[WIP] Alternative Riding Styles [Developement/Idea thread]

fingerscrossed

OK! So I figured out why the numpad commands weren't working!  It was because I forgot to update the scripts when I sent out 2.2!  Whoops!  So, here is 2.3 to see if that helps fix things!

Also, there is a new button!  Numpad 0 should add/remove the banners (due to popular request).

Hopefully nothing is broken.  Dismounting hasn't been changed yet.  I am having trouble figuring some things out with that one.  

Once again, let me know how things go!

RidingStylesBeta2.3.zip

hats off to you

horse smaller is just spot on super grand work  not just wolf to go , your making awesome improve every day ,

now if I can just figure where the bug is that stops me from bismounting ,

and ty for banner button , that made all the diff no you can truly  apprish all the hard work  put in ,

making horse smaller was deff the way to go , just need to sort wolf. maybe copy giant and make maller it would not look wrong

so looking cloce to first bata done

Ok, so, to answer a few questions/comments while I have a moment:

Great work!
But could you attach the mod file on first page at least ?

It's a bit hard to find where the file is for newbie like me :blush:

It's not on the front page at the moment because it isn't an official release.  I'll be (hopefully) releasing an official version soon, but until then I didn't want people who didn't know what they were doing grabbing the mod which could be unstable.

Some screenshots below to illustrate the misalignment and texture issues on 2.2

I can also confirm that jumping with the werewolf breaks things.

62566bf6cd.jpg

3382a3e468.jpg

708414ded9.jpg

03c365ba62.jpg

69435c9059.jpg

4877f4cedf.jpg

Love seeing the mod progressing though! Cheers!

I have been trying with no luck at all to discern how to fix the jump bug.  Well, okay, I can't quite say that, because after playing around with Skyrim mounts so much, I have an idea what is going on, and if anyone is familiar with the creation kit and skyrim coding and wants to listen to what is happening and offer a potential solution, I'm happy to elaborate, but for the time being I've got nothing for it.

hats off to you

horse smaller is just spot on super grand work  not just wolf to go , your making awesome improve every day ,

now if I can just figure where the bug is that stops me from bismounting ,

and ty for banner button , that made all the diff no you can truly  apprish all the hard work  put in ,

making horse smaller was deff the way to go , just need to sort wolf. maybe copy giant and make maller it would not look wrong

so looking cloce to first bata done

I actually completely forgot that I had the smaller (less well-endowed) horse in there.  It isn't currently working on my Skyrim (I think I have a mod overlap problem) but I am glad to hear it is working other places!

yah that the one to go with on release for sure ,

anyigears why I can only dismount with console epc , I was using the a on xbox b4 patch 2 and now I just get stick in back of horse , only way to resolve for me is reload save b4 I mounted horse

do you think using a scaled down giants penis would be good idear and save you some work

the 0 banner key seems to work now and again , first cast of horse it wors the summons after don't remove

however grand job

Ok, so another quick update with a few things to do/look at.

Added two new spells: For Wolf and For Frost Atronach.

The wolf has mounting, there is clipping, the animation is mostly for resting, the wolf run/movement animation is not conducive for this sort of thing.  I am unsure how I am going to continue.

You may be wondering, "Why Frost Atronach?" And the reason is because those poor guys never get any love on this forum.  Currently there are no animations associated with this, but I am look at kind of like a "Trapped in Ice" type animation maybe. 

As always, I am open to suggestions/recommendations/ideas, and if you could take a look and see if everything is working, I'd appreciate it.

RidingStylesBeta2.4.zip

Visually, this is all very good, even if more polish (textures, alignment) would help (see giant screenshot).

post-229883-0-15107700-1443152508_thumb.jpg

From an integration standpoint however... there are issues.
In no particular order:

- I can't use the num keypad hooks: they interfere with the equipment groups in SkyUI (which grab priority apparently). Since SkyUI is a req for MCM, this need to get solved for people to use ARS without random conflicts.

- Using the riding horses (small or regular) then getting out (using E) leads to a ragdoll (normal), then upright position... except every time i go forward I get back into the prone position again (I have to jump to get back to upright position). No such issue with the wherewolf or giant.

- Using the regular horses after *any* riding mount, then using a regular horse, result in a normal jump on the horse. Pressing forward however results in a prone underbelly riding position during the time the key is pressed

post-229883-0-07719100-1443152514_thumb.jpg

Edit: I was testing 2.3. But the same applies to 2.4.

