Should I buy Starfield?  

113 members have voted

1. 1. Should I buy Starfield?

• Yes, and the Premium upgrade, too, for the DLC
    • Yes, the Standard edition should be sufficient
    • No, played it and refunded it

This poll is closed to new votes

On 9/4/2023 at 5:38 PM, bjornk said:

Oh yeah, so any rational person who refuses to accept the toxic and delusional trans ideology presented as the "norm" in every area in our daily lives, including video games, is now a "trans-hater", brilliant.

Such a goofily ironic sentence. Surely you're not a hater, despite calling it a "toxic and delusional ideology" no hate detected. It wasn't that long ago that black characters were seen as the target to hate for being shoved down peoples throats. Just for existing it was deemed a political move. The goober losing his mind over the pronoun selection bit at the beginning perfectly embodies that side of the argument in game spaces. 

Anyway, I'm definitely picking the game up but I'm gonna wait 6 months for mods to pick up. To me Bethesda are all the same. Their games are just a platform to deliver mods. It still blows my mind that people actually play these games on release. It's like eating food with no seasoning. 

I am about 10 hours in and really enjoying so far. If you like Bethesda style games the chances are you will like this one.   I have PC Game Pass which had it day one so was no brainer for me :)

I will buy on steam later for modding first time it is on sale but for now will enjoy the GP version. 

All the over-hype by Todd, the massively lengthy dev time ... oh hell no!  I've watched several live streams by major YouTubers (including Jay: JayzTwoCents) omg, what an over-rated piece of doo doo.  The story was lackluster, the characters were lackluster and cringe, the graphics were plain-Jane lackluster ... just an average NON-open world with lots of loading screens for travel, shitty (or non-existent) maps.  They even had a Cicero voiced character that just creeped me the hell out.  Do what you want but, this younger generation just seems to accept CRAP as the norm. (looking at you 2042 - that I wasted $90 on, and EA refused a refund ... unlike Steam).  Bethesda will NEVER get close to the magic of Skyrim again.  Modders have already pumped out several mods to fix Beth's crap (as it's ALWAYS been).  Wait for the modders to fix it then get it on sale ... which should happen quickly. (over-rated piece of doo doo)  My guess is that Todd KNEW the brilliant modding community would fix their hack work ... AS ALWAYS.

Edited by Skyrob57

If you like Bethesda games, then yes. If you don't like Bethesda games, then no. Because that's what Starfield is, just in a space setting.

I started playing their games back in Morrowind. Ain't nothing changed, it's the same formula.

Edited by xking

Skyrim without mods is a bad game... but with decent mods it's great! I think we have a similar situation here... I see that there are more and more mods for Starfeld, and they are getting better... Great! There are still no adult mods - when they appear, I will buy the game.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

On 9/8/2023 at 12:57 PM, Digitus said:

Such a goofily ironic sentence. Surely you're not a hater, despite calling it a "toxic and delusional ideology" no hate detected. It wasn't that long ago that black characters were seen as the target to hate for being shoved down peoples throats. Just for existing it was deemed a political move. The goober losing his mind over the pronoun selection bit at the beginning perfectly embodies that side of the argument in game spaces. 

Anyway, I'm definitely picking the game up but I'm gonna wait 6 months for mods to pick up. To me Bethesda are all the same. Their games are just a platform to deliver mods. It still blows my mind that people actually play these games on release. It's like eating food with no seasoning. 

Your perspective on the evolving landscape of inclusion and representation in video games highlights the ongoing debates in gaming communities. It's true that discussions around topics like pronoun usage and diversity can be polarizing. Whether you're facing unexpected expenses, need some extra cash for an emergency, or simply looking for a hassle-free way to manage your finances, this borrowing app have many option. The application process is incredibly user-friendly, and the approval turnaround is surprisingly swift. The repayment options are flexible and convenient. I've found it to be a reliable and trustworthy solution when you're in a financial bind. Don't hesitate to give it a try, and you'll likely discover like I did, that it's a valuable tool for managing your financial needs.

I haven't played it, but I can provide some general advice. It's a matter of personal preference. If you enjoy open-world space exploration and RPGs, Starfield might be worth it. 

Edited by MargaretElliott
Vor 12 Minuten sagte Celedhring:

Ich kaufte es. Und ich habe es eine Weile gespielt … es ist meh“ und mein stark verändertes SSE und Fallout 4 sind fesselnder. 

Starfield wird Mods brauchen, um es zu beleben.

StarFiled will need massive bug-fixing first and foremost ... before you can even think about mods.

But bug-fixing is not everything ... because many things are not really finished developed by the manufacturer - only that can NOT be the task of unpaid mod authors.

The game has to be taken off the market for 2-3 years and finished!

2 hours ago, mircislav said:

The game can have a bright future - if Ashal and ousnius bless us with what they do best... Without them - it's nothing to be excited with... just as Skyrim without mods.

based on what the xedit people are saying it sounds like any framework mods may be a no go, they are saying something about formid & esp/esl handling being fucked up and killing mod dependencys.

It's not a question of "should I buy or not" but a question of "should I buy now or wait a little bit and get it at a discount."

I'm about 250 hours in right now, and have hardly touched the main quest.  I've spent most of my time landing on and surveying/exploring different planets, and doing side and faction quests.  In that time, I've only had one major bug (in a faction quest line) and one minor bug with an outpost cargo link.

The game isn't perfect, there are a few things that I would like to see changed, but on the other hand there are some genuinely good parts too.  You really want to try to listen to the NPC dialogue because some of it is just side-splittingly funny (like Andreja making comments about a certain hypochondriac that you meet, or a random colonist saying that he used to be an explorer like you, until...)

I bought the premium edition with DLC at regular price and I have no buyers regret.  With the amount of time I've already spent in the game I got my moneys worth.

Here you go,

I will provide you with video examples of why you should not purchase Starfield,

Cheese AI,

Flat Story does not matter,

Janky game design, Janky bugginess, Scary Monsters cannot navigate effectively in enviroments are not impressive or scarry as a result.

Gee another Deathclaw that can not get through a doorway.

Baulders Gate compared to Starfield,

Oh but that's ok, guns right?

Alright but hey lets point out the greatest thing about Starfield right now!!!

Only reason I can think of to purchase Starfield.

Oh right, modders will fix it.

Skyrim has a well established mods list and also Fallout 4, not far behind.

Mass Effect Legendary Edition remaster is out though and Mass Effect Andromeda's character faces those an its bugs ironed out long ago....So you can buy the best games ever in space genre for role playing ever!  4 games for the same price as Starfield and also there is the fact the ME series is basically the best in Sci Fi RPG space games.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/19/2023 at 6:31 PM, MadMansGun said:

based on what the xedit people are saying it sounds like any framework mods may be a no go, they are saying something about formid & esp/esl handling being fucked up and killing mod dependencys.

An article about this potential issue just landed on Nexus:

https://www.nexusmods.com/news/14888