Female Feet - WIP

lol I don't mean any disrespect' date=' but just because you don't have the skill to do something doesn't mean it can't be done...

It's just like the seams in all your other textures.

The biggest advice I can give you, is stop trying to fix seams in a 2d painting application. It's a nightmare and will take you forever.

Get a 3d painting app... Blender (completely free), or later versions of Photoshop can do it (I still do the 3d painting in Blender), then just smudge across the seams until they're gone, then take it back into Photoshop and make any final adjustments.

[/quote']

i will look into 3d painting as it is a good idea.

just so you know it is very disrespectful to say someone doesnt have the skill to do the job they are taking on, so saying you dont mean to be disrespectful doesnt make it any better of you.

Hello Mr. Phygit,

thank you very much for your efforts!

You can't imagine how the vanilla meshes bugged me ... I mean ... seriously Bethesda?! What were you thinking?

However, I have a question: Would it be possible to lengthen the nails a bit more, so that they roughly end with or just slightly protrude beyond the tip of the toe?

I know someone (think it was watshisface) in this thread suggested shortening them, but I disagree. Although I'm not totally into foot fetish, I admit, properly pedicured nails are a real looker and make a hotty even hotter. :heart::)

That said, I liked your initial length more.

Other than that: Keep it up, Phygit! :)

PS: While I'm at it: I'm using Xun's WIP Textures (for CBBE), which she posted in one of her Nexus mod comments. :)

Thank you Xun, I love them! A girl knows, what a man likes!

The hand textures are also gorgeous, too bad the vanilla hand mesh isn't. It needs some tweaking like Thor's hands for example.

...That said' date=' I liked your initial length more.

[/quote']

The 'length' of the nails (mesh) has not changed. You can do a bit of a fake nail lengthening by allocating more 'white' on the tips... which - due to my quickie/sloppy texturing job - is why the nails may have 'looked' longer than the 'corrected' textures that Xun did.

The 'length' of the nails (mesh) has not changed. You can do a bit of a fake nail lengthening by allocating more 'white' on the tips... which - due to my quickie/sloppy texturing job - is why the nails may have 'looked' longer than the 'corrected' textures that Xun did.

I was under the impression, that you in fact did change them, beacause on page 2 you agreed to Xun about the nails being too long.

But if that wasn't / isn't the case and you didn't shorten them, then please forget what I said. :)

Nevertheless, I'm still curious, whether there might be a longer version (as described) in the future. :blush:

I was under the impression' date=' that you in fact did change them, beacause on page 2 you agreed to Xun about the nails being too long.

But if that wasn't / isn't the case and you didn't shorten them, then please forget what I said. :)

Nevertheless, I'm still curious, whether there might be a longer version (as described) in the future. :blush:

[/quote']

Oh wait... sorry, I thought you were referring to a time after I released them. You're correct - I did shorten them from that very early image - I'd forgotten about that.

Frankly, I'm not inclined to lengthen them from what they are currently. I may do that down the road sometime, but I don't want to maintain too many versions at this point.

I then spent all day (well' date=' since I woke up 7-8 hours ago) wrestling with Blender, trying to get the .nif conversion done (it's [u']not[/u] that complicated a process - Blender's UI just plain sucks).

i like blenders ui :s

I think most people who hate it are just used to 3dsmax. As someone who found both equally confusing, Blender's design seems a lot more logical once you learn it. Not using Windows' windows will always be annoying though.

Oh wait... sorry' date=' I thought you were referring to a time after I released them. You're correct - I did shorten them from that very early image - I'd forgotten about that.

Frankly, I'm not inclined to lengthen them from what they are currently. I may do that down the road sometime, but I don't want to maintain too many versions at this point.[/quote']

Well ... as long as the answer doesn't contain "No, I will never ever change them as long as I live and beyond" I'm fine with it. Hope dies last. :)

(seriously, you did a great job regardless, because the vanilla feet are not from this world :P)

Looks fantastic!

