Let's Talk about Food

Today did tamagoyaki (just some eggs rolled on themselves with some cheese inside) with a side of asparagus, and salad of cucumbers, tomatoes, and radish all cut in very small cubes. And some fried rice with just a splash of soy sauce.

Some work and just a delusional result.

Will try better tomorrow.

I never cook anything premade, only from scratch. It may take longer, but it's worth it. My favorite thing to cook is Chicken Quesadillas. I made them for dinner yesterday and my girlfriend, Kalyna, absolutely loved them. I'm going to be making Spaghetti w/ Meatballs tonight.

Hey Grandpa, What's for Supper?

2 hours ago, CPU said:

tamagoyaki with a side of asparagus, and salad of cucumbers, tomatoes, and radish all cut in very small cubes. And some fried rice with just a splash of soy sauce.

Yum, Yum!   ?

EDIT; To all of you who don't know the gentleman pictured below is Grandpa Jones. He played a Character on The Hee Haw Show, that ran in the 1960's and 1970's it was a Country and Western themed show similar to Carol Burnette though not quite as good as The Carol Burnette show.

supper1.jpg    Hee Haw Grandpa Jones hillbilly, country, rockabilly, rock'n'roll, sexy, wild, bop, jump, jive, eindhoven, holland, rambler, cafe GIF  image.jpeg.1fc3f16b758f1db9b58f7f6d29a5571c.jpeg

Edited by Sir Bron
8 hours ago, Sir Bron said:

I think you were hungry when you posted that, I could not eat all that in a week! Sounds good though.

I don't eat like that everyday, but it is nice to throw down and make something extra nice once or twice a week.

And yes, I was hungry - I ended up going and getting myself a steak and some Italian sausage to cook with some spaghetti tonight.

tonight's dinner a Cobb Salad...Salad (two types of lettuce) banana peppers, black and green olives, cucumbers, fried pieces of Chicken breast (Organic) some grated Sharp Cheddar Cheese and a splash of Dressing!

Yum Yum

20jkrs.jpg

Edited by Sir Bron

If any of you like a Good Sharp Cheddar Cheese, maybe with crackers and summer sausage or melted over a nicely cooked neat, grated over a salad etc. here is my Gold Standard, my go to of you will. It comes in standard yellow, but I prefer the Natural, no color added.

https://cabotcreamery.com/

255a0fb63845bd1343aa26fcf592a7fe7e4acc87_1728x.webp

9 minutes ago, Alessia Wellington said:

What's the joke here? Assuming there is one.

I think it is an American thing. If you browse back through the posts I offered an explanation, It was a TV show that ran from 69-71 and this was a skit put on where he would do that bit and say some funny thing and at the end everyone would say Yum Yum!  Hee Haw was the show.

Aaand were both old!  :wacko:

Edited by Sir Bron

Today an italian dish: Genovese.

Onions, a lot of onions. Slowly cooked with pieces of meat (beef and pork) for 5 hours.

Then used as sauce for some pasta.

Should I start to post pictures?

46 minutes ago, CPU said:

Today an italian dish: Genovese.

Onions, a lot of onions. Slowly cooked with pieces of meat (beef and pork) for 5 hours.

Then used as sauce for some pasta.

Should I start to post pictures?

That would be nice but only if you wish to. And that dish sounds Great!

5 minutes ago, Sir Bron said:

That would be nice but only if you wish to. And that dish sounds Great!

I do dishes every day for me and my daughter. Not a big photographer. Too old to use phones.

I will try.

8 minutes ago, CPU said:

I do dishes every day for me and my daughter. Not a big photographer. Too old to use phones.

Food for the Mind, Body & Soul.

It's nice to hear about caring for Daughter and cooking for her.

I don't even own a cell phone, at my age I don't like them.

Don't sweat it if you don't feel like taking Photo's.

2 minutes ago, Sir Bron said:

Food for the Mind, Body & Soul.

It's nice to hear about caring for Daughter and cooking for her.

I don't even own a cell phone, at my age I don't like them.

Don't sweat it if you don't feel like taking Photo's.

Point is: if my daughter cooks then I will die. So better I do it.

I am a not big fan of doing pics on phone. I will try, but no promises.

3 hours ago, Sir Bron said:

If any of you like a Good Sharp Cheddar Cheese, maybe with crackers and summer sausage or melted over a nicely cooked neat, grated over a salad etc. here is my Gold Standard, my go to of you will. It comes in standard yellow, but I prefer the Natural, no color added.

https://cabotcreamery.com/

255a0fb63845bd1343aa26fcf592a7fe7e4acc87_1728x.webp

Have you ever had their Extra Sharp Horseradish???  That is actually one of my favorites, but their regular Extra Sharp is good too.

• 4 months later...

FOOD is already my favorite thing. I prefer simple dishes that goes well with hot white rice. My mom makes this quick dish with fried anchovies, fried onions, fried dried chillies, grind them all together, add a pinch of salt and squeeze lemon juice. Ready to be served hot.