Its Movie Time

View File

Want to give your Sims some more stuff to do? Let them watch something new on a computer or the big screen. With each Movie, there comes also also a poster, which you can find in Build-Buy mode. For a better experience, click on the Sim watching the movie and press Shift+Tab to enter first-person mode. This will allow you to watch the movies through your sim's eyes.

NEW MEGA LINK for easier download of all DVDs: https://mega.nz/folder/TRVCkJwC#vV16xx8QfRAuTEBhWyZ_Mw

Once you download "It's Movie Time" mod, don't forget to download any DVDs as well, which are found in the download section (SD-Trailers), or on my Patreon or Ko-fi site

Packs will no longer be a requirement, but rather recommended. For instance, the new Movie Premiere feature, which requires SP05, will be disabled if you don't have SP05 installed.

For more features, please check with PATREON or KO-FI

PATRON-ONLY FEATURES
  • Cinema Business: This is a functional Cinema Business that can be run by you or any NPC.
  • Sims Film Festival: This is a 12h event held in Magnolia Blossom on Mondays. During the  event Sims will be able to watch premiere movies before their general  release, grab some swag, make friends, meet some celebrities, grab a  snack at the food stands, pick up some handy items and fan t-shirts at  the merch stall! Have fun and enjoy the show!
  • Movie Lovers Club: This Club Is For Movie Lovers. Everything About Movies. Get together to watch movies and discuss the hot movies you Sim just saw.

FEATURES
  • Turn On TV: Using this interaction will turn on and lock the TV  on the desired movie. Other sims will not be able to change channels or turn the TV off autonomously.
  • Movie Premiere Holidays (Requires EP05): This feature will scan all the installed Movies and check if any of them contains the "Premiere" tag. For each Movie found, it will create a custom Movie Premiere holiday in your Sim's calendar. During the  holiday, the sim will be able to watch the premiere movie, and earn aspiration points.
  • Movie Night Event: You can create Movie Night events in your calendar and invite other sims  to watch movies. The main goal is to have Sims watch a Movie, but there  are also minor goals, in order to reach the Golden Reward. During the  event, the sims will be able to talk about the event, like bragging,  complaining, etc. Being social during the event also helps with reaching  the Golden Reward. After the event ends (successfully), the sim gets a  reward in their build-buy inventory.
  • Invite to Watch a Movie: Your sim will be able to invite other Sims to watch a movie with, but  he/she will also get random invitations from other sims to go watch a  movie at their place. After the event ends (successfully), the sim gets a  reward in their build-buy inventory. You can use this feature either by  using the Sim's phone or by clicking on any of the sims in your Sim  Relationship Panel.
  • Movie Gender Preferences: Sims will discover whether they like a particular movie genre or not,  after watching a movie. If they like or dislike that movie genre, they  will also be able to discuss it with other sims who like or dislike the  same genre. They will get a bad mood-let and their fun level will drop if they watch a movie genre they don't like. Each preference is configurable in Create-A-Sim mode too.
  • Settings Menu: Players will be able to disable specific features from the mod, or configure them to their needs.

MOVIE LINKS

INSTALLATION

Download any or all the movies in the download section and extract their content into your Sims 4 mods directory (typically  C:\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Mods).

UPDATING

Same as installing, but when asked to override existing files, press Yes.

PS: Zipped files come with a structured folder and sub-folders, to make installation easier and to avoid creating duplicates. If you copy TanksMods from the zip file and paste it in your Sims 4 Mods directory, it will automatically create the main directory (TanksMods) and its sub-folders (DVDs) for you or overwrite your existing ItsMovieTime mod or movies for you (when updating)

Remember to delete localthumbcache.package and avatarcache.package in your Sims 4 directory after updating mods.

COMPATIBILITY
Game version 1.105.345

REQUIREMENTS

• Movies

TRANSLATIONS

Like my work and want to support it?