Visually, this is all very good, even if more polish (textures, alignment) would help (see giant screenshot).

attachicon.gifScreenShot442.jpg

From an integration standpoint however... there are issues.

In no particular order:

- I can't use the num keypad hooks: they interfere with the equipment groups in SkyUI (which grab priority apparently). Since SkyUI is a req for MCM, this need to get solved for people to use ARS without random conflicts.

- Using the riding horses (small or regular) then getting out (using E) leads to a ragdoll (normal), then upright position... except every time i go forward I get back into the prone position again (I have to jump to get back to upright position). No such issue with the wherewolf or giant.

- Using the regular horses after *any* riding mount, then using a regular horse, result in a normal jump on the horse. Pressing forward however results in a prone underbelly riding position during the time the key is pressed

attachicon.gifScreenShot443.jpg

Hmmm, sounds like there is a problem with it not getting part of the animation out of the memory.  As a side note, before release my goal is to integrate the numpad keys into a MCM menu.  They are currently on the numpad for ease of testing purposes.

Hmmm, sounds like there is a problem with it not getting part of the animation out of the memory.

I am glad you know what the cause is... I had no clue.

I do have a couple of suggestions... things that would be cool if they could be made, but I don't know if possible:

- have sex with any horse/giant/wherewolf (or, specific sexlab positions) trigger a riding mount (maybe, replace the actor with a riding mount and trigger the mounting?)

- have API hooks that let other mods trigger a mounting, without letting the player escape out of it by E

- have followers mounting a horse trigger a "mount" of the PC, while the follower rides normally

- add Chaurus Hunters as a (flying) mount! (no harness required, they have legs aplenty for that)

For context, I am using Aroused Creatures. It would be amazing if getting anywhere near my horse when aroused triggered, not just sex as right now, but a good mounting...

Hmmm, sounds like there is a problem with it not getting part of the animation out of the memory.

I am glad you know what the cause is... I had no clue.

I do have a couple of suggestions... things that would be cool if they could be made, but I don't know if possible:

- have sex with any horse/giant/wherewolf (or, specific sexlab positions) trigger a riding mount (maybe, replace the actor with a riding mount and trigger the mounting?)

- have API hooks that let other mods trigger a mounting, without letting the player escape out of it by E

- have followers mounting a horse trigger a "mount" of the PC, while the follower rides normally

- add Chaurus Hunters as a (flying) mount! (no harness required, they have legs aplenty for that)

For context, I am using Aroused Creatures. It would be amazing if getting anywhere near my horse when aroused triggered, not just sex as right now, but a good mounting...

I think that is probably the cause.  I have it set up currently using SKSE key calls and when you dismount (by hitting e) it should remove the "press w for forward animation" from the list of things it's doing.  

Currently, I'm trying to avoid any cross implementation with Sexlab/Aroused etc, so that I can make hooks for this mod and then let other modders (or maybe myself one day in the future) add things like the Sexlab implementation.

As far as followers and you riding the same horse, I have worked on this for many hours.  Skyrim really doesn't like it, but I have an idea that is almost kind of working a little bit.  Needless to say, Bethesda really didn't want to make tandem riding an easy thing to do.

As for the Chaurus Hunters, I was planning on making one of those at some point.  Though I'm sure if there is a model for Chaurus Hunter with Genitalia.

There is a model of the Chaurus Hunter with a penis, either as part of immersive creatures, or oli3d's poses, or brainsperm poses, because I am able to do poses with it. There are no animations that I know of, but that wouldn't be needed here. Take a peek at some of my posts on Estrus Chaurus threads, I posted pics, and I can send you the required packages if you need them.

Your approach of providing hooks for other mods to integrate is, I think, the right one... I am sure I can convince Sailing Rebel to integrate Aroused Creatures...

Also, riding should trigger random, but regular, orgasms in the sexlab framework. That would ensure that integration with BeeingFemale and FillHerUp would work well (and out of the box)... ride long enough, and you are sure to get knocked up! Or start getting comments on how full of spunk you are...

