Jump to content

Curse of Life - Alternate Pregnancy Mod


Recommended Posts

Posted
On 10/7/2026 at 11:20 AM, RedCrab08 said:

Hello, I’m using a translator, so I apologize in advance if there are any linguistic errors in my text.

I downloaded and installed the latest version of Curse of Life along with SexLab P+ and More Nasty Critters, and started a new game. SL and MNC launched and are working normally, but CoL only initializes the MCM menu; none of the scripts from the mod are working. Manually launching via MCM, installing an older version, trying different positions in the plugin list, and checking dependencies don’t help. I installed everything via MO2. Please help me solve the problem.

Papyrus.0.log 301.64 kB · 1 download

 

So looking at your log file, there's a LOT of errors going on there (not just from my mod) and if I had to guess, when you were following the SexLab P+ instructions, it had you get an old copy of SexLab also.  In the older SexLab, there's some old RaceMenu files floating amongst the actual files that are very out of date and cause issues.  In MO2, left hand pane, right click on the old SexLab and Send To > Lowest priority.  You want EVERYTHING to overwrite that old SexLab, not just P+.

 

See if that works better for you.  If that isn't it, you've definitely got something else causing a bit of havoc with out of date files.

 

On 10/6/2026 at 5:51 PM, Tezarius said:

Bug: Curse of Life destroys other mods' iWant Widgets (e.g. Unforgiving Devices meters)

 

Hi! I found a bug in CurseOfLifeMasterEvent.psc that removes widgets belonging to other mods that use iWant Widgets.

 

Cause. iWant Widgets IDs are shared by all mods. After every game load the library resets: all widgets are removed and IDs start again from 1. Curse of Life keeps its widget IDs in script variables, so they are saved with the game. It never sets them back to -1 after destroy(). LoadWidgets() runs every in-game hour (timePassed > 1), after a curse hit and after eggs are released. Each time it calls DestroyWidgets() with these old IDs, which by then may belong to another mod's widgets.

 

blessingText is also initialized to 1 instead of -1: int blessingText = 1. So even when the Curse of Life widget is disabled (CurseOfLife_ShowWidget = 0, the default), every LoadWidgets() call destroys widget #1 of the current session, whichever mod owns it.

 

Symptom. Meters of other mods disappear at random and come back only after reloading a save. For example, the Unforgiving Devices arousal and struggle/cutting meters. Their icons may stay on screen, because an icon is a separate widget.

 

Suggested fix:

int blessingText = -1   ; was 1

Event OnWidgetReset(String eventName, String strArg, Float numArg, Form sender)
    If eventName == "iWantWidgetsReset"
        ForgetWidgets()   ; the library has already removed everything, saved ids are not ours anymore
    EndIf
    ; ... original code ...
endevent

function DestroyWidgets()
    bool iWantWidgetsInstalled = isModInstalled("iWant Widgets.esl")
    if(iWantWidgetsInstalled)
        charusIcon = DestroyWidgetId(charusIcon)
        charusText = DestroyWidgetId(charusText)
        ; ... same for every widget id variable ...
        totalPercent = DestroyWidgetId(totalPercent)
    endif
endfunction

int function DestroyWidgetId(int id)
    if(id > 0 && iWidgets)
        iWidgets.destroy(id)
    endif
    return -1
endfunction

function ForgetWidgets()
    charusIcon = -1
    charusText = -1
    ; ... same for every widget id variable ...
    totalPercent = -1
endfunction

 

Thanks for the mod!

 

Sorry for AI text)

 

I greatly appreciate this bug report and I'll be releasing a fix here in a bit.  Thanks!

 

On 10/5/2026 at 11:24 PM, mathy8 said:

I made a small mod that builds on an idea I brought up a bit ago. This is my first real mod, so I would appreciate any feedback.