DC4gjLRUMAAyQ92.jpg.6cc22c512ed05f25a9b2846a65fe201b.jpg               supportme_red402x.thumb.png.3ce78cfc7e05f0bd73eb1d4b6ff32ace.png               Support Server on Discord

• Submitter
  • Submitted
    03/26/2023
  • Category
  • Requires
    Movies

I downoaded XXX_LaraCroft_IslandOfTheSacredBeasts_DVD_SD_v1.2.rar and it's something wrong with LaraCroft_IslandOfTheSacredBeasts_XXX.package file. when i try watch this movie i see this:

sims4.png.a30dc2b5c765ef9a64e9fecda00efa28.png

It's sport chanel movie or what?

EDIT:

And when my sims watch this movie i can't turn off your dvd player.

Edited by ATIMKOS
new info
  • 2 weeks later...
On 4/3/2023 at 1:38 PM, ATIMKOS said:

I downoaded XXX_LaraCroft_IslandOfTheSacredBeasts_DVD_SD_v1.2.rar and it's something wrong with LaraCroft_IslandOfTheSacredBeasts_XXX.package file. when i try watch this movie i see this:

sims4.png.a30dc2b5c765ef9a64e9fecda00efa28.png

It's sport chanel movie or what?

EDIT:

And when my sims watch this movie i can't turn off your dvd player.

Hi, sorry the late reply, im still trying to figure out how this forum works, and since i didnt check the Follow Topic, i didnt receive any notification from you.

the videogame clip is just there, for a fraction of time, and it should start the video right after. This was to prevent other sims from taking over the tv while your sim is watching (tv goes in lock down mode if videogame channel is running while the dvd is running, that is EA way to check if the tv is busy or not). Anyway, there are some big changes with the new version, which will be ready to download shortly, as im still working on it. This new version has another approach to this "issue".

I found new errors. Some movies don't have name like this:

image.png.cc5a81b0ba55c794dabffb80608172f3.png

And when i click on tv and choose "Its movie time" and no name movie nothing happen but when i click on dvd player and choose "Its movie time" and no name movie i can watch it. Also no name movies working on pc.

50 minutes ago, ATIMKOS said:

Hide contents

And when i click on tv and choose "Its movie time" and no name movie nothing happen but when i click on dvd player and choose "Its movie time" and no name movie i can watch it. Also no name movies working on pc.

Which movie is it? You can read the name once the movie starts. It can be a missing string, if your game is not in english. Also, make sure to update the dvds as well, as the old versions are outdated.

Best, join my discord https://discord.gg/5UxZHjzR, so i can properly support you there.

1 hour ago, ATIMKOS said:

Reveal hidden contents

By the way, i might be wrong, but i see all your sims are hairless and nude. If thats not on purpose, it means the game didnt load the mods properly. Try reloading the game, but first delete localthumbcache.package file.

14 hours ago, _TANK_ said:

Which movie is it? You can read the name once the movie starts. It can be a missing string, if your game is not in english. Also, make sure to update the dvds as well, as the old versions are outdated.

Best, join my discord https://discord.gg/5UxZHjzR, so i can properly support you there.

13 hours ago, _TANK_ said:

By the way, i might be wrong, but i see all your sims are hairless and nude. If thats not on purpose, it means the game didnt load the mods properly. Try reloading the game, but first delete localthumbcache.package file.

I have this error with Lara Croft Island Of The Sacred Beasts and my sims look like that becouse i remove other mods and just left your.

37 minutes ago, ATIMKOS said:

I have this error with Lara Croft Island Of The Sacred Beasts and my sims look like that becouse i remove other mods and just left your.

Yeah i see the Watch DVD title string is missing for other languages. Ill fix that asap.

having an issue where no matter what I do it tells me i cant play anything because i need to move the dvd player closer, i've done everything, down to move object cheat and cant get it to work, it just stays greyed out. 

