Demonic Creatures - Mod Version V1.8 -> Patch v1.81

11 hours ago, harryscrowtem said:

@Thor2000 I gotta bug you again, sorry ? I'm using these  New Hagraven and Glenmoril Witch at Skyrim Special Edition Nexus - Mods and Community (nexusmods.com) - Falmer Overhaul - New models and textures at Skyrim Special Edition Nexus - Mods and Community (nexusmods.com) as retextures/replacers, would they be compatible with with your mod or would it ruin something? i know you told me to look into wyre bash, but it wont work with the newest ae version im on (if i read it correctly) 

well... if new creature textures overwrites the vanilla textures, then it will look weird unless you do some modding work with nifscope. If these new textures doesn't overwrite any vanilla stuff it shouldn't be a problem.

Edited by Thor2000
11 hours ago, Thor2000 said:

well... if new creature textures overwrites the vanilla textures, then it will look weird unless you do some modding work with nifscope. If these new textures doesn't overwrite any vanilla stuff it shouldn't be a problem.

thanks for the feedback, yeah nifscope is way above my intelligence, I'm lucky to even to able to install mods properly most of the time!? ill keep an eye out and if the creatures don't look right, ill remove them and stick with yours ?

Demonic Creatures 1.7 + SkyTEST Redux 2022 + Seasonal Wildlife  - Compatibility Patch

Patches I made to make them work together and fix the leveled-list problems since the old ones from an another author wasn't working anymore. It's my poor and little contribution for Demonic Creatures. Everything works without any problem. I don't use them anymore because Demonic Creatures fulfill what I wanted and because SkyTEST has low-res creatures for my Skyrim.

Warning : Theses patches merge the creatures of the three mods into the specific level-list, but they don't give you more creature (because we still have the same spawn rate). You will only be able to see all the creatures in these mods. But that means that you will lower the probability of seeing a specific one. If you don't want that, you can remove SkyTEST and keep the specific patch for Demonic Creature + Seasonal Wildlife.

- Install Demonic Creatures 1.7.2 + Patch Fix v1.72 + 2K Textures pack (obviously !) : https://www.loverslab.com/files/file/26322-demonic-creatures-mod-version-v17-patch-v172/

- SkyTEST Redux 2022 : https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/75983?tab=files
- SkyTEST Rabbits : https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/36093
- SkyTEST Puppies Patch : https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/30334

- Seasonal Wildlife : https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/63700?tab=files
- Patch for Seasonal Wildlife and SkyTEST Redux + SkyTEST Redux Vanilla and DLC Creature Extension : https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/77721?tab=files

- Install the attached patches

Load Order : https://i.imgur.com/oxLA22j.png

Since I did it on purpose for Demonic Creatures, I'm sharing it here but if Thor doesn't want it, I'll delete it of course.

SWSTDC_Patches.zip

Edited by agrumiel
5 hours ago, agrumiel said:

Demonic Creatures 1.7 + SkyTEST Redux 2022 + Seasonal Wildlife  - Compatibility Patch

Patches I made to make them work together and fix the leveled-list problems since the old ones from an another author wasn't working anymore. It's my poor and little contribution for Demonic Creatures. Everything works without any problem. I don't use them anymore because Demonic Creatures fulfill what I wanted and because SkyTEST has low-res creatures for my Skyrim.

Warning : Theses patches merge the creatures of the three mods into the specific level-list, but they don't give you more creature (because we still have the same spawn rate). You will only be able to see all the creatures in these mods. But that means that you will lower the probability of seeing a specific one. If you don't want that, you can remove SkyTEST and keep the specific patch for Demonic Creature + Seasonal Wildlife.

