• 2 months later...

It's probably just a coincidence, But I just installed this mod (using Nexus mod manager) and When I loaded up Fallout 4 my saved games were deleted. While it's a minor problem I'm trying to sort out what caused it. Has this happened to anyone else who downloaded this mod? Or even just in general?

9 hours ago, MainMansrevenge said:

It's probably just a coincidence, But I just installed this mod (using Nexus mod manager) and When I loaded up Fallout 4 my saved games were deleted. While it's a minor problem I'm trying to sort out what caused it. Has this happened to anyone else who downloaded this mod? Or even just in general?

Really? I hope you found your problem because installing a mod will not delete your saves.

10 hours ago, MainMansrevenge said:

Has it been awhile since you last played before that? There was a small steam update in January that moved saves to an obscure location (I am in bed and should be sleeping so I can't look it up at the moment). The steam update was reverted, but didn't move the saves back.

Edited by ptmc2112
13 hours ago, MainMansrevenge said:

Here are further details on the Steam error referred to by @ptmc2112

9 hours ago, ptmc2112 said:

Has it been awhile since you last played before that? There was a small steam update in January that moved saves to an obscure location (I am in bed and should be sleeping so I can't look it up at the moment). The steam update was reverted, but didn't move the saves back.

I didn't think it was that long ago I was on. But maybe it was. Oh well. I just started a new game so it seems to be working fine

10 hours ago, UsernameTaken666 said:

Really? I hope you found your problem because installing a mod will not delete your saves.

Yeah I didn't think it would but it was an odd coincidence so I figured better cover my bases before I rule anything out. Fortunately, thanks to some other users I learned it was an update from Steam.

• 1 month later...