(WiP) A prostitution and player slavery mod 0.10.2c

So you would allow mods to modify things in a framework? That's unusual.

Sometimes it's hard to precisely explain while simultaneously trying to be brief and not boring.

So, to elaborate with an example, there is a relationship module under development for this framework (it offers better, fine-grain control over the relationship ranks). Naturally, mods will want to sync this new relationship to the vanilla one, to keep the vanilla mechanisms working. Sometimes, though, a mod will want this disabled (e.g. you make someone a follower thus automatically have high vanilla relationship rank but you want the framework relationship rank to "remember" that you don''t really like each other). In this case, that mod would disable the sync (either per actor or globally).

I guess I should have better explained that mods will be allowed to change things through the API and the priority system will be keeping tabs on who has the final word. :shy:

Progress on the framework currently goes faster than expected. Next to the already mentioned subframework of initializing mods there will be another feature which is useful for modders as well as users.

Basically, this feature enables logging through a more centralised and user-defined way. You can:

• Enable/disable logging globally per game session (useful, if you haven't set the var in the skyrim.ini)
  • Enable/disable logging of the framework and mods which make use of this framework
  • Redirect logging output to: Papyrus logfile, APPS Framework user log file or for each mod a seperate user log file (+console output if i have figured out how to do this)
  • Getting informed through MessageBoxes if you want, which also let's you configure what type of message you want to see (Info's, Warnings, Errors)
  • Modders can make use of this subframework (As well as of the initialization framework) w/o the need of a hard dependency to the APPS framework

What we expect from this in a near distant future: No more ten of thousands lines Papyrus logfiles uploaded, just a small logfile generated from a mod which made use of this framework. A bit more performance for users, because this could allow you to disable logging in general, but enabling it on-the-fly if you need it.

Progress on the framework currently goes faster than expected. Next to the already mentioned subframework of initializing mods there will be another feature which is useful for modders as well as users.

Basically, this feature enables logging through a more centralised and user-defined way. You can:

• Enable/disable logging globally per game session (useful, if you haven't set the var in the skyrim.ini)
  • Enable/disable logging of the framework and mods which make use of this framework
  • Redirect logging output to: Papyrus logfile, APPS Framework user log file or for each mod a seperate user log file (+console output if i have figured out how to do this)
  • Getting informed through MessageBoxes if you want, which also let's you configure what type of message you want to see (Info's, Warnings, Errors)
  • Modders can make use of this subframework (As well as of the initialization framework) w/o the need of a hard dependency to the APPS framework

What we expect from this in a near distant future: No more ten of thousands lines Papyrus logfiles uploaded, just a small logfile generated from a mod which made use of this framework. A bit more performance for users, because this could allow you to disable logging in general, but enabling it on-the-fly if you need it.

Will we be able to use multiple logging output methods at the same time? I can certainly see the value of the individual methods, but it would be annoying if, say, turning on message boxes meant that nothing was getting logged into a log file that I could copy/paste onto the forums for tech support.

After I stripped for her and slept with the one girl it said Endurance complete and now it's not giving me the option to work there anymore.

Any idea how to fix this?

edit: Ugh just searched through the thread, that's the end of what's currently released right?

Edited by Mignonette
  • 2 weeks later...

Funny that you ask because I was about to write some informations about it :)

This info probably is mostly useful for modders, but for the players it still has some interesting notes.

First things first: We are continuing to progress with the framework. Our two sub modules for targeted release are done 95%. Just some small bug fixing and cleaning up code. What we are working on now is the MCM menu for the framework itself. We can't tell you exactly when we are done with it but we are sure that it will be soon (For real this time).

Let's talk about what is in store. Antono already talked about one of the modules in this post. Now I was talking about the error handling module and wanted to post some screenshots but because we have seperated the work, I'm not responsible for the look and feel of this module :)

Ok, the error handling will open modder's a way to display their notifications, warnings and errors through the framework. The framework will offer the modder the control how it will be displayed (On top left corner, as messagebox and later just as console output). So modders don't need to make an MCM menu just for controlling their error display, nor do they have to write additional functions just to have an error dispay on screen AND log on file. This will be handled by the framework.

The player can set up for each and every mod their display methods (that includes the APPS Framework itself). So for example if some user prefers to display everything as MessageBox he can do so. Or if you wants have all messages being logged into the Framework user log, this also would be possible.