- Install Demonic Creatures 1.7.2 + Patch Fix v1.72 + 2K Textures pack (obviously !) : https://www.loverslab.com/files/file/26322-demonic-creatures-mod-version-v17-patch-v172/

- SkyTEST Redux 2022 : https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/75983?tab=files
- SkyTEST Rabbits : https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/36093
- SkyTEST Puppies Patch : https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/30334

- Seasonal Wildlife : https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/63700?tab=files
- Patch for Seasonal Wildlife and SkyTEST Redux + SkyTEST Redux Vanilla and DLC Creature Extension : https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/77721?tab=files

- Install the attached patches

Load Order : https://i.imgur.com/oxLA22j.png

Since I did it on purpose for Demonic Creatures, I'm sharing it here but if Thor doesn't want it, I'll delete it of course.

SWSTDC_Patches.zip 5.73 kB · 0 downloads

I don't mind having it here. My only comment is this one: https://www.loverslab.com/files/file/22550-demonic-creatures-and-seasonal-wildlife-distribution-and-skytest-patches-le-se/

I'm pretty sure it ain't updated for v1.7 though. Looks like Lyyli hasn't been visually active since last summer. So I guess I'll put a link to this post on the frontpage :)

1 hour ago, Thor2000 said:

I don't mind having it here. My only comment is this one: https://www.loverslab.com/files/file/22550-demonic-creatures-and-seasonal-wildlife-distribution-and-skytest-patches-le-se/

I'm pretty sure it ain't updated for v1.7 though. Looks like Lyyli hasn't been visually active since last summer. So I guess I'll put a link to this post on the frontpage :)

Yep, that's why I redid them to be sure. I didn't test on the LE version though, since I only know the 1.5.97!

Also, I'll take this opportunity to tell you that I play with Genesis for SE (https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/23871), the SE version seems to be more updated than the LE one and I haven't encountered any CTD or problems. I have to play longer but no problem, it works great with your mod!

And a one last thing, your very cool goblin village mod doesn't seem to work on my modlist. When I enable it, I got an eternal loading to the main screen so no crashlog. I saw that you were playing on the LE version, maybe there is a conversion problem?

I say it again, but thank you for everything :')

On 5/19/2023 at 9:49 AM, Thor2000 said:

?... almost worth downloading the Immersive citizen mod alone.

Could it be that Immersive citizens adds additional AI and dialogue based on faction? If so then I could see if I can find another faction to this lion.

How about the other panthers residing with the jarls? Plus the college dusk panther, and Hert's ghoul pet at the mill. Do they too have this behaviour?

i don't use immersive citizens (i do use Relationship dialogue overhaul though) decided to pay the talking mountain lion a visit when i was passing nearby and to my surprise he was indeed very talkative ?, just the subtitles though, audio was just playing the regular beast sfx, it may be a bug (or a feature lol)  but it's still hilarious, wish i could have him as a follower

EDIT :  And to anyone still hesitating about using this mod, about 20 min after my encounter with the talking mountain lion i resumed my quest wich was to brought the head of the bandit chief in stony creek cave, same old lame vanilla bounty quest (with the excellent headhunter mod from jayserpa in my LO), killed the 3 sentinels in the riverbed and was about to sneak my way toward the bandit chief when suddendly the bandit mining sounds further ahead stopped and i could hear someone dying, few seconds later a couple of falmers and a thri-kreen warrior emerge from the tunnel and i literally shit my pants, i use a mod that make poison almost a death sentence, and my poor old level 5 bad ass had only one choice, run away or become a plaything for these underdark denizens.

Love the mod, it's so good, thx Thor

Edited by erynyes
6 hours ago, agrumiel said:

Yep, that's why I redid them to be sure. I didn't test on the LE version though, since I only know the 1.5.97!

Also, I'll take this opportunity to tell you that I play with Genesis for SE (https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/23871), the SE version seems to be more updated than the LE one and I haven't encountered any CTD or problems. I have to play longer but no problem, it works great with your mod!

And a one last thing, your very cool goblin village mod doesn't seem to work on my modlist. When I enable it, I got an eternal loading to the main screen so no crashlog. I saw that you were playing on the LE version, maybe there is a conversion problem?

