Oestrogen Posted March 30 Posted March 30 On 3/24/2026 at 11:54 PM, FreakyRufus said: In my game, only teen female sims have a different head color than their body, and it is only noticeable if their skin color is on the darker side of the slider. For me, it is only on one specific skintone. If I choose a different skintone, their head and bodies match color, no matter where they are on the selector. Since I only see this when the sim has that one specific skintone, I hadn't thought that it was because of this mod, but it might be. I haven't tested that out. I can reproduce the exact same on dark-skinned teen female sims with that one specific skintone. I did some testing, and found out that it was the Buhudain.package remove it fixed the mismatching skin colour. 1
Oestrogen Posted March 30 Posted March 30 I just tested it again with the latest version and without a custom default skin, and yeah, it still persists. I think it's the "Default Skin" (TONE 0x0354796A 0xE8A7D5F0FEC3D90B) that is causing the issue.
IvaInn Posted March 30 Posted March 30 On 3/24/2026 at 6:54 PM, FreakyRufus said: In my game, only teen female sims have a different head color than their body, and it is only noticeable if their skin color is on the darker side of the slider. For me, it is only on one specific skintone. If I choose a different skintone, their head and bodies match color, no matter where they are on the selector. Since I only see this when the sim has that one specific skintone, I hadn't thought that it was because of this mod, but it might be. I haven't tested that out. I had this problem, finally solved it by copying the "adult female" dds into the created strings for "teen female." Of course, if this is a skin from EA, then this solution is unlikely to work.
Oestrogen Posted March 30 Posted March 30 14 minutes ago, IvaInn said: I had this problem, finally solved it by copying the "adult female" dds into the created strings for "teen female." Of course, if this is a skin from EA, then this solution is unlikely to work. What is this "adult female" dds? could you elaborate a little? Thanks!
IvaInn Posted March 30 Posted March 30 1 hour ago, Oestrogen said: What is this "adult female" dds? could you elaborate a little? Thanks! What skin are you using? You need the Sims 3 Package Editor (s3pe). Open your skin in it and check if there's a line for tf_body. If not, either use another skin that does (Kurasoberina, for example) or export the image from the af_body resource to a file. Then click Resource - Import - From File, select the dds file from the folder you saved it to, and change the name from af to tf and the instance line to 0x659D7229A87C7A03. Save the changes. That's about it, if I remember correctly. 1
IvaInn Posted March 30 Posted March 30 If there is another line called dark, then I suppose you can repeat it by analogy, only instance 0x745109BE45B43443
Oestrogen Posted March 30 Posted March 30 21 minutes ago, IvaInn said: What skin are you using? You need the Sims 3 Package Editor (s3pe). Open your skin in it and check if there's a line for tf_body. If not, either use another skin that does (Kurasoberina, for example) or export the image from the af_body resource to a file. Then click Resource - Import - From File, select the dds file from the folder you saved it to, and change the name from af to tf and the instance line to 0x659D7229A87C7A03. Save the changes. That's about it, if I remember correctly. In the screenshot I posted earlier it was just default EA skin, but it was ESkin-Fresh default skin I was using when the glitch was first noticed. Thank you very much for sharing this finding with us, I must try and check again in-game soon!
elixdude Posted April 4 Posted April 4 Did you also add the eyes texture on the default skin? I was surprised with the red lines on the eyes, kinda scary as well lol...
spauldo Posted April 8 Posted April 8 I was thinking of making a resized version of the skins for those of us who want a little more memory available. Problem is, I've never done textures for the Sims before. So before I teach myself script-fu (because I'm not going to spend hours clicking the same thing over and over again like a robot), I was wondering if someone could clue me in. I'll be working with the GIMP v 3.0.4. I assume I can just export the _IMG files from S3PE, open each one in GIMP (without loading mipmaps), scale the image, export it as DDS (I'm not sure what compression to use - there's several DX5 options) with "generate mipmaps" selected, then right-click->replace the _IMG in S3PE and select the file GIMP just saved. That sound about right?
