en_hawk Posted December 24, 2013 Author Posted December 24, 2013 I seem to have a problem with the patcher. I still recieve the following error: "There was an exception thrown during program execution: 'java.lang.nullpointerexception' Please contact the author." I downloaded all the packages today. I added the Debug overview to this post. Go into the 'other settings' area of the armor patcher and enable debug logging. Rerun the patcher and post the newly created 'trace.log' file. I am not allowed to upload it for some reason, so here's the contents of the trace.txt: [1] [OPEN DEBUG FILE] Opening Debug File [2] [skyrim.esm] ArmorPenitusGauntlets [3] [DEBUG] Closing Debug File. Time was: 1229 Thanks for the help! Ok, looking at that log combined with the location in the code where it errored, leads me to believe you modified the file in some way. Its getting an invalid reference on one of the keywords on the races. Do a fresh install, make sure you have the latest racial compatibility, etc.
arr0w Posted December 24, 2013 Posted December 24, 2013 Just a question this time. I know it was said that the Monli race was not/is not suppose to be used as male. However this is my main PC and i havent noticed any real problems. I remember something was also said that they dont have a certain asset for the faces? Idk. anyway, why not make them a supported playable race as well?
en_hawk Posted December 25, 2013 Author Posted December 25, 2013 Just a question this time. I know it was said that the Monli race was not/is not suppose to be used as male. However this is my main PC and i havent noticed any real problems. I remember something was also said that they dont have a certain asset for the faces? Idk. anyway, why not make them a supported playable race as well?Because that would require me to setup face parts for them, and since they are using the exact same assets as the other races(on the male side) there is no reason to spend effort on setting them up. Now they are just as functional as all of the other races, but you have zero customization in terms of face parts. I built the race around a set of female face assets I had, hence its female only nature.
arr0w Posted December 27, 2013 Posted December 27, 2013 A question about the armor swapper. I know how it works involving what is already provided with it. For example Heavy Armory requires the main mod and the Heavy Armory DSRD patch to work correctly. So weapons don't need the fixed meshes in the armorswap folders. Now as for actual armor, I gather that an alternate version made FOR SK is needed in the armorswapper folders. How exactly do these replacement meshes need to be made? AS in, i suppose, what is the proper way/process of converting any armor to work with SK?
en_hawk Posted December 28, 2013 Author Posted December 28, 2013 A question about the armor swapper. I know how it works involving what is already provided with it. For example Heavy Armory requires the main mod and the Heavy Armory DSRD patch to work correctly. So weapons don't need the fixed meshes in the armorswap folders. Now as for actual armor, I gather that an alternate version made FOR SK is needed in the armorswapper folders. How exactly do these replacement meshes need to be made? AS in, i suppose, what is the proper way/process of converting any armor to work with SK?Uhh, the armor swapper doesn't touch weapons in any way, so I'm sure what you're referring to there. Regarding the armor, there isn't anything special, it just takes regular skyrim nif files if that's what you're asking. Obviously the intended implementation is to remodel the armor meshes to conform to one of the skykids bodies, but explaining that process is the realm of a modeling tutorial. From a technical standpoint the armor swapper doesn't care what kind of mesh you stick in there, as long as a file exists in the swap directory with a matching path it will swap the paths in the patch, otherwise it will use the default models specified by the mod.
RadioSilence Posted January 4, 2014 Posted January 4, 2014 There has been no news for a while, granted you may be busy with your lives, with holidays and all. Happy New Year! by the way. Any chance we can get a screenshot of your work up till now, or just an update on your progress.
en_hawk Posted January 4, 2014 Author Posted January 4, 2014 There has been no news for a while, granted you may be busy with your lives, with holidays and all. Happy New Year! by the way. Any chance we can get a screenshot of your work up till now, or just an update on your progress.I'm still alive, just been busy with life. I don't think I have any fancy screenshots to show off, but here's a copy of my current todo list if it helps: update op statement regarding bashed patches recommended mods section(hair texture overhauls) conflicts/bugs to check out jester boots invisible eyebrow mipmaps male ece morphs(already fixed just post file) fix monli preset patches dark elf female vampire eye morphs broken? male necromancer robes missing neck area male wrist seam in first person both old and new body types? new stuff finish vanilla kids drow and monli followers cots addon race cots xvc plugin disable playable races and add enabler plugin(after cots stuff is done) >different(smaller) head size options for skeleton canceled?Vanilla kid replacement is still coming, we [should] have some replacement voices in the works, and as you may have noticed from the todo list I'm planning on porting CotS as well at some point. Suggestions/comments/etc are welcome.
