[mod] Sexbound Reborn

11 hours ago, doctorpotato said:

<DELETE THESE> They are outdated or not needed anymore.

Lustbound_Base.pak'
SBR Lustbound patch 1.0'

Kawalii Cloathing Edit.pak

You have an old Sexbound Reborn ... get this one sexbound-reborn-1.1_r2-paked.zip

you have an old Sexbound Reborn bow patch .. get this one too SBR Aphrodites Bow patch 1.1_h1.zip

Ok so far that's the first glaring issues I can see, this mod thats killing your game adds an NPC called in doctor merchant i am not too sure yet what that is .. but ill poke around and see. (Edit) Steam will update any mod you installed with the new ver. So knowing that ... and that this just .. popped on for you, it sounds like someone made a mistake, this mistake to be exact { Error parsing json: bad object, should be '}' or ',' at 8:4 } why the game is crashing is because when it tries to load the npctype it gets a json error.. the error is he/she/firetruck ether forgot to put a } or a , at some part in the npctype file code... then he/she/firetruck updated his mod on steam with the issue and boom ... dead game for all who have that mod.... it might be fixed depending on how devoted he/she/firetruck is to upkeep to their mod.

Just a pointer .. its very hard to tell what steam loaded due to the fact it calls all its mods the same bloody name ... not your fault .. just hard to poke through is all.

SBR 1.1 gives a fatal crash and hence I can't use that version sadly

4 hours ago, Erina Sugino said:

Doing some snooping, seems it was the "Squids in Space!: A Splatoon Mod" mod and the issue was reported and is getting fixed.

EDIT: Actually the issue was reported and supposedly patched before you even posted here, so if Steam didn't update the mod for you just unsubscribe and resubscribe I guess.

this ended up working, thanks

1 hour ago, Vitruvian said:

SBR 1.1 gives a fatal crash and hence I can't use that version sadly

Everytime someone refuses to use the newest version because "it no worky, old one does" I take personal insult in that.

3 minutes ago, Erina Sugino said:

Everytime someone refuses to use the newest version because "it no worky, old one does" I take personal insult in that.

I wanted to respond to it ... but ... ugg ... 10 moose coins says is steam mod install giving her/him/firetruck issues

44 minutes ago, doctorpotato said:

I wanted to respond to it ... but ... ugg ... 10 moose coins says is steam mod install giving her/him/firetruck issues

it might be tbh, this is what shows up when I get the error

it could also be my idiocy installed it wrong

Screenshot (32).png

starbound.log

15 minutes ago, Vitruvian said:

actually i think i found out

edit nvm i did not find out

ok its go fuck yourself thats crashing your game...its missing  the ..... lox_sexbound dependency? WTF?? this says sexbound is not working at all!

1 hour ago, Vitruvian said:

it might be tbh, this is what shows up when I get the error

it could also be my idiocy installed it wrong

It says you don't have Sexbound installed. Have you just moved the zip into the mods folder? Have you splattered the mod all over the mods folder?

1 hour ago, Erina Sugino said:

It says you don't have Sexbound installed. Have you just moved the zip into the mods folder? Have you splattered the mod all over the mods folder?

Yeah i still get a giggle out of it every time. User comes in, uses old version because "it works", then turns out they installed it with Nexus, edited the .pak with notepad, dropped the ZIP file inside another mod folder to get loaded, etc.

To you, dear @Vitruvian, Sexbound Reborn comes as two separate mods, only one is necessary, but you must install them properly to get the API to be both recognized as installed by the game, and have it run properly. This copy-pasta sums it up for a single mod, but lemme explain further after;

Spoiler
On 4/22/2020 at 9:23 PM, red3dred said:

Even better, wippersnappers, it sounds like someone extracted their mod, and installed it, incorrectly. Lemme dig through several hundred images in my LL account real quick...

Ah, here;
image.png

These files should not be in the mods folder. They should also not be inside a folder, that is inside another folder. It requires specifically to be:

>/mods/Sexbound/ (These files)

NOT

>/mods/ (These files)

NOR

>/mods/Sexbound/Sexbound/ (These files)

Now i'll take the opportunity to save the above as a quotable link since it's a answer i often gotta post =V

The same applies to the Sexbound Reborn API, but it will include two mods in this structure, even if you pick the PACKED version. One, is the .pak file of the mod itself, and the other, the config files, separate, so you can manage them without applying a drill and tape to your mod. You don't need the config sub-mod to have it work, you just need to make sure at least the API is installed as shown above, a single folder inside the mods folder, with the _metadata file in there.

My dad calls this "Magical Thinking" ... it's not how it works but how they think it should work.

I also am rather sure I said his/her/firetrucks error will be fixed due to steam updating the mod...

