Demonic Creatures - Mod Version V1.8 -> Patch v1.81

10 hours ago, RoninDog said:

I ran into another issue. After updating from v1.7 the grummites are invisible. I haven't tested with other creatures yet, so I don't know the extent of the issue.

I can't find anything wrong with the download. Are all of them invisible?

Minotaur progress:

Going better than expected. I found a beautiful model with CC license (which I now struggle to find the original creator of). Way too big for Skyrim with over one million vertices. But after some edits I brought it down to 25 000 without too much errors. I'll reduce it even further and aim for 10 -18 000 vertices fully armored.

There's still plenty of work to do. No textures exist. Everything must be made from scratch but it's actually kind of fun. And for the look of the model: It's pretty bad ass if you ask me. It got that human male body I'm looking for and that evil and brutal face look. I need to create a new set of horns since the ones that came with the model was a bit antelope like. Besides the model uses human feet, and I want hooves!

mesh3.png

mesh2.png

mesh1.png

13 hours ago, Thor2000 said:

Minotaur progress:

Going better than expected. I found a beautiful model with CC license (which I now struggle to find the original creator of). Way too big for Skyrim with over one million vertices. But after some edits I brought it down to 25 000 without too much errors. I'll reduce it even further and aim for 10 -18 000 vertices fully armored.

There's still plenty of work to do. No textures exist. Everything must be made from scratch but it's actually kind of fun. And for the look of the model: It's pretty bad ass if you ask me. It got that human male body I'm looking for and that evil and brutal face look. I need to create a new set of horns since the ones that came with the model was a bit antelope like. Besides the model uses human feet, and I w

You gotta give him a do and a goatee. Sophisticated mean look.

Edited by BigOnes69
15 hours ago, Thor2000 said:

Minotaur progress:

There's still plenty of work to do. No textures exist. Everything must be made from scratch but it's actually kind of fun. And for the look of the model: It's pretty bad ass if you ask me. It got that human male body I'm looking for and that evil and brutal face look. I need to create a new set of horns since the ones that came with the model was a bit antelope like. Besides the model uses human feet, and I want hooves!

mesh3.png

mesh2.png

mesh1.png

Finally we'll get the legendary minotaur, and looks good too. Tell me if you need any help with the horns, hooves, or anything else in blender. I know the program quite well.

Here's a little tip. Go to https://sketchfab.com/search?q=horn&type=models and download a horn model. Then you can use mirror modifier to create a mirrored duplicate. But first tick downloadable and under licences select everything but standard and editorial to get the free models. Same with the hooves.

Edited by RoninDog
On 4/29/2024 at 7:53 PM, Thor2000 said:

Hmm... That's weird. I'm going to look one more time.

Don't worry about it. I noticed I had forgotten to remove the 1.74 patch, because it wasn't named "Demonic Creatues" and didn't show up in my search.

22 hours ago, BigOnes69 said:

You gotta give him a do and a goatee. Sophisticated mean look.

Good idea and some hair on his tail too.

20 hours ago, RoninDog said:

Finally we'll get the legendary minotaur, and looks good too. Tell me if you need any help with the horns, hooves, or anything else in blender. I know the program quite well.

Here's a little tip. Go to https://sketchfab.com/search?q=horn&type=models and download a horn model. Then you can use mirror modifier to create a mirrored duplicate. But first tick downloadable and under licences select everything but standard and editorial to get the free models. Same with the hooves.

Thanks for offering help 😀

I'm a user at all known 3d model  sharing sites already. It's a fantastic cause we so much time on this. Specially if it comes with textures. That's what takes most time for me.

Pretty cool mod. Been having an issue tho. None of the "AkRace" (for example, the dwarvern ripper spriggan-like enemy) seem to be able to activate animations. Already re-started creature framework and started a new game to test, but nothing i did seem to be able to make them work

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, hgjhjhjkl said:

I think this is a left-over from being developed originally on LE.  The worldspace water records are different from other SE developed mods.

Quick fix - but might not catch everything, run a bashed patch.  Generally it will catch a lot of these and bias towards where it should be. 

Better fix - SSE edit and go through the worldspace entries, and patch them or edit in the ESP itself.

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.00ea303b7c76a521841cda56095b879c.png

If you have one of those entries as the last record, you will have the patchwork look you're seeing.  In SSE edit, you can just click and drag the correct value from the mod next to DemonicCreatures.esp.  In this case, drag and drop "RiverWaterFlow" onto "CreekWaterFlowSW".  It will take some time to go through the worldspace records (far left), and look for where it is inconsistent.  But it'll look right when all done.

In my case above, I have several other mods that are overwriting the discrepancy, so I haven't had to adjust in most/any cases. 

Hope that helps, and good luck.

Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, Bigglsby said:

I think this is a left-over from being developed originally on LE.  The worldspace water records are different from other SE developed mods.

Quick fix - but might not catch everything, run a bashed patch.  Generally it will catch a lot of these and bias towards where it should be. 

Better fix - SSE edit and go through the worldspace entries, and patch them or edit in the ESP itself.