LeonSkykarDarko Posted April 11 Posted April 11 Guys, i am 100% new to Sims3, want to DL some m/m interactions , modding.. is it as good as sims 4 or better? is there male body hair and skins.. etc... lol .. can someone give me a quick rundown on what I need to do exactly? I am familiar with sims 4 modding
spauldo Posted April 11 Posted April 11 29 minutes ago, LeonSkykarDarko said: Guys, i am 100% new to Sims3, want to DL some m/m interactions , modding.. is it as good as sims 4 or better? is there male body hair and skins.. etc... lol .. can someone give me a quick rundown on what I need to do exactly? I am familiar with sims 4 modding Disclaimer: I'm not a modder. That said, from what I can tell ModTheSims has pretty much all you'd need for modding. Lots of tutorials and examples and a community of modders talking to each other. If you want to do sex mods, the modders here seem to cooperate pretty well, but MTS is probably better for getting started. You can use Blender and GIMP and the handful of tools the modding community has built to do pretty much everything, so you don't need to go out and pay for software. As far as Sims 3 goes, just bear in mind that EA really screwed the pooch on it. It started out too ambitious and had to be scaled back somewhat during development (originally, every sim in the world was supposed to be simulated all the time). EA never optimized their codebase, so it's still slow and clunky even on modern hardware. Lots of bad design choices and bugs were never addressed. The modding community did a lot of work to try to make things better, but turds can only take so much polish That said, people still play it because despite all its flaws it's an amazing game. The open world concept is fantastic, and that's the primary reason so many people never moved to Sims 4. Sims 4 always seemed more like a sequel to Sims 2 to me. 1
Chrissy90 Posted April 13 Posted April 13 On 4/8/2026 at 6:34 PM, spauldo said: I was thinking of making a resized version of the skins for those of us who want a little more memory available. Problem is, I've never done textures for the Sims before. So before I teach myself script-fu (because I'm not going to spend hours clicking the same thing over and over again like a robot), I was wondering if someone could clue me in. I'll be working with the GIMP v 3.0.4. I assume I can just export the _IMG files from S3PE, open each one in GIMP (without loading mipmaps), scale the image, export it as DDS (I'm not sure what compression to use - there's several DX5 options) with "generate mipmaps" selected, then right-click->replace the _IMG in S3PE and select the file GIMP just saved. That sound about right? You can see in the preview panel in S3PE what DXT compression is used for the original texture. Though the general rule of thumb is pretty simply: DXT1 is used if the texture is opaque (no transparency). DXT3 is used if the texture has a sharp, defined alpha channel (meaning the edges between transparency and fully opaque parts are sharp/there is no gradient in transparency). DXT5 is used if the texture has smooth or diffused gradient transparency. But, to be honest, most modders I see don't ever use DXT3. It's either 1 or 5 depending on if there is transparency. In fact, some people just use 5 for everything. I wouldn't recommend that, really, as DXT5 will be the highest file size, but I have edited skin textures before and even from good creators they often use DXT5. I'm not really sure why, as they have no transparency, but I just kept it DXT5 just in case they knew something I didn't. 😆 So really that'd be something that's up to you. If you care about the overall file size, then maybe try DXT1, if not then DXT5 works. 1
spauldo Posted April 13 Posted April 13 4 hours ago, Chrissy90 said: You can see in the preview panel in S3PE what DXT compression is used for the original texture. Though the general rule of thumb is pretty simply: DXT1 is used if the texture is opaque (no transparency). DXT3 is used if the texture has a sharp, defined alpha channel (meaning the edges between transparency and fully opaque parts are sharp/there is no gradient in transparency). DXT5 is used if the texture has smooth or diffused gradient transparency. But, to be honest, most modders I see don't ever use DXT3. It's either 1 or 5 depending on if there is transparency. In fact, some people just use 5 for everything. I wouldn't recommend that, really, as DXT5 will be the highest file size, but I have edited skin textures before and even from good creators they often use DXT5. I'm not really sure why, as they have no transparency, but I just kept it DXT5 just in case they knew something I didn't. 😆 So really that'd be something that's up to you. If you care about the overall file size, then maybe try DXT1, if not then DXT5 works. Thanks for the info! Do you know if the data is stored compressed in VRAM? If not, the only disadvantage would be size on disk. My biggest concern was whether the UV maps would automatically scale to the image size. I haven't actually started on the conversion yet because I got nerd sniped into trying to modernize Emacs' GIMP mode. 1