To make a long story short: A modder selects how to inform the user, the user controls how those messages should be displayed and/or logged.

To explain a bit more what's the big deal with the error handling is, have a look at this:

[10/26/2014 - 01:39:29AM] APPS_Framework log opened (PC)
[10/26/2014 - 01:39:29AM] Source: APPS - Framework
[10/26/2014 - 01:39:29AM] Info: Mod APPS Test 2 is successfully registered.
[10/26/2014 - 01:39:29AM] Info: APPS - Framework initialized
[10/26/2014 - 01:39:29AM] Info: APPS Test 1 successfully registered an installation quest.
[10/26/2014 - 01:39:29AM] Info: Mod APPS Test 3 is successfully registered.
[10/26/2014 - 01:39:29AM] Info: APPS Test 2 successfully registered an installation quest.
[10/26/2014 - 01:39:29AM] Info: Quest successfully registered to be uninstalled at a later point.
[10/26/2014 - 01:39:29AM] Info: APPS Test 3 successfully registered an installation quest.
[10/26/2014 - 01:39:29AM] Info: Quest successfully registered to be uninstalled at a later point.
[10/26/2014 - 01:39:39AM] Source: APPS - Framework
[10/26/2014 - 01:39:39AM] Reason: Invalid stage submitted
[10/26/2014 - 01:39:39AM] ERROR: Quest could not be started stage 10 doesn't exists.
[10/26/2014 - 01:39:39AM] ERROR: Quest could not be started stage 10 doesn't exists.

Three different quests registering at the same time to the APPS framework. The framework found errors in all of them and throws errors. But it does not pollute the papyrus.log. Instead it is using its own log to give the player a much cleaner log and help him understanding what was going wrong. Every mod which registers with the framework can also have their own log which makes it much much easier for users and modders tracking down bugs while having a more unified way to display them.

For example: An error will always give you the mod source which called the framework to log the message (Framework controlled), It will always give you a reason what was going wrong(Mod controlled) and last but not least a more detailed message(Mod controlled).

Shamelessly captured Antono's notes about the progress of the MCM menu :P

DONE:
Tab: Registry
    - Show a list of all registered mods
Tab: Install Manager
    - Move mods up and down the list to change install order
    - Menu point "Start Initialization" (Maybe with a ShowMessage where the user will be informed)
    - Disable above menu point if Initialize Manager is installing or if list is empty
    - Tooltips of every mod (will contain for some mods messages, in which order they need to be placed)
    - remove failed mods from the registry
Tab: Uninstall Manager
    - Shows a list of all registered mods which have an uninstall quest    
    - ShowMessage(If mod will be uninstalled, it will uninstall completely)
    - Menu point "Uninstall all mods"
    - Disable above menu point if Uninstall Manager is uninstalling or if list is empty
    - remove failed mods from the registry
All tabs
    - disable everything if any mod is initializing or uninstalling
    - seperate init safety lockup from uninstall safety lockup and display messages accordingly
    - display instructions to close MCM menu
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------    
TODO:
All tabs:
    - Update ModIndex-related functions to use new Core helper functions
    - Max array size & MCM menu sice: 128
Tab: Init Manager
    - Initialization should be started through external quest
    - Remove mod from registry if failed to init
Tab: Uninstall Manager
    - Uninstall should be started through external quest
Tab: Exception Manager
    - Enable/disable global file logging
    - ShowMessage if file logging is enabled, that it will now be disabled for this game session
    - Enable/disable framework logging
    - LogLevel to write to files (Info, Warning, Error) --> a) Three toggle buttons B) Menu(Everything, Only Warnings and Errors, Only Errors) (for each mod)
    - LogLevel to display MessageBoxes (Info, Warning, Error) --> a) Three toggle buttons B) Menu(Everything, Only Warnings and Errors, Only Errors) (for each mod)
    - Redirect log files to: Papyrus log, APPS - Framework user log, each mod with own user log
    - Mod settings could look like the Profile Menu form SexLab

Until sunday the documentation should be ready too. I'm just too tired right now to begin writing it and I would probably do more spelling errors than it would be good for me :D. The framework itself should be handy to use and creating plugins for it are relative simple.

they usually order more than one thing (up to 3)

and that bug was happening to me only if i talked to Hulda really fast after taking an order. so solution was simple - do it slower.

as soon as you see quest objective update it should be good to talk to her - if i remember right.