Great update to a great mod! If you are considering more licenses  for future, one for gags, shackles / yoke, and maybe blindfold could be pretty fun. For the safety of the citizens obviously, they wouldn't trust a lunatic who can shout people to death to not be gagged (without the Jarls expensive permission of course) and wearing a yoke or breast yoke in town is just common courtesy for a dangerous dragon slayer in a humble town.

Blindfold just to stop you glaring at everyone!

An excellent mod and I congratulate you for the work you have done, but what keeps me from always using it is not being able to renew the licenses before they expire.

It is very annoying that they expire while you are in the outskirts and that if I do not undress before entering the city they will apply a lot of fines in addition to the one corresponding to the travel permit.

At first I thought that the cooldown referred to the time in which the laws are applied again, not the time in which the licenses can be purchased again.

Edited by Elvis25

Hey,

Is there any mod/addon or maybe future option that would gradually enable/require those licenses across the continent?
I'm thinking of something like Slaverun which slowly spread across skyrim.

In the beginning I find it too many rules/limitations but also don't wanna go into the menu and disable/enable options all the time.

So any sort of progression/quests that would enable and even revert back certain licenses depending on how the world evolves or your actions would be great.
I'd code something like this myself if I had the time and the skills to do so :D

16 hours ago, Elvis25 said:

An excellent mod and I congratulate you for the work you have done, but what keeps me from always using it is not being able to renew the licenses before they expire.

It is very annoying that they expire while you are in the outskirts and that if I do not undress before entering the city they will apply a lot of fines in addition to the one corresponding to the travel permit.

At first I thought that the cooldown referred to the time in which the laws are applied again, not the time in which the licenses can be purchased again.

Totally agree on this, an option or grace period to renew before being fined would be very nice

9 hours ago, myrrdhin said:

Is there any mod/addon or maybe future option that would gradually enable/require those licenses across the continent?
I'm thinking of something like Slaverun which slowly spread across skyrim.

In the beginning I find it too many rules/limitations but also don't wanna go into the menu and disable/enable options all the time.

Have you checked out Sexy Adventures instead? It has crime laws instead of licenses but you can have randomized crime laws that update every so often. So there might be a chance one town has it illegal for women to wear clothes or armor or not wear a collar etc, while other towns don't have that. Or one previously safe town could update while you are away so you show back up and get arrested for not being naked

Edited by NoppaiKohai

I'm using sexy adventure in my current build but it's not exactly what I'm looking for.
I'm looking for something like some of those corruption games where you are headmaster of a school for example and over time you can enact more and more rules in order to crrupt your students.
It would be neat if something like this could be done here just you are not the "headmaster" but one of the students who suffers/get's corrupted by those rules.
Which could then end in something like public whore.
I.e. it first starts small with not being allowed to use magic, then no weapons, then no armor and so on and so forth and then like Slaverun it spreads over time from Whiterun to other cites as well.
And yeah I get it, it would be a complex undertaking

it is bypass the Devious Lockable keyword check? I use Devious Armor. just worried it will be conflict by the keyword.

and the Confiscated item only works for regular slot. seems additional slot is not, like Earing, choker/Collar, Bra. Undies/Belt.
it cause the guard spam the dialog that say player has the magic item again.

On 1/12/2024 at 4:49 AM, Black714 said:

it is bypass the Devious Lockable keyword check? I use Devious Armor. just worried it will be conflict by the keyword.

I don't fully understand this question. Should this answer your question, I'll say that the zad_Lockable keyword is whitelisted so that BMLE will not validate tagged items for further check or removal.

On 1/12/2024 at 4:49 AM, Black714 said:

and the Confiscated item only works for regular slot. seems additional slot is not, like Earing, choker/Collar, Bra. Undies/Belt.
it cause the guard spam the dialog that say player has the magic item again.

This doesn't sound like intended behavior. Any item slot for check is also where equipped items should be confiscated from. BMLE is supposed to be scripted as such and, if check and confiscation slots aren't in sync, BMLE will obviously be stuck in a loop. You should export your settings.json file. Maybe someone can help debug from there.

Probably a bit of a stretch, but I would love if BMLE integrated somehow with Body Search

It'd be just if Body Search checked the players inventory for BMLE purposes. Perhaps one of the licenses provides immunity to being searched?

I suspect it's probably too much work, but I'm suggesting it just in case it isn't :)

I've got an idea.

How about a license for maps?

The reason behind this is that countries have historically guarded their maps because maps make it easy for invading armies to plan avenues of attack and select objectives.  And maps would also aid raiding parties in making quick strikes avoiding defended routes for easier ingress and egress. 

