Female Feet - WIP

Ok' date=' I'm just going to post the alpha version of the mesh here...

Please see the included readme file. If you create textures or get this working in game, please let me know :).

[/quote']

TYVM Phygit. :)

Just downloaded it. Do I have your permission to alter it (if needed), to my preference, for my body variants? Full credits, etc., to you, of course.

Absolutely - as does anyone else (as long as credit is given, of course).

Cheers.

Love your work. Any chance you could write a list of projects you intend? That will save me duplicating our work?

Thanks. Actually' date=' I probably won't do much else until the CK comes out (and I have the time to learn it, etc.).

[/quote']

OK. If you change your mind, i'd like (and all the users, i'm sure), the feet in high-heels position, with some high heels shoes/boots.

ty for ur preview,downloaded the file but as i cant mod shit or a simple rock :-/ ill have to wait for a nif.

cannot come to early,cause vanilla meshes look like: i used to be an adventurer like u,untill a stone smashed my feet.... pretty lame i know:P

so take ur time and keep up the good work

ty for ur preview' date='downloaded the file but as i cant mod shit or a simple rock :-/ ill have to wait for a nif.

cannot come to early,cause vanilla meshes look like: i used to be an adventurer like u,untill a stone smashed my feet.... pretty lame i know:P

so take ur time and keep up the good work

[/quote']

It's not that a stone smashed the vanilla feet. They are slowly turning into ducks and geese in Skyrim. Pretty soon you will see all the StromCLoaks paddling across the lakes and rivers. Thank goodness there is new feet on the way, we can halt their water foul evolution.

@ Phygit

I've obviously looked at thorpac feet. But now when i look at the other femalefeet.obj i see some of the points have got corrupted.

At least' date=' that's what i see. Just letting you know.

[/quote']

D'oh! indeed - thanks for reporting that... and shame on me for not double-checking before zipping it up. I'll post an update in a few minutes.

Love your work. Any chance you could write a list of projects you intend? That will save me duplicating our work?

Thanks. Actually' date=' I probably won't do much else until the CK comes out (and I have the time to learn it, etc.).

[/quote']

The ck coming out wont effect modeling and texturing, just esp editing and making. We will still have to use the same methods we are currently using to get meshes into the game. Might as well learn nao :D

Hey mans! Wtf problem adapt "roberts better feet" to skyrim model? I do it now, but have 2 problems - size adaptation and skin place after sizing. Bones and vertex weight work fine in game with original model (after oblivion "feet/foot model" bones adaptation for skyrim skeleton of course).

Sorry folks, I was in a rush and did that default/CBBE foot mesh in a hurry and messed it up. The attached file is just that one .obj file (femalefeet.obj). It fixes the mis-welded verts and also fixes the uv-mapping around the shin-opening.

EDIT: removed download link - see the first post in this thread for the latest.

[/quote']

The ck coming out wont effect modeling and texturing, just esp editing and making. We will still have to use the same methods we are currently using to get meshes into the game. Might as well learn nao :D

I actually don't know much about the CK - or NifSkope for that matter - I guess I was hoping to avoid having to learn Blender, but it sounds like that'll be needed unless the CK or NifSkope grow better IO options (ie. FBX or something).

The initial phase of adaptation (coarse study) - the model is very crude and does not have UV maps (but its easy can be fixed from original model), but it is already on the skeleton and it works exactly like it should work in the game. If interested I will describe the process - it is very simple. Sorry for bad english )

The initial phase of adaptation (coarse study) - the model is very crude and does not have UV maps (but its easy can be fixed from original model)' date=' but it is already on the skeleton and it works exactly like it should work in the game. If interested I will describe the process - it is very simple. Sorry for bad english )

[/quote']

Cool - thanks - I'll take a look. I'd also be interested in hearing your process if/when you have the time.

The initial phase of adaptation (coarse study) - the model is very crude and does not have UV maps (but its easy can be fixed from original model)' date=' but it is already on the skeleton and it works exactly like it should work in the game. If interested I will describe the process - it is very simple. Sorry for bad english )

[/quote']

I like the poly-reduction and the reshaping/adjustments... but it looks like you have the feet scaled no-longer-tall-enough to meet the legs and also the feet are too close together now (in other words, they are floating free, not connected/welded to the legs.

I assume you know this (?), but you did say "...and it works exactly like it should work in the game", but you might have just meant that "the mesh is in the game, connected to the skeleton"(?).

My try explain (bad english, sorry. Instruments i use nifscope and 3ds max:

I try convert existing oblivion model to SK format.

1. I convert skyrim skeleton to fallout3 (my abbreviation F3) - its easy: use nifscope to change user version 1&2 (12&83) skyrim (my abbreviation SK) in skeleton model to 11&34 (F3) and save it. Now i have skyrim skeleton in F3 format.

2. I get original `roberts feet` oblivion model and convert it to "f3" format: in nifskope change nitexture and nimaterial to f3 format (BSShaderPPlighting) node, change userversions to f3 (like in step1).

