[WIP] Alternative Riding Styles [Developement/Idea thread]

fingerscrossed

Ok, some quick replies to what some people have been saying:

Just gave this a very quick go and as far as it goes it looks awesome. the movement is smooth and realistic (if you could say such a thing)

Two small issues, horse and werewolf are unequiped and giant is dressed with equipment showing through.

Dismount for giant and werewolf looks odd but works well enough, the horse however locks up every time. Could the proximity of the horse and rider be causing an issue perhaps trying to dismount "underground" or even inside of the horse?

Keep up the good work, I am sure you will resolve these issues and any other that may occur.

That is part of the problem with the dismount on the horse, and I have been unable to fix it.  On my machine, the small force impulse ragdolling the PC would reset their animation from the horse, so I am unsure why it wouldn't be working for others.  Also, I currently don't have any bindings for the werewolf.

So far from what I've tested, it's great!

It would be nice if the werewolf and horse was using the already erect penis models. I'm using the Creature Framework with More Nasty Critters and such, so I don't know if they work otherwise. I managed to get the horse erect through Arousal mod, but no luck with the werewolf.

I'm not too much a fan of the ragdoll, mostly cause when my character tries to get up she starts flying around, then falls and takes some falling damage. Sometimes she flies far away from the initial location. Then not to mention the part where you fall through the ground and unable to get back unless restart save. I think I preferred without any animation until something is created. ^^

There's also two other things, which was in the previous version and likely takes a lot of work (or might be impossible to fix) but I wanna mention anyway.

It would be really nice if you could sprint with the giant, cause it's really slow using it as a mount. Like when the giants go into attack mode and chase you. Then there's the werewolf which has two problems I hope can be fixed. The first one isn't as annoying, and it's the camera changing after using the sprint. Second which really breaks things is when you jump with the werewolf, breaking the animation, getting the werewolf stuck in jump animation and then falling through the world when dismounting.

Other than that, I haven't found anything terribly wrong! I really hope you continue with this as I love the idea behind the mod. :D

For having the werewolf and horse as already erect, I made look to add an erect .nif file that the mounts will automatically use in the future, since I don't really want to have to interact with other mods.  As far as the ragdoll animation goes, for me it just drops me straight to the ground and I stand up.  I'd like to get away from it, but the game will sometimes completely lock up with the player attempts to dismount from the horse without it.  I am currently searching for a fix.  

I meant to try and see if I could get the giant to sprint.  I never sprinted with the werewolf, so I'll have to see what the camera is with that.  As far as the jump animation goes, I have no idea how to fix that one.  I have been trying to figure out what the issue is to no avail.

You should make a female giant riding animation where she just shoves you inside of her vagina and walks around with a pregnant belly. Unmounting would be her birthing the player out. Just a thought.

Uh, maybe in the future.  It's an interesting idea, but not really my thing.

ok nice that fixed the yoke an chain on horse , giant is looking good  still not able to get penis to show for horse and wolf tho 

from the work  you have done so fr it wont be long b4 you get it spot on , will do some more testing and feed back findings as iv spent some time to get the penises to show  think I will just live with the lack of ,  keep the grand work up

I'm going to try and start including the erect .nifs I've been using to generate the horse bodies. Hopefully this will fix it.

is there a way to remove the shahs from side if horse as  I think for me thay just get in the way

ok back to wandering skyrim

I'm sorry, but I didn't really understand the question here.

I just tried these out and the only real problems that I found so far is that the giant's reigns seem to be missing textures and the horse dismount seems to stall indefinitely,possibly because the rider tries to dismount into the ground.

attachicon.gif2015-09-21_00050.jpg

attachicon.gif2015-09-21_00051.jpg

attachicon.gif2015-09-21_00052.jpg

Hmm, I'll look into the texture problem.  Does it try to ragdoll with you dismount the horse?

Wouldnt the horse riding position look more "natural" if it was turned upside down? She would get all limbs (and spine) broken if she was suspended like that.

