Jump to content

[WIP] Skykids - Child races & other technical goodies - No more armor patcher! New CotS R2 Race!(6/22/15)


Recommended Posts

Posted

EDIT: EDIT: EDIT:

 

Got it working! What happened is that the first time I ran the armor patcher it

kind of sat there for a while without doing anything, and there was 'something or other'

%100 showing, so I thought it was done, and closed it. This time it executed almost

instantaneously and auto-closed.

 

 

 

 Got the hair working, thank you! Apachii Hair 1.3

 She's very pretty :)

 Note: Initially BOSS was in an improper directory and I was dealing

with Windows 7 permissions BS :@

 

 Wish the choices of eyes included some larger ones; I understand you

don't want the kids to look like anime characters. Wish there was a slider

for rounder/fuller cheeks as well; I always found that to be one of the keys

to making realistic-looking kids using the GECK with the Fallout games. I

have yet to install the CK for Skyrim; too busy having fun playing :)

 Anyway, I like what you guys have done here.

Thank You!

For both of you, the issue with the patcher not working is rather odd, please post your 'Data\SkyProc Patchers\SKArmorPatcher\SkyProcDebug\=--Debug Overview--=.txt' files.

@panthercom: You have both apachii patches installed but only the main apachii mod; apachii hair females is a separate download on its mod page on the nexus. You'd get a missing master if you enabled 'SK ApachiiHairFemales.esp' presently

 

 

post-144391-0-34358200-1388964211_thumb.jpg

Posted

@panthercom: You should look into CharGen Extension, specific instructions for getting it going with SK are provided in the OP. CGE adds several new sliders that may give you what you are looking for regarding the shape of the face, as well as providing a slider(or several) for adjusting the size of the eyes.

Posted

The SK skeleton has custom bone and node scaling, the camera controls are bound to one of those. Using a skeleton not from SK changes the scaling and node placement, messing up camera placement. There is no easy fix other than to manually edit whatever skeleton you're trying to use to put that scaling back in which is not particularly fun.

 

What skeleton are you using?

A version of SkullTyrant's custom skeleton replacer. I like it without the scaling that the default one has, the only problem is the 3rd person cam, i have to aim above whatever i want to activate. I didnt figure it'd be easy to fix, but if i know the node or what program to use i can try haha. ive adapted to it basically but it IS annoying

Custonizable Camera is an easy way to adjust the camera height while in game. But it will probably conflict with IFPV if you use it.  You could also use iHUD and simply disable the crosshair.

 

From what I can see in the skeleton.nif, the major adjustment is at the NPC Spine 2 level and deeper.

 

You could always do some trial and error adjustments as long you remember to make a backup of your originals.

Posted

I believe this was mentioned before, but the Dwarven Boots appear to be missing their meshes.

Just tested them, they work properly on both genders. There is no replacement mesh for these, as there rather obviously doesn't need to be, so if you're having problems it isn't a result of SK.
Posted

Damn,  those are some cool children of skyrim, I would love to see almost all of those kids added as both hearthfire adoptable kids and/ or apprentice style followers. Especially the drow race and high elf. 

Posted

I am here to report that the Imperial armor has a clipping issue while sneaking, where a portion of the buttocks clips through the skirt, this applies to really any armor that has a skirt.(It's a Tunic!)

Posted

For the armor, does it only use armor that BOSS knows or can I add armor. I seem to remember there being a mention about added more armors but I can't seem to find it.

Posted

For the armor, does it only use armor that BOSS knows or can I add armor. I seem to remember there being a mention about added more armors but I can't seem to find it.

I'm not sure I follow. Armor mods need to be recognized by BOSS so that they are sorted above the armor patcher esp, and as such can be included in it when you run the patcher. You can create your own user rules to sort unrecognized plugins properly.
Guest ChainedHunter
Posted

When I go into Skyrim\Data\SkyProc Patchers, the instructions tell me to run the .jar file there, but there is only a .rar file, and it doesn not contain a .jar file. I did all the instructions properly, but i can't run SKArmorpatcher.jar because it doesn't exist.

Posted

When I go into Skyrim\Data\SkyProc Patchers, the instructions tell me to run the .jar file there, but there is only a .rar file, and it doesn not contain a .jar file. I did all the instructions properly, but i can't run SKArmorpatcher.jar because it doesn't exist.

Sounds like you set the file association so that jar files open with winrar, as there is no other explanation for the issue you describe. You need to take corrective action to fix that association so that jar files are able to be executed.
Guest ChainedHunter
Posted

 

When I go into Skyrim\Data\SkyProc Patchers, the instructions tell me to run the .jar file there, but there is only a .rar file, and it doesn not contain a .jar file. I did all the instructions properly, but i can't run SKArmorpatcher.jar because it doesn't exist.

Sounds like you set the file association so that jar files open with winrar, as there is no other explanation for the issue you describe. You need to take corrective action to fix that association so that jar files are able to be executed.