 

Broodmother

 

Requirements:

Curse of Life and its requirements

Pandora

 

While carrying eggs, you are able to use the spell "Birth Hatchling" which gives you the ability to spawn up to 2 spiders with a 10 second cooldown. These spiders do not count against your summon limit and last until they die. You can find this tome in the giant spider room in Bleak Falls Barrow, on a table.

 

You can also craft consumables that greatly enhance the abilities of the spiders for a period of time. They all cost 2 blessed spider eggs and a greater soul gem to craft.

 

- Soul of the Sycotode : Your spiders prefer range and deal stacking poison that also damages magicka.

- Soul of the Chitin : Your spiders prefer melee and gain significant health and damage resist.

- Soul of the Swarm : You may now birth 3 spiders at a time with no cooldown.

- Soul of the Devoured : You absorb the life of your spiders, healing you for 3.75% of your maximum health per spider when under 100% health. Your spiders become passive.

 

Pandora is required as there is a soul gem insertion animation that plays when you use one of these consumables. I may remove this feature its too finicky 😛

 

What I'd like to be able to do:

A permanent curse that constantly keeps you filled visually and spiders are limited by the eggs available.

 

If any part of this could be used with the COL quests or integrated outright, I'm fine with that as I don't plan on supporting this for very long.

broodmother.zip 85.67 kB · 2 downloads

 

That's very cute and I look forward to checking it out.  If I end up implementing it into the main mod or as an official addon, I'll make sure you get a mention, thanks!

Posted

Heya I give it a try with the new SLIF NG but there is something that trouble me. Just for some context I decided to update the old SLIF with the NG version from crajjj and used your mod for testing if everything worked as the old SLIF :) 

 

I don't know if this is normal but my character quickly inflates then deflates every time it hits the timer defines in 

 

So as I was testing SLIF NG (0.4.14)  with the Curse of Life (4.3.1) in a new game, every MCM parameters were at default.

The "Use SLIF for Inflation" in Mod Extras  is checked by default if I'm not mistaken and I want this mod and any other mods (i.e. MME) to be controlled by SLIF NG

BUT the character morphs goes up and down everytime the Update Scripts Runs every in Player Curse Info hits.

If that can help I can put a video.

 

How to reproduce:

- New game, wait couple times for all mod initialization, Install Sexlab in its MCM then save

- Load save

- Curse of Life MCM: It shows Beta V4.2

-- Settings > "Charus" egg size changed from 0.50 to 8 per egg so the womb is filling quicker

-- Player Curse Info > Apply "Charus" curse ticked

- Wait 3 Hours in game to make the Belly fill

- Every 10 seconds when the "Update Scripts Runs every" hit, the character belly goes deflating then reinflates

 

Just to confirm, I changed the Update Scripts value from 10 to 60 (max value) and it happens every 60 seconds so this may be the Update scripts that cause this. I did not tested 0 second, what is the result of putting it to 0 ?

 

After that, when I untick "Use SLIF for Inflation" the deflation/inflation caused by the update script seems to disappear.

 

Just for information I checked "Allow Weight gain" in the Settings section, I ate 20 Mammoth Cheese, my character weight points in the Stats section shows 215.516388 and the morphs sliders from the weight gains takes effect and reenabling the "Use SLIF for Inflation" with the "Allow weight gain" is even more noticeable with the deflating/inflating thing as both the belly and breasts goes frenzy before stabilizing right after.

 

Is it normal ?

I can provide screens / videos if needed

 

By the way, the OviMovement is quite awesome :D 

 

Another quick question: The ingest means consuming food/potions/cum and such right ?

 

Posted

I modified the config to make it work with Erin, but even after setting the curse probability to 100%, it isn't working.
I entered the Editor ID, but could it be incorrect?

 

{
    "stringList" : 
    {
        "race_whitelist" : [
            "Argonian",
            "Breton",
            "Dark Elf",
            "High Elf",
            "Imperial",
            "Khajiit",
            "Nord",
            "Orc",
            "Redguard",
            "Wood Elf",
            "ErinRace"
        ],
 

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, tholos said:

Heya I give it a try with the new SLIF NG but there is something that trouble me. Just for some context I decided to update the old SLIF with the NG version from crajjj and used your mod for testing if everything worked as the old SLIF :) 

 

I don't know if this is normal but my character quickly inflates then deflates every time it hits the timer defines in 

 

So as I was testing SLIF NG (0.4.14)  with the Curse of Life (4.3.1) in a new game, every MCM parameters were at default.