2 hours ago, cd666 said:

having an issue where no matter what I do it tells me i cant play anything because i need to move the dvd player closer, i've done everything, down to move object cheat and cant get it to work, it just stays greyed out. 

Is there another video game console nearby? TVs can only connect to one console at a time. If thats not the case, please send some screenshot of the files in mods folder, where Its Movie Time file is. 

Let me know

This mod is wack af. It started out alright. Holding the quality behind patreon is meh whatever. I get it you did a lil bit of computer workie. now you wanna get paid. Most people make mods on here for free and fun. but whatever it is your choice. HOWEVER. the update does not work. I cannot "buy upgrade parts for my TV" as there is no option on the computer. Neither will the DVD player do anything anymore. removing and unfollowing the thread. Sorry but there are 3 or 4 other "video" mods for sims that work flawlessly for free. Unfollowing for this one. 

This mod is wack af. It started out alright. Holding the quality behind patreon is meh whatever. I get it you did a lil bit of computer workie. now you wanna get paid. Most people make mods on here for free and fun. but whatever it is your choice. HOWEVER. the update does not work. I cannot "buy upgrade parts for my TV" as there is no option on the computer. Neither will the DVD player do anything anymore. removing and unfollowing the thread. Sorry but there are 3 or 4 other "video" mods for sims that work flawlessly for free. Unfollowing for this one. 

**edit: it's also kind of screwed up you're charging on patreon for a mod that host other animators work. It would be one thing if you were the animator of the videos and that's why you were charging. 

21 minutes ago, l0ngdickj0hns0n said:

**edit: it's also kind of screwed up you're charging on patreon for a mod that host other animators work. It would be one thing if you were the animator of the videos and that's why you were charging. 

Sorry to see you go away like that mate. And no, its not a lil bit of computer workie. And no, i dont sell my mod. My mod is for free. You can enjoy its features for free. Patreon is just there to support me so i can continue to make it better. Nevertheless, i never said animations are mine so im not taking credit for that. Actually you can find them in HD quality all over the internet. All I did was to create this mod to bring them to game. If you are not happy with that, i dont know what to say. As for the mod itself, im happy to support you, and thats free of charge.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/18/2023 at 8:49 PM, l0ngdickj0hns0n said:

just making a complicated mod that asks for $ to get full quality while there is other mods out that are free delivering the same situations. I get you spent time but its just not doin it for me mate. 

Yes i have to agree on this one too poor qulity gets no where at least release one or two which are full quality so we can see if its worth pursuing as l0ngdickj0hns0n said there are free alternatives tell me why i should bother, i appresciate the work put in but you have big competition.

On 4/29/2023 at 12:07 AM, johnpage said:

Yes i have to agree on this one too poor qulity gets no where at least release one or two which are full quality so we can see if its worth pursuing as l0ngdickj0hns0n said there are free alternatives tell me why i should bother, i appresciate the work put in but you have big competition.

I will release DVDs in HD format from the existing HD DVDs collection available to Patreon users (max 2 HD DVDs per month) and upload them here. Make sure to overwrite the existing SD DVD title you already have in your Sims 4 mods directory.

Right now the upload function on LL isnt working, but ill try again later. Meantime, you can use the post on Patreon to download non-XXX HD media available to public access. https://www.patreon.com/posts/its-movie-time-80363451 (already released Ice Age in HD quality there)

10 hours ago, _TANK_ said:

I will release DVDs in HD format from the existing HD DVDs collection available to Patreon users (max 2 HD DVDs per month) and upload them here. Make sure to overwrite the existing SD DVD title you already have in your Sims 4 mods directory.

Right now the upload function on LL isnt working, but ill try again later. Meantime, you can use the post on Patreon to download non-XXX HD media available to public access. https://www.patreon.com/posts/its-movie-time-80363451 (already released Ice Age in HD quality there)

I look forward to trying it out. thank you.

• 2 weeks later...