Outfit Studio/Bodyslide 2 CBBE Conversions

23 hours ago, sfeile said:

Ah gotcha. Ok, like Squigg said, download both files and extract them both to create one file.

With NMM it's probably easier if you re-zip the file after you extract them both. I haven't used it in years, but the old NMM didn't like files that weren't in zip/rar format if I remember correctly.

people still use NMM?!

4 hours ago, faky said:

people still use NMM?!

Absolutely. Far more than MO.  MO  reminds me of the Wyre Bash craze in Ob. The only real value to MO is the ability to merge plugins as far as I can see.  Since i know how to merge my plugins, I have no need for MO. Too many bells and whistles.  As they say " Keep It Simple Stupid."

21 minutes ago, Sorceress99 said:

Absolutely. Far more than MO.  MO  reminds me of the Wyre Bash craze in Ob. The only real value to MO is the ability to merge plugins as far as I can see.  Since i know how to merge my plugins, I have no need for MO. Too many bells and whistles.  As they say " Keep It Simple Stupid."

Does NMM use a virtual file system now? I use MO so I can reorganize my mods load order and choose what mods overwrite what on the fly without having to reinstall any mod. That was the true value of MO when I switched to it a few years ago and still use it now because I am under the assumption NMM still installs to the data folder.. I haven't used NMM in a year years now because of this feature. NMM if I accidentally have a mod overwrite another mod that I didn't intend to, I have to uninstall and reinstall some mods.

16 minutes ago, Sorceress99 said:

MO is pretty simple.  I can use it, so it must be.  It's really handy for changing mod order, keeping profiles, and merging mods.  If I can use it, anyone can, cuz I'm pretty stupid.  Just ask anyone that knows me.  They'll tell you, ' Yeah, he's not the stupidest person in the world, but when that guy dies...."

I've got a newer version of NMM for fallout4, but even with it's supposed "virtual" file system, it still actually overwrites things. If I put in a new texture mod for an armor mod I've already installed then decide I don't like it, I have to re-install the armor. I don't play FO4 often, so it's a nightmare to remember what's overwritten what.

MO on the other hand shows you exactly what's been "overwritten" and what by, and if you un-install something, that's it. you are done.  I was helping to test mods in the past and if I was using NMM I probably would have jumped off a bridge.

Not saying "don't use NMM", it has it's place. It was a little easier to learn, and if you are only adding a few things and done, it's just fine.

If you are constantly changing a lot of things in your game, I personally think MO is more user friendly for that.

So the best one is the one you are comfortable with and suits your personal game needs.

We're digressing here but I've been using NMM for years but then it suddenly hit me cause I'm a mod junky that there has to be an easier way. MO allows me to fully control/manage my mods. It completely keeps your game folders clear and allows you to choose what overwrites what. Of course you can do all of this manually minus keeping your game folders clean but in MO everything is in one place in a nice GUI.

12 hours ago, Sorceress99 said:

the issue with NMM is that...it's no better than just dropping every mod right inside the data folder manually. which is a big no-no for any heavier modding

MO, on the other hand, is simple. all it takes is a few minutes to set everything up (basically show it where the game directories are) and manually add some mod's executables since they need to be launched through MO to work as they should (the upside is that after adding the executable once, you have them all grouped neatly in one place). the effect? you can mod everything, do unspeakable things to data structures and go crazy with game-changing features and the skyrim installation will stay as pristine as it was right after install. you can add and remove mods with a single click, you can reinstall them to choose different features in FOMODs...

there's even an option to assign mods to profiles so one could have one mod profile for one playthrough and another one for another playthrough and again, switch between them on the fly! and it makes it very easy to mod the mods too

5 hours ago, nr8 said:

I never tried MO.. the extra steps or notes for 'mo users' on some mods, always scared me away from using it.

ill be honest with you here. i just straight out ignore nearly all the installation guides for all the mods. they never have anything smart to say anyway

the only exception are ENBs (because each one requires different files from the enb download)

in MO if a mod file structure is... 'proper' meaning just data folder and stuff inside it, MO will just install it as it is

if there are other folders or the data structure looks off it will go into manual mode

and in manual mode you choose which folder is the data one, which folders to install or no (and you can even mix files between folders, choose which specific files to install or not and so on)

if that's your only issue there's nothing to fear

On 12/21/2017 at 8:58 PM, Sorceress99 said:

"Use bodyslide" is pretty much self-explanatory if you know the mechanics of using the bodyslider.  You must build the clothes to your preset before the modification appears in the game.  BS uses a template of the items to write the _0 & _1.nif's to the meshes folder the game uses. If you don't build the item, then the game uses whatever items are already in the folder which, most likely aren't the same shape as your preset .

Thank you for taking the time to answer. I'm aware of this process, in my initial message I actually did mention that I went through it but the problem persists. I later tried to load the project in BS, remove the body shape and add CBBE HDT as the base shape and saved the project but that did not seem to have any effect. As said above I'm not really BS/OS savvy. If there's nothing else to do I suppose this one outfit will have to stay out of my game. Which is a shame, it was quite cool as it was and you've made it HDT compatible. :') Oh well.

3 hours ago, Violence6884 said:

Thank you for taking the time to answer. I'm aware of this process, in my initial message I actually did mention that I went through it but the problem persists. I later tried to load the project in BS, remove the body shape and add CBBE HDT as the base shape and saved the project but that did not seem to have any effect. As said above I'm not really BS/OS savvy. If there's nothing else to do I suppose this one outfit will have to stay out of my game. Which is a shame, it was quite cool as it was and you've made it HDT compatible. :') Oh well.

I have no idea what your saying your problem is. The conversion works as it should as far as I can tell. It's been downloaded 316 times with no mention of problems with it converting to CBBE HDT correctly. Please explain exactly what the problem is.

:star: :star: :star: MERRY CHRISTMAS :star::star::star:

:cocktail:Wishing all my friends and staff here on Lover's Lab a safe and happy holiday season. :camel: Please forget not that this day marks the Birth of Our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ and it in His glory and name we celebrate this season. I pray in His name that He watch over all of you, protect, keep safe and grant you a prosperous and wish filled New Year:wine: Cheers! :wine: