Sanguine Debauchery enhanced: SD+ (January 2022)

The manual mentions that the Owner will follow your character if you go outside. Is this "following" in the same sense as in 1.16, where the Owner would try to execute his own AI package while running to you if you get out of range? This was quite annoying because it would often mean that he would leave houses I wanted to stay in or walk the opposite way down a long road. 

So, when I get knocked down and enslaved, I go ragdoll... but when I wake up, I don't unragdoll. I sit there in whatever lazy pile of Breton I am...

Use only the Bleedout effect in DA.. not Ragdoll.

The manual mentions that the Owner will follow your character if you go outside. Is this "following" in the same sense as in 1.16, where the Owner would try to execute his own AI package while running to you if you get out of range? This was quite annoying because it would often mean that he would leave houses I wanted to stay in or walk the opposite way down a long road. 

That part is still the same.

Once I am done answering questions about DA, I will start working on the next phase of rewrite which will include changing the mechanics of 'master following' eventually.

RTFM, heh.  So few people nowadays bother to read anything, well sometimes it pays off and saves time in the end.

Anyway just wanted to say thanks to everyone on the mod for it.   DA install and SD+ upgrade worked fine, runs smoother than the prior version.  Also seems to be less stress on the cpu, I've been having slide show issues near cities and it seems to have improved quite a bit (touches wood).

Which one is DA's quest that makes you recover your stuff? Seems regardless of the probability I set SD to (99 - max, everything else: 10), I'm still teleported to a different location and given that recover quest.

Check your "probability of enslavement" slider in SD Config menu. That's a master switch for enslavement. It's acting a little weird for some people. Skyrimll said he would have a fix soon.

Getting your gear back triggers regardless of the event if things have been stolen by your attacker.

Check your "probability of enslavement" slider in SD Config menu. That's a master switch for enslavement. It's acting a little weird for some people. Skyrimll said he would have a fix soon.

Getting your gear back triggers regardless of the event if things have been stolen by your attacker.

yeah.

for me that slider just get the old enslavement % health chance, instead of the bleedout one.

Please excuse my grumpiness. This mod is a 150mph dragster that runs on olive oil and nail polish remover. If the guy who built it in his garage tells you to read the instructions before you hit the freeway, for God's sake read the instructions!

Haha, nice description. Unfortunately, as you can see (again) just a few posts below yours, people generally have some kind of allergy to manuals :P

It will probably be necessary to place something like "READ THE MANUAL, BE A GOOD SLAVE" in bold and red on the main page for it to work.

yeah.

for me that slider just get the old enslavement % health chance, instead of the bleedout one.

Right, that's what needs fixing. That slider actually controls the master probability of SD events occurring. It's mislabeled because it was repurposed for this new function from the old health chance, and something got snafuy in the new version.

Set that value to 100% and see what happens.

I have only had a little time to play with the new version but so far everything appears to be working superbly.

And, let me add, that would not be the case (for me) were it not for the excellent .pdf manual and its clear, concise explanations of how SD+ and DA MCM options interact with one another (not to mention the info on using Defeat), without which I would most certainly have spent a long, frustrated time figuring those settings out.

Kudos GrayElephant and also, as ever, Skyrmll. Thanks to you both.

EDIT: And the FAQ. That too was very helpful.

@ Buffmutti. You're being your own worst enemy, in this case. I went out of my way to articulate all of the various SD & DA variables in the manual. I knew as soon as I downloaded DA that it would be daunting to use at first, so I offered to write the manual to alleviate some of the confusion.

Take a few minutes to read it. You confirmed that you hadn't touched the manual by complaining in your follow up post that you couldn't figure out what the settings did from the tooltips in the MCM Menu. That's the point of the manual.

If you've got the time to write a multi-paragraph post bitching about how the mod is a PITA now, you've got the time to read a couple of pages. "Your mod sucks because I can't be arsed to do a little reading" is a horseshit argument.

Please excuse my grumpiness. This mod is a 150mph dragster that runs on olive oil and nail polish remover. If the guy who built it in his garage tells you to read the instructions before you hit the freeway, for God's sake read the instructions!

