New Vegas Newbie

Molevalence

Hello Fallout gamers. I stated a little while back that I wanted to try out the Fallout series. I did a little research and decided to play New Vegas first. Good news, it came in today! It's installed and ready to go but before I jump in head first I want to prep my gameplay a little. I know people will ask why alter the game when you have not even played it yet I just want to add more variety to what is already given. I plan on taking a break from Skyrim and I hope that New Vegas will last a while. I was wondering if anyone can point me in the right direction for some mods if possible. I checked NMM and looked around a little on the forums but I should really get the primary mods before I start trying out the others.

Best example I can give is reference to Skyrim. Skyrim used SKSE (Skyrim Script Extender) and FNIS (Fores New Idles in Skyrim) which gave a massive open window to mods. Especially in the Lovers Lab community. If there are any mods like these that are a must have for other mods that would be a good start.

I also believe in realism. I heard New Vegas has Hardcore mode which involves essentially what Realistic Needs and Diseases did for Skyrim so I'll most likely be doing Hardcore mode. Any other mods similar to this would be wonderful.

Skins and Meshes: I am very open to this. The more options for face, eyes, hair and body customization the better as I can sometimes spend hours making a character. :P

Lastly adult mods. I am a fellow Lovers Lab member so not asking this would seem strange. I used Sanguine Debauchery, Sexlab, Sexlab procreation (Pregnancy Mod) and other mods that made relationships a little more in depth for Skyrim so anything similar to this would be great.

I apologize for such a large request. I feel like I am asking for the moon in a small sense but I just want to get off on the right foot with this game. If I am planning on pouring a great number of hours into it I want to enjoy it as much as possible and spend the least amount of time surfing through files  and reinstalling the game because I messed up somewhere. I know NV does not have as many mods or variety as Skyrim does but I am not picky. Any help at all would be greatly appreciated. :)

Thank you to whoever reads and responds to my post.

http://www.loverslab.com/forum/36-downloads-fallout-sexout/ is where to check for adult mods just make sure to check that is it a fallout nv mod and not a fallout 3 mod as they are both combined into one area. http://newvegas.nexusmods.com/mods/38538//? primary needs there are also many types of Imps More Complex Needs mods just type in needs into search bar on the nexus fallout nv sitehttp://newvegas.nexusmods.com/mods/34702//? beware of girl type 3 body replacer there are others you just have to search.

http://www.loverslab.com/forum/36-downloads-fallout-sexout/ is where to check for adult mods just make sure to check that is it a fallout nv mod and not a fallout 3 mod as they are both combined into one area. http://newvegas.nexusmods.com/mods/38538//? primary needs there are also many types of Imps More Complex Needs mods just type in needs into search bar on the nexus fallout nv sitehttp://newvegas.nexusmods.com/mods/34702//? beware of girl type 3 body replacer there are others you just have to search.

Thank you very much. I'll try them out next time I get a chance. :)

Before you start, make sure you don't use NMM for FNV. Use FOMM.

For sexout purposes, our script extender is NVSE v3b2.

I also recommend Project Nevada, which expands & lets you tweak a lot of gameplay features. Then there's EVE for better explosions & laser rifle stuff :) WMX for better weapon mods (silencers etc), dynamic camera for letting you tweak the game cam according to different situations. I can't play without them. Some of that will need some patches etc so you'll end up needing FNVEdit at some point or other.

Before you start, make sure you don't use NMM for FNV. Use FOMM.

For sexout purposes, our script extender is NVSE v3b2.

I also recommend Project Nevada, which expands & lets you tweak a lot of gameplay features. Then there's EVE for better explosions & laser rifle stuff :) WMX for better weapon mods (silencers etc), dynamic camera for letting you tweak the game cam according to different situations. I can't play without them. Some of that will need some patches etc so you'll end up needing FNVEdit at some point or other.

I am going to assume FOMM is very similar to NMM. Thank you for telling me this. I only installed a few mods in NMM so that will be easy to correct. :)

Thankfully I installed most of these manually too. 

Update: I got pretty much everything I need from the Lovers Lab community just need to figure out how to configure the Load Order in FOMM. Going through the menus now. :s

My very personal opinions.

There are, really, so many interesting mods that it would be so hard to suggest some more than other ones. So many deserve to be tried... But I would see it as a pity if you mod it before tasting the whole story at least once. I envy the fact you just started, the story deserves so much to be played and lived in all its aspects... with all the DLCs, in their order, so you can put every piece of the puzzle together and be very surprised of how much deep it is, from Big MT to Sierra Madre to the Divide...

But well, if you are interested in putting some better textures on the landscape, this doesn't hurt. Surely you'll find many wonderful mods around, like NMC texture pack. But among them all, I suggest to give a look to Ojo Bueno too: it has some details that are... unbelievable.

