Demonic Creatures - Mod Version V1.8 -> Patch v1.81

On 5/9/2023 at 11:06 PM, Bigglsby said:

There is a link for this on the download page, under the spoiler heading for Addons and Compatibility patches.  In that list, it is the bottom of the "Up to date" links, for the SMP meshes.  This links to a post with the meshes, and a few other files, including the SMP patch. 

Link here:

Hope that helps

Awesome, thanks so much!

57 minutes ago, Slick Silk said:

Awesome, thanks so much!

No worries.  Be advised though, some of these meshes (as I've found just recently, see posts just above), are no longer good.  At least one, the draugr slave, should be either deleted or hidden when you install, else you'll end up with a purple body during Slab scenes/when aroused.

To anyone looking at/using the SMP meshes addons, I took the time to go through all the files to see if there were any others that had missing texture issues.

I found 3 in total.  I recommend hiding/deleting these from your SMP meshes mod, which should then revert to the default Demonic Creatures meshes (assuming you didn't merge them to the main mod on installation).

Problem meshes from the SMP Meshes addon:

/meshes/NewCreatures/cavetroll/cavetrollHARD.nif

/meshes/NewCreatures/entelodongoblin/entelodongoblin01HARD.nif

/meshes/NewCreatures/VICN/canine/draugrdogHARD.nif

While I did go through them one by one, there are lots of files and eyeball lag may have caused some to be missed.  :)

The second SMP meshes addon (1.62 SMP Patch) has later dated files, and should load second to the SMP meshes as an overwrite.  I presume this is updated/corrections of the original SMP meshes addon.

Hope that's helpful.

5 hours ago, erynyes said:

Are the grummite patrol supposed to sometimes spawn right in the middle of Dragonsbridge? Just witness it happen in my games they massacred the whole village lmfao

No not by intention. But I have seen two dead grummites in the center of dawnstar. I've also encountered two grummites at the docks in solitude (just south of the ship near the farm). 

None of those are intentional either. The patrolmarkers seem to work fine when I tested them. But I should probably look at them again.

Did you meet the whole bunch (5 ea) of them in Dragonbrigde? Hope they didn't kill Julienne ?

5 hours ago, Thor2000 said:

No not by intention. But I have seen two dead grummites in the center of dawnstar. I've also encountered two grummites at the docks in solitude (just south of the ship near the farm). 

None of those are intentional either. The patrolmarkers seem to work fine when I tested them. But I should probably look at them again.

Did you meet the whole bunch (5 ea) of them in Dragonbrigde? Hope they didn't kill Julienne ?

They spawned (the 5 of them) right next to the inn in front of the bridge, Julienne is safe, the only outside survivor is that bitch Olda, even the grummite didn't want a piece of that ?

Edited by erynyes
On 5/11/2023 at 3:29 PM, Bigglsby said:

I certainly wouldn't say that it's necessary, but it helps keep functional/visual consistency with other schlonged actors.  Since I've only ever used this mod recently, and with the SMP meshes installed.  So I don't have a good perspective on running without. 

Devoting your dev time to converting everything may not be best... I just couldn't speak for how many of your users prefer with or without.  I'm sure there is quite few people running hardware that would much prefer to keep physics as minimal as possible for performance reasons.

Sounds like I'm stuck with Bhunp hdt pe for a while longer until I decide to move on. My rig is fairly "ok" when it comes to Skyrim. I'm running mostly 4k textures combined with kwanon Loxia ENB. It runs fairly well even with DOF enabled. But pushing for SMP might be the drop that puts ne on the egde :)

ps... I'm gonna link your info in your previous post about those these conflicts between demonic creatures v1.7 and hdt smp meshes v1.62  too so that people know how to fix it.

Edited by Thor2000
6 hours ago, erynyes said:

They spawned (the 5 of them) right next to the inn in front of the bridge, Julienne is safe, the only outside survivor is that bitch Olda, even the grummite didn't want a piece of that ?

Olda is a very interesting NPC. She sounds very much like my neighbour in many ways. Luckily my neighbour don't have a husband ?. I'd share her with the grummites any time... God I'm bad ?

@Thor2000sorry to bother you, I was wondering if there are any creature mods that you know of that would pair well with Demonic Creatures without causing compatibility issues, I've removed all other creature mods to ensure i only get DC but would like to add more if possible or should I just stick to retextures? and also will all retextures work? thank you for sharing your work

Edited by harryscrowtem
20 minutes ago, harryscrowtem said:

@Thor2000sorry to bother you, I was wondering if there are any creature mods that you know of that would pair well with Demonic Creatures without causing compatibility issues, I've removed all other creature mods to ensure i only get DC but would like to add more if possible or should I just stick to retextures? and also will all retextures work? thank you for sharing your work

All of mihails mods should go hand in hand. He don't touch leveled lists so there won't be conflicts. Just avoid installing a mihail mod that already exist in demonic creatures. That could overwrite the modifications I've done to meshes and skeletons and things will stop working.

Skytest, SIC etc.... they all go nice together but you need to read up on wrye bash and make bashed patch. Otherwise there will be major conflicts.

Trying to run the goblin village add-on but i'm experiencing infinite loading before main menu, any idea whats going wrong? running DC 1.71, using MO2, had to set the data folder as directory to make the file structure ok for MO2

Edited by erynyes
2 hours ago, erynyes said:

Trying to run the goblin village add-on but i'm experiencing infinite loading before main menu, any idea whats going wrong? running DC 1.71, using MO2, had to set the data folder as directory to make the file structure ok for MO2

My only guess is wrye bashed patches? You don't need to include the village in those.