There was something that felt odd with this one, I agree on that. Would also be nice to see a version like this.

shia-182051-So_Night_Elf_page_3.jpg

also found a lil bug  for you if follower is on horse then when still follower is in same position  under horse and when moving follower is riding horse normaly

when you  hit a bolder in the road some times it  causes the char to stand on top of horse and you have to remount , 

however  seeing that it bata its  still a grand lil mod  cant wait for the full finished  mod

don't  know  if anyone else gets same  with  wolf when running the wolf head seems to  blend through char , so it looks like wolf  is  eaten it way through chars chest ,

Idea for horse dismount (and perhaps others for consistancy):

Not sure if this would have the desired effect but how about "banishing" the ride in the manner of Hentai Creatures banish command. If I am correct and I have no idea if I am or not but wouldn't you just fall to the ground and ragdoll from there, which would actually be appropriate in this case.

The ragdoll dismounting actually worked pretty well for me, some misalignment issues on the horse and giant similar to the pictures posted here earlier.

The texture on the giant bindings was missing for me too, and the penis on the wolf and horse too.

The previous hanging upside down problems seem to have been fixed though!

Also, it's kind of hard to look at the scene in detail since the mount keeps moving when you try to look at it with tfc (since you can't zoom in or look at it properly normally while mounted).

Regardless, thanks for the update, cheers!

Ok, Update Number #2 for version 2 of the beta.  I've been working a few things, like trying to refine how I handle doing the dismounting etc.  It seems to be working a bit better.  I have also included some extra .nifs that I was using for my models.  The problem with this, is that I may have done some slight modifications to them (or not, at this point with all the stuff I've done I can't even remember) but I don't remember where they are originally from!  If you are looking at them and go "Hey, I recognize that Penis!" Please A ) Let me know where it is from so I can proper permission/give proper credit and B ) see a doctor.

Also, there are two (2!) new horse animation thingies to look at.  They are both face up type poses.  One of them has a slightly modified binding to go with it, that should automatically equip as you toggle between animations.  Currently, for the horse, the animations are bound to:

Face up, Arms/Legs up: Num Pad -

Face up, Arms/Legs side: NumPad 4

Face Down, Arms/Legs Side: Numpad 5.

Moving forward will revert back to the facedown animation (still working on fixing this problem).

Also, I know the textures for the new mounting currently look like crap.  That's why I don't make those things myself normally (it is just resizing the other one and I haven't fixed the textures). 

As always, post screens, let me know if there are any problems, etc.

Oh, one more thing, in response to the request to remove the side banners, I will look to add a version without them in the future.  As it is, I am getting close to releasing the first official version, I think.  Currently the two big things holding me back are travel animations for the new horse animations, bindings for the Arms/Legs up animation, and finishing up the work I've been doing on the wolf.

If you have a copy of this already and are trying out the new version, I would recommend making a fresh save without the mod.  I'd also recommend keeping backups in general when dealing with mod betas that include scripting, but hey, I'm not your mom.  I can't tell you what to do.

RidingStylesBeta2.2.zip

Bug report:

- NumPad controls doesn't work for me (didnt check the scripts, so no idea how its supposed to work exactly)

- animal bodyparts are missing textures!

- jumping on werewolf is bugged (it partially dismounts - without removing the SetVehicle or somthing?)

As a quick question to people saying the the NumPad is not working: Did you have the previous version installed? And if you did, did you make a clean save without the mod before trying to the new beta?

I'll try and get textures sorted out tonight and add a new version with textures.

Also, when I looked at one of the posted screen shots the thought crossed my mind that the horse riding would probably be easier to animate with less clipping if I downsized the penis a little bit. 

As a quick question to people saying the the NumPad is not working: Did you have the previous version installed? And if you did, did you make a clean save without the mod before trying to the new beta?

I'll try and get textures sorted out tonight and add a new version with textures.

Also, when I looked at one of the posted screen shots the thought crossed my mind that the horse riding would probably be easier to animate with less clipping if I downsized the penis a little bit. 

yes i started a new game tryed with numlock on before starting skyrim and activating it on a newer save while ingame still only face down

ok can someone tell me how thay are dismounting from horse ,as with mew 2.2  no matter what a try I get stuck in the back od the horse , with cam locked above horse

if I use console epc then it locks up , horse penis lookin good from what I can just make out then darn banners are in the way  lol,

keep up the good work

my char (in that screenshot) is only L6 so yea newish character, previous versions I did on my main. but only on a temp save I didn't over ight it after I tried, just reverted.

Archived