The "Use SLIF for Inflation" in Mod Extras  is checked by default if I'm not mistaken and I want this mod and any other mods (i.e. MME) to be controlled by SLIF NG

BUT the character morphs goes up and down everytime the Update Scripts Runs every in Player Curse Info hits.

If that can help I can put a video.

 

How to reproduce:

- New game, wait couple times for all mod initialization, Install Sexlab in its MCM then save

- Load save

- Curse of Life MCM: It shows Beta V4.2

-- Settings > "Charus" egg size changed from 0.50 to 8 per egg so the womb is filling quicker

-- Player Curse Info > Apply "Charus" curse ticked

- Wait 3 Hours in game to make the Belly fill

- Every 10 seconds when the "Update Scripts Runs every" hit, the character belly goes deflating then reinflates

 

Just to confirm, I changed the Update Scripts value from 10 to 60 (max value) and it happens every 60 seconds so this may be the Update scripts that cause this. I did not tested 0 second, what is the result of putting it to 0 ?

 

After that, when I untick "Use SLIF for Inflation" the deflation/inflation caused by the update script seems to disappear.

 

Just for information I checked "Allow Weight gain" in the Settings section, I ate 20 Mammoth Cheese, my character weight points in the Stats section shows 215.516388 and the morphs sliders from the weight gains takes effect and reenabling the "Use SLIF for Inflation" with the "Allow weight gain" is even more noticeable with the deflating/inflating thing as both the belly and breasts goes frenzy before stabilizing right after.

 

Is it normal ?

I can provide screens / videos if needed

 

By the way, the OviMovement is quite awesome :D 

 

Another quick question: The ingest means consuming food/potions/cum and such right ?

 

 

Okay, to confirm, you did grab the newest update that I put out yesterday?  I had a bug in the original 4.3 release where the files weren't in the correct directory, so you need 4.3.1 for sure.  Also, the Use SLIF for Inflation does have to be enabled, it doesn't enable automatically (this is to allow morphs from without it to be cleared if needed)

 

To confirm you have 4.3.1, in the inflation mod it should show the mod name source on changes as a tag like COL_MODKEY_BELLY instead of just Curse of Life.

 

Quote

By the way, the OviMovement is quite awesome :D 

 

Thanks!  I spent way too much time on that, lol.

 

Quote

Another quick question: The ingest means consuming food/potions/cum and such right ?

 

Anything that's tagged as food, ingredient, potion, or drink should automatically work when consumed.

Edited by Fairwyn
Posted
24 minutes ago, skknnnn said:

I modified the config to make it work with Erin, but even after setting the curse probability to 100%, it isn't working.
I entered the Editor ID, but could it be incorrect?

 

{
    "stringList" : 
    {
        "race_whitelist" : [
            "Argonian",
            "Breton",
            "Dark Elf",
            "High Elf",
            "Imperial",
            "Khajiit",
            "Nord",
            "Orc",
            "Redguard",
            "Wood Elf",
            "ErinRace"
        ],
 

 

In COL, under the debug menu options, it should report to you exactly what the game detects your race string to be.  Make sure what you entered into the file matches that.

Posted
3 minutes ago, Fairwyn said:

 

Okay, to confirm, you did grab the newest update that I put out yesterday?  I had a bug in the original 4.3 release where the files weren't in the correct directory, so you need 4.3.1 for sure.  Also, the Use SLIF for Inflation does have to be enabled, it doesn't enable automatically (this is to allow morphs from without it to be cleared if needed)

 

image.png.a93b68e95927ab5a854018c907c439f7.png

 

It seems I have the older one.

