[mod] Sexbound Reborn

55 minutes ago, Erina Sugino said:

They do.

If something is broken for you, you can always toss a log so we can try and troubleshoot your problem.

here you go

only male or top fills up, animation doesn't play when we get on the node it freezes and does a really fast animation, once you leave bed and hop back on a few times it fixes.

starbound.log

Edited by NiffyFox
1 hour ago, NiffyFox said:

Problem is I'm in a server.

Well, that is a problem. For I would need both the client and server logs.

Your attached client log has essentially 0 information, as all the actual sex happens on the server-sided object.

Welp.

To be honest, I didn’t want to write about this until recently because of how obvious the solution would later turn out to be.
But all attempts to fix it did not help.
Conception just doesn't work. Neither the same nor the different. And any related lines in the logs are just like this

[12:13:28.533] [Error] SxB: Baby generation errored! Aborting further generation.
[12:13:28.533] [Error] Error: [string "/scripts/sexbound/util.lua"]:219: bad argument #1 to 'len' (string expected, got nil)
[12:13:28.533] [Warn] [SxB | PREG] : Actor has not become pregnant due to no successful pregnancy generation

40 minutes ago, Banleog said:

Welp.

To be honest, I didn’t want to write about this until recently because of how obvious the solution would later turn out to be.
But all attempts to fix it did not help.
Conception just doesn't work. Neither the same nor the different. And any related lines in the logs are just like this

[12:13:28.533] [Error] SxB: Baby generation errored! Aborting further generation.
[12:13:28.533] [Error] Error: [string "/scripts/sexbound/util.lua"]:219: bad argument #1 to 'len' (string expected, got nil)
[12:13:28.533] [Warn] [SxB | PREG] : Actor has not become pregnant due to no successful pregnancy generation

I'd need a full log, with "info" and "debug" level logging turned on at the bottom of the main config file. Also, just for convenience, which species are involved?

All of them i guess. Cause it wont happen with anyone. Bustarbound.logt

8 minutes ago, Erina Sugino said:

I'd need a full log, with "info" and "debug" level logging turned on at the bottom of the main config file. Also, just for convenience, which species are involved?

right now novakid. And here's log. I hope comman /debug enough to make it one

1 hour ago, Banleog said:

All of them i guess. Cause it wont happen with anyone. But right now novakid. And here's log. I hope comman /debug enough to make it one

That log does not contain the error, as it did not contain a successfully triggered pregnancy. That would also be an important part. xD

44 minutes ago, The_Loving_Lexy said:

To comment on behalf of Niffy this is not a paid server its one where you join your friends, And also from what i saw in the thing she sent it does show still like Warn,Error, And info stuff. So my question is how do we find the full logs?

If it's not a dedicated server, then I guess that equated to the log of the hosting player.

9 minutes ago, XxkillaxX117 said:

For some reason the little close-up window isnt showing up, and i cant figure out how to impregnate npcs. i kinda figured it would say if theyre preggo but it doesn't 

The pov is working now, But I still can't figure out the pregnancy. Are only specific npcs allowed tobget prego?

20 minutes ago, The_Loving_Lexy said:

So this is what log from the person with the world but I am unsure if this is what your looking for. I am new to this whole thing here so trying to learn and also fix the whole thing to enjoy.

Your sextalk config is broken, which is to my knowledge most likely caused by the Yoru mod(s) you have installed. The Sexbound specific Yoru mods are known to completely obliterate sextalk and defeat. Seeing as the config file fails to load and hence the entire module erroring out on every tick, that could certainly explain your described error behavior. Try removing that mod, or - if you have the necessary knowledge, fixing it yourself.

13 minutes ago, XxkillaxX117 said:

For some reason the little close-up window isnt showing up, and i cant figure out how to impregnate npcs. i kinda figured it would say if theyre preggo but it doesn't 

NPCs do announce pregnancy to you, unless you have turned off notifications in the main config file. Impregnating an NPC is an instantaneous action, but always affected by the conditions for pregnancies to occur.

The conditions entail:

- An actor with a penis penetrating an actor with a vagina.

- Climax occuring

- No status effect blocking climax (wearing a condom)

- No status effect blocking conception (sterile, infertile, using contraception, ...)

- The species being compatible

- A (default settings) 10% RNG roll succeeding.

By default settings, the only species cross-breedable are Human and Apex.

2 hours ago, Erina Sugino said:

Your sextalk config is broken, which is to my knowledge most likely caused by the Yoru mod(s) you have installed. The Sexbound specific Yoru mods are known to completely obliterate sextalk and defeat. Seeing as the config file fails to load and hence the entire module erroring out on every tick, that could certainly explain your described error behavior. Try removing that mod, or - if you have the necessary knowledge, fixing it yourself.

NPCs do announce pregnancy to you, unless you have turned off notifications in the main config file. Impregnating an NPC is an instantaneous action, but always affected by the conditions for pregnancies to occur.

The conditions entail:

- An actor with a penis penetrating an actor with a vagina.

- Climax occuring

- No status effect blocking climax (wearing a condom)

- No status effect blocking conception (sterile, infertile, using contraception, ...)

- The species being compatible

- A (default settings) 10% RNG roll succeeding.