I say it again, but thank you for everything :')

I still haven't got around myself fixing this eternal loading stuff. Do you use CK? I know that I didn't convert the esp. It's still form id 43. I didn't thought it matters.

Also, does the village esp has it's master intact? I'm going to check with the LE people hows it going there.

2 hours ago, erynyes said:

i don't use immersive citizens (i do use Relationship dialogue overhaul though) decided to pay the talking mountain lion a visit when i was passing nearby and to my surprise he was indeed very talkative ?, just the subtitles though, audio was just playing the regular beast sfx, it may be a bug (or a feature lol)  but it's still hilarious, wish i could have him as a follower

I've changed his faction now, but haven't tested it. I did try to make one of these a follower a couple of months ago. It didn't go well. I couldn't get the scripts to work. I could make a similar feature as the bjaergtroll, but you wouldn't be able to command him.

I too use the relationship dislogue mod, but not for long. Can't actually remember if I've encountered this lion after the mod install.

2 hours ago, erynyes said:

suddendly the bandit mining sounds further ahead stopped and i could hear someone dying, few seconds later a couple of falmers and a thri-kreen warrior emerge from the tunnel and i literally shit my pants, 

?

59 minutes ago, Thor2000 said:

I still haven't got around myself fixing this eternal loading stuff. Do you use CK? I know that I didn't convert the esp. It's still form id 43. I didn't thought it matters.

Also, does the village esp has it's master intact? I'm going to check with the LE people hows it going there.

for what it's worth, MO2 doesn't give me any form 43 warning from the goblin village mod, manual install require to set another data file as directory, looks like a an issue with the files structure, don't have any warnings about missing masters either

Edited by erynyes
1 hour ago, erynyes said:

don't have any warnings about missing masters either

but that could be the error here. I just downloaded the SE version and opening it up in tes5edit don't automatically tick of demoniccreatures as master. I'm pretty sure that is the reason of the loading screen.

edit: This is strange. I'd expect the LE version to have the same missing flag. But it didn't. It loads up demoniccreatures.esp in tes5edit as well.

I'm wondering if I lost the esm flag on the SE version when someone converted it in CK to get that form id 44 for me. I've experienced that myself if I try open the goblinvillage esp in CK. If I don't untick the esm flag in tes5edit first, I'll destroy all links between demoniccreatures.esp and the village esp in CK..

edit2: I admit there are things about masters and CK I don't fully understand. Guess I need a course here ?

Try replacing the goblinvillage esp with this one (others: this is ONLY the esp. Not the complete mod):

DemonicCreaturesGoblinCity.esp

Edited by Thor2000
26 minutes ago, Thor2000 said:

but that could be the error here. I just downloaded the SE version and opening it up in tes5edit don't automatically tick of demoniccreatures as master. I'm pretty sure that is the reason of the loading screen.

edit: This is strange. I'd expect the LE version to have the same missing flag. But it didn't. It loads up demoniccreatures.esp in tes5edit as well.

I'm wondering if I lost the esm flag on the SE version when someone converted it in CK to get that form id 44 for me. I've experienced that myself if I try open the goblinvillage esp in CK. If I don't untick the esm flag in tes5edit first, I'll destroy all links between demoniccreatures.esp and the village esp in CK..

edit2: I admit there are things about masters and CK I don't fully understand. Guess I need a course here ?

Try replacing the goblinvillage esp with this one (others: this is ONLY the esp. Not the complete mod):

DemonicCreaturesGoblinCity.esp 432.2 kB · 0 downloads

it works, i was able to load, on an existing playthrough i went to the goblin village and got the whole village aggro then my games crashed, will have to test it again, my LO is pretty stable, i never ctd usually, it's really late, i'll test it again tomorrow, gotta sleep.