If you look for more realism than warning you after a day that you are hungry... better going back to Skyrim ;) In NV, I like Arwen mod, but I wouldn't suggest as first time you play. If I were you, to not change too much the vanilla I would stick with the good Project Nevada, core only, with default settings, only changing the game difficulty concerning your game style.

I would start by installing New Vegas Interiors, more buildings to explore.

Vurt's Wasteland Flora Overhaul is also a really nice addition.

A texture upgrade is worthwhile.

As far as ENB mods go, I've been using Fellout with Nevada Skies added

only for the weather. I was not at all pleased with the nightime interior lighting

with Nevada Skies, so I have Fellout overriding that part of it.

Update: I think I am missing a component because I installed all my mods correctly (I triple checked) and the game crashes once I open it. (Loads for a couple seconds then get a error report). I use Windows 7 64 bit and I heard there are compatibility issues while others say it works fine. I just wanted to ask this: Do these mods require something similar that Skyrim uses to run animation mods? (FNISforusers) because if it does that might be what is causing the crashes. Otherwise I am stumped. :s

Update: Been doing some research and noticed I was missing a few primary mods. I am trying to fix this. WIsh me luck!

Update: I think I got them all. They need to be in a specific order which I have but I still seem to be crashing as soon as I load up the game. Also there are some mods that are installed but they are not even in the load order list. (They are in Package Manager but not in the FOMM menu to adjust them accordingly.)

Update: Got everything good to go. Now I need to fix the random crashing as soon as I load up the game :s

This is the error report I got. Not sure what it means but I thought it would help.

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: FalloutNV.exe
Application Version: 1.4.0.525
Application Timestamp: 4e0d50ed
Fault Module Name: FalloutNV.exe
Fault Module Version: 1.4.0.525
Fault Module Timestamp: 4e0d50ed
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 0006158a
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
Locale ID: 4105
Additional Information 1: 0a9e
Additional Information 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
Additional Information 3: 0a9e
Additional Information 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

These 2 can help http://newvegas.nexusmods.com/mods/35999//? it's called boss and it can help with load order.  http://newvegas.nexusmods.com/mods/35003//? Wrye Flash NV don't think I have used this one much but it's a port of Wrye Bash so it should be the same install it load it up it will bring up a screen much like your mod manager screen showing all mods that are on/off it will also show anything that is out of place. Orange means that the thing it needs to work properly is in the wrong place and needs it to be placed above it green is good red is bad meaning the esp is missing other esp's that are needed to make it work. If you click a .esp it should bring up a area showing all mods needed for the esp.

If a mod is missing things needed for it to run properly it could cause ctd's.

Thank you for the reply. I used BOSS when I play Skyrim and it registered NV as well so I think its compatible. Ill try out the other and let you know. Thank you for the reply :)

Update: Game still crashes. I think its because I am using Windows 7. Not 100% but I dont think there's anything else that might be conflicting with it.

Can't be because you have windows 7 I have windows 7 as well and I get no crashes other then the random ctd crap you get with their games. Have you tried turning mods off a few at a time to see if it's being caused by one of them once you find the culprit you can get rid of it might also be a mod conflict. 

I turned off all the mods to be safe and now am activating them one at a time to see which one is the bad apple. Here's a load order of what I had before I turned them all off. Hope it helps.

[X] FalloutNV.esm
[X] Sexout.esm
[X] SexoutCommonResources.esm
[X] SexoutPregnancyV3.esm
[X] SexoutSlavery.esm
[X] SexoutLegion.esm
[X] SexoutStore.esm
[X] SexoutSharedResources.esm
[X] Primary Needs HUD.esm
[X] Project Nevada - Core.esm
[X] Project Nevada - Equipment.esm
[X] Project Nevada - Rebalance.esp
[X] Project Nevada - Cyberware.esp
[X] msexTopsOffice.esm
[X] CaravanPack.esm
[X] ClassicPack.esm
[X] MercenaryPack.esm
[X] TribalPack.esm
[X] DeadMoney.esm
[X] HonestHearts.esm
[X] OldWorldBlues.esm
[X] LonesomeRoad.esm
[X] GunRunnersArsenal.esm
[X] SexoutZAZ.esp
[X] SexoutWorkingGirl.esp
[X] SexoutStraponSex.esp
[X] SexoutBreeder.esp
[X] SexoutLust.esp
[X] SexoutLust - pHUD.esp
[X] SexoutKings.esp
[X] SexoutClothingEval.esp
[X] SexoutKhans.esp
[X] SexoutCheckMeOut.esp
[X] SexoutPowderGangers (HPT Tweaks).esp
[X] SexoutFiends.esp
[X] SexoutNCR.esp
[X] SexoutPowderGangers.esp
[X] The Mod Configuration Menu.esp
[X] AsharasHairConversionNV.esp
[X] msexFort.esp
[X] msexCourtesan.esp
[X] Tryout - Hard Prison Time.esp

Update: I got it to work (Yay!) I removed the bad mods but now when I exit the game It crashes with an error. :s

Another thing I forgot to ask is do you have NVSE installed correctly? Everything but the src goes on the first page of your game folder the src folder goes into your data folder and also are you starting the game through the NVSE_loader.exe as you need to use that if you are going to have your sex mods working correctly.

