counts; keep up the good work. :)

It's great to hear from you again, fingercrossed! It's been a bit of a worry, cause this would be a great mod. :)

Have you considered in seeing if there's some other people with the skills you need who might volunteer to help?

It's great to hear from you again, fingercrossed! It's been a bit of a worry, cause this would be a great mod. :)

Have you considered in seeing if there's some other people with the skills you need who might volunteer to help?

I'm always open to any help that anyone would like to volunteer.  At this point in time, however, I don't wish to go directly to someone and ask for help since my work on the mod is slow and sporadic at best.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I just throw in another one. The wolf is 1.4 the size of a normal wolf. It could either be made rideable or simply used for any other animation.

Here again, I used skyrim assets for the creation so it blends nicer.

Looks awesome. Can you tell me how to do/get this ? :o

Or can you post a dl link of the needed files for the animation ?

(sorry for the questions. I'm kinda new to this forum and Skyrim too.)

• 4 weeks later...

So, after about 6 months or so of Inactivity I have decided to update the mod with some information.  I have been very busy for the past 6 months and haven't really had much time to work on Skyrim related things.  In addition, as I mentioned before I had lost pretty much all of the work I originally did on the mod.  So, in order to not string people along, I have decided to officially declare this mod dead.

HAHA, Just kidding.  I've finished up some work on the scripting so that I can have animations for like horse riding that change animations between Idles and moving without changing the original Horse Riding animations.  I'm attaching the latest update to this post, and I'm going to give it about a week or so if I could get some feedback before I'll look to make my first official release.  So far there is:

3 Spells to summon a "Rideable" Giant, Werewolf, and Horse.  Each has, currently, 1 Riding pose.  

PLEASE READ THIS BEFORE YOU INSTALL!  THIS IS A BETA, SO USE CAUTION!  KEEP A BACK UP! 

In addition, when you dismount from a creature, there is a small ragdoll effect on the PC because I was having trouble with the dismount.  Sometimes, this ragdoll sticks for a second press of the "e" button, so check to see if it is stuck before you try and mount another creature, or else you can fall under the world (I'll work on fixing this, but still trying to figure out a good way).

You will need to run FNIS before running this mod, as it does add custom animations.  With any luck, I've got everything that needs to be there in the attached file.

If you are going to beta test this, all I request are that you help by: Reporting any bugs or other problems, Post some screen shots, and let me know if you have any suggestions.

The animations are not perfect or very detailed yet, but I have most of the alignment issues taken care of now! Hurray!

If you want to see more content like this, go bug the good animators on the site to contribute animations to add to the mod  :P .

RidingStylesBeta2.0.zip

Just gave this a very quick go and as far as it goes it looks awesome. the movement is smooth and realistic (if you could say such a thing)

Two small issues, horse and werewolf are unequiped and giant is dressed with equipment showing through.

Dismount for giant and werewolf looks odd but works well enough, the horse however locks up every time. Could the proximity of the horse and rider be causing an issue perhaps trying to dismount "underground" or even inside of the horse?

Keep up the good work, I am sure you will resolve these issues and any other that may occur.

looking good so far grand job so far

cant get the giant spell to work , and done seem to have any penis showing on horse or wolf

just loaded it quick so far will have a good play about later

awesome work hope it is as good as the old obliv one with the yokes and straps

keep up the good work

So far from what I've tested, it's great!

It would be nice if the werewolf and horse was using the already erect penis models. I'm using the Creature Framework with More Nasty Critters and such, so I don't know if they work otherwise. I managed to get the horse erect through Arousal mod, but no luck with the werewolf.

I'm not too much a fan of the ragdoll, mostly cause when my character tries to get up she starts flying around, then falls and takes some falling damage. Sometimes she flies far away from the initial location. Then not to mention the part where you fall through the ground and unable to get back unless restart save. I think I preferred without any animation until something is created. ^^

There's also two other things, which was in the previous version and likely takes a lot of work (or might be impossible to fix) but I wanna mention anyway.

It would be really nice if you could sprint with the giant, cause it's really slow using it as a mount. Like when the giants go into attack mode and chase you. Then there's the werewolf which has two problems I hope can be fixed. The first one isn't as annoying, and it's the camera changing after using the sprint. Second which really breaks things is when you jump with the werewolf, breaking the animation, getting the werewolf stuck in jump animation and then falling through the world when dismounting.

Other than that, I haven't found anything terribly wrong! I really hope you continue with this as I love the idea behind the mod. :D

So, after about 6 months or so of Inactivity I have decided to update the mod with some information.  I have been very busy for the past 6 months and haven't really had much time to work on Skyrim related things.  In addition, as I mentioned before I had lost pretty much all of the work I originally did on the mod.  So, in order to not string people along, I have decided to officially declare this mod dead.

HAHA, Just kidding. 

You got me there T.T

Also, thanks for the update, I'll test it out soon :)

HAHA, Just kidding.  I've finished up some work on the scripting so that I can have animations for like horse riding that change animations between Idles and moving without changing the original Horse Riding animations.  I'm attaching the latest update to this post, and I'm going to give it about a week or so if I could get some feedback before I'll look to make my first official release.  So far there is:

3 Spells to summon a "Rideable" Giant, Werewolf, and Horse.  Each has, currently, 1 Riding pose.  

PLEASE READ THIS BEFORE YOU INSTALL!  THIS IS A BETA, SO USE CAUTION!  KEEP A BACK UP! 

In addition, when you dismount from a creature, there is a small ragdoll effect on the PC because I was having trouble with the dismount.  Sometimes, this ragdoll sticks for a second press of the "e" button, so check to see if it is stuck before you try and mount another creature, or else you can fall under the world (I'll work on fixing this, but still trying to figure out a good way).

You will need to run FNIS before running this mod, as it does add custom animations.  With any luck, I've got everything that needs to be there in the attached file.

If you are going to beta test this, all I request are that you help by: Reporting any bugs or other problems, Post some screen shots, and let me know if you have any suggestions.

The animations are not perfect or very detailed yet, but I have most of the alignment issues taken care of now! Hurray!

If you want to see more content like this, go bug the good animators on the site to contribute animations to add to the mod  :P .

just tryed it the horse doesnt have any belts the player was dangling below without ropes other than that it looked good

ok nice that fixed the yoke an chain on horse , giant is looking good  still not able to get penis to show for horse and wolf tho 

from the work  you have done so fr it wont be long b4 you get it spot on , will do some more testing and feed back findings as iv spent some time to get the penises to show  think I will just live with the lack of ,  keep the grand work up

Archived