[WIP] Alternative Riding Styles [Developement/Idea thread]

fingerscrossed

Ok, so I figured out what the problem was.  When I was checking to make sure that I had all of the correct files in the pack, I forgot to check and make sure the .esp file was the correct one.  Oops.  Everything should hopefully work properly now.

Thanks for your effort, it really work now. Still a small question with Frost Astronach as another guy said.But for the other animols it's all OK.Animative progress.

As we had talked about, for the hotkey to adjust the mating position is on plan, and if the system can be build successfully there can be a hotkey to change postures while riding... with more styles in the future.

Besides, it would be more exciting if there were sticky liquids adhere and drip from mating, as the picture showed in #114 in page 6 by @TwilightDB . But the modeling is not so easy, I guess.

So, I have noticed that there is an expert in modeling asking for if there were MODers need help:

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/56227-freelancer-for-hire-will-work-for-fun/page-1

He has nearly 20 years experence in 3DS MAX and will work for fun if the idea is interesting enough. How about have a try to contact him and if he join the project you can probably take more complex work and achieve more amazing image... your MOD is attractive enough.

Furthermore, there are two ideas to provide, you can take a snake to vore the girl while mouting and vomit her out if get the destination. It can be also a wasp or a Chaurus hunter to grip the girl while flapping moving and mating with its tail, ha-ha. Excited for just imaging.

Done !

attachicon.gifastro.jpg

Hmm, thanks for the pic.  The animation doesn't seem to be loading.  I'll take a look and see if I can figure it out.  

Getting the same astronach positioning. All textures for all rides were in place, no crashes to report. Werewolf still does the funny falling animation when you jump.

All mountings were the same, PC takes up normal horse riding position (on invisble horse), then turns upside down in the position on the animal - then goes into the correct riding position on the animal (so I assume that means it's running as intended).

The wolf ride is nice - that wolf practically flys around the map. The PC wrists and ankles don't line up with the restraints, but believe that has already been mentioned. Don't think i've altered my Pcs height.

Keep up the good work :)

Perhaps a clue about this problem :

I take a look at the "Meshes\Actors\character\animations\RidingStyles" directory, it appears that is doesn't contain any animation about the astronach ?

attachicon.gifastro2.jpg

Ah-ha!  That was it!  Thanks for the help.  I have a seperate directory where I keep all of the versions for publish and sometimes not everything makes it over.

Ok, so I figured out what the problem was.  When I was checking to make sure that I had all of the correct files in the pack, I forgot to check and make sure the .esp file was the correct one.  Oops.  Everything should hopefully work properly now.

Thanks for your effort, it really work now. Still a small question with Frost Astronach as another guy said.But for the other animols it's all OK.Animative progress.

As we had talked about, for the hotkey to adjust the mating position is on plan, and if the system can be build successfully there can be a hotkey to change postures while riding... with more styles in the future.

Besides, it would be more exciting if there were sticky liquids adhere and drip from mating, as the picture showed in #114 in page 6 by @TwilightDB . But the modeling is not so easy, I guess.

So, I have noticed that there is an expert in modeling asking for if there were MODers need help:
http://www.loverslab.com/topic/56227-freelancer-for-hire-will-work-for-fun/page-1

He has nearly 20 years experence in 3DS MAX and will work for fun if the idea is interesting enough. How about have a try to contact him and if he join the project you can probably take more complex work and achieve more amazing image... your MOD is attractive enough.

Furthermore, there are two ideas to provide, you can take a snake to vore the girl while mouting and vomit her out if get the destination. It can be also a wasp or a Chaurus hunter to grip the girl while flapping moving and mating with its tail, ha-ha. Excited for just imaging.

I may look to add a hotkey to change riding posture in future versions (Currently, the key "-" on the numpad shows an animation or two not completely implemented).  I hadn't seen the post about the guy potentially offering help, but I may send him a message and see if he has any interest in contributing.  I haven't typically tried to hard to recruit anyone to the project in the past because I didn't feel like I had much to show.

Done !

attachicon.gifastro.jpg

Hmm, thanks for the pic.  The animation doesn't seem to be loading.  I'll take a look and see if I can figure it out.  

Getting the same astronach positioning. All textures for all rides were in place, no crashes to report. Werewolf still does the funny falling animation when you jump.

All mountings were the same, PC takes up normal horse riding position (on invisble horse), then turns upside down in the position on the animal - then goes into the correct riding position on the animal (so I assume that means it's running as intended).

The wolf ride is nice - that wolf practically flys around the map. The PC wrists and ankles don't line up with the restraints, but believe that has already been mentioned. Don't think i've altered my Pcs height.

Keep up the good work :)

Yeah, the mounting situation and the way it currently starts up is a bit weird, and it's mostly because I don't have a better way of doing it currently.  The problem seems to stem from the fact that the horse riding behavior is controlled by the behaviours files, which aren't something I am too comfortable with modding or messing around with, and there is currently no function in the creation kit for just mounting/riding a target.  Due to this, what happens is the PC mounts up, going through the normal mounting animation, then it waits until the PC has settled into riding to begin overriding and change the animations.  Part of this is problems with fighting skyrims physics engine, and I have had the PCs/NPCs fly off into the sunset before when things went wrong, so it is currently just the safe way of doing it, so to speak.  Hopefully there can be maybe a paired animation made for mounting (LIke the giant picks up the player or NPC and deposits them in the restraints) but that's still out there on the to-do list.

I also really like the wolf, but I also hate it.  Because of the size and the way that Wolves move, it's going to take quite some work to get the wolf and PC to line up, and that will be work primarily on the animation end.  I'm hoping that That I can, eventually, just make an animation for the rider that mimics the movement of the wolf.

I take a look at the "Meshes\Actors\character\animations\RidingStyles" directory, it appears that is doesn't contain any animation about the astronach ?

attachicon.gifastro2.jpg

Ah-ha!  That was it!  Thanks for the help.  I have a seperate directory where I keep all of the versions for publish and sometimes not everything makes it over.

Thanks for the good job !

Yet, I'm sorry... But, it doesn't work... Animation does not load...

If I read the FNIS_RidingStyle.txt, line 14, there is "b Riding_Stles_FrostAtronach1 FrostAtronach1.hkx". I thought, you misspelled the Stles, so I tried to correct to Stlyes or Styles but, still, no result...

I'm sure you're going to solve the problem ! Go on with this good job ! :cool:

Hi, I'm back and a small suggestion again. That is, how about add a spell to release the mounts when it's useless? Or it will follow the character all the way.

Also I've observed the question about the mating position that heroine under the mounts, and I'm afraid it's hardly to fit properly only by adjusting the character's position, especially while racing. Because the bonds are tied stationary on animal’s body but the heroine's position is relatively moving while racing, turning and jumping. So the chains and bonds were completely dislocated, and they were proper only while resting.

To solve this question I have an idea witch is to equip the chains and bonds just as equipments of the heroine, and thus they will be accurately located in a correct position in any movements, and after that you can tie the girl on the mounts so that the dislocation may seems negligible? I think this method is easier and because of this you can avoid to build a complex system to adjust objects' spatial relationship.

Only an idea and hope it's helpful to you. Glad to talk.

attachicon.gifastro2.jpg

Thanks for the good job !

Yet, I'm sorry... But, it doesn't work... Animation does not load...

If I read the FNIS_RidingStyle.txt, line 14, there is "b Riding_Stles_FrostAtronach1 FrostAtronach1.hkx". I thought, you misspelled the Stles, so I tried to correct to Stlyes or Styles but, still, no result...

I'm sure you're going to solve the problem ! Go on with this good job ! :cool:

Okay, this time it looks like I solved the problem for real, thankfully.  Too many moving parts. Bleh.

Hi, I'm back and a small suggestion again. That is, how about add a spell to release the mounts when it's useless? Or it will follow the character all the way.

Also I've observed the question about the mating position that heroine under the mounts, and I'm afraid it's hardly to fit properly only by adjust the character's position, especially while racing. Because the bonds are tied stationary on animal’s body but the heroine's position is relatively moving while racing, turning and jumping. So the chains and bonds were completely dislocated, and they were proper only while resting.

To solve this question I have an idea witch is to equip the chains and bonds just as equipments of the heroine, and thus they will be accurately located in a correct position in any movements, and after that you can tie the girl on the mounts so that the dislocation may seems negligible? I think this method is easier and because of this you can avoid to build a complex system to adjust objects' spatial relationship.

Only an idea and hope it's helpful to you. Glad to talk.

Adding a spell is one of my (current) goals for the next release.  It looks like I've already gotten goal 1 (Take care of the item duping and non-returning of stashed items) taken care of, and maybe once I have the spell for unsummoning and another small bugfix or two I'll release the next version.

As far as your idea on how better to do the restraints, something like what you are recommending could work well.  I am still trying to determine what the best way to do all this would be and I have a very specific problem with restraints which is while I know a bit and can do a bit of animation, and I can do some coding, my ability to make, convert, refine, etc meshes for restraints and such is poor at best.  

I've considered a couple different ideas on how to (potentially) approach the animations not really lining up especially while moving, but as of yet I haven't figured out a really good way of doing it.  What your solution/idea is I've considered, and that was how Zaz did it in the Oblivion Mod that was of a similar premise, but it comes with its own set of problems.  My original plan was to basically just match animations.  For example, if the horse walk forward animation was 50 frames long, then the rider walk forward animation for while on the horse would also be 50 frames long.  However, due to the difference from how Bethesda intended you to use their mounting system and how it actually works, I'm not sure if this is something too feasible.  I am thinking that there might actually be a ghetto backdoor solution or two to this problem, but I've yet to figure it out.

Paired animations may also be a savior in this field, but I don't know how they work to say whether or not it would work like I want it to, making my life easier.

But, yeah, there will probably be one more version update with bug fixes and quality of life improvements before I start working on actor re-positioning.  That one seems like it could take a little while to figure out.

Okay, I just put out V2.4 which was the last quick patch/update I was planning on releasing.  I think I should have all of the big bugs/problems fixed with what was released (Other than animation alignment stuff, which will probably come after figuring out how to displace the rider) and I'm hoping (fingers crossed) that this will be a stable release.  The animations etc still need some work, but in terms of bare bones usability without breaking anything, I think it is currently good to go.

V2.4 Also has 3 animations that weren't really in the mod before.  These are the horse riding face up with arms out (similar to the other I've been using, except the PC is face up), one with the PC being arms up and face up that I don't have a set of restraints for yet, and a giant animation/position I did for shiggles a while back.

Oh, and I also added an ability to dismiss the summoned creatures.

If you do come across more issues, please let me know.

• 1 month later...

Archived