55 minutes ago, manicman96 said:

Getting this tuning error

Not sure why its throwing that error on your side, everything seems to be working fine on my side, and also the tuning and the script is working correctly, I have both MCCC and Better Exception, none of them is showing any error. Just make sure you dont have duplicates of ItsMovieTime also remove localthumbcache.package and avatarcache.package from your Sims4 mods directory, so the game updates its resources (those two files will recreate automatically once you start the game)

• 3 weeks later...

With this versioning you are hopefully confusing everyone, I like this ;)
If you ever update the DVD versions you might consider keeping the script version in sync with the DVD versions, e.g. "v2.8.1" if DVDs "v2.8" are required.

PS: If you really want to look for tuning errors you might want to enable the TS4 vanilla logs. TS4 parses all tunings and will report XML schema error. Such a tuning might not work properly.

34 minutes ago, Oops19 said:

With this versioning you are hopefully confusing everyone, I like this ;)
If you ever update the DVD versions you might consider keeping the script version in sync with the DVD versions, e.g. "v2.8.1" if DVDs "v2.8" are required.

PS: If you really want to look for tuning errors you might want to enable the TS4 vanilla logs. TS4 parses all tunings and will report XML schema error. Such a tuning might not work properly.

Lol, yeah, I hope not :) About the DVDs versioning, I had to do it this way (keep them separate versioning from the main mod), otherwise that would give the champs a wrong idea that they would need to update the DVDs as well, with every major update of the main mod. Anyway, now that the framework is pretty much done, I doubt the DVDs would need need any more updating (v2.4 would be final).

As for the tuning, im using Sims Log Enabler from Scumbumbo, it catches everything as far as i know. And so far so good. Have you noticed any thing?

hello, first off I would like to say I love this mod, and you have done amazing work with it, and I hope to see it grow further. now the reason I am here, is due to an issue I have run into, anytime I try to watch a movie through the movie time menu, any movie I click on to watch, it always plays the party frenzy video game instead of the movie, I'm not sure if this is something on my end, or if its due to the recent update, any help would be greatly appreciated, thank you.

10 minutes ago, TheLewdCrudeDude said:

hello, first off I would like to say I love this mod, and you have done amazing work with it, and I hope to see it grow further. now the reason I am here, is due to an issue I have run into, anytime I try to watch a movie through the movie time menu, any movie I click on to watch, it always plays the party frenzy video game instead of the movie, I'm not sure if this is something on my end, or if its due to the recent update, any help would be greatly appreciated, thank you.

ok, nevermind, I kept trying to figure out the problem, and it seems I had the wrong file, I had the non BG and it wasnt working, so I just downloaded the BG version and tried that and the mod is working yet again, sorry for making a fool of myself, lol, thank you again for making a wonderful mod!

23 minutes ago, TheLewdCrudeDude said:

ok, nevermind, I kept trying to figure out the problem, and it seems I had the wrong file, I had the non BG and it wasnt working, so I just downloaded the BG version and tried that and the mod is working yet again, sorry for making a fool of myself, lol, thank you again for making a wonderful mod!

Hi, no worries, its good its working now. One thing though, the non-BG version should work, if you have the Movie Hangout stuff. The BG version is pretty much a lite version of the full version, without some things like the dvd console, or playing dvds through the video game console. Now because you have the EP03 (the video game console thing) but not the Movie Hangout, it would require me to make another version, to support EP03, but i guess that would make things chaotic lol

4 hours ago, _TANK_ said:

Hi, no worries, its good its working now. One thing though, the non-BG version should work, if you have the Movie Hangout stuff. The BG version is pretty much a lite version of the full version, without some things like the dvd console, or playing dvds through the video game console. Now because you have the EP03 (the video game console thing) but not the Movie Hangout, it would require me to make another version, to support EP03, but i guess that would make things chaotic lol

thats what I had originally thought, maybe it was more due to the fact that I had removed the non BG files and started over, like maybe when I hit to replace the files, it didnt fully override it, and it just needed a fresh start? I will go ahead and try the non BG again and let you know if the issue is the same, or if its fixed

32 minutes ago, TheLewdCrudeDude said:

thats what I had originally thought, maybe it was more due to the fact that I had removed the non BG files and started over, like maybe when I hit to replace the files, it didnt fully override it, and it just needed a fresh start? I will go ahead and try the non BG again and let you know if the issue is the same, or if its fixed

so unfortunately it does seem that the main file wont work for me, it just plays party frenzy everytime, which is weird because I do own the movie hangout pack, and it is installed, so im not sure why i keep getting this issue, but i am totally fine with using the BG version if thats what works for me, so if anyone else happens to run into a similar issue, just try both BG and non BG versions of the mod, though I am fully aware it could be my mods in general, there are more than a few that dont work and conflict, im just too lazy to go through and either update or remove them all, lol

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Bullfye said:

Had a lot of your movies and after updating today none shows up to pick in the menu

Not sure what happened, but please make sure you have no duplicates of ItsMovieTime. Does the menu of ItsMovieTime show up? What about the "Watch a movie..." button? Is there any lastexception generated. Also, delete localthumbcache.package and avatarcache.package from Sims 4 directory, after updating the mod. 