By default settings, the only species cross-breedable are Human and Apex.

Oh, that makes sense why it wasn't working, I'm a Nightar bangin Avians

Edited by XxkillaxX117
20 minutes ago, XxkillaxX117 said:

Oh, that makes sense why it wasn't working, I'm a Noghtar bangin Avians

You can of course customize everything about pregnancies in the pregnancy plugin config file.

Also, regarding the POV window - it only shows up when the action between two actors is fully supported. This, in the current public state of POV Redux alone, is only the case for humans and partially for florans. Other POV addons out there add support for individual races.

2 minutes ago, The_Loving_Lexy said:

Ok That seems to have fixed the problems. Only question i got now is where can i find the location of what species can reproduce with what?

Pregnancy config file.

"compatibleSpecies" table defines custom overrides to which species can reproduce.

There is also the option for the modders of the races themselves to define a "speciesType" in their species file, which groups them with other species of the same time for native compatibility (which is how Human and Apex are natively compatible), but to my knowledge noone used that yet.

9 minutes ago, The_Loving_Lexy said:

I did do an Edit above if you seen it. Just letting you know the change.

Your new log does not contain any errors, so I'll have to dig deeper.

What exactly do you mean by "custom dialog not showing"?

What specifically have you done, where, and how?

What are you expecting to happen?

What is happening instead?

9 minutes ago, The_Loving_Lexy said:

Ok then we must have not added any special dialog then/sextalk, With how one makes it where the Avali talk about touching their feathers and etc

The dialog structure of current Sextalk is a very hard to understand mess.

The game loads the file for a member of a species based on their main gender (the one Starbound defines) for a given position.

Within that file, there are several tree layers determining the scenario for which the dialog applies.

The first of these layer is an array, where the blocks determine in which actor role the speaker is in the position.

The next layer separates which internal state the speaking actor is in - sex (default), climax, pregnant. (In SBR, I already made it so "pregnant" state is added to sex state.)

The next layer separates by the species of the target actor spoken to.

The next layer separates based on the target's main gender.

And the final layer separates based on the target's actor state.

With "default" being a "catch-all" placeholder available to most.

Unless the species of an actor is defined in the "skipMergeDefaultDialog" table in the plugin config file, all this dialog is added on top of the generic dialog defined in the "default<gender>" file for the position.

Unless the species of an actor is defined in the "noMergeDefaultDialog" table in the plugin config file, the options for "target Species" added to the "default" target species options.

This has been a convoluted mess noone really understands, while being far too limiting in options, for a long, long time - and hence is the goal of the upcoming V1.2 release to completely rework. If you want a hopefully much easier time to understand and customize the dialog and start futureproofing your personal changes, you might wanna take a look at preview for the new sextalk file structure implemented in V1.2 - of which there will hopefully be a public Release Candidate for testing soon.

8 hours ago, Erina Sugino said:

That log does not contain the error, as it did not contain a successfully triggered pregnancy. That would also be an important part. xD

That's kinda the problem i wanted to solve. Maybe i'm not the smartest one, but before it's worked "from the box" just fine.(and guite often)

Now I specifically increased the chance to the maximum.It's not happend. Maybe i missed something but
two creatures with similar species to each other,diferent sex,
with the “fetish” turned on, should give a guaranteed result. Is there something else?
Plus in log there are literaly "[Error] SxB: Baby generation errored!"

Or is it part of the way it's mechanically designed?

Edited by Banleog
3 hours ago, Banleog said:

That's kinda the problem i wanted to solve. Maybe i'm not the smartest one, but before it's worked "from the box" just fine.(and guite often)

Now I specifically increased the chance to the maximum.It's not happend. Maybe i missed something but
two creatures with similar species to each other,diferent sex,
with the “fetish” turned on, should give a guaranteed result. Is there something else?
Plus in log there are literaly "[Error] SxB: Baby generation errored!"

Or is it part of the way it's mechanically designed?

Successfully triggering a pregnancy and successfully conceiving are two different things.

Your last log doesn't even contain any information about a pregnancy being attempted to generate. So there also wasn't the error that we're trying to solve.

For ease of testing you can turn the "enableCompatibleSpeciesOnly" setting off, set the "fertility" setting to 1 and - if you are playing as a female player - turn the "enablePeriodCycle" setting off in the pregnancy plugin config file. That way every single climax should guaranteed try and generate a pregnancy. Then you can try again and send me the log.

1 hour ago, Erina Sugino said:

Successfully triggering a pregnancy and successfully conceiving are two different things.

Your last log doesn't even contain any information about a pregnancy being attempted to generate. So there also wasn't the error that we're trying to solve.

For ease of testing you can turn the "enableCompatibleSpeciesOnly" setting off, set the "fertility" setting to 1 and - if you are playing as a female player - turn the "enablePeriodCycle" setting off in the pregnancy plugin config file. That way every single climax should guaranteed try and generate a pregnancy. Then you can try again and send me the log.

Thing is... I did and it gives the same one.

starbound.log

15 minutes ago, Erina Sugino said:

This log does not have "info" and "debug" level logging as I first instructed you.

Will it be enough to write /debug to make the log look like this or are any other changes needed? If not than please tell me how.

starbound.log