I will test again with the newest one and see if it's better :) 

 

 

Posted
6 minutes ago, tholos said:

 

image.png.a93b68e95927ab5a854018c907c439f7.png

 

It seems I have the older one.

I will test again with the newest one and see if it's better :) 

 

 

 

Yeah.... sorry about that. My extremely tired ass dropped the compiled files into the source directory instead of scripts when I went to make the production zip and I didn't realize it until I went to start on the 4.4 update.

 

4.3.1 should look fantastic.  I was really happy with how smooth the inflation is.

Posted (edited)
32 minutes ago, Fairwyn said:

 

Yeah.... sorry about that. My extremely tired ass dropped the compiled files into the source directory instead of scripts when I went to make the production zip and I didn't realize it until I went to start on the 4.4 update.

 

4.3.1 should look fantastic.  I was really happy with how smooth the inflation is.

Can confirm the 4.3.1 solved my issue thanks :) 

 

By the way, as much as I like the dynamic animation from OviMovement, for some reason when I have it activated, it affects my FPS and have some stutters :/ 

 

Is there a way to activate the Oviposition 1 to 6 without the dynamic movement ? 

Because when I uncheck "Enable Oviposition for Inflation", the Oviposition sliders in the Slider section disappear and is no longer applied by the mod.

 

 

I am pretty sure from older CoL version it was possible to have Oviposition without the dynamic movement. That's sad because I like it but this is not playable on my end :( 

 

Oh and I can almost confirm it's due to the movement because when I'm naked, the stutters happens every 2-3 seconds and when I equip an outfit (which hasn't the Oviposition sliders applied to it), the FPS goes back to 60 constantly.

Edited by tholos
Posted
Just now, tholos said:

Can confirm the 4.3.1 solved my issue thanks :) 

 

By the way, as much as I like the dynamic animation from OviMovement, for some reason when I have it activated, it affects my FPS and have some stutters :/ 

 

Is there a way to activate the Oviposition 1 to 6 without the dynamic movement ? 

Because when I uncheck "Enable Oviposition for Inflation", the Oviposition sliders in the Slider section disappear and is no longer applied by the mod.

 

 

I am pretty sure from older CoL version it was possible to have Oviposition without the dynamic movement. That's sad because I like it but this is not playable on my end :( 

 

Ohh, interesting.  I'll add an option for it.  Just to make sure, you don't have the OviMovement mod installed right?  I have a built-in system and OviMovement itself is no longer used because it had some glitches and performance issues.

 

In any case, I'll work in a toggle for the movement into this next release.

Posted
26 minutes ago, Fairwyn said:

 

Ohh, interesting.  I'll add an option for it.  Just to make sure, you don't have the OviMovement mod installed right?  I have a built-in system and OviMovement itself is no longer used because it had some glitches and performance issues.

 

In any case, I'll work in a toggle for the movement into this next release.

Nope, never installed the OviMovement and checked in my MO2 just in case :) 

 

image.png.67d21ac7b0bbe3a25924ce44439e4507.png

 

Sure, take your time and thank you for your mod, I will wait for this feature toggle !

Posted
9 minutes ago, tholos said:

Nope, never installed the OviMovement and checked in my MO2 just in case :) 

 

image.png.67d21ac7b0bbe3a25924ce44439e4507.png

 

Sure, take your time and thank you for your mod, I will wait for this feature toggle !

 

This has me so damn curious.... see, the fact that the stutter stops for you when you put clothing on tells me it's something in the egg rendering itself because how my mod is changing the eggs is just by updating the morph values via a non-blocking event.  The event doesn't actually care whether the morphs can be seen or not, it's just passing the morph value changes along... so technically, the eggs are still moving under those clothes, you just can't see them.

 

We can move this to a PM if you prefer, but I'm curious what body you have installed and other things, like normal maps etc.  I'd love to see if I can recreate the issue and actually provide a solution.