Everything is the same as before with your last version , just updated as you describe over the install instructions, and when got in game to test it, the other movies do not load , thought I downloaded your latest movie and another one that I can not recall the name now , but only show up this last two I have downloaded, the ones I had before do not   what I find weird , it seems like the new version doesn't recon the older installed movies ...didn't tried to redownload all again but maybe they work after redownloading .. don't know yet ...The menu shows up the issue comes when I go to select the movie I want to play and there I just have the last to I downloaded , its Virtual Lust and your latest uploaded movie ,  only this two that I downloaded along side Your mod load in that menu the others do not , and I have around 10 of them installed ..

I have your mod like explained inside its own folder without subfolders... so I don't get what is going on , all the movies are on the same folder as you mod ...

Maybe  its something different in this version of yours .. not sure thought !

I will try to redownload your movies again and check if they work ...

Edited by Bullfye
56 minutes ago, Bullfye said:

Everything is the same as before with your last version , just updated as you describe over the install instructions, and when got in game to test it, the other movies do not load , thought I downloaded your latest movie and another one that I can not recall the name now , but only show up this last two I have downloaded, the ones I had before do not   what I find weird , it seems like the new version doesn't recon the older installed movies ...didn't tried to redownload all again but maybe they work after redownloading .. don't know yet ...The menu shows up the issue comes when I go to select the movie I want to play and there I just have the last to I downloaded , its Virtual Lust and your latest uploaded movie ,  only this two that I downloaded along side Your mod load in that menu the others do not , and I have around 10 of them installed ..

I have your mod like explained inside its own folder without subfolders... so I don't get what is going on , all the movies are on the same folder as you mod ...

Maybe  its something different in this version of yours .. not sure thought !

I will try to redownload your movies again and check if they work ...

Its probably the Movie Premiere holiday. This feature scans all the dvds and checks for the "Premiere" flag. Some of the real movies {maybe 3-4 of them) had this flag pre-configured. The last two, did not have this flag either, so they will show up like normal. If thats the case, these premiere movies will show up in the picker right after the holiday has ended, whether sucessfully or failed. Double check if you have new premiere movie holidays in the calendar, because im guessing thats the case.

1 hour ago, _TANK_ said:

Its probably the Movie Premiere holiday. This feature scans all the dvds and checks for the "Premiere" flag. Some of the real movies {maybe 3-4 of them) had this flag pre-configured. The last two, did not have this flag either, so they will show up like normal. If thats the case, these premiere movies will show up in the picker right after the holiday has ended, whether sucessfully or failed. Double check if you have new premiere movie holidays in the calendar, because im guessing thats the case.

Yes it is that .. just saw it now .. thanks was a little fast but I thought I should report it to you , sorry next time maybe I send you a PM but I thought you should have your mail full cause we both know how people are ??!! LOL

Thanks..

8 hours ago, Bullfye said:

Yes it is that .. just saw it now .. thanks was a little fast but I thought I should report it to you , sorry next time maybe I send you a PM but I thought you should have your mail full cause we both know how people are ??!! LOL

Thanks..

Thanks for letting me know ;)

4 hours ago, Dftyrvtbwer said:

Hello, this mod is very nice! Thank you for let TV play without near sims, by the way i have a question for you to add a fashion channel ! It would be great and can be used in shopping malls or sth like that. Have a great time and thank you once more

Thank you for the feedback and the idea :) I will see to it, and will add a fashion channel and maybe some more.

18 hours ago, Angelus75 said:

Hi @_TANK_ , first love your mod ^^ , but a little bug ...

X movie "london tour" , name appear not london tour but debug lol

Image1.jpg.aa5e2c9305fa3f3510c39783daa0524a.jpg

And these 2 movies are unknow , no tittle and no description ... but movie works

Image2.jpg.e04e7c14ff5d1566683ab6b8922c9f3f.jpg

?

Hi Angelus, 

Yes, i fixed the London tour movie title, i will release an update in a few days, as soon as i have access on my main PC

1 minute ago, Angelus75 said:

Hi @_TANK_ , version 2.9.4 , sorry still the same bug , no london tour appear and still 2 unknows movies but movies work ^^

Hi Angelus, you need to redownload London Tour, as i updated the fixed one last night.

Also, make sure you dont have duplicates of the same movies. As I could see from your recent screenshot, i think the movie "Stepmom Lends A Hand" is the one you are having a problem with, but I just saw the LL SD one is working correctly on my side. Pls make sure you dont have a duplicate of this movie in your Sims 4 Mods directory, because it seems to me that is the case.

Lastly, make sure to delete localthumbcache and avatarcache from your Sims 4, so the game refreshes its resources