Rez Delnava Posted January 4, 2014 Posted January 4, 2014 I was wondering if the Male ECE was bugged... I eventually got it partially working but was limited miniscule values. Happily looking forward to that post. I currently have working Aventus and Frothar remodels if you'd like to have them for the kid replacement project. I even converted Frothar to a follower with a brawler combat package. I tired to use mainly base SK assets, but ended up using other hairs; Frothar ended up with one I converted from the SG Hair pack, which sadly is no longer publicly available) I'm also working on an SK snow elf race... but I'm stuck while I learn papyrus so I can get that dang race controller script working.
Justoutthere Posted January 4, 2014 Posted January 4, 2014 As I had borked my Skyrim install recently and had to do a clean start decided that it was as good a time as any to take a look at your mod. I have got to say it is a very impressive package, a real sense that the race children belong to that race. One small issue, I have loaded up your SK_Monli race and after some time following your instruction, the time was because this was my first manual install of a mod and was being overly cautious I started up with almost no problems and was stunned. Everything ingame worked as expected and no real issues there. The only prob was the SK_Monli preset 2 requires OBLHairs02.esm and so I had to disable this to be able to run as I could not find this file/mod anywhere. When you are closer to what you see as a final edit will you be including the alternate bodies mentioned or are they forever for the road not taken? Thanx again for your hard work and allowing us mere users to enjoy the fruits of your labours
Rez Delnava Posted January 5, 2014 Posted January 5, 2014 OBLHairs02 is the Oblivion Hair Pack for Skyrim Part 2. The original package is no longer available, but a reworked version can be found on the Nexus that may still work. *edit* Just downloaded the set there, and they changed the .esm name; so without editing (or if someone has a link to a different set of Oblivion Hairs) that particular monli preset is best left unchecked. The alternate bodies... the female teen body is part of a future expansion that JerWA was working on. The male alternate bodies come from En_Hawk's work on a mod called Ashen Followers and are a derivative of the heaping mess we know as CotS-R2 (x117). The alt. male bodies remain available because of the popularity of x117 armor conversion mods, mainly LDW's set of conversions
MidbossVyers Posted January 5, 2014 Posted January 5, 2014 When I loaded up BOSS, it told me to delete Weapon and Armor Fixes and Ancient Shrouded Cowl fix for beastkin because it was redundant with the Unofficial Patch, however, the very reason that I downloaded both of these was because the related graphical bugs occurred even with the Unofficial Patch. Should I just ignore this warning, or will it bite me later on? Also, it might be unrelated, but during the course of the installation, my TES Mod Manager for Skyrim stopped working temporarily forcing me to reinstall it. Is this something that might affect the game itself? Is clipping when you carriage-ride or use an enchanting altar normal? I know that it's a graphical glitch, but is it one that has not yet been fixed or has it been fixed and the issue is exclusive to my game alone? Ironically, Bethesda provided a quick fix by making children "grow" temporarily whilst using such apparatuses:
Emprah Posted January 5, 2014 Posted January 5, 2014 MidBossVyers, as I see it the issue you have, every has. It's because the animations for carriges, enchanting tables, and other things were made for taller people, and the Player Character does not resize, as NPCs do to fit the animation.
Justoutthere Posted January 5, 2014 Posted January 5, 2014 MidBossVyers There is a patch to stop the re-sizing on Nexus, I have used it with some success. http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/41304/?