For immersion, it would be ideal to have separate maps for each hold, or one map for each area controlled by stormcloaks and imperials, but they're  probably tough nuts to crack, so just having one map would have to do for now.

Given the strategic importance of maps, it would be appropriate to set reasonably higher minimum costs for map licenses.

And maybe consider some type of punishment if the map isn't available at license renewal (like being lost to hostile NPC's).   Maybe a bounty, prison sentence, or better yet, a quest to go back and retrieve it.  Or maybe a severely harsh confiscation of everything and thrown out of the city with a warning not to return until you prove your worth and have enough gold for a new map license.  

Maybe add some dialogue options to try to bribe or bluff your way out of being penalized for a lost map.  Like the ever popular "a draugr ate my map"

3 hours ago, Lucky Sparrow said:

How about a license for maps?

This could possibly hook into the map and compass features in sexlab survival. But seeing as how difficult it can be to get a map and compass in the first place, I wonder if it even warrants a license. I mean, it's a great idea with very interesting historical and practical significance.

Alternatively, BMLE could introduce their own map and compass system, but with the work involved, the lack of thematic consistency and the overlapping of features with other mods (which seems to be something Gyra wants to avoid iirc), I doubt such a thing would come to pass.

Still, great idea tho :)

@Kruggar@Adroit@MorS@@syrenundine

To any other users who had a missing MCM issue: I've returned from my break and will start off by slowly debugging this issue. However, this issue is quite evasive: the issue only appears on some mod setups. On my playthrough partition, the issue crops up regularly. On my development partition, I never see the issue. Thus, I need some outside help.

Changes:

- Eliminated possible repeat calls to OnLoadGame() function

Edited by Gyra
Removed attachment
22 hours ago, Gyra said:

To any other users who had a missing MCM issue: I've returned from my break and will start off by slowly debugging this issue. However, this issue is quite evasive: the issue only appears on some mod setups. On my playthrough partition, the issue crops up regularly. On my development partition, I never see the issue. Thus, I need some outside help.

Changes:

BM Licenses - Enhanced - 1.9.3-beta.1.zip 216.11 kB · 1 download

Started a new game a few times and this looks to be working consistently for me so far. appreciate it!

Side note: I was building a SPID file to distribute certain licenses to strong or rich female npcs for "immersion", and a potential path to get some licenses through theft. I realized quickly that guards didn't recognize the licenses as I'm guessing they aren't being registered. Any thoughts on this kind of feature with BMLE, or would that be a bit out of scope for this project?

3 hours ago, syrenundine said:

Started a new game a few times and this looks to be working consistently for me so far. appreciate it!

1 hour ago, Adroit said:

I've started the long process of building a new list from scratch, so I wasn't able to test deeply, but loading the new version up in my old list, it seems to have resolved the issue for me!

This is good! If I can get additional positive reports, or I see no more negative reports, I'll push this change forward to release.

3 hours ago, syrenundine said:

I was building a SPID file to distribute certain licenses to strong or rich female npcs for "immersion", and a potential path to get some licenses through theft. I realized quickly that guards didn't recognize the licenses as I'm guessing they aren't being registered. Any thoughts on this kind of feature with BMLE, or would that be a bit out of scope for this project?

I'd discussed this topic with @Corsec before! It's best to think of our current license documents as "receipts" because BMLE needs to project the image that the guards 'remember' what licenses you have. If you could steal a license and activate it from there on, BMLE has no way of cleanly determining an expiry state (if BMLE were to generate a random expiry state for each license document, BMLE would have to create that state for each document you steal/buy/discard, which you can probably imagine is very performance-intensive if not just messy).

Your SPIDs will nonetheless be useful if you enable Water Damage or have some sort of theft mechanic from another mod (ex. Practical Defeat, SexLab Defeat): Lost licenses don't affect the expiry timer, and guards won't permit you to buy a license of the same type before it has expired. If you've lost a license, you can steal a license of the same type from another NPC.

On 1/20/2024 at 10:50 AM, Gyra said:

Changes:

My mod list in its current config was failing to load BM Licences 100% of the time since I made my last comment. Checked again just now before installing the update (it failed), then updated. In both new games I started BM Licences loaded fine; well done and thankyou! Will let you know if it fails again.

Edited by Let Carter

With 1.10 on a new game violations do not lead to the expected outcome. The guard forcegreets and the dialogue continues until "I'm gonna need to check ..." after that the dialogue ends. The guard gives his usual get back here and a 0 Gold bounty is added. Payprus log is attached (note I'm still working on the LO, so yes there are a lot of errors, didn't get to that part yet, but should be nothing that adversely affects this mods, script lag is also fine, around the 80's).