I'm beginning to think I'm to verbose. 

23 minutes ago, red3dred said:

Yeah i still get a giggle out of it every time. User comes in, uses old version because "it works", then turns out they installed it with Nexus, edited the .pak with notepad, dropped the ZIP file inside another mod folder to get loaded, etc.

To you, dear @Vitruvian, Sexbound Reborn comes as two separate mods, only one is necessary, but you must install them properly to get the API to be both recognized as installed by the game, and have it run properly. This copy-pasta sums it up for a single mod, but lemme explain further after;

Hide contents

The same applies to the Sexbound Reborn API, but it will include two mods in this structure, even if you pick the PACKED version. One, is the .pak file of the mod itself, and the other, the config files, separate, so you can manage them without applying a drill and tape to your mod. You don't need the config sub-mod to have it work, you just need to make sure at least the API is installed as shown above, a single folder inside the mods folder, with the _metadata file in there.

I... I didn't even know you could install with nexus, but yeah I installed both inside the zip into the mods folder instead of separate into the mods folder, working now. thanks for the help from all three of you
much appreciated

13 minutes ago, Vitruvian said:

I... I didn't even know you could install with nexus, but yeah I installed both inside the zip into the mods folder instead of separate into the mods folder, working now. thanks for the help from all three of you
much appreciated

I would like to say we mean no slight towards you, your issue is common, and as a modder we get it A LOT.

Here's a fun thing to try, make one small graphical change to your game, does not have to be much, very VERY simple... post it as a mod ... and just watch the posts coming in saying your mod crashed their game, or that its not working, or my personal favorite.. "Is this mod compatible with FU" 

9 minutes ago, LaserSexPanther said:

where would I find the log?

oh ok so in your starbound folder you will see a folder called storage in that folder you will find a file called starbound.log now I don't want the one that has a .1 or .2 or .3 after it ... just the first one .. thats the one that last ran and you had issues.

13 minutes ago, doctorpotato said:

oh ok so in your starbound folder you will see a folder called storage in that folder you will find a file called starbound.log now I don't want the one that has a .1 or .2 or .3 after it ... just the first one .. thats the one that last ran and you had issues.

thank you. found it

starbound.log.1

6 minutes ago, LaserSexPanther said:

umm thank you ... I am assuming your giving me the log where you had issues ... just to let you know this log is older than the last time you tried to play and had issues... starbound makes a simple log file called starbound.log then when you boot up the game again it renames that log to starbound.log.1 and makes a new log for the new session called starbound.log.... it does this 5 times ... so in that folder you will have Starbound.log, Starbound.log.1, Starbound.log.2, Starbound.log.3, Starbound.log.4, and Starbound.log.5

This is not said in frustration or anger, but in the tone of an educator... I am looking over this log assuming this is the one you had issues with.

Edited by doctorpotato
4 minutes ago, doctorpotato said:

umm thank you ... I am assuming your giving me the log where you had issues ... just to let you know this log is older than the last time you tried to play and had issues... starbound makes a simple log file called starbound.log then when you boot up the game again it renames that log to starbound.log.1 and makes a new log for the new session called starbound.log.... it does this 5 times ... so in that folder you will have Starbound.log, Starbound.log.1, Starbound.log.2, Starbound.log.3, Starbound.log.4, and Starbound.log.5

This is not said in frustration or anger, but in the tone of an educator... I am looking over this log assuming this is the one you had issues with.

sorry for not knowing, i don't know which one is the right one they all seem to show the error happening in the same place. 

ok wow ... going to itemize this for you...

- Lustbound_Base_Manager.pak' <----- Delete you do not need Lustbound only the addons
- SxB - Defeat Custom v2.2.pak <----- this is overriding SBdefeat, It is newer so yes but get rid of the old one
- SxB - Teratophilia 0.4.7.pak <---- you have this twice in your mods folder ... delete this one
- SxB - Teratophilia 0.4.8.pak <---- Keep this one
- TTPPv2.2.pak <--- you have this 3 times in your mod folder ... Delete this one
- TTPPv2.3.pak <--- and this one
- TTPPv2.4.pak <---- and this one .... get the new one should be called TTPPv2.6

- Caused by: (StarException) Asset source 'lustbound_sbr_patch' is missing dependency 'lustbound_base <---- this error is bad, it says most of your sexbound is not working