And if you think I'm just grumpy cause I was the one who wrote the manual, that's not it at all. I've grown close to this mod in the process of figuring out its guts in order to better explain them. The mod does ridiculously complex things, and does most of the work behind the scenes. It's a moderate miracle it can even work at all with the infinite variety of other mods any given player might be running. Skyrimll's talent along these lines can't be overstated. The mod can work if you invest a little energy into working with it.

/skyrimll cheerleading.

On another note...the inclusion of Defeat as a recommended mod was 99% my call. I slid that into the documentation of my own volition. SD 2.0 has removed sex scenes from the end of combat for the sake of functionality. If you want combat sex like 1.16 and previous, or if you want a way to do unarmed takedowns while enslaved, you'll need Defeat or Submit. The ONLY reason I chose to recommend Defeat over Submit is because of the minimum limit setting that Defeat offers, which allows for segregation between combat sex and death events. I tested Defeat's player-as-victim settings alongside SD pretty heavily in order to write the manual entry on getting the two to play nice. I wasn't intending to make it seem as though Defeat was superior to Submit, nor that SD would feel incomplete without Defeat. Just that, between the two, Defeat seems more likely to be compatible. The three mods really are fighting for the same turf in game.

You should have read my first post more carefully, i said that i have read the manual and that i have changed the settings to that what the manual said would be the best, including the setting to not disable the quests which are from factions which don't enslave you. I did exactly this, but there was 1 Default Quest and i didn't know what to do with this.

I gave it another try, this time i disabled ALL Quests, but not the Quests from SD and the "Retrieve your Gear" Quest started again. Then i tried it again, but this time i enabled all Quests except the Default Quest (its the only one which has no percentage) and the "Retrieve your Gear" Quest started again. Then i checked my Inventory with "showinventory" and i saw that i still had all my stuff, nothing was missing and it seems Sanguine has not taken my stuff too (just like it was with SD+ 1.16)

So the "Retrieve your Gear" Quest will always started, no matter which Quests you enable or disable (and it can be completed by simply killing your former owner) as long as you disable the Default Quest DA will not take your stuff. Is there a way to make Sanguine take your gear but not DA?

@GrayElephant I never said that SD+ sucks, i would never do this because i love this Mod, i just don't like DA (don't like it at all).  

Ok I give up then.

SD uninstalled.

Sorry I couldn't help.. I don't use OBIS and I am already maxed out in my load order, so I couldn't test your issues with OBIS NPCs (I have to make hard choices now between mods I really want to have).

MO and it's Profile System Makes an Ideal Testing Setup to avoid Messing your own playthroughs. Moving a Full installed game from NMM or Wrye Bash is not simple due to conflict overwrites. A Method exists but as you've likely custom modded your installed Game, this program started out that way, so likely to be more. I would not recommend trying at all with your type of custom mod setup. New setup is best.

MO is ideal for Mod Makers/Testers it's why STEP switched from WryeBash, Testing on multiple setups is a simple one click switch.

Hey Skyrimll. Having a corrupt save issue with the newest Sexlab update so I'm just going to pretend there was never an update :sleepy:

What's the best way of installing the new SD over the old one with MO? Uninstall the old version, and install the new one? 

Just install the files over.

I don't use MO so I don't know if there is a special way to handle the update. Maybe @AwfulArchDemon or @Uhuru n'uru can comment on that.

1. If you are using an existing savegame it's no different than any other manager, then you must follow all the usual mod updating instructions
  2. If you are keeping a character and want to also run a new profile without you do above for first and start afresh for second, keeping both installed and activate each one as required
  3. All new game setup just start afresh and delete completely either in MO or in windows (MO will adjust)
  • In general New Folder = New Mod (Not Just Renaming) even with the same content, as far as MO is concerned every Folder within the designated Mod Folder is a Mod
  • You can choose where to place the main folder for both
    • Mods=Folders (SSD is best)
    • Downloads=Archives=*.7Z or *.Zip or *.RAr (HDD is best)
  • The installed mods are a collective pool that each profile can pick just what it needs from. Unselected Mods do not exist for that profile
    • This applies just to Mod Folders not plugins

MO then creates a virtual Data Folder combining the Vanilla Real Data Folder with all Mod Folders Ordered as Prioritized (MO's versatile Install Order alternative) by the current profile this is done on the fly and no files are actually lost due to losing a conflict.