 

Can you recommend a program that will open it? I can't find any, I'm on Windows 8 if that helps. Every other program I've found that opens jar files is similar to winRAR.

 

EDIT: Nevermind, I figured it out. i had to update Java. However, I have a new problem. When I run the .jar file, it opens up and immediately says "There was an exception thrown during program execution"

 

is there a fix for this?

Posted

 The male alternate bodies come from En_Hawk's work on a mod called Ashen Followers and are a derivative of the heaping mess we know as CotS-R2 (x117).  The alt. male bodies remain available because of the popularity of x117 armor conversion mods, mainly LDW's set of conversions

 

A bit of clarification, if you don't mind :) I'm using the alt boy body, and just tried out the cool x117 armors by LDW, which seem to be working fine. The above comment seems to imply that these armors do NOT work with the default SK boy body? If not, will they be implemented in the future? There seems to be a lack of decent boy outfits out there, which LDW has filled nicely :)

 

The alternate male body on the other hand is kind of a dead end, it's been replaced by the new SoS derived one and is no longer under development. It is provided solely as optional legacy content for those who prefer it over the new one.

 

 

I'm curious as to why the change from the alt (old) boy body to the new one. Personally, I like the alt better, as the torso (chest, ribs, abs, and nipples especially) seem better defined. Perhaps a better texture would improve it, which I might try fiddling with myself :) Aside from that, since the new body is SoS derived, are you saying we can use SoS with SK boys? Or do we still need a boy nude patch for the new body for it to work? I've yet to try SoS as I didn't want to break anything :D And when will there be a nude patch for the newer SK boy? ;)

Posted

A bit of clarification, if you don't mind :) I'm using the alt boy body, and just tried out the cool x117 armors by LDW, which seem to be working fine. The above comment seems to imply that these armors do NOT work with the default SK boy body? If not, will they be implemented in the future? There seems to be a lack of decent boy outfits out there, which LDW has filled nicely :)

Correct; the default body uses the male/SoS UV map, whereas the old male body as well as any of the male bodies contained in the other child mods use the female UV map.

 

Presently there are no plans to convert armors from other mods due to more important things on the agenda, however if enough interest is shown it is a possibility.

 

I'm curious as to why the change from the alt (old) boy body to the new one. Personally, I like the alt better, as the torso (chest, ribs, abs, and nipples especially) seem better defined. Perhaps a better texture would improve it, which I might try fiddling with myself :) Aside from that, since the new body is SoS derived, are you saying we can use SoS with SK boys? Or do we still need a boy nude patch for the new body for it to work? I've yet to try SoS as I didn't want to break anything :D And when will there be a nude patch for the newer SK boy? ;)

The changeover was simply for correctness and compatibility purposes(though perhaps not compatibility in the way you see it). The old bodies were using the female UV map, which meant that whenever you equipped an armor that was not converted for the body, not only did the mesh change to the adult body, but the textures broke rather severely due to the UV mismatch.

 

Regarding changes to the new body, we don't presently have anyone working on it to the best of my knowledge, and any changes made would have to be retroactively applied to any of the converted armors that show any level of skin beyond the typical forearms or neck. I'm not ruling it out of course, and constructive input is still appreciated as always, however an overhaul/update to the new body(if it were to occur) would be fairly far down the todo list.

 

Adding a nude version of the SoS derived body is uncertain presently; that subject was not brought up when permission to use the SoS assets was initially obtained. The permissions on SoS appear to have been changed since the authors were initially contacted, so its possible that that permissions are no longer an issue. However as I said above, we don't have anyone handling it presently so there wont be any development in that area in the immediate future.

 

Concerning any actual SoS functionality, I would suggest you direct your attention toward the rules on LL regarding such content(specifically it not being allowed). As should be apparent, we will not be adding SoS functionality(which should have been highlighted by the statement in the credits section pointing out how support for that was specifically removed).

Posted

 

The changeover was simply for correctness and compatibility purposes(though perhaps not compatibility in the way you see it). The old bodies were using the female UV map, which meant that whenever you equipped an armor that was not converted for the body, not only did the mesh change to the adult body, but the textures broke rather severely due to the UV mismatch.

 

Concerning any actual SoS functionality, I would suggest you direct your attention toward the rules on LL regarding such content(specifically it not being allowed). As should be apparent, we will not be adding SoS functionality(which should have been highlighted by the statement in the credits section pointing out how support for that was specifically removed).

 

 

Tyvm for the explanation :) As all the vanilla armor seems to work with the alt body (I assume the SK armor patcher fixes that?), in the future and farther down the road what changes are in the works to SK itself that might eventually "break" the alt body/armor or prevent vanilla assets from fitting it properly? Or will the alt body always be a viable option even though it's no longer supported?