Key part seems to be the missing method:

[01/22/2024 - 03:07:53PM] Error: Method GetFine not found on BM_Licenses. Aborting call and returning None
stack:
	[topic info FE098852 on quest BM_Licenses_Bounty (FE09880A)].BM_D_WalkAway_Kinky.Fragment_1() - "BM_D_WalkAway_Kinky.psc" Line 9
[01/22/2024 - 03:07:53PM] warning: Assigning None to a non-object variable named "::temp1"
stack:
	[topic info FE098852 on quest BM_Licenses_Bounty (FE09880A)].BM_D_WalkAway_Kinky.Fragment_1() - "BM_D_WalkAway_Kinky.psc" Line 9

Papyrus.0.log

5 hours ago, Gyra said:

Ok, spoke to soon. The fine is now applied, but the dialogue still gets interrupted, so confiscation for example does not work.
That said, getting arrested for violating the Travel License works perfectly fine.

Also, how is the percentage fine calculated exactly? It looks to me like the fine is applied for each offending item, not for each violated license. So if you got 6 armor pieces on without a valid license ... it gets very expensive very quickly. Doesn't read like it should work that way?

Edited by Talesien

@Talesien I'm unable to replicate your issue. Here's my test process:

1. Spawn in Alternate Perspective Cell

2. Disable locational filters, enable Kinky Dialogue, leave all other settings at default

3. Retrieve 5000 gold, wear full set of leather armor

4. Walk to outside of inn; get arrested

The guards correctly unequip my armor and subtract 750 gold from my wallet. That's [base 250] + [25% of 2000 gold for Armor License].

Fine = Base + (Percentage * (ArmorFine + WeaponFine + CraftingFine + TravelFine + CollarFine + InsuranceFine + CurfewFine)). This value is calculated as a Float and then floored as an Integer.

A respective license violation fine will appear as 0.0 if there is no violation. For example, if Armor License costs 2000 gold, base fine is 250, and player committed an Armor License violation:

Fine = 250 + 0.25(2000 + 0 + 0 + 0 + 0 + 0 + 0)

Please pass me your settings.json and your bug replication process (what are you wearing? where are you confronted?)

Edited by Gyra
On 1/4/2024 at 9:15 AM, syrenundine said:

Made a voice pack as I didn't see one already available anywhere. Used vasynth3 based on version 1.9.2 of the mod. Updated for 1.10.1

@Gyra If for any reason would like the file removed just let me know.  :)

BM Licenses - Enhanced - Voices (1-9-2).zip 259.58 MB · 152 downloads

No Dialogue Patch

BM Licenses Enhanced Voice 1101.zip 83.75 MB · 0 downloads

W/ Dialogue Patch (you only need this file)

BM Licenses Enhanced Dialogue Patch Voice 1101.zip 132.59 MB · 0 downloads

Updated Voice files for 1.10.1, also packed them into bsa's this time around

16 hours ago, Gyra said:

@Talesien I'm unable to replicate your issue. Here's my test process:

1. Spawn in Alternate Perspective Cell

2. Disable locational filters, enable Kinky Dialogue, leave all other settings at default

3. Retrieve 5000 gold, wear full set of leather armor

4. Walk to outside of inn; get arrested

The guards correctly unequip my armor and subtract 750 gold from my wallet. That's [base 250] + [25% of 2000 gold for Armor License].

Fine = Base + (Percentage * (ArmorFine + WeaponFine + CraftingFine + TravelFine + CollarFine + InsuranceFine + CurfewFine)). This value is calculated as a Float and then floored as an Integer.

A respective license violation fine will appear as 0.0 if there is no violation. For example, if Armor License costs 2000 gold, base fine is 250, and player committed an Armor License violation:

Fine = 250 + 0.25(2000 + 0 + 0 + 0 + 0 + 0 + 0)

Please pass me your settings.json and your bug replication process (what are you wearing? where are you confronted?)

Ignore it, sorry for causing you this much work. I found the problem (caused other oddities too). It appears that for a mod that consists of only an 18 records esp, "Naked bonuses" causes a remarkable amount of mayhem in the game.
I appreciate your help and your work on this mod in general, thanks.

On 1/22/2024 at 4:53 AM, Gyra said:

@Black714 You had an issue with Cursed Collar losing its effects after you've interacted with the inventory device, right? You could try using Equip Enchantment Fix. I haven't come across any issues so far, so fingers-crossed we can leave it at that.

Thankyou so much for solution. I just move into SE after 13 years playing LE. the main reason? 32-bit RAM limitation is really pain.
I need time to extract all the outfit I have "to make it works with HDT-SMP". I will try it later since LE didn't have Equip Enchantment Fix Feature.