You going to do meshes for argonians and khajiit feet too? paws and claws' date=' so they say?

[/quote']

I hadn't given that any thought... I think I'll leave that for someone else to work on :) (though they can use this mesh as a base to keep the uv-mapping the same).

;~; beast races get no love...

Is there currently a way to assign different bodyparts for different races yet?

Oh wait... sorry' date=' I thought you were referring to a time after I released them. You're correct - I did shorten them from that very early image - I'd forgotten about that.

Frankly, I'm not inclined to lengthen them from what they are currently. I may do that down the road sometime, but I don't want to maintain too many versions at this point.[/quote']

Well ... as long as the answer doesn't contain "No, I will never ever change them as long as I live and beyond" I'm fine with it. Hope dies last. :)

(seriously, you did a great job regardless, because the vanilla feet are not from this world :P)

Lengthening the nails should be a simple job, but here's the thing, unless you want to modify all the clothing or any armour meshes that display the toes yourself, the nails will be shortened again whenever any character isn't barefoot, and likewise with any modded content.

I wish they went back to the Morrowind system of actually wearing things on top of each other.

:) argonian feet textures are done :D spent a fair while matching up the msn map so it appears as close as possible with the large brown scales on the feet. here are some screenshots :D

Nice! What do you have left to do before you're ready... Khajit?

Looks fantastic!

You going to do meshes for argonians and khajiit feet too? paws and claws' date=' so they say?

[/quote']

I hadn't given that any thought... I think I'll leave that for someone else to work on :) (though they can use this mesh as a base to keep the uv-mapping the same).

;~; beast races get no love...

Is there currently a way to assign different bodyparts for different races yet?

Not that I'm aware of. Hell, we couldn't even get the game to use different textures (listed in the .nif) for the feet. I don't know that (if) either of those will change with the CK, either.

:) argonian feet textures are done :D spent a fair while matching up the msn map so it appears as close as possible with the large brown scales on the feet. here are some screenshots :D

yup khajiit wont take long, i have a good method to make it faster for me now.

ill avoid 3d texturing as blending is not helpful for textures with details. :) but thank you everyone for offering advice.

yup khajiit wont take long' date=' i have a good method to make it faster for me now.

ill avoid 3d texturing as blending is not helpful for textures with details. :) but thank you everyone for offering advice.

[/quote']

If you're talking about what Xun suggested, that's not really true if you only do it at the seams. Furthermore you can clone stamp.

Aren't argonian nails black? (Like their fingernails)

Phygit, I'm confident that won't be the case, beast races seem to have different hands at least, and fallout 3 or new vegas allowed different meshes, though I'm not sure if the clothing was done with scripting since I only recalled a male and female slot.

Nothing from aknot... His textures were god.

Yeah' date=' I sent him a PM a few days ago and never heard anything back from that either.

[/quote']

May be XunAmarox will do something. I hope.

I think doing the last set she did (with the old UVs) gave her a headache... but I hope so too (once she recovers) :).

Nothing from aknot... His textures were god.

Yeah' date=' I sent him a PM a few days ago and never heard anything back from that either.

[/quote']

May be XunAmarox will do something. I hope.

It was a nightmare that I spent with the norms the first time around... to not only move the UV but also resize things... that's a texturing nightmare. Well, I'll just say that I'm not exactly too eager to go through that all over again so soon right now.

I'll wait until Caliente does a final modified version of the foot with the body so I don't have to end up redoing it yet again.

I have a lot of other things on the texture I need to change and if I spend all my time redoing the feet for new revisions repeatedly... I'm not going to get done what I really want to get done.

So for the time being, I'm still using the older version (I'll never use beast races anyways lol).

Someone else will probably do the hard stuff, and if they do maybe I can fix the seams or something since that's easy for me. The hard thing is the colors on the norm... god, that's a nightmare...

Maybe it won't be as hard as I'm imagining, I dunno. I haven't even looked at it yet.

...I just took a look. Oh my god.. the entire shape changed! That would be pure and utter hell! >_<