en_hawk Posted January 5, 2014 Author Posted January 5, 2014 As I had borked my Skyrim install recently and had to do a clean start decided that it was as good a time as any to take a look at your mod. I have got to say it is a very impressive package, a real sense that the race children belong to that race. One small issue, I have loaded up your SK_Monli race and after some time following your instruction, the time was because this was my first manual install of a mod and was being overly cautious I started up with almost no problems and was stunned. Everything ingame worked as expected and no real issues there. The only prob was the SK_Monli preset 2 requires OBLHairs02.esm and so I had to disable this to be able to run as I could not find this file/mod anywhere. When you are closer to what you see as a final edit will you be including the alternate bodies mentioned or are they forever for the road not taken? Thanx again for your hard work and allowing us mere users to enjoy the fruits of your labours I'm glad everything worked out for you, for the most part that is. As is said multiple times in the OP, the monli preset patches are broken currently, they will be fixed in the next update but don't use them for now. I'm not sure what you mean about the alternate bodies; they're optional content, to be installed at the users discretion. OBLHairs02 is the Oblivion Hair Pack for Skyrim Part 2. The original package is no longer available, but a reworked version can be found on the Nexus that may still work. *edit* Just downloaded the set there, and they changed the .esm name; so without editing (or if someone has a link to a different set of Oblivion Hairs) that particular monli preset is best left unchecked. The alternate bodies... the female teen body is part of a future expansion that JerWA was working on. The male alternate bodies come from En_Hawk's work on a mod called Ashen Followers and are a derivative of the heaping mess we know as CotS-R2 (x117). The alt. male bodies remain available because of the popularity of x117 armor conversion mods, mainly LDW's set of conversions Negative on the bodies; as explained in the credits section both the girl and teen female bodies are mine, based on UNP, and the alternate male body is the work of arlekin though I'm not sure what he based it on(outside of it using the UNP UV map that is). Yes, all of these happened to get used in Ashen Followers(which is an awesome mod that I would highly recommend checking out) though that is not where they came from. Regarding the hair, that is one of the reasons I said the preset patches were broken, just don't touch them and I'll have them fixed next patch. When I loaded up BOSS, it told me to delete Weapon and Armor Fixes and Ancient Shrouded Cowl fix for beastkin because it was redundant with the Unofficial Patch, however, the very reason that I downloaded both of these was because the related graphical bugs occurred even with the Unofficial Patch. Should I just ignore this warning, or will it bite me later on? Also, it might be unrelated, but during the course of the installation, my TES Mod Manager for Skyrim stopped working temporarily forcing me to reinstall it. Is this something that might affect the game itself? Is clipping when you carriage-ride or use an enchanting altar normal? I know that it's a graphical glitch, but is it one that has not yet been fixed or has it been fixed and the issue is exclusive to my game alone? Ironically, Bethesda provided a quick fix by making children "grow" temporarily whilst using such apparatuses: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vUeYLxH1L8I The weapon and armor fixes issue is completely unrelated to SK, but I'd say go with whatever BOSS suggests. If it isn't working, you likely have something overriding the fixes. The scaling problem is a known issue with skyrim, however it was my understanding that it caused players to scale as well as npcs... You could look into using this mod to eliminate the scaling(which affects all actors, not just children), but you will still be left with clipping obviously. Perhaps at some point in the future a custom set of animations could be developed and implemented in a fashion similar to how PCEA works that will fix the clipping. That would be way down the road though...
Justoutthere Posted January 5, 2014 Posted January 5, 2014 en_hawk, Those are the other bodies I was refering to. I was just being curious as to if they were an abandonned path you started and then moved away from or an addition feature that, once the core mod was up and pretty much complete would be returned to. Thanx for your reply, I must admit I missed the reference to the presets but as you pointed out they are not essential.
en_hawk Posted January 5, 2014 Author Posted January 5, 2014 en_hawk, Those are the other bodies I was refering to. I was just being curious as to if they were an abandonned path you started and then moved away from or an addition feature that, once the core mod was up and pretty much complete would be returned to. Thanx for your reply, I must admit I missed the reference to the presets but as you pointed out they are not essential. Well the girl teen bodies are going to be used for a set of teen races that is coming somewhere down the line. The alternate male body on the other hand is kind of a dead end, it's been replaced by the new SoS derived one and is no longer under development. It is provided solely as optional legacy content for those who prefer it over the new one.
Rez Delnava Posted January 5, 2014 Posted January 5, 2014 OBLHairs02 is the Oblivion Hair Pack for Skyrim Part 2. The original package is no longer available, but a reworked version can be found on the Nexus that may still work. *edit* Just downloaded the set there, and they changed the .esm name; so without editing (or if someone has a link to a different set of Oblivion Hairs) that particular monli preset is best left unchecked. The alternate bodies... the female teen body is part of a future expansion that JerWA was working on. The male alternate bodies come from En_Hawk's work on a mod called Ashen Followers and are a derivative of the heaping mess we know as CotS-R2 (x117). The alt. male bodies remain available because of the popularity of x117 armor conversion mods, mainly LDW's set of conversions Negative on the bodies; as explained in the credits section both the girl and teen female bodies are mine, based on UNP, and the alternate male body is the work of arlekin though I'm not sure what he based it on(outside of it using the UNP UV map that is). Yes, all of these happened to get used in Ashen Followers(which is an awesome mod that I would highly recommend checking out) though that is not where they came from. Regarding the hair, that is one of the reasons I said the preset patches were broken, just don't touch them and I'll have them fixed next patch. My apologies. My brain is addled with a fever and I swapped the sources of male/female. I credited Ashen followers as the source simply because its the earliest use of the meshes that I recall for Skyrim. If there is an earlier use (thats been released), I'd love to know; I'm sure it would a be a great addition.
arr0w Posted January 5, 2014 Posted January 5, 2014 I remember it was mentioned some time ago that if a skeleton was used with this other than the one packaged already, that the 3rd person camera would be off. (i cant remember if that was stated in this thread or somewhere else) Anyway, ive realized that i DO have this problem. How do i go about fixing that?? Ive looked at both skeletons and from what i can see, every thing involving '3rd -something or another that made me feel like it might be involved and to check it out-' looked exactly the same between the two. Anyone have any ideas on this?