This makes it the most powerful and versatile system for multiple game setups you could have.

• The major drawback is caused by mods being designed for NMM and Mods are isolated from each other unaware others exist
    • Sky UI saying SkSE is missing when it's not is usuall first encounter, ignoring this is all that's required
    • Mostly this has now been overcome due to diligent work by Tannin the sole programmer
    • The fact that he alone has done in his spare time what the paid full time NMM Devs still havn't is down to targeting one Game (Engine)
    • Oblivion, NV and Fallout are supported due to the engine but Skyrim is always the main Focus and priority

It is an amazing Progam in the most important and least appreciated field of modding, the Utilities, without which all modding would cease.

Sky UI is very good and It improves the UI admirably and it gets the glory for it, MCM is much more important though unsung. Even more so with SkSE, TESEdit, LOOT and of Course MO or Wrye Bash etc. Without these all the popular Mods would be nothing same goes for here with SSL. Even the Creation KIt, though gutted of many useful features that Bethesda used, it's still the main tool.

The Latest Texture Mod gets the glory but without the Utilities, most if not all mods would never exist.

Great Mod. Just my opinion.  As Submit and Defeat basically do the same things and making them work together seems to be very difficult, how about just adding a function where rape is another random event that may occur and can be adjusted as a percentage chance like the other features of the mod.  Also have feature where creature rape would occur.  Everyone would love for mods to work together, but SD+, defeat and submit seem to be mods that people will just have to make a decision on which to use.  I have kept up with all 3 mods for a very long time and each mod author has a vision of what direction they want the mod to go.  Submit is basically finished and if all the features of defeat are implemented that the mod author has discussed, SD+ would never work well with it.

If this Mod would enable creature rape and option of rape as I mentioned above I would choose this Mod, because it would do everything defeat and basically Submit does and so much more.

I would just like to thank you for the work you have done on this mod and sharing it. 

Great Mod. Just my opinion.  As Submit and Defeat basically do the same things and making them work together seems to be very difficult, how about just adding a function where rape is another random event that may occur and can be adjusted as a percentage chance like the other features of the mod.  Also have feature where creature rape would occur.  Everyone would love for mods to work together, but SD+, defeat and submit seem to be mods that people will just have to make a decision on which to use.  I have kept up with all 3 mods for a very long time and each mod author has a vision of what direction they want the mod to go.  Submit is basically finished and if all the features of defeat are implemented that the mod author has discussed, SD+ would never work well with it.

If this Mod would enable creature rape and option of rape as I mentioned above I would choose this Mod, because it would do everything defeat and basically Submit does and so much more.

I would just like to thank you for the work you have done on this mod and sharing it. 

A rape scenario for SD+DA is in the works. I ran into issues with my testing to get the right actors at the right time, so I didn't include it in this version but I want to bring back my code to have creatures assault you based on what you wear among other things.

Its great to see updates to SD. Keep it up.

Just wondering if anyone have figured out any good setting for enslavement.

Even with SD set to 100% in both SD and DA it only works about 50% of the time.

I get enslaved only for a second before all bindings are unequipped again. After a few seconds the npc's walk away and becomes hostile again.

Got all the required mods and im testing it on a fresh save against some forsworn.

@ Buffmutti. You're being your own worst enemy, in this case. I went out of my way to articulate all of the various SD & DA variables in the manual. I knew as soon as I downloaded DA that it would be daunting to use at first, so I offered to write the manual to alleviate some of the confusion.

Take a few minutes to read it. You confirmed that you hadn't touched the manual by complaining in your follow up post that you couldn't figure out what the settings did from the tooltips in the MCM Menu. That's the point of the manual.

If you've got the time to write a multi-paragraph post bitching about how the mod is a PITA now, you've got the time to read a couple of pages. "Your mod sucks because I can't be arsed to do a little reading" is a horseshit argument.