Nothing better than a pregnant belly rider :)

ok after testing: (2.4)

1. Small horse, the banners are just white only?

2. On the frost alignment issue

3. Giant only the bracing texture still not showing

4. Large Horse, TINY clipping but more or less unnoticeable

5. Werewolf, still no penis texture, still got jump issue

6. Wolf, while walking slowly penis appears on back, maybe you need to raise the PC's front up a little?

still a few ragdoll issues where I got ragdolled off even before I got on, giant ragdolled me through the floor and into the netherspace lol >.< second attempt worked though.

numeric pad now works for me now.

when you switch positions on the horse so the PC is belly up after a little while it reverts back to back up

LOVE the frost mount works pretty well!

best overall is the wolf >.< holy moley! wolfs speed is awesome THAT alone in a proper mod would be an epic ride!

post-53106-0-59791400-1443161867_thumb.jpg

Hey,

i am really liking your mod idea here! I am currently learning to mod myself and my first try will be to rewrite the horgasm mod, so that it does not trigger random sounds, but increases arousal of the rider. Will you include that too? Otherwise that may be a nice addition to your mod. Love what you are doing here!

EDIT: Updating my report.

First and foremost: YES! You're back and making great progress!  :) I only had time for a quick test, but the core of the mod seems to be working.

OK, here's my bug report (mostly repeats):

- Werewolf has purple penis.

- Giant took several casts to actually summon (I'm using a lvl 1 to test... so maybe it's a mana issue?)

- On Giant, player alignment seems to be off to the right side a bit.

- Regular Horse and Wolf attack nearby enemies (even thought I have cowardly horses installed), other mounts do not.

(Now the horse isn't fighting... so maybe there isn't an issue with other horse related mods?)

- I use ESDF instead of WASD, so I had to use my auto-run button to run around without being thrown off (except the frost atronarch didn't dismount me for some reason). I assume this would be re-programmable in future versions... but can I change it now?

- Using Sexlab's floating camera does not disable movement controls, so you keep running around when trying to position the camera

- Wolf regular run and werewolf sprint animations do not match up with rider. She seems to be attached at the hips but not the top.

- (NEW) Entering combat while mounted makes you go into regular riding stance

Suggestions & wishful thinking (here we go :s ):

Love the "inside the frost atronarch" is an awesome idea. Maybe you could include a modified transparent Frost Atronarch model based on this one: http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/50316/?

You would have to add some fun bits on the inside to keep the rider entertained. Or perhaps someone here has the modeling talent to make a new model?

More detailed animations and sound effects. Like grunting/moaning to the rhythm of  the ride, or squirming, etc.

Lastly, THANK YOU and keep up the great work!

Would it be possible to get compatiblity with hitching to Gypsy Eyes Caraven V3 beta?

I'm not sure how hard that would be. I *think* it just doesn't take summoned creatures, but I don't know enough about scripts to tell what exactly GEC doesn't like.

I've been using a lot more, and I have a couple of other bugs to report. I've only been testing the regular horse.

If I have my weapons out and mount the horse, everything works as normal... until you unmount. Then I can't draw my weapons, and the character seems to still be mounted, even though it plays the dismount animation, and usually I end up falling through the world.

If a Devious Devices vibration animation plays (and possibly other animations, will add them if I come across them) the horse dumped me on the ground (which is actually kinda great), but then after I mounted, ran around, and unmounted, I was stuck inside the horse and my controls were disabled.

I am using:

Devious Devices Assets 2.9.2

Devious Devices Expansion 1.2.1

Devious Integration 2.9.0

Devious Assets Expansion 7B HDT .95

So, I'm just answering a few questions.  A few update pictures on something I've been working on at the end of the post.

Responses to posts/questions:

Hey,

i am really liking your mod idea here! I am currently learning to mod myself and my first try will be to rewrite the horgasm mod, so that it does not trigger random sounds, but increases arousal of the rider. Will you include that too? Otherwise that may be a nice addition to your mod. Love what you are doing here!

I haven't looked into the horgasm mod, and I wasn't currently planning on including anything from it.  I'm currently trying to keep the number of mods that would be required to use this down.

wolf doesnt have a harness when i tryed

This seems to be a problem with the BSA file.  I don't really understand BSA files so I probably did something dumb.

EDIT: Updating my report.

First and foremost: YES! You're back and making great progress!  :) I only had time for a quick test, but the core of the mod seems to be working.

OK, here's my bug report (mostly repeats):

- Werewolf has purple penis.

- Giant took several casts to actually summon (I'm using a lvl 1 to test... so maybe it's a mana issue?)

- On Giant, player alignment seems to be off to the right side a bit.

- Regular Horse and Wolf attack nearby enemies (even thought I have cowardly horses installed), other mounts do not.