Chrissy90 Posted April 13 Posted April 13 1 hour ago, spauldo said: Thanks for the info! Do you know if the data is stored compressed in VRAM? If not, the only disadvantage would be size on disk. My biggest concern was whether the UV maps would automatically scale to the image size. I haven't actually started on the conversion yet because I got nerd sniped into trying to modernize Emacs' GIMP mode. Yeah the UV map will scale as long as the dimensions are still multiples of 4. I'm not sure if it would adjust otherwise. So dropping from 2048x2048 to 1024x1024 will work fine. I'm not super certain about how the data is stored, but I believe all textures used by the game are stored compressed. At least, the game is rendering compressed textures in live mode (if you ever noticed how pixelated a sim's skin looks in live mode vs CAS, that is why). But I should've mentioned something I do know for certain and that is that DXT5 will use more VRAM than DXT1. DXT5 will provide better looking compression, but will use about twice the VRAM. This might be offset by dropping the overall dimensions from 2K, so it might still be worth it for how better it looks. Ultimately, that's something you'll just have to experiment with to see what you like the best. 1
Clydie Posted April 14 Posted April 14 On 4/9/2026 at 1:34 AM, spauldo said: I was thinking of making a resized version of the skins for those of us who want a little more memory available. Not sure what you mean with resized skins. There are many very nice skins to find in WWW in every size. From 1024x1024 up to 6144x6144 of size. However, For my part and experience, I use only up to 2048X2048 for non default skins and a 1024x1024 skin for default replacement. BUT, the normal maps from Buhudain what comes with the pack from JVSmith here have a size of 4096X4096 and is therefore huge and need more performance. Long ago I downsized the Buhudain files to 2048 and use this with a 1024X1024 DR skin and is good for all 2048x2048 CC skins in my game. If you want to try, I load up up here my downsized Buhudain files along with my favored Starfruit DR skin. May be @Jvsmith want to have a look to that too.... Please be aware : the files in the ZIP bear the same names as the original Buhudain 4096 files. So, take care and copy your originals to a save place first. Buhudain_DR_YouAreRealV1.5_and_KB_Starfruit_Busty_DR_Skin_Hairless.zip 2
spauldo Posted April 15 Posted April 15 18 hours ago, Clydie said: Not sure what you mean with resized skins. There are many very nice skins to find in WWW in every size. From 1024x1024 up to 6144x6144 of size. However, For my part and experience, I use only up to 2048X2048 for non default skins and a 1024x1024 skin for default replacement. BUT, the normal maps from Buhudain what comes with the pack from JVSmith here have a size of 4096X4096 and is therefore huge and need more performance. Long ago I downsized the Buhudain files to 2048 and use this with a 1024X1024 DR skin and is good for all 2048x2048 CC skins in my game. If you want to try, I load up up here my downsized Buhudain files along with my favored Starfruit DR skin. May be @Jvsmith want to have a look to that too.... Please be aware : the files in the ZIP bear the same names as the original Buhudain 4096 files. So, take care and copy your originals to a save place first. Buhudain_DR_YouAreRealV1.5_and_KB_Starfruit_Busty_DR_Skin_Hairless.zip 53.61 MB · 2 downloads Here's my reasoning: JvSmith made this (I assume) to provide a convenient package that has all the body-related stuff in one place.* I assume the skin he included is his favorite skin. This package seems to be pretty popular and is a good starting point for getting into KW. Problem is, the skin he provides is very high res. So I figured I'd rescale it and see if he wanted to have an optional download for people who don't have a lot of VRAM or don't mind trading visual quality for better graphics performance. Since it'd be the same skin, Sims would look more-or-less the same regardless of which skin you chose, so everyone with this package would get the same experience. Anyway, thanks for posting those files - I haven't chosen what skin I'm going to use on my next setup, so I'll be giving those a try. * He doesn't include some of the bestiality stuff for some reason, which should probably be mentioned in the main post. I'm not sure how hard that stuff is to track down, but it'd be nice if it was included here for new users that are interested in that part of the mod. Not everyone keeps a pile of old cmar packages laying around like I do
lady.harlequin Posted May 6 Posted May 6 I first want to say that I appreciate your work in helping update old files for Sims 3 play. But... One of the skins... The body is "dark", but the face is "white", is it supposed to look like that?
FreakyRufus Posted May 8 Posted May 8 (edited) On 5/6/2026 at 12:36 PM, lady.harlequin said: I first want to say that I appreciate your work in helping update old files for Sims 3 play. But... One of the skins... The body is "dark", but the face is "white", is it supposed to look like that? Someone else posted that this was caused by the Buhudain.package file included in this. You don't need that for the rest of this to work. Edit to say that I have now tested this out, and it is true. You can either remove the one that comes with this, or use a different version of Buhudain's "You Are Real" mod. For those who don't know, this is a texture map, or a mod that makes skin on a sim have 3 dimensional details, such as minor bumps, wrinkles, etc. There are alternative versions of this that are both normal resolution, such as the originals from Buhudain, and there are higher resolution versions, such as "You Are Hyperreal". The higher resolution ones will take up a lot more in-game memory, which is limited to just under 3.8 GB of RAM, (unless you are on MacOS using the 64-bit version, maybe). Edited May 8 by FreakyRufus 1
