its after the Jagged crown quest and Rikke is there but they don't talk

It seems everything works to the point the actual scene should start. The quest handling the punishment starts but the scene doesn't. Not sure why, haven't seen that before apart from other scenes blocking it temporarily. Though I can't remember the exact things that are going on in the war room after the jagged crown quest, it might be in a looping scene that's blocking it.

For the moment, you can skip it by disabling the punishments from the MCM menu before talking to anyone, and try again after the next part of the civil war. I'll try to see if there's anything special about that part where you're at.

So I've been testing the compatibility of this mod with Civil War Overhaul, and I'm not sure if I hit an incompatibility or if CWO has just gone crazy on it's own. I was able to complete the civil war quests up to and including the siege of Whiterun (on Imperial side), but the next missions after that took me to The Pale. These were going fine until Rikke announced that we were attacking Dawnstar... the attack began but after awhile it became clear that the waves of enemies were just not stopping. The attack failed (this is something that can happen in CWO) but later I got a message from a courier telling me that Whiterun was under attack. Unfortunately the quest that popped up was actually another attack on Dawnstar, which basically went as before with endless waves of enemies. I even set myself immortal to see if I could run around killing things fast enough, but I'd wipe out one group of enemies and turn around only to see a huge new group of them.

I have played CWO to completion (imperial side), and the Dawnstar thing is probably the single hardest part.  It really seems to be infinite waves of enemies.  It's not though, you just have to keep wiping them out as fast as you can and hoping/praying that your imperial buddies don't die too much.  It took me way, way too long to beat Dawnstar's BS, but it definitely is possible.  There's a second offensive that's similar in Winterhold, but it felt far easier to me than the bloodbath that was Dawnstar.  Hope that helps (?).

On the subject of DR-- this mod is great.  I really like what you're doing with the camps, especially, which always felt a little pointless to me in a normal game.  Keep up the good work!

I'll be hitting the pale later today, with CWO and having done a non-alternate start. Everything else is working well, script lag is below 50, in the last week I've crashed only due to safety load or hdt loverlies. I've only done one punishment (stole the key from Tullius' room) and the belt is currently excruciating. Think good thoughts ;)

So I've been testing the compatibility of this mod with Civil War Overhaul, and I'm not sure if I hit an incompatibility or if CWO has just gone crazy on it's own. I was able to complete the civil war quests up to and including the siege of Whiterun (on Imperial side), but the next missions after that took me to The Pale. These were going fine until Rikke announced that we were attacking Dawnstar... the attack began but after awhile it became clear that the waves of enemies were just not stopping. The attack failed (this is something that can happen in CWO) but later I got a message from a courier telling me that Whiterun was under attack. Unfortunately the quest that popped up was actually another attack on Dawnstar, which basically went as before with endless waves of enemies. I even set myself immortal to see if I could run around killing things fast enough, but I'd wipe out one group of enemies and turn around only to see a huge new group of them.

I have played CWO to completion (imperial side), and the Dawnstar thing is probably the single hardest part.  It really seems to be infinite waves of enemies.  It's not though, you just have to keep wiping them out as fast as you can and hoping/praying that your imperial buddies don't die too much.  It took me way, way too long to beat Dawnstar's BS, but it definitely is possible.  There's a second offensive that's similar in Winterhold, but it felt far easier to me than the bloodbath that was Dawnstar.  Hope that helps (?).

On the subject of DR-- this mod is great.  I really like what you're doing with the camps, especially, which always felt a little pointless to me in a normal game.  Keep up the good work!

Thanks! :D

updated to 1.4

went to do the fort mission on current account have just finished whiterun assault, galmar did not change camps and when i used moveto ended up getting punished in the old camp and have to move him to me to get freed as he did not arrive by 3pm was 11pm pervious day when i go caught. After getting freed he didnt have the dialouge to open the next for mission.

teleported  the the reach camp he was there and had the dialouge and after taking the belt off again am getting punished in that camp.

am not running civil war overhaul or anything else that modify s the quests

Quite impressed by this mod!

I went into it expecting minimal changes, but the punishment scenes, different pieces of gear, etc all added up very nicely.

Great work, Srende, and a great addition to the Devious Devices mod family!'

Nice to hear you like it! :D I originally thought would be easy point to start exploring skyrim questing & scriting by attaching my stuff to an existing quest. It has already grown quite a bit from that.

updated to 1.4

went to do the fort mission on current account have just finished whiterun assault, galmar did not change camps and when i used moveto ended up getting punished in the old camp and have to move him to me to get freed as he did not arrive by 3pm was 11pm pervious day when i go caught. After getting freed he didnt have the dialouge to open the next for mission.

teleported  the the reach camp he was there and had the dialouge and after taking the belt off again am getting punished in that camp.

am not running civil war overhaul or anything else that modify s the quests

So you used moveto to move yourself to galmar at first? That would explain the rest. Originally when you went to greet him in the new camp (where he wasn't yet?), were you wearing the belt?

Did you start/install the mod after already starting the civil war quest line? Or did you make a save without the mod some time after starting it?

Also, what does the console command

sqv cwbeltwatcherimperial

say? Substitute imperial for stormcloak if you're on that side.

So I have a few problems.. I think...

Stormcloak side.

Galmar (or w/e his name is), notice that I for the 2nd time don't use the belt.