 

 

Posted
1 minute ago, Fairwyn said:

 

This has me so damn curious.... see, the fact that the stutter stops for you when you put clothing on tells me it's something in the egg rendering itself because how my mod is changing the eggs is just by updating the morph values via a non-blocking event.  The event doesn't actually care whether the morphs can be seen or not, it's just passing the morph value changes along... so technically, the eggs are still moving under those clothes, you just can't see them.

 

We can move this to a PM if you prefer, but I'm curious what body you have installed and other things, like normal maps etc.  I'd love to see if I can recreate the issue and actually provide a solution.

 

 

As you wish :D

 

Right now all I can say is, I'm using a custom 3BA body (3BA with additional sliders such as Ovi, UBE anus and others), latest CoL, latest SLIF NG to this date.

Using MuDynamicNormalMap 2.1.6 (2.1.13 is the latest)

Rudy ENB.

Skyrim SE 1.6.1170

 

Tell me what specific information you need so I can anticipate what to give you :D 

My modlist is not that small (1266 active plugins right now)

 

 

 

Posted
2 minutes ago, tholos said:

As you wish :D

 

Right now all I can say is, I'm using a custom 3BA body (3BA with additional sliders such as Ovi, UBE anus and others), latest CoL, latest SLIF NG to this date.

Using MuDynamicNormalMap 2.1.6 (2.1.13 is the latest)

Rudy ENB.

Skyrim SE 1.6.1170

 

Tell me what specific information you need so I can anticipate what to give you :D 

My modlist is not that small (1266 active plugins right now)

 

 

 

 

I'll put MuDynamicNormalMap back on my test build and see if I can replicate with that.  It's the only thing that stands out as a potential render issue and different from what I have been testing with so far.  I had done some performance tests with it earlier but that was before the SLIF changes.  Worst case, I'll throw it into my Nolvus and see if I can make it choke there.

 

Thanks for reporting it and submitting to poking, lol... curiosity kills the cat but satisfaction brings it back.

Posted
1 hour ago, Fairwyn said:

 

I'll put MuDynamicNormalMap back on my test build and see if I can replicate with that.  It's the only thing that stands out as a potential render issue and different from what I have been testing with so far.  I had done some performance tests with it earlier but that was before the SLIF changes.  Worst case, I'll throw it into my Nolvus and see if I can make it choke there.

 

Thanks for reporting it and submitting to poking, lol... curiosity kills the cat but satisfaction brings it back.

Hold up, I'm off for a few hours and will go back to testing.

 

Just FYI, I decided to put MuDynamicNormalMap to 2.1.13 and started a new game/save.

The FPS stutters seemed to disappear (but I tested only 2-3 minutes before moving out).

 

I need further testing on the new save, maybe the updating from 4.3 to 4.3.1 did something the save file did not like.

 

Just posting this before going to keep you informed 

Posted

So the bad news is, it most definitely is MuDynamicNormalMap.

 

While I'm not seeing an FPS drop myself, I do notice that it makes SLIFs inflation smoothing jerky as the maps are trying to update every time a morph changes.

 

The good news is that... I can share that in pure laziness, I not only usually don't use Mu but I never actually did any of the normal map steps for Ovibody and mine looks like this without it and without opening photoshop for the normal map editing or any of that.  All I did was build bodyslide.  Mostly it's just missing the shadows, but personally I kinda like it more subtle. 

 

image.png.38b63dca21c433bd0cc4e339ca3a1aa4.png

 

If you really want to use Mu though, I recommend playing with the MuDynamicNormalMap.ini file and seeing if you can get the performance issues fixed up in it's settings.

Posted
6 hours ago, Fairwyn said:

 

COLのデバッグメニューオプションには、ゲームが検出した種族文字列が正確に表示されます。ファイルに入力した内容がそれと一致していることを確認してください。

Thank you.
While working on this, I noticed that even after changing the race to "Nord" to test it, the curse still didn't take effect.
This is just a layman's guess, so I might be mistaken, but could it be that if the race name has been translated into a language other than English, the config whitelist fails to apply? (I play in Japanese, and "Erin" was translated accordingly.)