heartqueen23 Posted June 5 Posted June 5 I have some kind of request. I use this eyes from MTS as Default Replacement. Maybe you could use these too for your mod. Thanks for the good work! 1
Jvsmith Posted June 10 Author Posted June 10 What's New in Version 6.1 Minor mesh tweaks. Buhudain's normal map textures have been reduced in size. Thanks to @Clydie for the idea. Adjusted the skin's eye textures. Minor changes to the clothing collection. 3
FreakyRufus Posted June 13 Posted June 13 On 6/5/2026 at 6:41 AM, heartqueen23 said: I have some kind of request. I use this eyes from MTS as Default Replacement. Maybe you could use these too for your mod. Thanks for the good work! I'm not sure about that specific package, but I use simbouquet's reCerberus eye replacement. It just needs to have a higher priority than the packages in this (Jvsmith's enhanced bodies) mod. You can do that either by using a tool like S3MO (Sims 3 Mod Organizer) which will let you arrange conflicting mods by priority; OR you can play the eye replacement into your Overrides, or set up paths with different priorities by editing your Resource.cfg file. 1
elixdude Posted August 23 Posted August 23 (edited) Is it possible for you to fix the dark stain when sculpting ice sim with you body mods? Edited August 23 by elixdude
freeflie Posted September 4 Posted September 4 (edited) On 2/13/2026 at 2:58 PM, FreakyRufus said: Take a look a "Project Landslide". I have not tried this with penises, but I have used it for other non-standard sliders like the ones for breasts (size, shape, etc.), so it should work for penises, also. You will have to figure out what the correct keyword for the slide is, which you should be able to do using S3PE. As a couple of examples, here are the commands that I use to get a "normal distribution" of breast sizes and shapes: slider breastverticalposition setto rand -1 1 add rand -1 1 add rand -1 1 add rand -1 1 mult 0.25 skipset slider breastcleavage setto rand -1 1 add rand -1 1 add rand -1 1 add rand -1 1 mult 0.25 skipset slider breastdepth setto rand -0.5 1 add rand -0.5 1 add rand -0.5 1 add rand -0.5 1 mult 0.25 skipset slider breastfullness setto rand -1 1 add rand -1 1 add rand -1 1 add rand -1 1 mult 0.25 skipset slider breastheight setto rand -1 1 add rand -1 1 add rand -1 1 add rand -1 1 mult 0.25 skipset slider breastscale setto rand -1 1 add rand -1 1 add rand -1 1 add rand -1 1 mult 0.25 skipset slider breast setto rand -1 1 add rand -1 1 add rand -1 1 add rand -1 1 mult 0.25 skipset slider nipplesize setto rand -1 1 add rand -1 1 add rand -1 1 add rand -1 1 mult 0.25 skipset slider nippledepth setto rand 0 1 add rand 0 1 add rand 0 1 add rand 0 1 mult 0.25 skipset And then a different distribution for my active family (the `isselectable` filter): slider breast setto rand 0.1 0.2 add rand 0.1 0.2 add rand 0.1 0.2 add rand 0.1 0.2 mult 0.25 if isSelectable slider breastcleavage setto 0.003 if isSelectable slider breastdepth setto rand 0.05 0.15 add rand 0.05 0.15 add rand 0.05 0.15 add rand 0.05 0.15 mult 0.25 if isSelectable slider breastfullness setto rand -0.2 -0.1 add rand -0.2 -0.1 add rand -0.2 -0.1 add rand -0.2 -0.1 mult 0.25 if isSelectable slider breastscale setto rand 0 0.1 add rand 0 0.1 add rand 0 0.1 add rand 0 0.1 mult 0.25 if isSelectable slider breastverticalposition setto rand -0.15 -0.05 add rand -0.15 -0.05 add rand -0.15 -0.05 add rand -0.15 -0.05 mult 0.25 if isSelectable slider nippledepth setto rand 0.95 1 add rand 0.95 1 add rand 0.95 1 add rand 0.95 1 mult 0.25 if isSelectable slider nipplesize setto rand -0.15 -0.1 add rand -0.15 -0.1 add rand -0.15 -0.1 add rand -0.15 -0.1 mult 0.25 if isSelectable slider breastheight setto rand -0.65 -0.55 add rand -0.65 -0.55 add rand -0.65 -0.55 add rand -0.65 -0.55 mult 0.25 if isSelectable In practice, you'd want to use any special settings (such as the active family) first, and then do the general one after. The `skipset` keyword skips any sims that already have a non-zero value for the slider. Project landslide: https://simlogical.com/ContentUploadsRemote/uploads/2277/ This did the trick, thank you! In case it helps anyone else, these are the commands I used with Project Landslide (applied to all male Sims outside of the active family): slider penisforeskin setto rand 0 1.054688 if isMale if !isSelectable slider penishead setto rand 0 1.816406 if isMale if !isSelectable slider penisthickness setto rand 0.7421875 2.265625 if isMale if !isSelectable slider penislength setto rand 0 2.070312 if isMale if !isSelectable slider testicleheight setto rand 0 2.402344 if isMale if !isSelectable slider testiclesize setto rand 0 1.757812 if isMale if !isSelectable Yes... I like 'em big 😂 Edited September 4 by freeflie
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now