I went again and didn't crash  this time (maybe using it on a new game will make it more stable, i've added it mid playthrough).  Village looks really cool and is really crowded, but the walls and gate opening facing the fort are not level with the ground, they are kinda floating above ground, same with a few tents in the courtyard, the back of the village against the cliff seems ok. I'm not using other mod that edit this location that i know of, just regular landscape texture.  Can someone else take a look to see if they experience the same

EDIT : Ok tried again on a new game this time, using free cam and more informative console, nothing seems to conflict with any of the structure according to the console, the whole village is a floating above ground, i dunno if your mod is suppose to add a ground to make it all level, but i guess it  does as i see floating spike and a body where it's must be a pit. Anyway that ground landscape is missing

Spoiler

ScreenShot11.png.92e2b9b1b56179f570b889dd9ca830bf.png

Spoiler

ScreenShot12.png.ebc0a346fd0e9ac527d8352be74680e4.png

Edited by erynyes
14 hours ago, erynyes said:

I went again and didn't crash  this time (maybe using it on a new game will make it more stable, i've added it mid playthrough).  Village looks really cool and is really crowded, but the walls and gate opening facing the fort are not level with the ground, they are kinda floating above ground, same with a few tents in the courtyard, the back of the village against the cliff seems ok. I'm not using other mod that edit this location that i know of, just regular landscape texture.  Can someone else take a look to see if they experience the same

EDIT : Ok tried again on a new game this time, using free cam and more informative console, nothing seems to conflict with any of the structure according to the console, the whole village is a floating above ground, i dunno if your mod is suppose to add a ground to make it all level, but i guess it  does as i see floating spike and a body where it's must be a pit. Anyway that ground landscape is missing

Reveal hidden contents

ScreenShot11.png.92e2b9b1b56179f570b889dd9ca830bf.png

Reveal hidden contents

ScreenShot12.png.ebc0a346fd0e9ac527d8352be74680e4.png

Is the ground missing or it just all structure parts leveled upwards? Could you show me a picture of the front walls and door too?

dunno if you put a ground when you created it, but the more i look at it, just seemed that all the structures are leveled upward, sorry for the poor quality screenshots, i just quickly took some when i was looking at it, heres a few more

Spoiler

ScreenShot13.png.f44a7d4fae094f5d26bfa5e6349cfb97.png

Spoiler

ScreenShot14.png.61cfdf37d437468019d312f594f76721.png

Edited by erynyes
4 hours ago, erynyes said:

dunno if you put a ground when you created it,

Nope. I just put the structures directly onto the vanilla ground. I do use Tropical Skyrim which alters everything, but it doesn't change grounds. Nevertheless that mod isn't active in Creation kit when I built the city. Only Skyrim.esm is.

For now I have no clue why it is like this. Hoping to get more reports of the same issue.

Edited by Thor2000
9 minutes ago, Bigglsby said:

I'm in my never-ending loop of playing with my load order.  I'll throw this in and see if it's any different on my end.

after installing the files from the patreon, replace the esp within this post:

https://www.loverslab.com/topic/207746-demonic-creatures-mod-version-v17-patch-v172/?do=findComment&comment=4089576

Otherwise you get an infinite loading screen.

Confirmed on the ground level offset.  I put it low to make sure it had priority over anything else (just after bash, before dyndolod outputs).  Possible that there was a ground level change in that spot between LE and SE..?  It does seem to be limited to the center bowl area of the compound.  Not on the outside wall, nor on the outer area of the camp/tent area.