JerWA Posted January 5, 2014 Posted January 5, 2014 The SK skeleton has custom bone and node scaling, the camera controls are bound to one of those. Using a skeleton not from SK changes the scaling and node placement, messing up camera placement. There is no easy fix other than to manually edit whatever skeleton you're trying to use to put that scaling back in which is not particularly fun. What skeleton are you using?
panthercom Posted January 5, 2014 Posted January 5, 2014 I'm having a problem with invisible clothes; all of them...armor, robes, jewelry. I can equip them and they are having an effect (enchantments, for example) My light armor skill is not advancing, however. Load order below. I used BOSS, installed in my Skyrim folder, cut and pasted supplied data into the userlist, ran the armor replacer and generated an .esp All files were manually installed. Installed Java Standard Edition Version 7 update 45. Racial Compatibility installed. I also get crash on start-up if the the Apachii Hair patch is enabled - Breton Child, no Monli or Drow assets installed. Otherwise it seems to work OK, except for the fact that my Skykid is skyclad So either I screwed up the install, or I have a conflict. If you have encountered this I would appreciate some suggestions. Thanks. GameMode=SkyrimSkyrim.esm=1Update.esm=1Dawnguard.esm=1HearthFires.esm=1Dragonborn.esm=1ApachiiHair.esm=1RaceCompatibility.esm=1Skykids.esm=1SK TheEyesOfBeauty.esm=0DW Commoners.esp=0DW Enemies and Wanderers.esp=0Serana.esp=0ExpandedJewelryCrafting.esp=1Skyrim Flora Overhaul.esp=1SkyUI.esp=1Huntress.esp=0LeftHandRings.esp=1LeftHandRings - Dawnguard.esp=1mmpieceringparts1.esp=0NN_ElvishDresses.esp=0Nouserhere Ears.esp=0SUNMagicArmor.esp=0Tongueswcript.esp=0Vamp.esp=0Witch Elf Armour.esp=0Witch Of The Wild.esp=0Lakeview_Extended.esp=0Headtracking.esp=1SFO - Expanded Diversity.esp=1taveriften.esp=1FNISspells.esp=1The Dance of Death - Ultimate Edition.esp=1Leveling Destruction Perks.esp=1Aela.esp=1Amame_follower.esp=0Bijin Warmaidens UNP One esp.esp=0BW Ria.esp=0WATER.esp=1WATER Plants.esp=1WATER DG.esp=1WATER DB Waves.esp=1SK Child Armor Swapper.esp=1SK ApachiiHair.esp=0SK ApachiiHairFemales.esp=0
kristamakaze Posted January 5, 2014 Posted January 5, 2014 Having the same invisible clothes issues. Added userlist to boss, ran it, ran armor patcher, still getting the emporer's clothes glitch.
en_hawk Posted January 5, 2014 Author Posted January 5, 2014 For both of you, the issue with the patcher not working is rather odd, please post your 'Data\SkyProc Patchers\SKArmorPatcher\SkyProcDebug\=--Debug Overview--=.txt' files. @panthercom: You have both apachii patches installed but only the main apachii mod; apachii hair females is a separate download on its mod page on the nexus. You'd get a missing master if you enabled 'SK ApachiiHairFemales.esp' presently.
kristamakaze Posted January 5, 2014 Posted January 5, 2014 mmkay FIXED: Read the file itself and realised I wasn't letting the patcher run to completion.
arr0w Posted January 5, 2014 Posted January 5, 2014 The SK skeleton has custom bone and node scaling, the camera controls are bound to one of those. Using a skeleton not from SK changes the scaling and node placement, messing up camera placement. There is no easy fix other than to manually edit whatever skeleton you're trying to use to put that scaling back in which is not particularly fun. What skeleton are you using? A version of SkullTyrant's custom skeleton replacer. I like it without the scaling that the default one has, the only problem is the 3rd person cam, i have to aim above whatever i want to activate. I didnt figure it'd be easy to fix, but if i know the node or what program to use i can try haha. ive adapted to it basically but it IS annoying
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now