Hide contents

image.thumb.png.00ea303b7c76a521841cda56095b879c.png

If you have one of those entries as the last record, you will have the patchwork look you're seeing.  In SSE edit, you can just click and drag the correct value from the mod next to DemonicCreatures.esp.  In this case, drag and drop "RiverWaterFlow" onto "CreekWaterFlowSW".  It will take some time to go through the worldspace records (far left), and look for where it is inconsistent.  But it'll look right when all done.

In my case above, I have several other mods that are overwriting the discrepancy, so I haven't had to adjust in most/any cases. 

Hope that helps, and good luck.

Use website translation, I will give it a try! Thanks for the answer, it turned out to be a transplant problem

Big thanks! FIX!!!!!!!! i love you, Bigglsby

Edited by hgjhjhjkl
48 minutes ago, alextraszas said:

I love this mod, can someone recommend textures to improve the vanilla ones?

The front mod page has a drop-down list with recommended textures for many vanilla creatures.  If you continue to look beyond that list, be sure that what you install is limited to textures, and not mesh/skeleton changes (which will likely cause you issues).

• 2 weeks later...

Just something I noticed playing with the creatures in my setup:

Ogrimlord from 4thUnknown is floating a bit above ground. His penis placement is a bit too high where the stomach is. It looks OK in nifskope though. Perhaps the giant skeleton sags the mesh down when placing the actor in game and the penis stays at the same height. Since its feet doesn't touch the ground perhaps making the Ogrimlord a bit bigger? 

Ogre from vilruska_ogr penis has the same height problem as 4thUnknown's Ogrimlord but his feet are firmly on the ground so I don't know what to suggest.

Nekker from Gendundrup penis does not appear to move with the body. Nekker moves up and down in standing idle but penis is fixed in the same height not moving with the body.

So happy to see drowners in Skyrim properly "equipped".

On 4/30/2024 at 4:00 AM, Thor2000 said:

Minotaur progress:

mesh3.png

mesh2.png

mesh1.png

niiiiiice, have you decided what skeleton as of yet?

21 hours ago, 31971207 said:

Ogrimlord from 4thUnknown is floating a bit above ground. His penis placement is a bit too high where the stomach is. It looks OK in nifskope though. Perhaps the giant skeleton sags the mesh down when placing the actor in game and the penis stays at the same height. Since its feet doesn't touch the ground perhaps making the Ogrimlord a bit bigger?

Picture plz.

Ogre from vilruska_ogr penis has the same height problem as 4thUnknown's Ogrimlord but his feet are firmly on the ground so I don't know what to suggest.

Not sure what you mean? the ogre is a giant, but smaller in size so no animations fit 100%. Maybe a picture here as well would help describe the cause.'

Nekker from Gendundrup penis does not appear to move with the body. Nekker moves up and down in standing idle but penis is fixed in the same height not moving with the body.

Sounds like the floating dick issue caused by the wrong skeleton installed. Perhaps you had some mod overwrite the skeleton from the ABC mod?

So happy to see drowners in Skyrim properly "equipped".

😁

13 hours ago, Doom.lord16 said:

niiiiiice, have you decided what skeleton as of yet?

I tried out the lurker first. I did not like it. I was about to rig it as a giant before posing it into a werewolf afterwards. Then parts of my hardware crashed again. So now I am awaiting new parts and a fresh install of everything 😤. God I am so tired of starting over now.

48 minutes ago, Thor2000 said:

Picture plz.

Not sure what you mean? the ogre is a giant, but smaller in size so no animations fit 100%. Maybe a picture here as well would help describe the cause.'

Sounds like the floating dick issue caused by the wrong skeleton installed. Perhaps you had some mod overwrite the skeleton from the ABC mod?

😁

I tried out the lurker first. I did not like it. I was about to rig it as a giant before posing it into a werewolf afterwards. Then parts of my hardware crashed again. So now I am awaiting new parts and a fresh install of everything 😤. God I am so tired of starting over now.

Ogrim Lord only floats by a tiny bit and the gap is barely noticeable only when I tested it on a flat white surface. As for the penis placement being too high on Ogrm Lord and Ogre it's purely subjective so if everyone is happy with it then I am OK.

I see XPMS has a newer version with ABC update so I'll give that a try. Strange, I only see the freezing penis issue with Nekker and none of the other werewolf species.

2 hours ago, Thor2000 said:

Picture plz.

😁

daaaamn, my condolences man.

On 4/30/2024 at 4:00 AM, Thor2000 said:

Minotaur progress:

mesh3.png

mesh2.png

mesh1.png

random thought: you could have *two* variants of the Minotaur (depending on how much effort it'd take). A lesser minotaur who are more bestial and use the troll skeleton as you suggested. And then the greater "true" minotaur which uses weapons, and uses giants skeleton.

Or something i dunno lol

1 hour ago, chrismis8843 said:

question dose {Skyrim Immersive Creatures Special Edition} with {Bad Dog's Immersive Creatures SE T2.1} break this mod

Won't break. Minor Ai aggression conflicts perhaps. But do use wrye bashed patches.

1 hour ago, Doom.lord16 said:

random thought: you could have *two* variants of the Minotaur (depending on how much effort it'd take). A lesser minotaur who are more bestial and use the troll skeleton as you suggested. And then the greater "true" minotaur which uses weapons, and uses giants skeleton.

Or something i dunno lol

This was my exact plan. Rigging it as a giant first and then use that rig to get my werewolf mino afterwards.