Spoiler

enb2023_5_25_06_37_26.jpg.2002f6cd23664ffdb6d102e1d9ed09a8.jpg

Spoiler

enb2023_5_25_06_37_41.jpg.2f59b73c832eeb20141962cad5589c70.jpg

Spoiler

enb2023_5_25_06_37_52.jpg.c03ecadfaf5191ee343ff2b732db27ff.jpg

Spoiler

enb2023_5_25_06_38_13.jpg.4753bcbf8472d2bf09a450174fbc402e.jpg

Spoiler

enb2023_5_25_06_38_29.jpg.5cc11538f6b7dfc2f3ddf5698a3784d0.jpg

Spoiler

enb2023_5_25_06_39_24.jpg.b782badf75852e28ae9406f157ed54b1.jpg

Spoiler

enb2023_5_25_06_39_35.jpg.ecb705cb806719509b3e3c4ab2294ff1.jpg

Spoiler

enb2023_5_25_06_39_51.jpg.51f895035642bc0d8ab07495ffb93546.jpg

I tried to get good representative images.  The last image with the tree doesn't show it well, but the tree IS also floating offset.  It appears limited to placed objects, not terrain/rocks.  So it really could be a difference between LE/SE location ground levels....?

46 minutes ago, Bigglsby said:

I tried to get good representative images.  The last image with the tree doesn't show it well, but the tree IS also floating offset.  It appears limited to placed objects, not terrain/rocks.  So it really could be a difference between LE/SE location ground levels....?

No idea. I bet manually fixing it in ck would solve it. Preferably on a SE version. It's my first mod placing things in the world so I may have screwed up somewhere too. Waiting for the Le people to report back :)

5 minutes ago, Thor2000 said:

No idea. I bet manually fixing it in ck would solve it. Preferably on a SE version. It's my first mod placing things in the world so I may have screwed up somewhere too. Waiting for the Le people to report back :)

I do want to say though, from the limited poking around I did there, it looks like it would be a great addition.  I like the idea of having a large camp to tackle/get tackled by.  Prisoner rescue or be captured..? 

Not sure if it's in the scope of what you want to get into, but a possible link-up with Simple Slavery or the like, to be captured and held at the camp? 

Even just as a location add-on, I think once it's ironed out a bit, it'll definitely get added to my list.  :)

fixed my own problem as of now , 1.62 SMP patch was needed (found on page 5 ) , then i ran in to another problem with SLdefeat not surrendering  which i fixed by 1) In the Defeat General Settings, click the Reconfigure option (right column, middle-ish) 5secs to complete).  Sometimes is Defeat is configured before Sexlab Creatures is enabled it can lead to issues. 2)Under Player as victim tab, then assault by creature section (right column, near the bottom) you should see a "List of enabled races     CLICK" click that.  If there is something in that list, it's not an enable race (wolf/dog/draugr/etc)  this is a really good mod just a little difficult on set up but i feel it is worth it 

2 hours ago, toddhardesty said:

fixed my own problem as of now , 1.62 SMP patch was needed (found on page 5 ) , then i ran in to another problem with SLdefeat not surrendering  which i fixed by 1) In the Defeat General Settings, click the Reconfigure option (right column, middle-ish) 5secs to complete).  Sometimes is Defeat is configured before Sexlab Creatures is enabled it can lead to issues. 2)Under Player as victim tab, then assault by creature section (right column, near the bottom) you should see a "List of enabled races     CLICK" click that.  If there is something in that list, it's not an enable race (wolf/dog/draugr/etc)  this is a really good mod just a little difficult on set up but i feel it is worth it 

As a general rule, Defeat should always be the last mod that gets enabled and set up on a fresh game.  Can help avoid those "reconfigure" scenarios where other mods aren't ready when it ties in.

11 hours ago, tazisname said:

How much of a conflict is the conflict with interesting NPC's? is it pretty minor?

Very little. Basically the wispmother in whiterun jail underground. She fights with the zekes after you try to escape the jail.

might be onto some thing monster facial animations mod may not be compatible , testing on account of vanilla werewolf face and eye glitch and interaction causes crash and also werebears has no head when not aroused , need to further test to be conclusive in my statement ...

after uninstalling monster facial animations mod and   , the werewolf face and eye glitching and crashing stopped. werebears head fixed as well  also old daedroth summon as it uses werewolf race thus the hunger npc should be fixed as well for same reason  i honestly hope this helps anyone who

runs in to this problem ?

Edited by toddhardesty
add words