 

And if I missed anything in the credits I apologize, as the OP kinda suffers from "Too Much Info" :D

Posted

Tyvm for the explanation :) As all the vanilla armor seems to work with the alt body (I assume the SK armor patcher fixes that?), in the future and farther down the road what changes are in the works to SK itself that might eventually "break" the alt body/armor or prevent vanilla assets from fitting it properly? Or will the alt body always be a viable option even though it's no longer supported?

 

And if I missed anything in the credits I apologize, as the OP kinda suffers from "Too Much Info" :D

I'm not sure where all the miscommunication regarding the armor swapper keeps coming from, as its operation is extremely simple, it is not some sort of magic armor converting box. The armor 'seems to work' as darkone took the time to convert every single piece of vanilla armor+clothing to both male bodies, and most of the armor for the girl body. The swapper simply allows us to specify race specific models for armor without any of the complications inherent in the system as designed by bethesda.

 

I spent a substantial amount of time writing and proofreading the OP so that we wouldn't run into issues like this. Every one of these questions is explained in there, and neatly organized.

Posted

 Just reporting in; I've used the Armor Swapper to successfully equip armors and clothes from

the CoTS mod. Granted, some of them caused a couple of small bumps to appear on the

otherwise featureless terrain of my girl character :0

 

 I imported the Flat Pack and two of LostDayWalkers outfits; it took a couple of tries to get

the Armor Swapper to work for me; it hangs sometimes for some reason.

Posted

Just reporting in; I've used the Armor Swapper to successfully equip armors and clothes from

the CoTS mod. Granted, some of them caused a couple of small bumps to appear on the

otherwise featureless terrain of my girl character :0

 

I imported the Flat Pack and two of LostDayWalkers outfits; it took a couple of tries to get

the Armor Swapper to work for me; it hangs sometimes for some reason.

It will work with any mod, that's kind of the point. If you don't have replacement meshes, the default ones for the armor mod will be used(which as you noticed, don't quite match up exactly).
Posted

Sorry if I got your dander up :) I'm sure it's frustrating when someone says "It don't work" and the reason is because they didn't read the directions, which I might add are quite concise and clear, as even I got everything to work with no problem :) It's the technical info, such as for the armor swapper and conversions, that is over my head. So forgive me for not understanding (or misunderstanding) what ARMA and race records are or what they do and the voodoo that the swapper applies to them.

 

What I was asking, and don't see an answer for in the OP, was what might prevent the use of the alt boy body in future versions of SK? For instance, will we still be able to use it once all the vanilla kids are switched over to SK? Or won't it work because they'll be based on the new body? That's kind of what I'm getting at, how long can we expect the alt body to keep working with SK. And no need to get technical, just keep it simple :)

 

 

Posted

What I was asking, and don't see an answer for in the OP, was what might prevent the use of the alt boy body in future versions of SK? For instance, will we still be able to use it once all the vanilla kids are switched over to SK? Or won't it work because they'll be based on the new body? That's kind of what I'm getting at, how long can we expect the alt body to keep working with SK. And no need to get technical, just keep it simple :)

They will work continue working indefinitely; NPCs/faces/etc are not tied to body assets in any way.
Posted

 

Adding a nude version of the SoS derived body is uncertain presently; that subject was not brought up when permission to use the SoS assets was initially obtained. The permissions on SoS appear to have been changed since the authors were initially contacted, so its possible that that permissions are no longer an issue. However as I said above, we don't have anyone handling it presently so there wont be any development in that area in the immediate future.

 

Concerning any actual SoS functionality, I would suggest you direct your attention toward the rules on LL regarding such content(specifically it not being allowed). As should be apparent, we will not be adding SoS functionality(which should have been highlighted by the statement in the credits section pointing out how support for that was specifically removed).

As a contributor to both the original SOS development and current, I can confirm that permission is no longer an issue.  VP has handed the main development role over to B3lissaro, and Smurfette can not be reached for comment at this time.

 

I can look into disabling the erection functionality for SK races on the SOS side of things if a semi-realistic phallus is desired for SK boys.

Posted

As a contributor to both the original SOS development and current, I can confirm that permission is no longer an issue.  VP has handed the main development role over to B3lissaro, and Smurfette can not be reached for comment at this time.

 

I can look into disabling the erection functionality for SK races on the SOS side of things if a semi-realistic phallus is desired for SK boys.

Good to know, thanks for clarifying that for us. I appreciate the offer, however we're shooting for a 'baked in' approach on the model front, as to not have to make SoS a requirement. If it comes down to it I could always make the model myself...

 

the hands at your male adult body have a different color than the rest of the body

You need to be more specific, there aren't any 'adults' in here so I'm not sure what you're talking about. Can you provide a screenshot or more details?
Guest ChainedHunter
Posted

 I have a new problem. When I run the SKArmorPatcher.jar file, it opens up and immediately says "There was an exception thrown during program execution" and then closes the patcher.


 


is there a fix for this?


Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...