[15:01:56.914] [Warn] Root: Overriding duplicate asset source '..\mods\sexbound' named 'lox_sexbound' with higher or equal priority source '..\mods\sexbound-reborn-1.1_r2.pak
[15:01:56.961] [Warn] Root: Overriding duplicate asset source '..\mods\sexbound-reborn-1.1_r2.pak' named 'lox_sexbound' with higher or equal priority source '..\mods\starbound-sexbound-latest.pak

ok so what that all is saying is, you have an old sexbound installed, you then downloaded the latest sexbound-reborn-1.1r2.pak and it .... sorta overrides parts of the old one .. its not a complete trash this .. just what it finds as duplicates .... THEN you have some mod called starbound-sexbound-latest.pak that just overrides sexbound-reborn-1.1r2.pak

to fix and get you fucking things delete everything in mods folder..zero...zip...your good for I see no steam installs...so you have a empty mods folder in your starbound directory... now download these

that should get you going

I've never done this before, so I was wondering if this is how you add compatible species? Would it look something like this? And how would I add more to the list?

"compatibleSpecies": {
    "apex": [ ],
    "avian": [ ],
    "fenerox": [ ],
    "floran": [ ],
    "glitch": [ ],
    "human": ["neki"],
    "hylotl": [ ],
    "novakid": [ ],
    "penguin": [ ],
    "neki": ["human"],
    "neko": [ ],
    "felin": [ ]

2 hours ago, Kathrynerius said:

I've never done this before, so I was wondering if this is how you add compatible species? Would it look something like this? And how would I add more to the list?

"compatibleSpecies": {
    "apex": [ ],
    "avian": [ ],
    "fenerox": [ ],
    "floran": [ ],
    "glitch": [ ],
    "human": ["neki"],
    "hylotl": [ ],
    "novakid": [ ],
    "penguin": [ ],
    "neki": ["human"],
    "neko": [ ],
    "felin": [ ]

That's correct. For multiple values you just add them to the list.
"species": ["species1", "species2", ...]

7 hours ago, doctorpotato said:

ok wow ... going to itemize this for you...

- Lustbound_Base_Manager.pak' <----- Delete you do not need Lustbound only the addons
- SxB - Defeat Custom v2.2.pak <----- this is overriding SBdefeat, It is newer so yes but get rid of the old one
- SxB - Teratophilia 0.4.7.pak <---- you have this twice in your mods folder ... delete this one
- SxB - Teratophilia 0.4.8.pak <---- Keep this one
- TTPPv2.2.pak <--- you have this 3 times in your mod folder ... Delete this one
- TTPPv2.3.pak <--- and this one
- TTPPv2.4.pak <---- and this one .... get the new one should be called TTPPv2.6

- Caused by: (StarException) Asset source 'lustbound_sbr_patch' is missing dependency 'lustbound_base <---- this error is bad, it says most of your sexbound is not working

[15:01:56.914] [Warn] Root: Overriding duplicate asset source '..\mods\sexbound' named 'lox_sexbound' with higher or equal priority source '..\mods\sexbound-reborn-1.1_r2.pak
[15:01:56.961] [Warn] Root: Overriding duplicate asset source '..\mods\sexbound-reborn-1.1_r2.pak' named 'lox_sexbound' with higher or equal priority source '..\mods\starbound-sexbound-latest.pak

ok so what that all is saying is, you have an old sexbound installed, you then downloaded the latest sexbound-reborn-1.1r2.pak and it .... sorta overrides parts of the old one .. its not a complete trash this .. just what it finds as duplicates .... THEN you have some mod called starbound-sexbound-latest.pak that just overrides sexbound-reborn-1.1r2.pak

to fix and get you fucking things delete everything in mods folder..zero...zip...your good for I see no steam installs...so you have a empty mods folder in your starbound directory... now download these

that should get you going

thank you again for the help. 

so how do kids actually work in regards to crew membership? after going through an entire irl evening trying to get pregnant. and then another irl evening messin around to actually get a kid, i finally have the kid just roaming around the ship with no clothes on and no actual crew roles outside "family" even after growing up. i cant seem to find clear info on the kid actually growing up. I assume the idea is for a colony or somethign?

11 hours ago, Neko-Noskire said:

so how do kids actually work in regards to crew membership? after going through an entire irl evening trying to get pregnant. and then another irl evening messin around to actually get a kid, i finally have the kid just roaming around the ship with no clothes on and no actual crew roles outside "family" even after growing up. i cant seem to find clear info on the kid actually growing up. I assume the idea is for a colony or somethign?

Kids are whatever NPC they are born as, but shrunk down and with custom dialog. That is all there is to them. After 5 in-game days (average day length of 840 seconds) they "grow up" by removing their shrink status effect, as well as enabling sexual interaction for that NPC and also reenabling normal crew member interaction.

As for how the "crewmembersexbound" npctype works, which is the NPC type for player involved babies, I dopn'T really know. They're a clone of the normal crewmember class, but with the role flavor text changed to be family related.