He proceed to the punishing stage, so the PC get tied up. He draw the whip and don't do a thing. At this time it was at the Stormcloak outpost not far from Morthal, to test if it was just a case of that outpost I rolled back a bit, before the removal of the belt. and progressed with the faction questline till the next stormcloak camp not far from Solitude. The problem remained the same.

Is there something I have done wrong?

Is there something I can do to fix this? (no experience with modding) :P

Or is this just a bug that needs to be looked into?

Sorry if my English isn't good.

Great mod so far. ^^

Stormcloak side.

He proceed to the punishing stage, so the PC get tied up. He draw the whip and don't do a thing. At this time it was at the Stormcloak outpost not far from Morthal, to test if it was just a case of that outpost I rolled back a bit, before the removal of the belt. and progressed with the faction questline till the next stormcloak camp not far from Solitude. The problem remained the same.

Great mod so far. ^^

From the main post:

Issues & Compatibility

• The officers might sometimes get stuck with half drawn canes, this can be worked around in couple of ways:

* Wait 45 seconds for the scene to time out

* Use console to manually unequip & equip the cane again

* Use MCM menu to reset the punishment

It's generally just skyrim having issues with itself, easiest to just wait the 45 seconds.

Stormcloak side.

Great mod so far. ^^

From the main post:

Issues & Compatibility

• The officers might sometimes get stuck with half drawn canes, this can be worked around in couple of ways:

* Wait 45 seconds for the scene to time out

* Use console to manually unequip & equip the cane again

* Use MCM menu to reset the punishment

It's generally just skyrim having issues with itself, easiest to just wait the 45 seconds.

I've already done most of that, which is why I post here.

Waiting 45sec did nothing, I took time. :P waited 1min.. hehe

I don't know the command to unequip and equip from a specific target.

Reset Punishment from MCM didnt help in this case, but repeated the process of "not wearing belt for the 2nd time, time for punishment".

So either I did something wrong at step 3 or I need help with step 2 console command :P

Furthermore, if you unlock belt 2nd, and complete quest.

Save game.

Load saved game. He gets stuck at the dialog of where he says you will regret it.

However the workaround to that is to equip plugs, neck and belt, and unlock them all again. That fixed it for me, but then I got stuck at the thing I mentioned above. Dunno if this I just said is of any use, but the work around is easy enough.

To equip stuff on NPCs:

open console

click galmar

type showinventory

look for the ID of the cane, most likely last on the list

unequipitem ID

equipitem ID

If that doesn't help there really isn't much more I can do about it. The scenes in Skyrim aren't exactly reliable, which is why added the timeout timer for the whipping bit, it should end once Galmar/Tullius is done whipping or once 45s have passed. If it doesn't that would imply the scene is getting stuck before that part, which I don't really know how it could happen. As the whipping part should start right when you're tied to the pole.

complete what quest exactly?

To equip stuff on NPCs:

open console

click galmar

type showinventory

look for the ID of the cane, most likely last on the list

unequipitem ID

equipitem ID

If that doesn't help there really isn't much more I can do about it. The scenes in Skyrim aren't exactly reliable, which is why added the timeout timer for the whipping bit, it should end once Galmar/Tullius is done whipping or once 45s have passed. If it doesn't that would imply the scene is getting stuck before that part, which I don't really know how it could happen. As the whipping part should start right when you're tied to the pole.

complete what quest exactly?

Thank you for the fast support and feedback. :)

The equipitem and unqeuipitem command didn't fix it, sadly.

The quest I speak of is called : "Chastity Belt: Remove the belt before I loose my mind!"

Should be the 2nd quest, unless I am wrong.

That's the general chastity belt quest from Integration, it doesn't have any effect here actually.

That bit of dialogue might however take a while as it's doing some checking in the background what you're wearing and equipping you again. Depending on what other scripts you might have running. But if it doesn't go anywhere say after a minute, something is probably broken. Post your log, and I'll see if there's anything odd in that.

Small update:

v1.5

• Fixed a case where punishing officers would not move along with the civil war questline if player was without her belt for extented periods
  • You can now beg officers (and field commanders) for release.

in solitude i follow tullius in front of the cross for punish me than when he say me to go to the cross my pc can't move, the animation strt for tullius but my char is freezed where she stand. all i can do is reload the game. try mcm optin but dosen't work.

any help?

thx

in solitude i follow tullius in front of the cross for punish me than when he say me to go to the cross my pc can't move, the animation strt for tullius but my char is freezed where she stand. all i can do is reload the game. try mcm optin but dosen't work.

any help?

thx

Post your log and I'll take a look.

its after the Jagged crown quest and Rikke is there but they don't talk

Just tested this, and I think Rikke should stay in Korvanjund, while you get the axe delivery quest from Tullius. That might explain it, if there's some scene stuck previously for example, it would prevent mine from starting.

Did you start/install the mod after already starting the civil war quest line? Or did you make a save without the mod some time after starting it?

I started a new game. And the command says

---Quest State----

Enabled? No

State: Stopped

Current Stage: 0

Priority: 80

I started a new game. And the command says

---Quest State----

Enabled? No

State: Stopped

Current Stage: 0

Priority: 80

New game as in: you started a new game and ran the command without joining either faction, or, you started a new game and joined a faction and ran the command?

If it's the first case, then it's showing what it's supposed to.