And if you think I'm just grumpy cause I was the one who wrote the manual, that's not it at all. I've grown close to this mod in the process of figuring out its guts in order to better explain them. The mod does ridiculously complex things, and does most of the work behind the scenes. It's a moderate miracle it can even work at all with the infinite variety of other mods any given player might be running. Skyrimll's talent along these lines can't be overstated. The mod can work if you invest a little energy into working with it.

/skyrimll cheerleading.

On another note...the inclusion of Defeat as a recommended mod was 99% my call. I slid that into the documentation of my own volition. SD 2.0 has removed sex scenes from the end of combat for the sake of functionality. If you want combat sex like 1.16 and previous, or if you want a way to do unarmed takedowns while enslaved, you'll need Defeat or Submit. The ONLY reason I chose to recommend Defeat over Submit is because of the minimum limit setting that Defeat offers, which allows for segregation between combat sex and death events. I tested Defeat's player-as-victim settings alongside SD pretty heavily in order to write the manual entry on getting the two to play nice. I wasn't intending to make it seem as though Defeat was superior to Submit, nor that SD would feel incomplete without Defeat. Just that, between the two, Defeat seems more likely to be compatible. The three mods really are fighting for the same turf in game.

You should have read my first post more carefully, i said that i have read the manual and that i have changed the settings to that what the manual said would be the best, including the setting to not disable the quests which are from factions which don't enslave you. I did exactly this, but there was 1 Default Quest and i didn't know what to do with this.

I gave it another try, this time i disabled ALL Quests, but not the Quests from SD and the "Retrieve your Gear" Quest started again. Then i tried it again, but this time i enabled all Quests except the Default Quest (its the only one which has no percentage) and the "Retrieve your Gear" Quest started again. Then i checked my Inventory with "showinventory" and i saw that i still had all my stuff, nothing was missing and it seems Sanguine has not taken my stuff too (just like it was with SD+ 1.16)

So the "Retrieve your Gear" Quest will always started, no matter which Quests you enable or disable (and it can be completed by simply killing your former owner) as long as you disable the Default Quest DA will not take your stuff. Is there a way to make Sanguine take your gear but not DA?

@GrayElephant I never said that SD+ sucks, i would never do this because i love this Mod, i just don't like DA (don't like it at all).  

Thanks for double-checking.

I checked the code and you are right, DA stealing your items is inside the DA enslavement quest. I forgot I had set up both DA stealing items and Sanguine taking them. I will disable the DA side (maybe make it optional later if people want both).

Timc1171, try this, seems to work fine for me. MCM > Death Alternative > Player Settings > General Sections > Animations. Default is Bleedout + Ragdoll, change to just bleedout (Ragdoll effect causes you to lay in whatever position rag dolling left you in when you get enslaved, and stuck in that position). Little bit below is Trigger. Change Per. Health Threshhold to something above 0%. I'm using 10%. For some reason when I had that at 0%, I would have problems getting enslaved.

If you are using Defeat, set Minimum Health (MCM > Defeat > Player as Victim) 1% above Death Alternatives Per. Health Threshhold.

I am also having the issue where my character wears a strapon, and also where the person who pays me for sex enters a bound pose before sex.

Sainare make sure your bleedout setting in the "player settings" menu doesn't include "rag doll". Ragdoll on bleedout does funky funky funky things

^ This. 

I can finally get enslaved :D

Also it seems my load order was a little fucked up and seemed to cause CTDs... it still does - will have to look at the load order again. 

Anyone know a convenient program where I can change the load order easily, rather than clicking up or down 80 or so times in the data files in skyrim launcher?

I am also having the issue where my character wears a strapon, and also where the person who pays me for sex enters a bound pose before sex.

Thanks for reporting this issue.

Whore / client were switched in the call to the sexlab scene.

That was apparently a problem in 1.16 as well and not reported yet.

It should be fixed in the next version.

Sainare make sure your bleedout setting in the "player settings" menu doesn't include "rag doll". Ragdoll on bleedout does funky funky funky things

^ This.

I can finally get enslaved :D.

Also it seems my load order was a little fucked up and seemed to cause CTDs... it still does - will have to look at the load order again.

Anyone know a convenient program where I can change the load order easily, rather than clicking up or down 80 or so times in the data files in skyrim launcher?

Boss or the new "loot"