I have attached the logs from the test run on Erin, just in case.
I would appreciate it if you could take a look at them when you have a moment.

Papyrus.0.log

Posted

I did a bit of testing with Mu latest version and in a new save and all I can say is it is quite stable.

I feel like it takes a slight performance regarding FPS but it is manageable.

This is far better from earlier when I tested with the wrong CoL version in the older save and I had stutter where my FPS went from 60 -> 40 -> 15 -> 40 -> 60 every 3-4 seconds.

 

I won't bother you as I do feel like it does a tiny bit of something in performance BUT I can't be certain of it.

I should one day take some time to setup my game and add some monitoring (hardware metrics, SKSE, papyrus scripts...) when playing...

 

Thank you for your time :) 

Posted
4 hours ago, skknnnn said:

Thank you.
While working on this, I noticed that even after changing the race to "Nord" to test it, the curse still didn't take effect.
This is just a layman's guess, so I might be mistaken, but could it be that if the race name has been translated into a language other than English, the config whitelist fails to apply? (I play in Japanese, and "Erin" was translated accordingly.)

I have attached the logs from the test run on Erin, just in case.
I would appreciate it if you could take a look at them when you have a moment.

Papyrus.0.log 191.94 kB · 1 download

 

Hmm, as long as the name in the file matches what the Curse of Life MCM shows as your race (second page/tab and all the way at the bottom of the right column)

, it should work.  Unfortunately, I don't think you had the verbose logging turned on for my mod because it doesn't show any of the debug dumps that I need to see what it thinks it has running.  Could you turn on the verbose debug option in the settings and get me another log file?

 

4 hours ago, tholos said:

I did a bit of testing with Mu latest version and in a new save and all I can say is it is quite stable.

I feel like it takes a slight performance regarding FPS but it is manageable.

This is far better from earlier when I tested with the wrong CoL version in the older save and I had stutter where my FPS went from 60 -> 40 -> 15 -> 40 -> 60 every 3-4 seconds.

 

I won't bother you as I do feel like it does a tiny bit of something in performance BUT I can't be certain of it.

I should one day take some time to setup my game and add some monitoring (hardware metrics, SKSE, papyrus scripts...) when playing...

 

Thank you for your time :) 

 

No worries, glad it's at least playable now!

Posted
5 hours ago, skknnnn said:

Thank you.
While working on this, I noticed that even after changing the race to "Nord" to test it, the curse still didn't take effect.
This is just a layman's guess, so I might be mistaken, but could it be that if the race name has been translated into a language other than English, the config whitelist fails to apply? (I play in Japanese, and "Erin" was translated accordingly.)

I have attached the logs from the test run on Erin, just in case.
I would appreciate it if you could take a look at them when you have a moment.

Papyrus.0.log 191.94 kB · 1 download

 

Just to be clear, what shows up for you here?

 

image.png.933e821cbe7a6ac6e94ccdd05a32c223.png

Posted
13 minutes ago, Fairwyn said:

 

念のため確認ですが、ここには何が表示されますか?

 

image.png.933e821cbe7a6ac6e94ccdd05a32c223.png

I apologize that the logs weren't generated correctly... I don't have access to my PC while I'm out, so I'll try again later.

 

In my setup, the player races were displayed as "エリン" (Erin) and "ノルド" (Nord) in Japanese.

Posted
11 minutes ago, skknnnn said:

I apologize that the logs weren't generated correctly... I don't have access to my PC while I'm out, so I'll try again later.

 

In my setup, the player races were displayed as "エリン" (Erin) and "ノルド" (Nord) in Japanese.

 

No worries!

 

Hmm, yeah, if that is what you put into the config file (the japanese string), it should match.  All my code does is do a ThisRace.GetName() (the same string displayed in the MCM) and checks to see if that same race name has been added to the config.json.

 

I'll need to have that log file with the verbose debug turned on to see if something else is getting in the way.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...