Female Feet - WIP

Hmm. Well I've been using this mod for a bit and so far it's working pretty well' date=' though I've noticed something a little odd:

Female NPCs, of all races it seems, now have this bizarre blueish tint around their breasts. Here's what I mean:

http://img193.imageshack.us/img193/6198/weirdtits.jpg

[/quote']

Hmm.. odd.. I assume that you're using the included textures? Which textures were you using before? It may just be the way the lighting (in that area?) relfects off the breast-texture (which is 'lighter' than most of the rest of the texture). You might also want to take a look at your femalebody_sk.dds file - if you have one installed from some other mod (it seems to be used to add shadowing).

Well I literally have no other texture mods except No Blocky Faces. Removing the files from this mod fixed the issue. I'll try downloading the current latest file and see if that changes anything.

On another note' date=' is there a replacer for the male feet?

[/quote']

No male feet that I'm aware of.

It's really hard to say what the problem is, based on the tiny image that you posted, from one particular lighting situation :).

-snip-

Well here's a better screenshot:

http://img28.imageshack.us/img28/2461/tesv2011123019260707.jpg

Hope you can see the issue clearer. This hasn't gone away with the latest version I'm afraid.

I should note that I am not using CBBE or any other body replacer.

Ahh.. OK yeah, that just looks like the way this less-saturated body (breast-area) texture interacts with the lighting. I based the textures on Thepal's "Nude Female" mod... you can find .psd resource files as optional downloads if you want to adjust them.

Ahh.. OK yeah' date=' that just looks like the way this less-saturated body (breast-area) texture interacts with the lighting. I based the textures on Thepal's "Nude Female" mod... you can find .psd resource files as optional downloads if you want to adjust them.

[/quote']

Well I have no experience at all with editing texture files :/ I wouldn't have a single clue what to do with these.

Of course, if I were to use Thepal's Nude Female, would that resolve the issue? Worth a shot.

Ahh.. OK yeah' date=' that just looks like the way this less-saturated body (breast-area) texture interacts with the lighting. I based the textures on Thepal's "Nude Female" mod... you can find .psd resource files as optional downloads if you want to adjust them.

[/quote']

Well I have no experience at all with editing texture files :/ I wouldn't have a single clue what to do with these.

Of course, if I were to use Thepal's Nude Female, would that resolve the issue? Worth a shot.

No... I didn't adjust the breast area from Thepal's file, so it would be exactly the same (assuming that's the problem). Also, it wouldn't have the (adjusted) new foot texture.

Here's a quickie test file to try (unzip it, then copy it to the correct path, replacing the existing "femalebody_1.dds" file from my mod):

Whoops' date=' sorry for the late reply!

Yup, works perfectly! Can never thank you enough for this whole mod! :)

The lack of XCE compatibility is a bummer though.

[/quote']

Ahh - no problem - glad to hear that it helped.

Just realised- You could easily add claws for the beasts then make them invisible using the alpha. You can't do a completely different mesh like the awesome digitigrade ones from Morrowind, but that was never the plan was it? Now get to work! *Whooich*

I think I also know why the feet looked so horrible now, because the lazy devs wanted to share the model. The feet actually looks unexpectedly good on the Khajiit with the painted on claws, reasonable enough when most cats have retractable claws. Meanwhile humans and Argonians look like frogs.

Just realised- You could easily add claws for the beasts then make them invisible using the alpha. You can't do a completely different mesh like the awesome digitigrade ones from Morrowind' date=' but that was never the plan was it? Now get to work! *Whooich*

I think I also know why the feet looked so horrible now, because the lazy devs wanted to share the model. The feet actually looks unexpectedly good on the Khajiit with the painted on claws, reasonable enough when most cats have retractable claws. Meanwhile humans and Argonians look like frogs.

[/quote']

Booooo! You're not supposed to think of things that I failed to think of!

[heh... good idea - I may do that at some point]

Oh and yeah... I never really messed with non-human races - but looked at them the other day and came to the same conclusions... the default feet do look decent on them and it explains why they did that (aside from being lazy).

I like your sense of humour. Also I checked them out again and have to say these are probably the best looking feet I've seen in any game, I didn't follow the development but are they scratch made? Bang up job on the texture too. Yup I'd say they're finalised. Are all the exposed footwear covered(doesn't that sound silly?)? I'm happy to lend a hand, or once you get onto male feet.

[/quote']

If you have any image editing program it shouldn't be hard to blend, especially since XCE maintains the default art direction.

[/quote']

If you have any image editing program it shouldn't be hard to blend, especially since XCE maintains the default art direction.

Actually, the latest update for XCE includes my foot mod (and his/her compatible textures).

I like your sense of humour. Also I checked them out again and have to say these are probably the best looking feet I've seen in any game' date=' I didn't follow the development but are they scratch made? Bang up job on the texture too. Yup I'd say they're finalised. Are all the exposed footwear covered(doesn't that sound silly?)? I'm happy to lend a hand, or once you get onto male feet.

[/quote']

The base foot model is one I've been tinkering with off and on for several years now but if I recall correctly, they were originally based on work done by "bunk" on a free model named "Low Poly Meg".

I may or may not have started adapting them for males (if you ask, I'll deny it), but no time-frame yet, either way.

I like your sense of humour. Also I checked them out again and have to say these are probably the best looking feet I've seen in any game' date=' I didn't follow the development but are they scratch made? Bang up job on the texture too. Yup I'd say they're finalised. Are all the exposed footwear covered(doesn't that sound silly?)? I'm happy to lend a hand, or once you get onto male feet.

[/quote']

The base foot model is one I've been tinkering with off and on for several years now but if I recall correctly, they were originally based on work done by "bunk" on a free model named "Low Poly Meg".

I may or may not have started adapting them for males (if you ask, I'll deny it), but no time-frame yet, either way.

Looking good man, swiftly dodging accusations of sexism. So I take that as a "yes" for the footwear being done?

[/quote']

Looking good man, swiftly dodging accusations of sexism. So I take that as a "yes" for the footwear being done?

Oh, re: footwear... the Falmer Boots and Wedding Sandals are included in the v3.0 release. The sandals have a problem when you're character is set to somewhere between 'light' and 'heavy', but it's on the bottom of the sandal, so not too noticable (I'll fix it as soon as I figure out how).

The only other footwear missing (as far as I know) are the foot-wraps that you're wearing as a prisoner in the beginning of the game. I had an issue with those that needs to be worked out as well.

• 4 months later...

doesnt work

Not really a helpful error report.

With your weirdness with the feet between weights, did you make any changes to the mesh between the 0 and 1 weighted versions? Basically any added or removed vertexes (and sometimes when it loses the vertex order) will cause the mesh to go haywire between 0 and 100 weight.

doesnt work

Not really a helpful error report.

With your weirdness with the feet between weights' date=' did you make any changes to the mesh between the 0 and 1 weighted versions? Basically any added or removed vertexes (and sometimes when it loses the vertex order) will cause the mesh to go haywire between 0 and 100 weight.

[/quote']

No added or removed verts and no vert re-ordering... I was/a quite aware of those limitations, which is why I'm stumped as to what the problem is (on the sandals).

Honestly, I haven't played the game in quite a while now, so I doubt that I'll invest anymore time in it until/unless I start playing again.

Cheers.