(Now the horse isn't fighting... so maybe there isn't an issue with other horse related mods?)

- I use ESDF instead of WASD, so I had to use my auto-run button to run around without being thrown off (except the frost atronarch didn't dismount me for some reason). I assume this would be re-programmable in future versions... but can I change it now?

- Using Sexlab's floating camera does not disable movement controls, so you keep running around when trying to position the camera

- Wolf regular run and werewolf sprint animations do not match up with rider. She seems to be attached at the hips but not the top.

- (NEW) Entering combat while mounted makes you go into regular riding stance

Suggestions & wishful thinking (here we go :s ):

Love the "inside the frost atronarch" is an awesome idea. Maybe you could include a modified transparent Frost Atronarch model based on this one: http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/50316/?

You would have to add some fun bits on the inside to keep the rider entertained. Or perhaps someone here has the modeling talent to make a new model?

More detailed animations and sound effects. Like grunting/moaning to the rhythm of  the ride, or squirming, etc.

Lastly, THANK YOU and keep up the great work!

Ok, so to answer some of the questions/comments here:

-I probably forgot to include the texture for the werewolf penis.

-It's not a mana issue.  It's a general summon issue of the game not believing there is enough room to summon the creature in the location you are trying to summon it.  

-I'll try and take a look into this

- It's ~probably~ an issue with one of the other mount mods.  I don't use other mount mods, so I'm not sure

- I'm looking using SkyUI with the mod, but I've been too lazy to really figure out how to configure a MCM for the mod.  That would either alleviate the need for key mapping like I have it, or allow you to choose what your run keys are.

- I haven't messed around with Sexlab's floating camera.  This is probably an issue in that normally to stop this Sexlab likely disables your ability to move your PC, while with mounting situations you are controlling the mount, not the PC, and it just passes animations.

- These would/will probably require special animations for when the wolf/werewolf is running versus when they are walking/idling.  

- Hmmm.  The system probably calls special riding animations when you enter combat, which override the animations I was sending.  Or something.  

The "inside the frost atronarch" was mostly a placeholder for the time being.  In the end, I'm looking to do (At least the first version) like what is posted below in the screen shot.  It could be interesting to have something with the PC nearly fully encased in the Atronarch, but I'll think about that later.

Would it be possible to get compatiblity with hitching to Gypsy Eyes Caraven V3 beta?

I'm not sure how hard that would be. I *think* it just doesn't take summoned creatures, but I don't know enough about scripts to tell what exactly GEC doesn't like.

I haven't looked at all into Gypsy Eyes Caraven.  It might be possible to add compatibility between the two mods, but that's not something that this would focus on.

for some reason the bsa isnt working for armors without unpacking the bsa the wolf doesnt have the harness but unpacking the bsa and putting the files from bsa into the data folder makes the harness show

I probably screwed up the bsa because I am a noob.

I've been using a lot more, and I have a couple of other bugs to report. I've only been testing the regular horse.

If I have my weapons out and mount the horse, everything works as normal... until you unmount. Then I can't draw my weapons, and the character seems to still be mounted, even though it plays the dismount animation, and usually I end up falling through the world.

If a Devious Devices vibration animation plays (and possibly other animations, will add them if I come across them) the horse dumped me on the ground (which is actually kinda great), but then after I mounted, ran around, and unmounted, I was stuck inside the horse and my controls were disabled.

I am using:

Devious Devices Assets 2.9.2

Devious Devices Expansion 1.2.1

Devious Integration 2.9.0

Devious Assets Expansion 7B HDT .95

Errr ... Hmmm... the weapons out probably has to do with weird weapon out states being overwritten, but not really and skyrim getting itself confused. There *might* be some code I could add to fix this?  It's weird.

For the DD vibration stuff ... there's probably some kind of overlap or memory mess up when it triggers.  I can understand (but don't know how I would fix) it knocking you off the horse, but I'm not sure why you'd have trouble after that.

Preview of things to come:

So, this time is just a quick screen shot update.

"So, tell me Sweetheart, how was Winterhold?  You summoned a what? It put you where?!?  A collar of Ice?!?  Sometimes I wonder why your father and I pay for college education ...."

post-99398-0-24760700-1444686805_thumb.jpg

post-99398-0-91378000-1444686813_thumb.jpg

Expected Release of next beta version: 

Sometime between late tonight and around the 20th of October.

Archived