For all I know it's not working for anyone cause I haven't gotten any feedback on it. It is loaded after demonic creatures?

8 minutes ago, Thor2000 said:

My only guess is wrye bashed patches? You don't need to include the village in those.

For all I know it's not working for anyone cause I haven't gotten any feedback on it. It is loaded after demonic creatures?

I'm not using wrye bash, or any levelled list patch. And yes it is loaded after DC, i've tried to load it before and after the 1.71 patch fix but the result is the same, also tried on an existing playthrough and on a brand new profile

Edited by erynyes
2 hours ago, erynyes said:

I'm not using wrye bash, or any levelled list patch. And yes it is loaded after DC, i've tried to load it before and after the 1.71 patch fix but the result is the same, also tried on an existing playthrough and on a brand new profile

-Hmmm ..... very weird. I'll see if I can find some time and download the SE version to check if everything is ok with it. I know for a fact that I did not change the form id for the esp. But as I've been told a 100 times it should not matter.

22 hours ago, Evallyn said:

Just curious. There is a really chatty mountain lion hanging out with hunters south of Kynesgrove (in that small camp off the road across from the giants place). What is up with that?

I'm pretty sure he doesn't talk in my game ?. Are you sure there isn't anything conflicting with the sabrecatrace?

I'm curious though... what does he say ??

3 hours ago, Thor2000 said:

I'm pretty sure he doesn't talk in my game ?. Are you sure there isn't anything conflicting with the sabrecatrace?

I'm curious though... what does he say ??

He seems to regard himself as one of the hunters (the usual hunter couple is still there and the horses). Even helps them hunt. As for what he says, he says generic male hunter lines like complaining about Jarls not allowing deer hunting and stuff. Its kinda cute. I have Immersive Citizens installed.. Maybe that mod got confused?

13 minutes ago, Evallyn said:

He seems to regard himself as one of the hunters (the usual hunter couple is still there and the horses). Even helps them hunt. As for what he says, he says generic male hunter lines like complaining about Jarls not allowing deer hunting and stuff. Its kinda cute. I have Immersive Citizens installed.. Maybe that mod got confused?

?... almost worth downloading the Immersive citizen mod alone.

Could it be that Immersive citizens adds additional AI and dialogue based on faction? If so then I could see if I can find another faction to this lion.

How about the other panthers residing with the jarls? Plus the college dusk panther, and Hert's ghoul pet at the mill. Do they too have this behaviour?

Edited by Thor2000

The grummites did it again, on a brand new playthrough the patrol spawned right next to the chopping block at the solitude sawmill, they kill everything there, then resume their patrol and went on a rampage at Katla farm and at the docks.

Not that it really bothers me, i find it somewhat immersive, but you did mention it wasn't really intended... Only mod i use that change the cells in this part is JK's Skyrim if that matters

(speaking of not really intended, the mod Notice me senpai was recently updated, you can now have various dialogue topic to ask npc for casual sex, the author kinda forget to exclude some race from the function, so it works with the bjaegertrolls, probably the chimps and a bunch of non hostiles creatures lol, i bet it works with the talking mountain Lion ?)

5 hours ago, erynyes said:

The grummites did it again, on a brand new playthrough the patrol spawned right next to the chopping block at the solitude sawmill, they kill everything there, then resume their patrol and went on a rampage at Katla farm

Then there is something here that I need to adjust. It could be a navmesh issue. What day in Skyrim did they spawn at the sawmill? Middas/Turdas?

2 hours ago, Thor2000 said:

Then there is something here that I need to adjust. It could be a navmesh issue. What day in Skyrim did they spawn at the sawmill? Middas/Turdas?

i think it's tirdas, i still got an early save i could try to recreate it later

Slight update on the conversational creatures. As far as I can tell none of the others seem to be very talkative. Maybe its just hunter AI that are especially vocal or something. I did notice something with Hersts pet ghoul. I dont know if this is from this mod or a side effect from Immersive Citizens but she takes him on walks... Like proper walks. Immersive Citizen has NPC's do more people stuff and not just sleep work visit inn sleep repeat. Either way it makes sense. The cabin is rather cramped and he is a big boy who needs excercise.

5 hours ago, Evallyn said:

Slight update on the conversational creatures. As far as I can tell none of the others seem to be very talkative. Maybe its just hunter AI that are especially vocal or something. I did notice something with Hersts pet ghoul. I dont know if this is from this mod or a side effect from Immersive Citizens but she takes him on walks... Like proper walks. Immersive Citizen has NPC's do more people stuff and not just sleep work visit inn sleep repeat. Either way it makes sense. The cabin is rather cramped and he is a big boy who needs excercise.

Good than I'll fix the mountain lion. I gave the ghoul pet a follower package for a few hours each day. Wherever Hert goes, he will follow.

@Thor2000 I gotta bug you again, sorry ? I'm using these  New Hagraven and Glenmoril Witch at Skyrim Special Edition Nexus - Mods and Community (nexusmods.com) - Falmer Overhaul - New models and textures at Skyrim Special Edition Nexus - Mods and Community (nexusmods.com) as retextures/replacers, would they be compatible with with your mod or would it ruin something? i know you told me to look into wyre bash, but it wont work with the newest ae version im on (if i read it correctly) 

Edited by harryscrowtem