[WIP] Alternative Riding Styles [Developement/Idea thread]

fingerscrossed

Sweet, just a little note here:

PERIODIC CREAMPIES

I aint jokin'

That giant has to cum inside every couple dozen steps with a triumphant roar... and the girl moan like a first-time whore

yes you're absolutely right! 
I agree with you !!!
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I like the comic strip that Toreador posted so much that I kind of recreated the pose in SL (unfortunately, I don't script or make animations.... :( )

post-168503-0-33596800-1419141055_thumb.jpg

Hopefully, it's still being considered or worked on still?   Perhaps, make it Devious Devices compatable so if the player attempts to steal a horse from the stable and gets caught, the stable "master" would apply the "ahem" appropriate punishment until the player can escape from the bindings? :D

I do have some hope that someone can pick it up (hopefully, fingercrossed as he had many good ideas).

I have seen, after all, something similar done for Oblivion. Even a rough-looking proof of concept (i.e. something an OK animator can do alone... Gone, are you reading this?) would be enough, as others could then come along and improve it.

Well, we already have something like Princess Horse Riding, which changes the riding animation already. Someone could use that as a base to start. Then just modify the armor on the horse to include straps and stuff to hold a person underneath it. Something like using Horse Armors, and then just modify the armors to include the straps and harnesses.

We already have the sources for a basic "Horse Rides You" setup, it's just a matter of editing the animation of the mod above and editing the meshes to the armors. Of course, I am useless in this department, but hopefully the ideas will help spark some interest to others.

As for a fully scripted event style mod, that's a whole other amount of work lol.

Hmm it would be like using the Horse Armors( someone tell me how i can do the link + type the name without the link showing, like SpyderArachnid did above T_T ) , I mean having you being the horse armor but in a different position plus animations.

EDIT: Also this mod http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/34799/?makes the horses look like horses, I mean they dont look like ponies anymore xD

I like the comic strip that Toreador posted so much that I kind of recreated the pose in SL (unfortunately, I don't script or make animations.... :( )

attachicon.gifBelly Riding.jpg

Hopefully, it's still being considered or worked on still?   Perhaps, make it Devious Devices compatable so if the player attempts to steal a horse from the stable and gets caught, the stable "master" would apply the "ahem" appropriate punishment until the player can escape from the bindings? :D

nice pic since you have the pose and gear you could post it to allow modders to take over and help create the mod

Well, we already have something like Princess Horse Riding, which changes the riding animation already. Someone could use that as a base to start. Then just modify the armor on the horse to include straps and stuff to hold a person underneath it. Something like using Horse Armors, and then just modify the armors to include the straps and harnesses.

We already have the sources for a basic "Horse Rides You" setup, it's just a matter of editing the animation of the mod above and editing the meshes to the armors. Of course, I am useless in this department, but hopefully the ideas will help spark some interest to others.

As for a fully scripted event style mod, that's a whole other amount of work lol.

oblivion contrsuction set was easy you just had to make a nif load it in construction set and make the armour for it but skyrim version has 2 armour types >.< 1 which is script the other is equipped

attachicon.gifBelly Riding.jpg

nice pic since you have the pose and gear you could post it to allow modders to take over and help create the mod

I wouldn't know if Secondlife and Skyrim is that compatable since I'm not that technically minded when it actually comes to creating usable mods.  

There might be problems with porting it over; I used a very simple fixed pose, the harness on the horse is made of basic prims inworld (not meshified yet using mesh magic) and the horse sizes between the two games could cause clipping/conflict with both the pose and the harness itself.

But I could import it out of Secondlife to here if people are convinced it can be done.  I haven't worked anymore wiith the horse harness inworld since I don't have a place to work on it further anymore. :s

Ok, so, uh, I'm not actually dead.  I've been rather busy in the past few months so I haven't had much, if any, time to work on this.  There was a post earlier in the thread, where someone had sent me a message asking if I was still working on this and I replied that I didn't have time and lost a lot of my previous work.  Both of these were true.

Then I decided to work on it a bit more.  And by "work on it a bit more" I mean actually remake parts of what I lost and start a new, clean mod that I could potentially distribute as a beta (Previously I did all of the testing for the mod on an .esp I have for personal use).  I won't waste too much of your time with what went wrong, but I have a very basic mod with very limited functionality.

PLEASE READ BELOW IF YOU INTEND TO DOWNLOAD.

So, before I go into what is in this Beta, a word of caution.  This is a pretty simple/basic mod at the moment.  I have also not distributed a mod before, so I have probably done it wrong  :D .  I'll try and fix problems as they come up, but hopefully it should work for what I have in it so far. 

So, what's in this mod?  Well, at the moment, when you load the game it should add two spells to your character.  "Summon Riding Giant" and "Summon Riding Werewolf".  When you ride/mount the summon, if it works like it did for me in testing, your character should assume a special riding position after a few moments.  Upon dismounting (which takes a few moments) your character should return to normal animations.

If you are wondering where the horse/wolf mounts are, they aren't in yet.  After losing the original animations and having several headaches there, trying to get my original idea to work, I think I need to shift direction with how I am approaching those.  Bleh.

If you are wondering why the animations look like crap, it's because I'm new at this, and I suck :P .    Both animations still need work. 

For requirements, since the mod has animations in it you'll need to use FNIS, and you should hopefully be able to install it by hand or with NMM.  If neither of these two things make sense to you, please don't install the mod.

Finally, any feedback (working, not working, animations have bad offsets, etc) with any information (screenshots, error messages, etc) would be helpful.  Also, anyone interested in assisting with anything (Especially .Nifs which I am terrible at making), please feel free to contact me.

RidingStylesBeta1.0.zip

Archived