3. Rename bones in step2 model to SK format: Rename "Bip01 L Foot" to "NPC L Foot [Lft ]" etc.

4 *important!* copy all bones coordinates&pivots from original skyrim femalefoot_0.nif (or skeleton from step1): ninode values translation & rotation - to our model from step2-3. Dont pay attention on ugly model transforms ;)

5.*important!* add one "dummy" bone-node from oblivion-f3: name "bip0 .....". without this u cant import this model in 3dsmax with skeleton maked at step 1.

6. Save this and import model to 3ds max. "import skeleton" must be checked - point to our skeleton from step1.

7. In 3ds: Select mesh feets object, press "modify" tab, select "editable mesh" modifier and answer "yes" on question. Now "ugly transforms" gone and i have full worked, plain, and SK compatible object with vertex weigths.

(and UV maps and Normals) in 3ds max. Bones dont work now in 3ds, its no problem because they work in game after export. In this step i have envelope-bone-independet model in 3ds, but it vertexs have proper masses to SK bones, sounds crazy but its work.

*****There I have problem! - must change feet size and positions to original skyrim feet model and body (and move feets to ORIGINAL SK bones positions, not link only move and align). if i change feet size - i have problem with texturing....****

If u - export it back to f3 format nif and copy texture data from oblivion model

(of course data must be manual converted to SK format like in original SK foot model), add 2 "partition" values to BSdismemderSkininstance (look it in SK nif), change userversions to 12&83, add "Vertex Colors" to NiTriShape node

- .nif work in game fine.

I not 3d modeller and try this tools only week ago :), but i sure not hard to adopt existing model to skyrim now.

Hope my exploration help make good feets or adaptation feets mods from oblivion to skyrim. :)

Sorry folks' date=' I was in a rush and did that default/CBBE foot mesh in a hurry and messed it up. The attached file is just that one .obj file (femalefeet.obj). It fixes the mis-welded verts and also fixes the uv-mapping around the shin-opening.

[/quote']

just noticed this one has no toe nails, looks briliant so far, only noticed as i am re-texturing them for Beast Race Beautiful :) but i guess there being no toenails allows for nails to be added like claws which would be briliant :D

Sorry folks' date=' I was in a rush and did that default/CBBE foot mesh in a hurry and messed it up. The attached file is just that one .obj file (femalefeet.obj). It fixes the mis-welded verts and also fixes the uv-mapping around the shin-opening.

[/quote']

just noticed this one has no toe nails, looks briliant so far, only noticed as i am re-texturing them for Beast Race Beautiful :) but i guess there being no toenails allows for nails to be added like claws which would be briliant :D

Eh? It does have toenails (I just re-checked). The .nif that SZlodey posted doesn't have toenails, but my .obj file does.

[/quote']

Eh? It does have toenails (I just re-checked). The .nif that SZlodey posted doesn't have toenails, but my .obj file does.

There's nothing really keeping toenails from morphing into claws, is there? As long as that detail's there, well, this is the next generation of video games, right?

Another attempt, now I've had time to show exactly what I said in my previous post.

The archive is: feet for evaluation in the game; 3DS file with 2n layers in which I made a rough adjustment, and a complete skeleton skirim in F3 format. Textures in the following file. Look at the skeleton - the axis (pivots) perpendicular to the bone now and not running in parallel to them as before in obliviona and f3. Again, I do not 3d-modeller because I do not know how to precise align vertixs and how to fix existing texture to the resulting meshes. Can you get better? But, as seen in the game, model fastened almost to where it is necessary, and most importantly works on the bones as it should.

Another attempt' date=' now I've had time to show exactly what I said in my previous post.

The archive is: feet for evaluation in the game; 3DS file with 2n layers in which I made a rough adjustment, and a complete skeleton skirim in F3 format. Textures in the following file. Look at the skeleton - the axis (pivots) perpendicular to the bone now and not running in parallel to them as before in obliviona and f3. Again, I do not 3d-modeller because I do not know how to precise align vertixs and how to fix existing texture to the resulting meshes. Can you get better? But, as seen in the game, model fastened almost to where it is necessary, and most importantly works on the bones as it should.

[/quote']

wow that actually worked! thanks SZlodey. But I still have a problem with the textures :P I don't know where to install them and when I leave them out I get this weird looking texture on the feet. Any suggestions?

Oh for anyone that didn't figure out how to install the mesh you just copy it into your "Skyrim\Data\meshes\actors\character\character assets" folder, if that doesn't do it then make a copy of the file on your desktop and rename it to femalefeet_1 then copy that to the same folder it should work then ;)

phygit' date=' your feet are ready for use in game, i sent them back to thor to get the textures done. i already tested them but i was too lazy to take screenshots. btw did the thank you fuction dissapear?

[/quote']Textures are already done and posted. The textures show up broken again. Same as our fingernail problem.