Another thing I forgot to ask is do you have NVSE installed correctly? Everything but the src goes on the first page of your game folder the src folder goes into your data folder and also are you starting the game through the NVSE_loader.exe as you need to use that if you are going to have your sex mods working correctly.

Yup I have the latest NVSE installed and good to go. I got the game to work finally but when I exit it crashes. :s

Some of their games do that when you quit the game.

Really? Wow that is strange. I think it might be good to go. Got my fingers crossed but you have been a tremendous help! Thank you very much. Could not have done this without you. Thank you to everyone else who posted mod suggestions! I hope I don't come back with another problem. I worked on this game for hours and I really want to play it. :s

I got the game to work finally but when I exit it crashes. :s

There's a solution involving stutter remover and changing a fast exit parameter thing. I can't find the link anymore but it should be somewhere under Fallout section.

• 2 weeks later...

I plan on taking a break from Skyrim and I hope that New Vegas will last a while. I was wondering if anyone can point me in the right direction for some mods if possible. I checked NMM and looked around a little on the forums but I should really get the primary mods before I start trying out the others.

Hey, thanks for starting this thread. I also got bored with Skyrim and bought FO3 GoTY and FNV Ultimate through Steam just yesterday. Currently waiting for the FNV download to finish. :)

One of the things I'm wondering about is if there's a need for a SkyUI/MCM type of mod for FNV, or any other important mod for GUI fix or enhancement.

I suppose these two games don't have any "unofficial patches" like Skyrim does.

I also need some character "beautification" mods for male and female characters. Like body meshes, textures, hair packs etc.

I've seen some of Kendo 2's mods around here which were pretty cool, I'll probably be using them but what I'm actually interested in is getting this girl in my game. Haven't started playing the game yet so I don't know how close is that character to the vanilla characters, what mods are required to create her. Hope he's around to share a few tips with us.

index.php?app=downloads&module=display&s

I plan on taking a break from Skyrim and I hope that New Vegas will last a while. I was wondering if anyone can point me in the right direction for some mods if possible. I checked NMM and looked around a little on the forums but I should really get the primary mods before I start trying out the others.

Hey, thanks for starting this thread. I also got bored with Skyrim and bought FO3 GoTY and FNV Ultimate through Steam just yesterday. Currently waiting for the FNV download to finish. :)

One of the things I'm wondering about is if there's a need for a SkyUI/MCM type of mod for FNV, or any other important mod for GUI fix or enhancement.

I suppose these two games don't have any "unofficial patches" like Skyrim does.

I also need some character "beautification" mods for male and female characters. Like body meshes, textures, hair packs etc.

I've seen some of Kendo 2's mods around here which were pretty cool, I'll probably be using them but what I'm actually interested in is getting this girl in my game. Haven't started playing the game yet so I don't know how close is that character to the vanilla characters, what mods are required to create her. Hope he's around to share a few tips with us.

index.php?app=downloads&module=display&s

I personally prefer the Moonshadow Race texture mod for the female characters. They do however look like elves and have the ears but I am fine with that. I have a forum on the Non-Adult Fallout Mods tab that will show you pictures and everything. :)

Okay, now I'm starting to install stuff from scratch on top of vanilla FNV and I will also tweak the game's INI files. Hope this can be kind of a reference for other people. So if you guys can bear with me, I'd appreciate your comments on what I have done so far. BTW, I ran the launcher and the game once just a moment ago, but didn't change anything and didn't start a new game.

Here's what I've done so far:

Update 1:

- Installed Mod Organizer v1.7 and configured some of its settings.

- Installed NVSE beta version 3b2. The game seems to be working when lauched through this.

- Installed 4GB Fallout New Vegas. This runs the game but I'm not sure if it actually launches NVSE. Is there any way to tell?

BTW, what is the correct load order for these DLCs or does it matter?

CaravanPack.esm
ClassicPack.esm
DeadMoney.esm
FalloutNV.esm
GunRunnersArsenal.esm
HonestHearts.esm
LonesomeRoad.esm
MercenaryPack.esm
OldWorldBlues.esm
TribalPack.esm

It states it does support FOMM. If my understanding is correctly after configuring it so long as you open FOMM through MO it works as if you are using FOMM normally (profile) through creating a "virtual" record or something. .. I recently read abit about it and it does sound like a great thing if it even works half as well as it states. I particularly like the different save playthrough options that can be used. I can play one style and move to another style and back and forth through multiple games and not skip a beat. If this is so it is well worth the effort to install and configure it. I have however not tried it yet. Work in and my computer isn't cooperating.

There is an very well designed wiki on this here

http://wiki.step-project.com/Guide:Mod_Organizer

Archived